[Taiwanese Drama, 2015] 必娶女人 Marry me, or not?

Admin

Finally finished watching episode 2 and I love it!

Haha! They sure love Korean dramas in this one. (Did they film in Korea? Some scenes in the ending credits looks like in Korea.)

Hao Meng is really funny. I love how comical he is. Actually I love how they portrayed each character. They have serious side but comical side as well. Very light hearted drama with full of laughs.

Looks like in the preview, something happened between our leads? Finally something to connect them? I can't wait. Looking forward for more episodes.

So far so good.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm new on this thread. :)
I just finished watching the 2nd episode, and I am liking the drama so far. It's a bit slow at times, but I kind of enjoy getting to know the quirks and history of our characters. There seems to be more layers to them than what one sees on first sight.

@Nixesty Like you I feel that the writers/PD have wanted the drama to look more Korean visually. They have more extravagant clothes on than what is usual for Taiwanese dramas. I would disagree a bit about the make-up, though, as I do feel the Taiwanese drama characters usually wear heavier make-up than the Korean counterparts. The make-up style does vary from drama to drama, though. I laughed at your lettuce comment. I was thinking also that Sheng Nan does look a little bit like it in that bridesmaids dress... lol :D

The preview for ep 3 looks so interesting, can't wait!

More T-dramas are slow in general.. they do this because the plot needs to be built up and also audience needs to get to know the characters before proceeding. 

ep 3 is soo good... I hope they don't mess it up!

Episode 3 is available already?

How long does it take for the English subs to be released? Since normally for Korean drama it takes a day.

I'm so curious as to what will happen to the two of them. Since in the preview, it looks like something happened between the two main lead.

How long does it take for the English subs to be released? Since normally for Korean drama it takes a day.

I'm so curious as to what will happen to the two of them. Since in the preview, it looks like something happened between the two main lead.

Ep 3 is currently 98% english subbed here: http://www.viki.com/videos/1083745v

Mainly it's the new song that we still need to translate, but all conversations are subbed into english already. We aim to complete the english translation in 1 day - 2 days at the most! - after viki upload it. :) Then it will be released to other language subber team (we have quite a number of other language subs too for this drama).

I hope you enjoy the drama (and the subs!) ;)

Ep 3 is currently 98% english subbed here: http://www.viki.com/videos/1083745v

Mainly it's the new song that we still need to translate, but all conversations are subbed into english already. We aim to complete the english translation in 1 day - 2 days at the most! - after viki upload it. :) Then it will be released to other language subber team (we have quite a number of other language subs too for this drama).

I hope you enjoy the drama (and the subs!) ;)

Thank you so much for all your hardwork!^^

We appreciate you guys subbing the show really fast.

I saw almost half of the episode last night and I can't stop laughing at them especially Hao Meng. Hahaha!!! He really cracks me up.

And does that mean, his first love is Cai Huan Zhen?!

I guess she didn't noticed that Hao Sheng Nan and Hao Meng have the same surname yet. Maybe she'll realize when she looked at his business card.

I'm so excited. Waiting for a week for a new episode is hard.

@S.C. Thanks for sharing the preview!

Huanzhen is wearing the same outfit as she is wearing at the end of episode 3. I wonder how she manages to get hired at Shengnan's company in just one day.

@xiashenghan I think that's the reason they have Justin's name written in the roman alphabet on his business card, so that Huanzhen won't realize he and Shengnan have the same last name (as opposed to one that is just pronounced the same).

And yeah, it looks like she is his first love. I'm not too enthused about that since the first love thing is kind of overdone and I feel that it's unnecessary here. But hopefully they won't dwell on it too much.

I just finished watching the 2nd episode, and I am liking the drama so far. It's a bit slow at times, but I kind of enjoy getting to know the quirks and history of our characters. There seems to be more layers to them than what one sees on first sight.

@Nixesty Like you I feel that the writers/PD have wanted the drama to look more Korean visually. They have more extravagant clothes on than what is usual for Taiwanese dramas. I would disagree a bit about the make-up, though, as I do feel the Taiwanese drama characters usually wear heavier make-up than the Korean counterparts. The make-up style does vary from drama to drama, though. I laughed at your lettuce comment. I was thinking also that Sheng Nan does look a little bit like it in that bridesmaids dress... lol :D

More T-dramas are slow in general.. they do this because the plot needs to be built up and also audience needs to get to know the characters before proceeding. 

I love T-dramas for that exact reason, a bit slower so we really get to know and fall in love with the characters, it makes the romance or the conflict that much better because it was anticipated. But at the same time the plot is building, they bring in new characters 6 episodes in that take the story in a direction we didnt expect (we haven't seen Harry's characters yet, flash backs don't count) so its not 10 new faces at once and the audience confused with who is who. Although this drama is only 14 or 15 episodes so it we cant build up too much. Not sure about the Korean visual part either, because just like K-dramas T-dramas are also evolving. Becoming more visual; color schemes, wardrobe and even the cinematography. The recent T-dramas ive watched (produced and released this year) have all been really colorful, amazing clothes and flawless makeup. 

Hidden Content

@xiashenghan I think that's the reason they have Justin's name written in the roman alphabet on his business card, so that Huanzhen won't realize he and Shengnan have the same last name (as opposed to one that is just pronounced the same).

And yeah, it looks like she is his first love. I'm not too enthused about that since the first love thing is kind of overdone and I feel that it's unnecessary here. But hopefully they won't dwell on it too much.

Oh yeah she is wearing the same outfit..girl works fast. Her wedding was a joke so i guess it full steam ahead for her. 

I'm enjoying the first love part just cause it seems Justin is so inexperienced with dating where as Alice's character is such a pro. it makes his first love bit for her that much more cute and funny, plus she has no idea who the heck he is..&& ironic because he is so against anything to do with long term love. 

I love T-dramas for that exact reason, a bit slower so we really get to know and fall in love with the characters, it makes the romance or the conflict that much better because it was anticipated. But at the same time the plot is building, they bring in new characters 6 episodes in that take the story in a direction we didnt expect (we haven't seen Harry's characters yet, flash backs don't count) so its not 10 new faces at once and the audience confused with who is who. Although this drama is only 14 or 15 episodes so it we cant build up too much. Not sure about the Korean visual part either, because just like K-dramas T-dramas are also evolving. Becoming more visual; color schemes, wardrobe and even the cinematography. The recent T-dramas ive watched (produced and released this year) have all been really colorful, amazing clothes and flawless makeup. 

T-drama threads are always slow and steady.. It's good in some ways but often times I wish they received more attention compared to K-dramas. J-dramas also died away... I can't watch J-dramas because i have a hard time listening to the tonal marks.  K-dramas began back in early 2000 if I recall?? J-dramas started out first in early 1985  followed by C-dramas etc.T-dramas must have been a late boomer. Someone correct me or insert a timeline of dramas please. :D

T-drama threads are always slow and steady.. It's good in some ways but often times I wish they received more attention compared to K-dramas. J-dramas also died away... I can't watch J-dramas because i have a hard time listening to the tonal marks.  K-dramas began back in early 2000 if I recall?? J-dramas started out first in early 1985  followed by C-dramas etc.T-dramas must have been a late boomer. Someone correct me or insert a timeline of dramas please. :D

@thunderman1 Asian dramas have always been around, it just the popularity of drama type changed. In the early 90's, hk-drama (tvb) and j-dorama were very popular. But once awhile a t-drama will gain attention like "Princess returning pearl" or "Meteor garden". By the early 2000s, k-drama came out with "Autumn story/ endless love" and the rest was history.

Hidden Content

Oh yeah she is wearing the same outfit..girl works fast. Her wedding was a joke so i guess it full steam ahead for her. 

I'm enjoying the first love part just cause it seems Justin is so inexperienced with dating where as Alice's character is such a pro. it makes his first love bit for her that much more cute and funny, plus she has no idea who the heck he is..&& ironic because he is so against anything to do with long term love. 

I'm also enjoying the first love idea. Though I still have to assess if he's doing those things because she's his first love (if he even remembers her).

They're really cute together.

Episode 3 was really enjoyable. The psychiatrist part was really funny. I had to stop watching because I cannot stop laughing. I love how everything they knew during that scene was the complete opposite of what happened.

But when they showed the truth, they guy is really sweet. She's lucky that he's the guy she met. He's so freaking sweet to her. They're so cute when they were cuddling together. I love it.

Ok. Back to rewatching the available episode until Sunday.

Thank you so much for all your hardwork!^^

We appreciate you guys subbing the show really fast.

I saw almost half of the episode last night and I can't stop laughing at them especially Hao Meng. Hahaha!!! He really cracks me up.

And does that mean, his first love is Cai Huan Zhen?!

I guess she didn't noticed that Hao Sheng Nan and Hao Meng have the same surname yet. Maybe she'll realize when she looked at his business card.

I'm so excited. Waiting for a week for a new episode is hard.

You're most welcome! I'll pass it on to the team too:) 

Just finished ep 3 ~ It's getting harder and harder for me to root for CHZ At the beginning of the ep when she said all that thing about what love is to her and stuff , in my head I was going, "okay all those sound like excuses to me but okay we shall see. " Because I guess what bugged me was the face that she lied to her husband (saying she only has 2 ex when she probably has like 20, haha actually she didnt really say she had 2 it's the guy who assumed it was 2 but anywaysss it still her fault coz she didnt correct him) and also how inconsiderate she was towards her husband (the taking over of the apartment with all the girly stuff) I mean no matter what your beliefs in love is shouldnt the basis of being together is to not lie and to compromise. I dont know man if you cant even do that I dont think you really love the other person. Then later on in the ep she justified her lying by saying that she only lied coz she didnt want to complicate the relationship, she wanted to be perfect for her husband. This was a nice development, after hearing her reason, it made me want to support her coz I really thought that she really loved her fiance it's just that being the prideful women that she is she does not know HOW to love. Being the self-centered, prideful, domineering character that she of course would want to be the one making the decisions in the relationship and also her pride does not allow her to show any speck of imperfection. So, by this point, I am sympathising with her and was hoping she would learn the errors of her way in the eventual relationship with HM. AND THEN SHOW JUST SWERVED TO A WHOLE NEW DIRECTION. When they revealed her side of the "one night stand" , I just lost it, all my faith in this woman just gone GONE. So, it turns out she does not even love the guy like what??? she freaking got engaged and everything and she got over the guy after just one taxi ride like whattt woman. It's making me really hate her coz now I feel that whatever she said at the wedding was just to save her face and that she does not really love her fiance. She's just too proud to be able to love anyone. Both in the relationship and after the relationship, her thought of always putting herself first has prevented her from learning to love anyone.

(in the r/n -> overtaking the apartment to show her dominance and lying to hide her imperfections, after the r/n -> although the calling off of wedding meant two things, one, the end of her r/n two, the successful sabotaging by her friend, HZ chose to focus on the sabotaging because this is what made her lose face)

HAHA ok despite my hate for her I realised after writing so much that her character is consistent after all (at first I thought she wasnt >< ) CHZ is just annoyingly proud. HAHA now I waanna continue watching the drama to see if she will be able to get over her pride :)

haha another thing that annoyed me was the convo b/w HM and SN after the "one night stand" lol it was so unnatural. HM mentioned that he spent a night tgt with CHZ at a hotel and SN gave no reaction at all and went on talking abt the phone. I was expecting her to go like "WHAT?? You guys spent a night together?" but she didnt respond it was as though she didnt hear that sentence at all haha and the thing abt the phone she obv contacted HM before he entered the office so when he fibbed that his phone was out of battery, I dont get why she didnt point it out and was also surprised when the phone rang. haha I know this is minor but yea it bothered me or did I see smth wrongly >< 

I really like the editing/script tho haha maybe coz I have watched too much dramas but at some scenes you can obviously tell that things are not what they seem and get a hint that there will be a surprising twist later. I noticed two such scenes. One is when the fiance was asking HZ how many ex she had and she didnt say anything but just held up two fingers. The fiance assumed it was two and I was expecting her to reply with a shake of the head saying, "20" but she didnt. But I was not wrong either coz it did turns out she had more than two exes haha. The second one is the hypnosis scene. When HM was doing the double role thing where he was acting as both HZ and himself. There was no name mentioned and I just knew something was up I was expecting a name to come up at the end of that scene but it didnt. But in the end my guess was correct coz it was indeed a role reversal.  Kudos to the scriptwriter for such subtle mini twists hehe love it ! 

OH yea, forgot to mention the first love thing. I felt that it was so out of the blue and unnecessary and jarring and conflicting and not suitable. I could go on. Like this show is obviously not about first loves so why bother adding it in URGH angry. :angry: and if she is the first love why would HM still be treating her so indifferently. When he is the one who keeps harping about the "the first heatbeat" so I just hope it's coz he doesnt know that it's her yet if not his treatment towards her is not how he should be treating her since he has always been wanting to meet his "first love".

@Nixesty

From I understand, Hao Sheng Nan did ask if they were together the whole night.

When Hao Sheng Nan asked Hao Meng if they're not together then why did Cai hHuan Zhen answered his phone, he answered because he left it with her that's why he went back to her and get it. After that they went to their separate ways. Which she believed.

Then she asked why he was not answering his phone the whole night she's calling. Hr answered that it was out of battery. Which we all know that Cai Huan Zhen threw his phone in the ocean. So even if she is calling him, he won't know. That's why he told her that it was out of battery.

Remember the next day, Cai Huan Zhen bought him a new phone. Since they didn't mention if it was a new number or not, let's presume that it was a new number. Hao Sheng Nan called him all night but she didn't tell him she was calling that day. She said she was calling last night. He said he was out of battery but she found out that he was not. But she didn't know that his phone is a new one.

Ah I re-watched the episode again. His secretary told him when he got back that they cannot contact his phone. So that's why Hao Sheng Nan was surprised when his phone what not out of battery like he told her.

Hao Sheng Nan actually don't care if Hao Meng and Cai Huan Zhen were together that night. She's just worried that Cai Huan Zhen would do something to him to take revenge for what she did to her.

I'm really loving this drama.

I'm also enjoying the first love idea. Though I still have to assess if he's doing those things because she's his first love (if he even remembers her).

Episode 3 was really enjoyable. The psychiatrist part was really funny. I had to stop watching because I cannot stop laughing. I love how everything they knew during that scene was the complete opposite of what happened.

But when they showed the truth, they guy is really sweet. She's lucky that he's the guy she met. He's so freaking sweet to her. They're so cute when they were cuddling together. I love it.

I agree, I also really liked the first love idea although I see why it might seem kind of unfitting to the plot in a way. I think it's an important aspect especially to Justin, as it represents his deepest feelings about love which was perhaps lost overtime. He even said it himself in his monologue at the beginning of Episode 3 where he revealed that it's not that he doesn't believe in love, but he's just trying to remember again the first time he fell in love. I think this reveals a lot about Justin's state of mind, he's probably confused and not quite sure what love is anymore, and that's probably due to his career as a divorce lawyer and his family situation which have over time tainted his perception and understanding of love. Hence, I think if Vivienne was his first love then perhaps meeting her again will let him remember the feeling of falling in love that he had forgotten over time, which is why I liked how they incorporated that in there. However, I'm not sure if the focus of the plot should entirely be on them re-discovering that Vivienne was his first love because if that was the case then I think it might be a little unnecessary....but who knows, we'll see what's in store lol.

I also agree that Justin is really sweet towards Vivienne (drunk or not). The two scenes of him telling a crying Vivienne that he will always be there for her just totally melted my heart! Although it might look like Vivienne is scheming a revenge on Shen Nan, but I feel like Vivienne was also quite hurt by what had happened, so hopefully our OTP can help each other with their problems and learn to love in the process. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Episode 3. There were, of course, quite a number of hilarious parts that kept me laughing until my tummy hurts, but there were also a lot of touching dialogues and sweet scenes as well. I hope the drama will continue to be this enjoyable all the way through. I can't wait for the next episode! 

I agree, I also really liked the first love idea although I see why it might seem kind of unfitting to the plot in a way. I think it's an important aspect especially to Justin, as it represents his deepest feelings about love which was perhaps lost overtime. He even said it himself in his monologue at the beginning of Episode 3 where he revealed that it's not that he doesn't believe in love, but he's just trying to remember again the first time he fell in love. I think this reveals a lot about Justin's state of mind, he's probably confused and not quite sure what love is anymore, and that's probably due to his career as a divorce lawyer and his family situation which have over time tainted his perception and understanding of love. Hence, I think if Vivienne was his first love then perhaps meeting her again will let him remember the feeling of falling in love that he had forgotten over time, which is why I liked how they incorporated that in there. However, I'm not sure if the focus of the plot should entirely be on them re-discovering that Vivienne was his first love because if that was the case then I think it might be a little unnecessary....but who knows, we'll see what's in store lol.

I also agree that Justin is really sweet towards Vivienne (drunk or not). The two scenes of him telling a crying Vivienne that he will always be there for her just totally melted my heart! Although it might look like Vivienne is scheming a revenge on Shen Nan, but I feel like Vivienne was also quite hurt by what had happened, so hopefully our OTP can help each other with their problems and learn to love in the process. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Episode 3. There were, of course, quite a number of hilarious parts that kept me laughing until my tummy hurts, but there were also a lot of touching dialogues and sweet scenes as well. I hope the drama will continue to be this enjoyable all the way through. I can't wait for the next episode! 

I personally  don't feel like the plot is going in a direction of him rediscovering love because she was his first love. But mostly in a direction of reminding him that his heart his not frozen and that he actually never stopped loving her.  What I really want to see is Vivienne growth, I want her to realize that it's okay  be love and to love without pretense. I hope that she get to the point where she just realized that her vengeance is pointless and that she may as well  just let herself be loved.

Archived