[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

First script read for KBS’s Masked Prosecutorby girlfriday 
xLwhv7.jpg

There’s nothing like a vigilante hero to get me excited for a new drama. Not that Kim Sun-ah (I Do, I Do) and Joo Sang-wook (Birth of a Beauty) together wouldn’t be worth watching for the cast alone, but then you give one of them a mask and a crusade to fight, and I’m there with bells on. And given that I only want Joo Sang-wook to do comedies from now on, I’m doubly excited that his prosecutor-by-day, masked-hero-by-night character sounds like a hoot.

KBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama Masked Prosecutor officially kicked off production with a script read led by Kim Sun-ah and Joo Sang-wook, along with co-stars Ohn Joo-wan(Punch), Hwang Sun-hee (Master’s Sun), and Jeon Gwang-ryul (Goddess of Fire Jung-yi). The drama promises a fresh and upbeat romance between a prosecutor vigilante hero and a passionate detective heroine.

Joo Sang-wook stars as a cheeky materialistic prosecutor who only cares about job security and moving up the ranks… or so he wants everyone to believe. That cover persona hides the fact that he dons a mask to fight for the justice that didn’t prevail in the courtroom. He’s described as a hot-blooded character, to whom “fist-fighting is instinct, and slyness is optional.” 

Kim Sun-ah plays a chief detective who’s overflowing with passion for her job. To her, “justice is instinct and intellect is optional,” which I’m sure gets her into a bit of trouble. But her strong sense of justice and her act-first-think-later mentality puts her in pretty similar territory with the hero, except for that pesky lawbreaking vigilante problem that might put a kink in the proceedings.

Ohn Joo-wan plays a cool-headed prosecutor who represents the corrupt power that Joo Sang-wook is fighting against. They’re also half-brothers, and the hero has a personal stake in bringing his family down. Hwang Sun-hee plays an intelligent prosecutor and the daughter of the minister of justice, who graduated at the top of her class. She was classmates with Joo Sang-wook’s character, and will end up helping him.

I really hope they have some fun with the cover persona and give Joo Sang-wook lots comical character moments in between all of his big hero missions. He was reportedly cracking everyone up during the script read, so I’ll take that as a good sign.

Masked Prosecutor follows Unkind Women in May.

cr: Dramabeans

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tara97 said: Yaay so excited to see joo sang wook again and the story seems exciting ^^ I hope the fact that MP is 24 episodes doesn't mean it'll drag at the end , fingers crossed :-bd

Has the official premier date been released already ? From my calculations , and if MP followed Unkind ladies without any postpones , I think it'll air on the 20th May

@Yurichin I suppose the "him" from Queen Seon Deok is Lee Moon Shik. :D I first saw him in Giant, and I've stalked him ever since, but I still think his role in Giant was one of his best.
I think people mention Ohn Joo Wan's drama Surplus Princess/The Mermaid because it's his leading drama, but I find Punch to be more relevant because it's his latest one and... he played a prosecutor - a corrupted one - and it was more popular than the other one, on national TV. Or maybe the authors of the articles do not want us to compare his character in Masked Prosecutor with the one in Punch or the production to be overshadowed by Punch - I am just trying a somehow sarcastic joke, but it doesn't seem to work.
Anyway, I'm glad to have Kim Sun Ah and Joo Sang Wook together in one drama, I don't really like that script-reading picture, as Joo Sang Wook looks soo young and Kim Sun Ah looks older - it's past 12 am and I've just got home from work, so I might be seeing things... 
@onnififi, take those gifs down! ;) They make me feel like rewatching - at least some scenes from - MNIKSS and I could really use some sleep. @-)

Guest Yurichin

Hannahmiriam said: @Yurichin I suppose the "him" from Queen Seon Deok is Lee Moon Shik. :D I first saw him in Giant, and I've stalked him ever since, but I still think his role in Giant was one of his best.
I think people mention Ohn Joo Wan's drama Surplus Princess/The Mermaid because it's his leading drama, but I find Punch to be more relevant because it's his latest one and... he played a prosecutor - a corrupted one - and it was more popular than the other one, on national TV. Or maybe the authors of the articles do not want us to compare his character in Masked Prosecutor with the one in Punch or the production to be overshadowed by Punch - I am just trying a somehow sarcastic joke, but it doesn't seem to work.
Anyway, I'm glad to have Kim Sun Ah and Joo Sang Wook together in one drama, I don't really like that script-reading picture, as Joo Sang Wook looks soo young and Kim Sun Ah looks older - it's past 12 am and I've just got home from work, so I might be seeing things... 
@onnififi, take those gifs down! ;) They make me feel like rewatching - at least some scenes from - MNIKSS and I could really use some sleep. @-)

claribel05 said: onnififi said:

@claribel05 thank you dear for sharing your post.

@kbleon thank you dear, so OJW is confirmed too! Yay!  <:-P <:-P I do love to watched him at Surplus Princess.  :x :x  Now I am super excited and looking forward to MP. So today is exactly 1 more month to go for MP to be on air. Should we countdown on the date together chingu?  >:D

@onnififi: You're welcome!

0IRRWrW.gif

@kbleon @all Thanks for the vids and updates :)

More scriptreading photos...
EOF3EGD.jpg
e1tDyj6.jpg
uOdnukq.jpg
S9HdPu9.jpg

CR: MP Baidu
@Hannahmiriam  Hmm...I have to disagree with you on our leads 'old vs young' looks. And I don't see KSA as being 'older' or 'looking old' here, but rather she's groomed and ready to party :). KSA looks gorgeous and beautiful! I tend to agree with @Yurichin ...that she may be heading somewhere else after scriptreading (or with new cast to bond?). Get some rest m/w. 

Guest atiyam

Hi Guys first time posting here ( i have been stalking). I am a huge KIm Sun A fan and I have been for years. I also love JSW. I will say that she is looking wonderful in these photos and I find that they look well matched. I have seen her past script reading pictures and @Yurichin is right she usually has a bare face or she is half covered with a hat and a scarf. I was so  happy to see her looking so gorgeous in these photos ( and of course he looks yummy) It nothing more beautiful than a woman aging gracefully. She looks older because she is and there is nothing wrong with that. In the end it will be about the acting, chemistry, and the script. I for one can't wait. 

Good morning @everyone! :-h :-h

Woohoo finally they started with the 1st script reading!   <:-P <:-P

@MissA chingu ar long time no see ya and thanks for the update dear!  :-* :x

@Yurichin my dear thank you so much for all the still pics of the 1st script reading! Both leads looks amazing!  8-> 8-> They have not start in action yet but by looking at those pics, I can predicted that this thread going to be super hot with their sizzling chemistry! KSA and JSW looks like match in heaven huh! Look at them..... :x

AiWz0CC.jpg

cr. Yurichin

@Hannahmiriam chingu ar welcome onboard and nice to see you here too.  >:D<

@jadecloud my dear thanks for the description and pics of Hwang Su Hee character in MP.  :x :x

Omo....omo looks who's here @se17 hello my dear and welcome onboard! Chingu ar where have you been dear! Long time no see ya. Hugsss!  >:D< >:D< And thanks for the article update from Koala.

@kbleon thank you so much for the casts update, article and also the video on the news for MP dear.  :-* :x

@tara97 and @atiyam welcome onboard to MP chingus.  >:D< >:D<

Guest Yurichin

article from hancinema

"Masked Investigator" Kim Seon-ah and Joo Sang-wook's script reading

http://www.hancinema.net/masked-investigator-kim-seon-ah-and-joo-sang-wook-s-script-reading-81165.html

photo586778.jpg

Kim Seon-ah, Joo Sang-wook, Jeon Kwang-ryeol, Hwang Seon-hee, On Joo-wan, Lee Ki-young, Jeong Ae-ri and Lee Moon-sik got together for the new KBS 2TV drama "Masked Investigator" script reading.

Director Jeon San said, "I hope we create a lot of good fate with this drama" and encouraged the team. Writer Choi Jin-won said, "I started this drama from the question, 'the difference with he who has it and he who hasn't'".

The cast did their best on this day and make it look like they were in the real thing. Kim Seon-ah became one with Yoo Min-hee and even added ad-libs to her lines.

Joo Sang-wook became one with Ha Dae-cheol who is an aspirational investigator but deals with criminals with his fists behind the law. Joo Sang-wook even made gestures while he read his lines.

Jeon Kwang-ryeol in the role of Jo Sang-taek, mesmerized the crowd with his charismatic voice. He holds the weight and the axis of evil in this drama and intensified the atmosphere.

On Joo-wan who plays elite investigator Kang Hyeon-woong, showed his cold and cruel side in contrast to Joo Sang-wook. On Joo-wan's new image will stand out in this drama. Hwang Seon-hee plays Seo Na-ri, an intelligent and elegant woman.

Kim Jong Hak Productions stated, "The first script reading was successful as there was 'seriousness' and 'fun' in the lines given back and forth between the cast. Three hours went by quickly".

Meanwhile, "Masked Investigator" is a romantic drama about 'fist' investigator, Ha Dae-chol and emotional investigator, Yoo Min-hee.

@Yurichin & @jadecloud I've just woken up and I still see her as being more... mature than him. I think it's the difference in hairstyle (hers is more mature, his is rather boyish), the different clothes (she is casual-elegant, while he is just... very casual). Don't think that this is going to make me like her or the drama less. It doesn't mean that I don't like the pair or Kim Sun Ah - I've waited for too long for her comeback. I just say that I see a contrast between the two in that picture. He is still the partner closest to her age (I keep Cha Seung Won out of this), and I am still excited about the pairing. I am not worried at all about the chemistry. She did pull it off with 11 years younger Lee Jang Woo, so Joo Sang Wook can be considered as being the same age... I like the pairing, really. :D
Thanks for welcoming me, @onnififi, even though my first post was on the first page. :D I guess this says everything about how active I am on soompi...

MissA said: Additional cast : Hong Seok-Cheon ( as Yoo Min-Hee's team mate) 

20150322_1427021582_04145400_1.jpg?14297

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=696898

Aww @onnififi :x I haven't bought a tent to camp here, so I will just come once in a while :)) :)I think you need to buy many tents since there are many upcoming drama in May/June ;)) ;)

By goodange K-drama, Stills April 22, 2015 class="entry-title single-title" Kim Sun Ah & Joo Sang Wook Get Together With Fellow Cast Members For “Masked Prosecutor” Table Read 019.jpg

This is better than the announcement that she has joined Masked Prosecutor. These photos of Kim Sun Ah at the script reading means we don’t have to pinch ourselves anymore! She’s really been absent for too long! I don’t know how her chemistry will be with Joo Sang Wook, but I think she makes it work with any male lead :)

In this KBS drama, Kim Sun Ah plays homicide detective, Yoo Min Hee, while Joo Sang Wook is Ha Dae Cheol, who is a prosecutor by day and a masked vigilante / crime avenger by night.

The table read was conducted last April 18, and the leads were joined by On Joo Wan, Jun Kwang Ryul, Hwang Sun Hee, Lee Ki Young, Jung Ae Ri, and Lee Moon Sik. The crew and the actors all seemed very encouraged and vowed to put their all in the drama. The actors also created a lively atmosphere that it was as though they were actually shooting the scenes. Sun Ah and the others were so full of passion that they even ad libbed. This wasn’t a boring event at all, and because it was fun and entertaining, the script reading went by in a flash. With so much gusto from everyone, can we expect a very good show then? Let’s hope so!

Masked Prosecutor will premiere in May, set to replace Unkind Women.

1_zpskwkqdlqw.jpg~original

Source  |  Newsen

Yeorobun.....finally comeback here :D

Woooww so many updates...thanks a bunch :-bd

I like Kim Sun Ah doll up in MP script reading, looks she's going to meet someone special later on ;)) please get married unnie!!! :D

In my opinion she doesnt look old at all for her age...so envy...hahahaha...and loved her upgrading Lee Yeon Jae (her character in SOAW) hair style...

This drama filled up many senior actors after LMS joined in and i believe their performance will bring a good rating later, dont forget about interesting plot story. Ahhh i cant wait....

I watched Hong Suk Chun as cameo in Vampire Prosecutor 2, it hilarious to see him as designer at there.....i curious if he has relationship (romantically) with our Joo Sang Wook.... :))

Ps: HSC is openly gay celeb :P

@Mau_Cherry woah sister welcome onboard dear!  >:D< :-* I am so glad that you are here to joined us dear! Yay!
@kyunii88 chingu ar why again suddenly the word "old" is out again! I think this is my second time saying this....if our lead is old than your unnie here will be...cough* cough* I mean I will be an "ancient queen dowager" here... noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514 Btw sister ar should I do this to the next person who is going to used the words old at our OTP here....
tumblr_ngn9aiL8bD1rjjno5o6_400.giftumblr_ngn9aiL8bD1rjjno5o3_400.gif
cr. the owner

Guest atiyam

@onnififi, Thank you so much for the welcome. I am so excited to join in on the fun
@Hannahmiriam, You are absolutely right she does look more mature due to her style. I actually find this a little hot, she looks extremely feminine while he looks very masculine (hard vs soft). I also like her elegance against his casual....sexy. I  like the way her white shirt looks against his black. I wonder if they called each other to plan their looks.......crazy shipper here. 
@Kyunii88, Yes I am so excited about the upgrade in hairstyle. I was a little scared that they would give her an ajumma style. JSW actually likes women, and instead of being romantically interested in HSC, I think he is already in love with our lovely Kim Star ( at least I will imagine this while watching the drama). How can you not fall in love with beauty, brains, talent and her sense of humor. I am in love with her and I am straight with a husband. She is my one and only in terms of dramas. 
There is absolutely no reason for them (JSW and KSA) to NOT get married after the drama. HAHA

Archived