[Taiwanese Drama, 2015] 必娶女人 Marry me, or not?

Admin

@xiashenghan @Athena416

The character descriptions have already been translated on the Viki main page.

Roy's Q&A was funny. Especially the part where he said they could watch the drama to see if he has abs lol.

That reminds me - does anyone know if any BTS footage has been posted for this drama? My downloads of Office Girls have like 10 minutes of BTS after each episode which is pretty fun to watch. I'd love to see the BTS for Marry Me Or Not - although I suppose the real issue is that even if it's posted it wouldn't get translated. :/

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gwinna

Thanks for that info. I just checked Viki and it was there. I'll add the translations.

Finally this one is available in my country in Viki. I'm so excited.

As for BTS, I think in episode 4, there was a BTS at the end of the show. Though I didn't watch it. But the one uploaded was without the BTS though.

Guest Athena416

@Gwinna 

Thank you for that.hahahaha.Good to know they've already translated it :)

@xiashenghan

Thanks for another Q&A. hahahaha. They're hilarious! I know some friends who are just like them.

Back to the drama, knowing  Hao Sheng Nan, I think she won't be the first to say that they're siblings. It'll be Justin, or someone close to them (relative) who can reveal their true relationship. 

The main leads are starting to fall for each other as evident with their strange expressions after the exchange of several text messages that night. I'm excited to see how far can they go with their pretensions that are starting to become real.

This is one of the few dramas that I've never wished for anything more to see between the main couple.hahaha. I'm usually like, "Can the writer please give us more kissing scenes?" or "I hope we'll get a bed scene at __ Episode".hahaha

This is wayyyy to hot to handle especially coz I'm usually alone at my place so every time I watch the latest Episode, I can scream and laugh all I want with all those scenes.wahahaha :)

kio.jpg

@Athena416

Roy Chiu and Harry Zhang's response about the car being scratched is typical of they guys. Their shocked expression when it was asked. Hahaha!!!

Anyways, I like that scene. When they were texting each other all night and waking up from the same dream. A connection we can see that they're slowly falling in love. I'm not really into kissing scenes and bed scenes (LOL at that and me being a PAC member. Hahaha!!!). Kissing scenes I can take when it's the right moment but not too much (one reason why I cannot watch American shows).

You're right. Hao Meng could reveal the truth but not Hao Sheng Nan. But don't you think Lin Shu Long might reveal it as well? Are we going to see him again or not?

I've read the translation for the character profile of Jiang Qian Yao. I wonder what Hao Sheng Nan did for him to be expelled in university. I think we'll only see their university days when he's re-introduced in the show. It should be soon since we're almost halfway there. Episode 5 this coming Sunday.

It's hard for me to watch this show and scream all I want. I usually watch it at night and I can't even make a noise. LOL.

The hotspring was funny but hot at the same time.

This show really makes me go crazy.

Guest Athena416

@xiashenghan

This show makes me go crazy too.hahahaha

Lin Shu Long might reveal it as well. The odds are high that they may meet or pass by each other that the relationship will be revealed afterwards.

I think the new character that will show up will either be on Episode 5 or 6 to spicen things up between the three. Just how crazier can it get? All the lies and pretentions are becoming more and more complicated with their love story starting to develop and not to mention the competition for the office position between the females.

@Athena416

I watched Yoga Lin's Linger On MV again (gosh! It's becoming a habit of mine now). I still can't get over it. I really want to see those angst scenes. Hahaha!!!

I watched the preview as well. We will get a kiss scene. Gosh! They're really getting attracted to each other.

Just like what Hao Meng told his friend. They're clearly fighting with each other but he was dragged in between them. It really is a crazy fight. Especially with Cai Huan Zheng and Hao Sheng Nan who are both competitive. I think it will grow more once Jian Qian Yao appears again in their life.

Guest Athena416

@xiashenghan

Me too. I'm actually looking for the English translation of the lyrics of the song but I haven't found the whole translation yet. Just a few lines as shown in the drama. haha

I'm excited to see the mother of Huan Huan's reaction once she finds out about them together. She has this weird way of making couples fall-apart or get together. I wonder how she'll make the two end up loving each other.hahaha. 

Hahaha! @xiashenghan it's time for me to delurk now I'm bursting out in laughter at the interview translations you've posted... OMG! many things there reminds me of myself .. the blowing the pearls at bypassers  OMG!! I admit Im one of those whom does that hahaha! But shhh here's a tip .. do it in the car and you can get away with it easier hahaha!  crazy-monkey-emoticon-154.gif?1292792419 and dont get me started with the car kekeke.. my poor car and partner hahaha! 

And just only watching the MV alone and now Im seriously into this drama and Im so going to curse you Xia for getting me into it too the AGONY of only ONE flamin ep per week Im already cursing. Xia can you feel me behind your back?? hahaha! love ya hun just kidding... I'll be back believe me. kekeke! 

Oppsie I forgot my manners!! GREETINGS EVERYONE!!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif?1292792391 my first post I hope I can contribute somehow :blink: just give me time to catch up kekeke!!! PAC might come here too XIA!! are you ready??? crazy-monkey-emoticon-060.gif?1292792394

tumblr_ny8t4pnaIR1r3gchto1_1280.jpgcr fyroychiu on tumblr

This was only in ep 4 hahaha! 

Wow, thanks for sharing all the goodies! Haha, I see that we are all stalking the Official Facebook Page now, but it's all good because I do it too haha lol! I always take a quick peek every morning before work just to make sure I'm up to date with what's going on haha! I love how they share high-quality pictures of scenes from the drama and funny videos of the cast as well.

@xiashenghan & @Athena416:

Haha, I have the same problem except I have to refrain from screaming and laughing too loudly when I'm watching the show since I also watch it at night and I don't want my family to think I'm crazy lol. But yes, this show is really something! I haven't been this crazy over a drama for a long time lol!

As for HZ finding out about HM and SN's real relationship as siblings, I don't think it will happen in the next episode yet...but I could be wrong. From the previews for the next episode, HZ and SN will be fighting for Justin's love. They're going to make a bet that whoever is able to win Justin's love in a month will get promoted to the higher position in the company and the loser will have to leave the company as well as the whole tourism industry in general. 

Hmmm...I believe it was HZ who got Harry Chang's character (i.e. Jiang Qian Yao) kicked out of school from what I managed to make out in the Chinese character profile and that's what's triggering Harry to try to seek revenge on HZ for that. From the fan meeting that happened last Sunday, Joanne (the actress that plays SN) said that Harry's character will definitely appear a lot in episode 6 so maybe we'll get the story behind what had happened then. I can't wait until the misunderstanding between HZ and SN is revealed. I think that scene will be emotional and will hopefully help the girls mend their friendship :)

@funnyhunny07:

Haha, that is my wish too! I would love it if I had more hours in a day to re-watch Office Girls! I have already watched it a second time back in March when I had first heard about this drama, but I think I will definitely watch it again when I get a chance to! The second watch was just as enjoyable as the first and I find that I noticed a lot more of the details that I had overlooked the first time watching it. 

@xiashenghan

Very well said! I think the reason HZ didn't turn out to be the type of character I hate was because of exactly what you said. I also like that the drama shows her vulnerable side as well because, afterall, who doesn't have his or her own flaws? I agree, the hotspring scene was so cute and funny! She was totally scared to death, but because she didn't want to show it or admit defeat so she just gave it her all lol! 

I'm also not really into bed scenes and a lot of kissing as well. Like you said, I'm okay with kissing and bed scenes when it's fitting, but I personally would also like to see a deeper level of connection between our OTP as well. Like a kind of mental or spiritual connection (for a lack of better way to describe it lol) with each other that shows viewers that they truly love and care for each other - whether presented through small gestures or actions or just simply by staying together and working together to resolve problems. Office Girls was like that. You can really feel that the leads loved each other deeply even though there isn't much skinship between them. So maybe you'll enjoy the show as well :)

@Athena416:
I am excited for the angst as well! From the Korean video, HZ looks really upset! I wonder what had happened!

@Gwinna:
There are BTS to Marry Me, Or Not, but I noticed that they're not shown in the subbed versions. In the raw versions, they have at least 10 min of BTS after each episode. The BTS are quite hilarious at times (like in Episode 4) so you should check it out if you're interested. Hopefully there are subbed versions out there. I am actually not sure where at the moment, but if anyone is interested in knowing what's happening in a certain BTS, I can attempt to explain it. I don't know if I'll do a great job at translating it word for word, but I might be able to give you a general explanation or idea of what's going on since I understand mandarin enough to know what they're usually saying. However, reading it is another story lol! Chinese is a hard language to learn >.<"!

@Athena416

It's hard for Taiwanese dramas since there are few people who knows the language.

I wonder too. Isn't it after the wedding in episode 3 she was looking through the photographs during the wedding and she was looking for Hao Meng's photo and said that he got a problem for sure. I'm not sure what certificate she was talking about when she was asked by Huan Huan's dad.

@Kasmic

Welcome to the thread eonnie! To celebrate it. I will share to you another gem. This was shown in episode 3.

12232864_1496143104014727_33666276496415

I know should be blamed for you getting hooked in this one, but it was of your own free-will eonnie! Hahaha!!! But don't worry eonnie, I guarantee that you will like this one. The chemistry of the leads are too hot to handle and well plus their comedic side. Let's see, if Ji Seong Joon is serious Hao Meng is serious but most of the time he's funny (well for me, I can't help but laugh at him).

I'm sorry for getting you here. I know it's hard to wait for one episode per week but let's share the pain eonnie. Hehehe... And we are getting updates on the casts almost everyday (well mostly Roy Chiu) to compensate for the 6 days we have to wait for another episode.

Don't curse me oennie. You will be compensated with sexy photos of Roy Chiu. Haha! Like what he said. Watch the drama to find out if he has abs. Hahaha!!!!

Blowing of pearls are the favorite pastime of the kids back in the day. But doesn't it get removed easily? So I wonder what Roy Chiu does to make so sticky to the point you have to cut your hair. He's so mean.

Well for the car... I'm really careful with cars. I love cars. Hahaha!!!

More PAC in this thread? Hahaha!!! This would be a hot topic if that happens. From Korean dramas to Taiwanese dramas we're here. But are you guys finish with you Japanese drama? Hahaha!!!

Let's all be careful here and not get in trouble. But with all these hot scenes with our leads, it would be very hard.

@S.C. @xiashenghan

Where are you guys finding the BTS? On streaming sites? On the official facebook page?

My prediction about Harry's character is that he's the representative of Times Group/Shi Dai Group whom Huanzhen and Shengnan are competing to get a deal with. I've also been curious as to how HZ got him expelled, but I guess we'll see flashbacks about that later. While I'm sharing predictions, I think down the line, once Harry's character gets together with SN, he'll be the one to tell her that HZ never seduced him in college - because I don't think SN would believe it if HZ told her herself, and I don't think HZ would ever explain herself anyway. I've also been thinking that maybe after the two girls reconcile, SN will tell her mother that she was the one who ruined HZ's wedding, which might hopefully make her mom more accepting of Justin & HZ's relationship.

Regarding skinship, I noticed from watching the previews and MVs that there's a LOT of it in this drama. I count at least five kissing scenes apart from the forced kiss outside the wedding venue which we already saw. Someone mentioned that the people behind the drama worked on the script for several years to make sure it was good quality - I guess they figured out that fangirls like kissing and intimate scenes! I mean, the whole setup of this drama really caters to the fangirl mindset, because at this point Justin and HZ are both pretending to be in love without actually being in love and constantly calling each other's bluffs and raising the stakes with regard to displaying affection. It's a genius setup that naturally lends itself to lots of skinship. Whoever wrote this really knows their audience.

That being said, I agree with you guys that too much sex can detract from the romance when it is used as a substitute for showing the deeper connection between the OTP. I don't think there's much danger of that in this or any other Asian show however. XD

Guest Athena416

@xiashenghan 

The ending song is always on repeat in my playlist.hahaha. I hope they also release another one MV. Don't Taiwanese dramas have many OST's like Koreans have?.Or do they only have just the opening and ending song and that's it?

@S.C.

I live with my brother here in his apartment but he's mostly at work so I'm left here alone during these times after I go home from school.

I just started watching Office Girls and they are different there than here in Marry Me or Not?. They are cuter there although their characters are both already in the workplace in the two dramas. This one is more mature than Office Girls and I love the contrast.

@Kasmic

Hi there! Welcome! :)

I remember you as the one who started the relationship bet in Mask thread back then.hahaha

I hope you'll visit us here often and feel free to share with us your opinions about this great drama.

Awww thanks @xiashenghan and @Athena416 for making me feel welcome here on this thread..crazy-monkey-emoticon-007.gif?1292792379

Athena- oh you were indeed on the Mask thread too haha! Yes I was crazy enough to manage the betting game and I started another one for SWP which I again sadly lost (*sigh*) haha! let's see what this drama can lead me too. I've so far only watched ep 1 and Im slowly getting there. Good thing it's the weekend so I can catch up more quickly but I doubt I can do so by the next ep.. it's alright thou I want to take it slow since this is only 1 ep per week.... YAH!!! T-drama this is not cool. crazy-monkey-emoticon-025.gif?1292792385

So far I'm loving HZ crazy fortuneteller mother oh geez e5b17d08-a610-409b-bc52-1d315cc8def7.jpg she cracks me up...Oh gosh the girls friendship was so strong and I question why they easily distrust each other so quickly.. ah thats what happens if you put boys 1st over your friends... (*sigh*) 

An Injury, a Car Race, and Some Water Protecting Bring the Marry Me or Not OTP Closer Together

Posted on November 26, 2015 by ockoala

baoce2.jpg

I get super excited during the week lead up to every new Sunday episode of Marry Me or Not. This is one drama that has managed to be the best aspects of Taiwan dramas do the best – silly slap stick blended with nuanced emotional development. Office Girls remains one of my fondest Taiwan drama watches but it was admittedly too cutesy at times as the level of character narrative was intentionally kept at a PG level. Marry Me has the leads acting like kids at time, but it’s buttressed by their mental sophistication at knowing what is going on but still going along with it. That’s brilliantly done, and works even more with the incredible acting by leads Roy Qiu and Alice Ke. I also haveJoanne Tseng‘s performance and character but her arc will only get fleshed out once second male lead Harry Chang finally joins the party. I’m not sure if he’ll show up in this Sunday’s episode 5 but for the OTP there will be a classic K-drama water splashing, condo visit, an injury, and car race leading to another brush with the law.

baoce.jpg

See more: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/26/an-injury-a-car-race-and-some-water-protecting-bring-the-marry-me-or-not-otp-closer-together/

Welcome aboard @Kasmic :D! Awwws, yeah we totally understand the pain of waiting a whole week for just one episode, but don't worry we can all help each other survive until the drama ends haha!

@Gwinna:

The BTS is usually found at the end of each episode. I usually watch it off of the online streaming site that I go to for all my Taiwanese shows. However, the BTS and the episode itself isn't subbed on that particular site. They're all raw videos of the drama. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can find subbed versions of the BTS yet :(

It's true, the writers did put in a lot of kissing scenes in the drama lol. I remember Alice mentioned it herself in an interview that there was a lot of kissing scenes between her and Roy in this drama. They've kissed so many times that she got so used to Roy's kiss lol. So far, I think the scenes are alright in the drama. From what I see so far from all the previews and MVs, most of the scenes are really sweet (or funny) and they fit with the feel of the drama, story and their roles so I don't have much of a problem. I think as long as the scenes seems reasonable and the drama doesn't fail to show me that they do genuinely love and care for each other then I am sold :)! I can't wait for some of sweet scenes shown in the MVs!

@Athena416:

I agree both dramas are quite different. Office Girls is focused on young women who have just entered the workforce and are in the midst of figuring out their career path and save up for their dream life while Marry Me or Not is more focused on mature working women who have already reached a certain position in their career and are now trying to find a person to marry. Although both dramas are different, but when analyzed together it kind of reflects the trajectory of a woman's life, where she starts off as a young "girl" knowing not a lot about love and work politics, and eventually matures into a "woman" who's a lot more wise and experienced in both areas.

Guest Athena416

I felt so full after the Thanksgiving dinner that I had no energy to do anything today. Anyway, I'm excited for the next Episode to come. I hope we'll get to see the second male lead this coming episode to spicen things more. Maybe we'll get more flashbacks this time around and I hope there's a deeper reason why the relationship of the two girls got ruined and became like that in the present time although I think it's mostly misinterpretation and lack of communication that they didn't have the chance to mend their broken friendship.

Just re-watched episode 4 and i had to show my sister the hot springs scene :w00t:. Shes a hardcore kdrama fan and has only watched tdramas that i recommend to her...after much nagging. Since the drama started i've been recapping all the funny scenes in the drama..yes some spoilers to her and she's interested. But after the hot springs scene she was officially hooked  B)..but she wants to wait until its completed before she watches so no week to week torturer fro her. She watched nearly the entire ep before she walked out the room saying"i better leave before i get reeled in anymore" :D

Agreed @Kasmic bros before hoes...plus Shang Nan has a temper and usually doesnt give people a chance to explain...but Huan Huan is vengeful..eye for an eye... more like an eye for your head.

Sharing Facebook updates. If anyone can help with the translations. Please do so. Thanks.

12309576_1498646333764404_61645739857662

忙碌的一週即將過完~快快準備投入 ‪#‎必娶女人‬的懷抱吧!(大心)
‪#‎OMG萌萌環環你們漏電囉‬(已瞎)

12291884_1498647463764291_28582939554913

已讀不回,到底是答應還是不答應呢?
‪#‎少年萌萌的煩惱‬
‪#‎環環快出來面對‬

12304283_1498770583751979_53164718413417

#‎必娶女人‬ 提醒您,飲酒請勿過量!(誤)
‪#‎任人擺佈的萌萌看起來好可愛

12309900_1498771183751919_45380948407556

#‎勝男老大‬ 你的 ‪#‎萌萌‬ 哥哥已入桃花坑,我想你就自求多福吧!(拍拍)
‪#‎月娥老師賜你桃花良緣‬

12265940_1498772507085120_87596215631162

Episode 5 Synopsis (#‎5故事大綱‬)
最怕兩個人一起做的夢,最後只剩我一個人醒來...

12314410_1498775913751446_80669754538521

‪‪  ‪#‎5經典語錄‬
我很喜歡讓我的對手知道,我的下一步要怎麼走,他們越是堤防越容易走進圈套之中。
‪#‎所以是誰入誰的圈套啊‬ 

MARRY ME OR NOT? CREW CALLS ROY CHIU “TAIWAN’S SCHUMACHER”

tumblr_inline_nyhgkwVJKO1qew8ye_500.jpg

In the upcoming episode of MARRY ME OR NOT? (必娶女人), Hao Meng (Roy Chiu) is injured when he protects Cai Huan Zhen (Alice Ke) from a falling flowerpot. Huan Zhen, a notoriously aggressive driver, then rushes him to the hospital. Although the close-up scenes show Alice at at the wheel, it was actually Roy who filmed the crazy driving stunts, causing the drama’s crew to call him “Taiwan’s Michael Schumacher.”

tumblr_inline_nyhgr4K2ou1qew8ye_500.jpg

The MARRY ME OR NOT? crew requested for streets to be closed off in order to film the driving scenes, but they still proved extremely difficult to pull off. Roy Chiu, a known racing aficionado, enthusiastically provided suggestions, after which director Yu Zhong Zhong told him to give it a shot. Everyone praised Roy’s driving abilities, and he was so precise at parking that the car ended up being just a smidgen away from the camera.

tumblr_inline_nyhgwbklYK1qew8ye_500.jpg

Another difficult scene is when Hao Sheng Nan (Joanne Tseng) finds out that her older brother, Hao Meng, is dating her rival, Cai Huan Zhen, and angrily throws water at them. They had to redo the scene so many times that the director even threateningly said, “If we have to film this one more time, we’re going to throw Hao Sheng Nan to the first floor.”

Source: F Yeah! Roy Chiu

I definitely want to see the BTS for this driving scene!

@Gwinna

You're right. They're definitely going to meet Jiang Qian Yao because of Times Group since he's a deputy general manager in that company. And since they're fighting for a contract with that company, they will definitely meet him soon.

But if the Times Group took the Korean tour then why all the news are all about the main leads going to Korea?

New Facebook update on the episode tonight.

Looks like Hao Meng will meet Cai Huan Zhen's parents.

12314276_1499112760384428_31979302729169

這是一個登門拜見家長的概念嗎?
‪#‎蔡桃花真是太強大了‬
‪#‎但萌萌環環為何如此驚訝‬

12244755_1499113880384316_76397364533063

#‎5最怕兩個人一起做的夢最後只剩我一個人醒來‬
不怕不怕~櫃檯小姐會叫醒你!(被毆)
#‎所以是誰先醒來呢‬

12304149_1499114793717558_34299987098234

What happened? What made boss Sheng Nan looked so scared? (又發生什麼事了? ‪#‎勝男老大‬ 怎麼一臉驚恐?)
‪Get together to protect boss Sheng Nan (#‎一起保護勝男老大)

11225290_1499117027050668_14463566700663

這段複雜的三角(?)關係~會演變成什麼樣呢?

12291087_1499114383717599_11463367468479

#‎萌萌‬ ‪#‎環環‬ 手拉手也太甜蜜了!(已融化)

‪#‎但環環為何臉臭臭‬
‪#‎收看時請自備墨鏡‬

If someone could give an accurate translations, please do so. I'm only relying on my best buddy, Google translate.

Archived