[Taiwanese Drama, 2015] 必娶女人 Marry me, or not?

Admin

@Athena416

I almost choked trying not to laugh out loud during that scene as it was really late. That was hilarious. I would love a scene like that again. Even though Hao Meng looks crazy doing that.

We're the same. This is the first time I'm lurking too much in Taiwanese section instead of checking the Korean section.

1 more hour...

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Athena416 & @xiashenghan

Welcome aboard Athena416! Yay, more people to share our thoughts with :D!

Yup, the drama did finish filming already so the 15 episodes should be set in stone...unless, they can manage to add an episode or so from whatever they had cut out or left out during the post-production stage of the drama.  But yeah, I don't think an extension would happen since this drama isn't a film-as-you-go type of drama. I remember from the press conference that the whole goal of the production team behind this drama was to bring a high-quality drama for viewers so a lot of time and money was put on crafting the drama, choosing the right cast, etc. I think I remember hearing that it took a few years for the script to come together before they started filming the drama back in March to ensure that the script was complete and perfect. So hopefully Marry Me, or Not does not disappoint! I definitely love it so far so I really hope it stays this way for the rest of the journey :D!!!

Haha, yeah you should definitely give Office Girls a try! Alice's character is the complete opposite of her character here, but the drama itself is just as funny and our OTP is just as cute!

@thunderman1:

I agree, watching this drama really brings back memories of Office Girls. There are quite a number of scenes that really brings back memories like the scene in Episode 1 where she was competing with the other women to buy the purse she wants, which reminds me of the opening MV of Office Girls where everyone was running to get their time-stamp for work. The church that HZ's wedding took place was the same church in Office Girls, which totally caught me by surprise haha. There's definitely some more similarities, but I shall stop before this post gets any longer haha!

Guest Athena416

@S.C.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

So the whole team really did work hard and paid great attention to every detail for this drama to be possible and so far, it's been so good. I hope for this to become a great success once it finally wraps up airing.

I may start watching Office Girls this week during my vacant time so that I can also see those similarities! And I'm sure there will be more in the future :)

@thunderman1 @xiashenghan 

hahaha.Omo! I haven't watched the latest Episode yet. Is out already? I'm so excited.hahahaha. It looks like each time an episode comes out, it's even better than the last one shown.

@S.C.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

So the whole team really did work hard and paid great attention to every detail for this drama to be possible and so far, it's been so good. I hope for this to become a great success once it finally wraps up airing.

I may start watching Office Girls this week during my vacant time so that I can also see those similarities! And I'm sure there will be more in the future :)

@thunderman1 @xiashenghan 

hahaha.Omo! I haven't watched the latest Episode yet. Is out already? I'm so excited.hahahaha. It looks like each time an episode comes out, it's even better than the last one shown.

Yeah it was good!! Another cliffhanger! You can watch on maplestage if you understand Taiwanese!

@thunderman1, @S.C., @Athena416

Yes. Another cliffhanger but looks exciting. Our OTP was funny in the episode last night. Though there are moments when I feel like there's something missing.

Some scenes in the MVs were shown in the episode as well. I hope the subs comes out today.

Am I understanding what Hao Meng was trying to do? Was he trying to make Cai Huan Zhen to confess what rally happened that night? Or was he trying to make revenge for that night? LOL at his secretary and friend making fun of him.

And Hao Meng and Cai Huan Zhen's reaction at the bath scene! Hahaha!!! Cai Huan Zhen making Hao Meng to have a mental breakdown.

This drama does not fail on making me laugh. 

I had to go through Google just to find a raw copy. Since viki and Dramafever is not exactly nice to me. :(

I read somewhere that they filmed in Busan? So I guess they really have a high budget for this one. So does that means that the scene in the ending credits were filmed in Busan? Those buildings are familiar.

This sure is the first Taiwanese drama that I watcher raw! You can say I was that desperate and in love with it. Hehehe... 

I was reading a recap of Office Girls and so far I'm liking it. Roy Qiu is such a pretty bot there. They look so young! LOL. But I'm yet to find a place to watch since it looks like Taiwanese dramas in viki and Dramafever are not available in my country. They're not specially nice to me. :(

Guest Athena416

@xiashenghan 

Did you mean this picture? 

11334127_1448645038764534_46598091528561

(credits to @S.C.. from page 2)

It's the Gamcheon Cultural Village! All around it are different artistic decorations. It has a spectacular view and it's a great place for an ending scene. :)

My family went there for my sister's birthday almost 3 yrs ago and it's a beautiful place. It's also called Santorini of Korea.

Here:

cyrils-birthday-in-busan4_zpsmnjidabi.jp

cyrils-birthday-in-busan16_zpskxxgdowu.j

I was reading a recap of Office Girls and so far I'm liking it. Roy Qiu is such a pretty bot there. They look so young! LOL. But I'm yet to find a place to watch since it looks like Taiwanese dramas in viki and Dramafever are not available in my country. They're not specially nice to me. :(

Heya, have you ever heard about zenmate yet? You basically can unlock your region and watch it free - though the speed might be a little bit slower than usual. 

https://zenmate.com/ 

Hmm not sure if I actually could post about that though, so admin, feel free to delete it if it's not okay to be posted.

By the way, when I was segmenting ep 4 this morning, I've got the first part of the episode. I thought I opened a wrong video, thanks to the opening! LOL. Flinstones and the likes :D 

This drama always makes me laugh!

@Athena416

Yes that one. And there's another one. But maybe that was taken in Taiwan.

The place looks nice. Might as well visit that place when I go to Korea.

I wonder when they will show the Busan scenes.

@tasyamay

Thanks for the link. I just checked the site and it's blocked here. Anyways, I'll find a way to find the videos.

That Flinstone opening was so random. Hahaha!!! I had to check as well if I can see someone familiar. Then I saw Roy Qiu. Only then I got assured that it was not the wrong video.

The raw for episode 4 is still not available where I watch. I wonder how long does it take for them to upload and for the subs to come out. Seems like subs for Taiwanese dramas are not as fast as Korean dramas. :(

Reading recaps of 

Office Girls makes me want to watch it so badly. Roy Qiu's character is sooooooooo sweet. He's making me fall for him.

@tasyamay

Thanks for the link. I just checked the site and it's blocked here. Anyways, I'll find a way to find the videos.

That Flinstone opening was so random. Hahaha!!! I had to check as well if I can see someone familiar. Then I saw Roy Qiu. Only then I got assured that it was not the wrong video.

The raw for episode 4 is still not available where I watch. I wonder how long does it take for them to upload and for the subs to come out. Seems like subs for Taiwanese dramas are not as fast as Korean dramas. :(

Hidden Content

My team is still working on it. There are only a handful active chi-eng subbers on viki (don't know about dramafever though...), unlike the korean-english subbers. But my team is great and fast, although there are only a few of them. It's 83% eng subbed at this stage, so hopefully it will be ready to be edited by tomorrow (it's evening already here in New Zealand).

This drama does not fail on making me laugh. 

I had to go through Google just to find a raw copy. Since viki and Dramafever is not exactly nice to me. :(

I read somewhere that they filmed in Busan? So I guess they really have a high budget for this one. So does that means that the scene in the ending credits were filmed in Busan? Those buildings are familiar.

This sure is the first Taiwanese drama that I watcher raw! You can say I was that desperate and in love with it. Hehehe... 

You can try dramacool or myasiantv. The sub versions are released most of times on the next day after live airing.

@tasyamay

Thank you and to your team for your hardwork!^^ I really appreciate it. Good thing there are people like you who subs the show for those people like us who doesn't understand the Chinese language.

I guess I have to wait for a few more days before it'll be available on the site I was watching. Even the raw is not available yet. :(

Waaaah!!! The recap of 

Office Girls stopped at episode 23. I think the author got tired of it. :(

@j4bibi

I've been religiously checking myasiantv for an update. No signs of episode 4.

hehe I just finished watching ep 4 haha yes the opening was super random ~ I also thought I was watching the wrong drama at first

anyways glad they finally got the story moving the two of them are finally falling in love with each other woot woot you can read my full comments at my wordpress here but be warned of spoilers~! 

Edit: Erm if you guys are having trouble finding the raw, I always watch mine at sugoideas It's the ultimate site to go for taiwanese entertainment. The ep will usually be uploaded two hours after the live broadcast has ended. but it wont be a HD version tho. However, you can always check back the next day for a clearer version. 

@tasyamay

Thank you and to your team for your hardwork!^^ I really appreciate it. Good thing there are people like you who subs the show for those people like us who doesn't understand the Chinese language.

I guess I have to wait for a few more days before it'll be available on the site I was watching. Even the raw is not available yet. :(

Hidden Content

@j4bibi

I've been religiously checking myasiantv for an update. No signs of episode 4.

Sadlly, myasiantv takes a longgggg time to upload subbed chinese dramas and I think they take their subs from viki and dramafever ><  

@Nixesty

I know. But with Korean shows they upload raws really fast.

Sugoideas is the site where I watched the raw last night. Good thing I was able to find that site.

@Darrkn3ss

That would be great idea as well.

I just noticed after reading the recaps for Office Girls that Roy Qiu used the name Justin as his English name as well.

MARRY ME OR NOT? DIRECTOR CALLS ROY CHIU "DIFFICULT"

MARRY ME OR NOT? (必娶女人) has been enjoying good ratings for its run so far, but director Yu Zhongzhong recently revealed that leading actor Roy Chiu is the most difficult actor he’s ever had to work with.

Is it because Roy’s a diva? Not exactly. Director Yu said that the most difficult thing about Roy is that he’s thought a lot about the character he is portraying, so he has a lot of opinions. As a result, when filming, Roy will design his role according to his way of thinking.

Despite clashes on the set, director Yu said he was very satisfied with the outcome, so having to deal with difficult Roy was actually quite worth it.

tumblr_inline_ny6dwp84811qew8ye_1280.jpg

Source: F Yeah! Roy Chiu

tumblr_ny85laxkiC1r3gchto1_1280.jpg

第四集首播。希望你們會喜歡。
不能再愛你們更多了~

#可惡張懷秋不來真沒義氣
#張懷秋你真的有看過我們的戲嗎 ?

The fourth episode premiere. I hope you'll like it.
Can't love you more ~

#That darned Harry Chang didn’t come, so disloyal
#Harry Chang, have you ever actually watched our drama?

Source: Roy Chiu Facebook Page & F Yeah! Roy Chiu

I haven’t watch the Office Girl because the story line is typical the same plot.

I decided to watch Marry Me, Or Not because of the review from Ms. Koalas at Koalasplayground. I am very impress at the story line and the pace the story is heading and hope that the drama won’t get draggy in the middle. Just got done watching ep 4 and I WISH I haven’t started on it because I am getting super excited for the next eps and it kills me being in zombie mood until ep 5….  can’t wait for next week…  guess it was kinda of a bad idea but it’s also very tempting to watch.

Their chemistry is awesome and looking forward to them falling in love. 

Thanks so much for starting this thread because i get to view spoilers... heheheee...

P.S. Roy is one hot beast *&^% cough #$%^ cough &^%# shirtless.... 

Archived