[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

Guest ilchul

@wizengamot chingu you're awesomely talented it was worth your money :D

@missabeat chingu what are you doing to my heart? It's a GREAT video but you almost gave me a heart attack using the instrument ost of KMHM drama (which is my best drama ever) as background music :tears: you made me miss both dramas : KMHM and IRY :tears: 

@Premellusion thank you for shraing your dream with us chingu :D yes LJY would add more excitment to the dream :lol: but maybe he was the one behind the monster chansing them? after all he will always around Min and Hyun :lol: 

chincha komawo chinu-yah. i've been absent for a while but i'm already back!!! anyways, i just decided to make it a practice pad because the paper absorption really upsets me but i separated that IRY fanart and include it on my other paintings.

had anyone pre-order the dvd? 

great to have you back chingu :D I really enjoy your fanarts and hope you keep them coming :D

I'd love to but I can't for many different reasons :( 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramacf

I'm so LOL right now over the outrage of the fans of a popular drama that is forcing the love line...Where were these people when IRY was airing?!!!  IRY had such a precious organic development of a relationship without throwing in some random out of nowhere flashback scene to move the OTP along...and now they're also complaining of the inconsistency of the plot aside from very obvious plagiarism issue with a comic...Well, all I can say, they had a gem in IRY that they chose to ignore so bohoo to them....in the end IRY had the last laugh...

I miss my wonderful OTP! The  most substantial heartfelt OTP in kdramaland in all of the 10 years I've spent watching kdramas!  I maybe becoming a somewhat delusional fan thinking that there could possibly be more to my OTP IRL. Save me kdrama gods!!! Like, what's with all the cryptic JNR posts on twitter recently? The cat watching the other sleeping and her being so excited for Christmas...and here I am thinking that a few days after Christmas will be the year-end KBS awards (which I'm really hoping IRY would win awards and both SIG & JNR will be there)...This drama withdrawal is soooooo bad!!!

@wizengamot Yes, I pre-ordered the DVD. I love this drama so much, I just had to have some hard copy souvenir of it!

Guest ilchul

@kdramafan43v3r I know what you're talking about and I'm like you, I didn't get all the hype especially that there is nothing the drama had that wasn't or was better than other dramas I loved but didn't have a high rating (actually I find other dramas are waaaay much better for me), still happy for them but I just didn't see anything that special about it, I was reading recaps about it and I was left speechless about the love line that came in full force when it was still in the 1st baby steps an episode (2 episodes) ago :blink: and I can't even understand why they did it since building a great love relationship is much more interesting and compelling than just pushing it down our throats, I was wondering if I should start watching it but now I'll keep reading recaps and see if it will get me to watch it after ending or not but up till now I'm not all that much interested.

@isbes83 hi chingu, glad you loved the drama as we did :D we all hope for season 2 but I don't think that would be possible :( but who knows?!!!

I'm relatively new to this show and I indulged in a bit of a marathon yesterday which took me to Ep. 9. The show didn't impress me initially but I felt that I should give it a good go before deciding either way. My early problems with the show especially in Ep. 1, I think was that it was trying to be a show about psychopaths and murderers for 12 year olds. There were disparate elements, some more interesting than others, that just didnt mesh well, making the first couple of episodes uneven. Using JNR's character as the butt of comic relief probably didn't do much to help inspire much confidence in the rest of the show. Plus the father's attitude towards his oldest son annoyed me endlessly. However, I persevered because it's a genre that I love and because I saw some potential in the overarching storyline about the boy who may or may not be a monster. Once the show jettisoned the unnecessary slapstick, and stuck to the investigative aspects as well as the big story, it started to come into its own.

From the start it was a no brainer as to who's who in the big story. But what the writer's done in terms of developing the character dynamics and tension is quite fascinating and integrating them into individual cases. That is where I think the show truly excels. It annoys me that every second K drama has to incorporate a childhood connection but here I thought it was at least well considered and decently used to highlight the theme of the drama and create some genuine character tension.

Much as I love Seo In Guk (since Master's Sun) and his boyish charms, I really didn't think he was the right fit here. This is not to disparage his acting whatsoever but he's not convincing as the man who could be a psychopath. He's charming and arrogant but not dangerous. It could be the writing of the character as an adult too. I suppose the best example of what I'm thinking here is Park Hae Jin in Bad Guys of whom you could never be sure of his guilt or innocence until the end. The little boy who played the younger version certainly gave that vibe. This is a similar problem (although not to the same degree) I had with Joo Sang Wook's portrayal of Yeo Ji Hoon in TEN as "the monster who catches monsters". And I say that as someone who is a huge fan of the TEN franchise.

I must make special mention of the young actor who plays Lawyer Jeong --- what an amazing, nuanced, multifaceted performance. Charming, dangerous and tortured. He is very impressive and could go very far if he wants to.

@40somethingahjumma welcome to the thread :">

If you found Park Bo Gum--who plays lawyer Jeong-- amazing by episode 9, prepare to be awed by his performance in the later half of the show. I'm allegedly his fan after IRY, tbh. As for Seo In Guk, his character has never been intended to look psychopathic to the audience since we clearly see he's not unfeeling and dangerous like his father assumed. Lee Hyun appears haughty and distant at times, but didn't feel unreadable to me.

i guess i'm never deleting IRY on my phone. i keep watching it at night :) 

@missabeat uh... no i didn't say Min and Hyun's relationship is platonic. I actually said on my previous comment that you could actually compare Min to an obsess girl  (by the way he stalked and made his hyung the center of his whole life). it was onlysb1 who mentioned them as "subtle bromance" :) and i just agreed to her comment. I mean, although Min was like an obsess girl, PBG did it in a very manly way or at least in my opinion. Maybe because we all know that his obsession was not because of "romantic love" but because of his "hero worship love" to his hyung. I mean, Hyun basically took care of Min since childhood and the fact that Min was his only brother makes Min the sole recipient of Hyun's love and affection (since childhood) and that was even more intensified when Hyun despite being a child killed to protect Min.

i guess onlysb1 "subtle bromance" refers to their simple but nevertheless powerful gestures of affection. i mean, you won't see Min or Hyun hugging or backhugging each other. their skinships was legit brotherhood such as patting of head. :)

Oh, my bad. I only saw your previous post on the page and misinterpreted.

I absolutely agree with your assessment about the relationship between Hyun and Min. I do think both brothers got stuck in the past when they got crudely separately, therefore, Min has never managed to develop an identity that doesn't revolve solely around being Hyun's kid brother. Likewise, in spite of Min's crimes, Hyun always regard him as his vulnerable little brother. Although their dynamics following their initial reunion is moving and heart-warming, I didn't miss the dysfunctional co-dependent aspect of it. Eventually, we got to see that this intense love led Min to self-sacrificial decision and attempted murder again. (On the other hand, I assume Min's "death" is the only way the writers could get him off the radar and allows him an open ending.) So I'm glad that, in the end, both of the brothers seem to possess a more independent mentality as it shows that they're learning to let each other go.

On their bromance being "manly", I'd argue that although their affectionate gestures mostly include head patting, Hyun's tenderness towards Min is rather unseen for adult male siblings, who often play gruff with one another regardless of their closeness. Having said so, I don't consider how they treat each other as either 'girly' or 'romantic'. IMO, they were subconsciously presuming their childhood roles and dispositions as a coping and healing mechanism.

Lastly, the final part of my fanvids for Hyun - Min. Enjoy!

I'm relatively new to this show and I indulged in a bit of a marathon yesterday which took me to Ep. 9. The show didn't impress me initially but I felt that I should give it a good go before deciding either way. My early problems with the show especially in Ep. 1, I think was that it was trying to be a show about psychopaths and murderers for 12 year olds. There were disparate elements, some more interesting than others, that just didnt mesh well, making the first couple of episodes uneven. Using JNR's character as the butt of comic relief probably didn't do much to help inspire much confidence in the rest of the show. Plus the father's attitude towards his oldest son annoyed me endlessly. However, I persevered because it's a genre that I love and because I saw some potential in the overarching storyline about the boy who may or may not be a monster. Once the show jettisoned the unnecessary slapstick, and stuck to the investigative aspects as well as the big story, it started to come into its own.

From the start it was a no brainer as to who's who in the big story. But what the writer's done in terms of developing the character dynamics and tension is quite fascinating and integrating them into individual cases. That is where I think the show truly excels. It annoys me that every second K drama has to incorporate a childhood connection but here I thought it was at least well considered and decently used to highlight the theme of the drama and create some genuine character tension.

Much as I love Seo In Guk (since Master's Sun) and his boyish charms, I really didn't think he was the right fit here. This is not to disparage his acting whatsoever but he's not convincing as the man who could be a psychopath. He's charming and arrogant but not dangerous. It could be the writing of the character as an adult too. I suppose the best example of what I'm thinking here is Park Hae Jin in Bad Guys of whom you could never be sure of his guilt or innocence until the end. The little boy who played the younger version certainly gave that vibe. This is a similar problem (although not to the same degree) I had with Joo Sang Wook's portrayal of Yeo Ji Hoon in TEN as "the monster who catches monsters". And I say that as someone who is a huge fan of the TEN franchise.

I must make special mention of the young actor who plays Lawyer Jeong --- what an amazing, nuanced, multifaceted performance. Charming, dangerous and tortured. He is very impressive and could go very far if he wants to.

I agree with you @40somethingahjumma

..Firstly , I watch "IRY" only curiosity of story line and this young actor Park Bo Gum attract me by his acting skills make me even follow his soompi thread and his tumbler to follow him which I have never did before. ( I am just a silent reader for selective drama)..

Guest wizengamot

@kdramafan43v3r @ilchul i initially said that i'd buy the dvd too since i really love this drama and i want to support them in any way i could possibly can, unfortunately, i don't think it's possible for me too... i'm really scared ordering online. i never ordered online. even if i really need something for my art stuff and i could only order it online, i never did. i think it has become a phobia 

@missabeat it's okay :) i got to agree that yeah they're presuming their childhood selves which explains there gestures to one another. and i really love that the mv you posted just coincide with what i will comment coz i thought that there's so much more to Min's "death". I've thought that killing a very layered villain like LJY and Min would be really lame but i really do like how Min's supposedly death played as something of a rebirth. He basically died, maybe not physically, but the old Min died when LJY stabbed him coz the next thing we know of Min, he recovered, left the hospital to pay for his crimes and i think that counts as character redemption. 

on a side note, it'll be Monday tomorrow tsk.

Are monsters born or are they made? ;) It's an interesting and somewhat unique entry into the nature vs nurture debate. Well, I'm done with it and overall that was a lot of fun. After a bumpy start, once the show went into full swing, I was hooked. Certainly a better than decent storyline with some "singular features" (as Sherlock Holmes would say). I thoroughly enjoyed the character dynamics especially between the 3 men. I liked how the writer juggled the big arc with the little ones. That was very well done. The cops didn't annoy me too much which always helps ;) and at least they seemed more competent than your normal K drama cops.

The romance was fine. It wasn't necessary to have a loveline but it wasn't disruptive of the main storyline or the bromance. 

I'm glad I persevered with this and found a drama that I could get my teeth into while waiting for others. A good job overall -- very entertaining.

As for the poor ratings, I'm not entirely surprised. These sorts of psycho-thrillers aren't very popular among mainstream audiences in SK but it's no reflection of the quality of the writing.

My obsession with Min must be a lot worse than I thought that it actually led me to create a fanvid. I have always thought that Dear Cloud's Remember is Min's special ost, so I made this one. This vid was intended to portray Min's watching Hyun from afar, the sadness of not being recognized, the brothers' confrontation and reunion.  Check it out!

And here is another version with lyric and translation

Guest wizengamot

the latter part of IRY really focused on the brOTP, and that was the part where i really obsess with bogum/min. i initially watch it for SIG and the msytery, i really wasn't expecting that bogum was true to the nickname (that the fans gave him) "shim stealer"which means "heart stealer"

Here I am! Still.  I haven't been watching anything after IRY except JTBC's Last.

Well, if there's one drama that deserves recognition and many awards It's IRY! This drama! from the start ( besides that hiccup form last ep) everything about this drama is amazing. good writing. good directing. excellent acting from all the cast esp. PBG SIG CWY JN DO..and  oh funnyman "chunderella" LCH. wonderful OST. Beautiful cinematography, the mirror like scenes of PGG & SIG.. really just one of my favorite.

I hope this drama gets rewarded for it's brilliance.  International fans like me love this show. Local fans... meh.. I guess they like High Society better. But it's ok we watch for our own pleasure.

IRY should be recognized his industry peers for. Hello awards!

Guest dadedum

Interesting post on tumblr:

tumblr_ntwei9UJgs1rjoiw0o1_500.png

Book from the drama “I Remember You” (from left to right)

- Soheir Khashoggi - Mirage

- Lawrence Watt-Evans - The Ninth Talisman

- Gregory Benford & David Brin - Heart of the Comet

- R.J. Hillhouse - Outsourced

- Unaccountable (sorry the author name is too blurry >.<)

- Philip Jose Farmer - The Magic Labyrinth

- Marvin Zuckerman - Psychobiology of Personality

- Frederick J. Harmon - The Executive Odyssey

- Evelyn Sullerot - Le Fait Feminin

- Wladyslaw Szpilman - The Pianist

- Nicholas Sparks & Micah Sparks - Three Weeks With My Brother

Those books actually kinda explained the theme of the drama. It is psychological drama with brotherhood problems, serial killer and policewoman. And all science in the drama is, of course, a fiction.

source: http://dragon-yong.tumblr.com/

=====

Also the IRY dvd cafe posted a 2-min trailer of the commentary today, showing the cast chatting and laughing over some scenes in ep 10. Re-posting is prohibited so you have to watch it on their site: - http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1uO/32?svc=cafeapp 

Also the IRY dvd cafe posted a 2-min trailer of the commentary today, showing the cast chatting and laughing over some scenes in ep 10. Re-posting is prohibited so you have to watch it on their site: - http://cafe.daum.net/rememberu/X1uO/32?svc=cafeapp 

@dadedum Unfortunately that page is only accessible if we have an account on Daum. Now, to try and figure out how to navigate through the site and create an account. I desperately want to see the cast once more :( 

^ I created my account a few years ago so I don't remember how I did it :sweatingbullets:. See if this tutorial helps.

@dadedum Thank you so much for the tutorial. The registration process was going fine until it asked me to re-enter 4 Hangul characters :crazy: Guess I'll only be getting my account after I have gone for Hangul 101 :sweatingbullets: Regardless, really appreciate the tutorial that you gave, as well as all the information you shared from Daum. Thank you :) 

Interesting post on tumblr:

Book from the drama “I Remember You” (from left to right)

[snipped]

- Unaccountable (sorry the author name is too blurry >.<)

source: http://dragon-yong.tumblr.com/

In the spirit of IRY-itis, I did a little digging and zooming in, and managed to identify the book, which is "Unaccountable: How the Accounting Profession Forfeited a Public Trust" by Mike Brewster

Unaccountable-book_zpsvyu8icke.png

Ironically, this book could not have even been in the Lee library, seeing it was first published in 2003, 8 years after the father's murder, yet we see it when little Hyeon replaces his father's journal and in various flashbacks :blink: :P 

Thanks so much on this update and providing the cafe site!

I have used my 101 level Korean to register the Daum account but seems that the trailer is removed already :tears: But this also made me look much forward to the DVD (Pre-ordered already :))

And I managed to see some bts pics of their commentary shooting and they are giving out signed mini posters and even the big banner as random gifts to the DVD buyers lol Errr... I missed the IRY cast! Sadly the pics could only be seen on the site as no re-posting is allowed...I could not even copy the link here T.T

finallymade it to ep 13 and what can i say- such an amazing drama really well made

great actors and great story  - wont read comments till i finish afraid to read spoilers 

but im really happy that i did watch it and its a must watch drama

Archived