[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously just cannot wrap my head around the winners of the KDA... I mean, I got to admit that Soo-hyun had his best performance yet in Producer and since his popularity is sky high it was kinda obvious that he would win, but the others? Not ONE person from IRY won??? W.T.F?! I mean... Tae-hee won? I remember watching the first 7 or so episodes of Yongpal and not just the fact that Tae-hee had just the role of a sleeping beauty ( She did improve her acting though in comparison to her other dramas in the ~30sec clips of her playing her concious...yeah, kinda rude to compare her to Na-ra who was way better in my opinion. I got nothing against Tae-hee but still!!!) while Joo-won looked like a walking zombie all the time because he worked his richard simmons off and didn't get anything in return. Also, while watching Yongpal, I thought that the story was kinda makjang, like the base of the story was a good idea but the whole hospital *** was just so... unrealistic and drama-like. Not fun to watch which is kinda making me feel bad for the good acting of Joo-won but it couldn't save the drama for me. Why did the writer win ANYTHING? But my main point is..

NO F*** AWARDS FOR IRY?! Did I miss something? I'm not even being biased here, but someone from the cast or staff, at least SOMEONE should have got an award! NOT BO-GEOM? NOT IN-GOOK? NOT WON-YOUNG? NOT NA-RA? NOT D.O? NOT EVEN THE WRITER? Is it April 1th today? I just wanted to hit my head against the table while reading the results. I just can't take the jury serious. Whoever the jury is, I won't watch any show where this jury is in and good thing that I didn't waste my time watching the KDA. Whooo... time to calm down again. Whoo. I just wanted to vent my anger somehow. Surely somebody will agree with me, right? Right?!

Guest ChaYangSoon

Youu angry ..  Me too ...

I Think KDA award Make  mistake ..

I read the comments Nitizen while KSH and KTH win many who sneer their victory ...

They won because of the popularity of hallyu ..

Look KSH win them even pout victory ..

Acting KTH not special .. Dont like jang nara or HJE .. 

I see Acting KTH dont improov, dont like JNR move to genre difrent  drama

Drama IRY  low rating dificulty won award .. 

@lelee me too. i'm pissed off with this ridiculous award. i try to be honest and don't want to insult some of big names in Korean entertainment which is sooooo overly overrated. But as much as i love KSH and LMH but i think the Daesang and The lifetime achievement award (seriously??? lifetime award for the young actor whose still need to prove his acting abilities and his great work in drama history??? at least a memorable acting chop) should be given to other names who was nominated. The other have left their mark as an actor portraying their character greatly. It doesn't mean these two isn't great. Both have potential but not in the character they portrayed esp this time. 

And best screenplay??? I had a high expectation for this category before. Because IRY really deserve award, at least in this category. I would understand if IRY got beaten by Misaeng. These two dramas really gem in their own way. But the winner is .... really??  :blink: i think i have weird taste coz i couldn't finish watching it until the end despite the hype (even JW couldn't help me. Mostly my lappy watched me in deep slumber after 15 minutes. Sorry JW, i love you, but not in this drama). I guess this writer style is not my cup of tea then.

My conclusion is the high popularity and rating mean you'll get award, no matter that the other shows or talented actors, directors, writers have incredible job. The quality is mehhh. Sorry. This award really makes me doubting the Korean award system credibility. Such a shame...

Let's see what will happen in KBS Drama Award this end year. If such great work like IRY doesn't have recognition, then what is the meaning of word "the best" in their dictionary. (sorry for the sarcasm, but it's true). 

to PD-nim, writer-nim, actors, and all IRY staff, eventhough they're ignoring you, i take a bow for your great work proudly. 

I seriously just cannot wrap my head around the winners of the KDA... I mean, I got to admit that Soo-hyun had his best performance yet in Producer and since his popularity is sky high it was kinda obvious that he would win, but the others? Not ONE person from IRY won??? W.T.F?! I mean... Tae-hee won? I remember watching the first 7 or so episodes of Yongpal and not just the fact that Tae-hee had just the role of a sleeping beauty ( She did improve her acting though in comparison to her other dramas in the ~30sec clips of her playing her concious...yeah, kinda rude to compare her to Na-ra who was way better in my opinion. I got nothing against Tae-hee but still!!!) while Joo-won looked like a walking zombie all the time because he worked his richard simmons off and didn't get anything in return. Also, while watching Yongpal, I thought that the story was kinda makjang, like the base of the story was a good idea but the whole hospital *** was just so... unrealistic and drama-like. Not fun to watch which is kinda making me feel bad for the good acting of Joo-won but it couldn't save the drama for me. Why did the writer win ANYTHING? But my main point is..

NO F*** AWARDS FOR IRY?! Did I miss something? I'm not even being biased here, but someone from the cast or staff, at least SOMEONE should have got an award! NOT BO-GEOM? NOT IN-GOOK? NOT WON-YOUNG? NOT NA-RA? NOT D.O? NOT EVEN THE WRITER? Is it April 1th today? I just wanted to hit my head against the table while reading the results. I just can't take the jury serious. Whoever the jury is, I won't watch any show where this jury is in and good thing that I didn't waste my time watching the KDA. Whooo... time to calm down again. Whoo. I just wanted to vent my anger somehow. Surely somebody will agree with me, right? Right?!

JUST THIS ONCE. BECAUSE I'M NOT AFRAID TO SAY MY PIECE. OR TH TRUTH. ALLOW ME TO RANT.  THANKS SOOMPI FOR THIS SPACE.

@phi3nk @lelee @ChaYangSoon  and to all the mostly international viewers who watched this show and felt the same as we do.

DEFINITELY AGREE!!!!!!! WITH YOU AND YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!

THIS DRAMA AWARD IS ALL ABOUT  STUPID POPULARITY AND HIGH RATING DRAMA WITH SH*TTY STORY  AND NOT ABOUT  QUALITY OF A DRAMA!!!!!

I'M FUMING! REALLY REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

THAT DRAMA AWARDS IS SUCH JOKE!!!!! WHAT  A FARCE!!!! WHAT  A BIG BLOW TO THE CREATIVE GENIUSES OF IRY!!!!!!!

NOT ONE SINGLE F*CKING AWARD FOR THIS HIGH QUALITY EXCELLENT DRAMA?!

HOW SAD THAT THEY THINK THEY CAN CAN STILL FOOL VIEWERS.. ESPECIALLY INTERNATIONAL VIEWERS?! THAT DRAMA AWARD SHOULD BE SCRAP BECAUSE IT'S SUCH A TRASH! REALLY!!!!!! IT ONLY EXIST TO SERVE POPULAR STARS AND NOT REALLY TO GIVE ACKNOWLEDGE REAL ACTING TALENT AND HARD WORK OF STARS WHO IS LESS KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC.

WHO DECIDES WHO WINS AN WARD?!?!

I HAD AN INKLING THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

FOR A SHOW THAT HAS BRILLIANT WRITING BRILLIANT ACTING EXCELLENT DIRECTING AND CINEMATOGRAPHY  QUALITY PRODUCTION FROM THE POSTER TO THE OPENING TO EVERY SCENES CAREFULLY THOUGHT OF TO THE MUSIC INJECTED TO EVEN THE CAMEO OF DOKYUNSOO TO THE BRILLIANCE OF THE CHILD ACTORS.

NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE AWARD? FOR THE EXCELLENT DRAMA?!?!

I CANNOT FATHOM WHY SUCH AWARD EXIST!!!!!!

PBG WAS NOT EVEN NOMINATED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! (EVEN JI SOO WAS NOT NOMINATED FOR ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!)

I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REALLY RANT AND EXCUSE ME FOR DOING SO. I'M NOT KOREAN AND I'M NOT IN KOREA BUT I SPENT MY VIEWING TIME WATCHING KOREAN SHOWS BECAUSE I LOVE THEM  AND I KNOW  A GOOD DRAMA WHEN I WATCH ONE.

THE VERY LEAST THE INDUSTRY PEERS CAN DO IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE GOOD DRAMA! BUT I GUESS  POPULARITY IS STILL RULES INSTEAD OF QUALITY.

AGAIN THAT DRAMA AWARD IS SUCH A JOKE..

I'm done with my rant! peace. I'm just saying my piece here. We are a allowed right. Just this once . thanks Soompi for this space again. 

Guest dramacf

Sigh, seriously the results were laughable. When they announced Chanyeol for best rookie, I knew that moment, the results will be all about popularity.

I Remember You is TOO AWESOME FOR THAT KIND OF CRAP that I'm glad no one from IRY won coz I don't want IRY to be in the same company as those dubious very questionable winners!!! 

What's even hilarious is that they seem to invent awards just so other people can also "win" awards. Then they should've invented a category for best cameo and hand it over to DO since he's from popular EXO anyway but ALAS it seems people/jury there is allergic to anything IRY. 

So, I hope (fingers crossed) KBS gets their year-end awards right, and no to freakin' KSH as Daesang!!!

I don't want SIG to share another award just coz the actor he happens to share it with had a popular drama (like last year) whereas he's the more deserving acting-wise or anyone this year from IRY for that matter.

So, I urge you chinggus, please drop your comments about IRY in KBS World's website:

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/programs_intro.html?no=938

OR for those who have twitter to send tweets to @MyloveKBS  and @KBS_drama

I'm fine now. Was just venting because 145 words is not enough. I watch this show from  beginning to end. Just because it didn't do well in the ratings and not popular with the locals doesn't mean drama is a failure. This drama is one of the best for 2015. I know viewers/critics love HTTGV Punch KMHM now I can understand if stars of that drama were given awards -but hey excellent actor ji sung did not even win? come on!

To ignore a drama this good and not even acknowledge brilliance of acting, directing, writing, production  speaks of how certain (or is it most?) award giving bodie/s tend to just give in to popularity  and that award giving body in turn it loses credibility.

Such a disappointment popularity was chosen over quality.

If somebody's lurking here (oh well, who knows) who's  connected to kda body

If you haven't seen this drama.. I feel sorry for you! Yes it's that good! and deserve to win

Back read most all pages, you'll see how many times I mentioned award for IRY.

PS: Even the child actors who appeared in this drama did well. If no one's gonna acknowledge them I will :)

Guest ChaYangSoon

KBS Continues To Struggle With Ratings In 2015, With Few Exceptions 

2015 has been a difficult year for KBS, as the network continues to deal with low-rated Korean dramas. While there have been exceptions like "Producer," "All About My Mom," "Who Are You: School 2015," and "Healer," programs such as "Blood" or "Orange Marmalade" were well-hyped but yielded underwhelming viewership.

On October 15, Sports Chosun published an article which analyzed the contrast between successful dramas at KBS versus those that have struggled to capture the attention of domestic audiences. 

The report, which was likely prompted by the double-digit ratings of "The Merchant: Gaekju 2015," examined the factors that have led to some of the most talked about shows of the past year and those that have disappointed audiences. While viewers keep tuning in for Jang Hyuk in "The Merchant: Gaekju 2015," star-power has not driven every program on KBS, in 2015.

Sports Chosun cited "The King"s Face," another period series, which did not break double-digit viewership. "The King"s Face" was highly-anticipated due to the casting of Seo In Guk, but his fan base was not enough to support the series or his critically acclaimed KBS drama, "I Remember You," whose ratings failed to climb higher than 5.3 percent in nationwide viewership, according to data released by Nielsen Korea. 

Period dramas may seem like a niche genre, but KBS has also struggled with its teen series. "Who Are You: School 2015" continues to be one of the most popular teen dramas of the year, but its ratings could not surpass 8.2 percent. 

"Sassy, Go Go," which is arguably one of the most interesting takes on cheerleading to hit the airwaves years, has yet to generate high viewership. A Pink"s Jung Eun Ji, who emerged from the "Reply" franchise like Seo In Guk, continues to deliver a strong performance in "Sassy, Go Go," but the ratings continue to be low. 

Sports Chosun went on to positively note KBS dramas that have exceeded the expectations of viewers and critics. "Healer" was one of the notable series of the past year, prompting its lead actor, Ji Chang Wook to become a breakout Hallyu star. "Healer" also led to additional opportunities for Park Min Young and demonstrated the desire for viewers to have programming that crosses boundaries, merging action with romantic-comedy. 

"Producer" was also a hit for the network, as Kim Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Cha Tae Hyun and IU led the drama to maintain double-digit ratings throughout its run. 

For international K-Drama fans, who get their fix through legal subtitling companies like DramaFever and Viki or back-end streaming services, Nielsen Korea or TGM rating reports can seem off-putting. However, the numbers reflect the viewership patterns of domestic audiences, impacting the casting of stars like Joo Won who is nicknamed the prince of ratings versus other actors whose series have yielded more disappointing percentages. Hopefully, KBS will gain momentum with its drama programming, over the two months remaining in 2015. 

----

Its Really truee KBs This Yeaar not Good rating .. I think like Drama Produser, Gaekju  and,drama Many episode high rating .. 

Kbs Reaaly bad rating in Monday Tuesday  .. 

I think 2015 only 2 monts again , KBs New drama So ji sub n Shin min ah in Monday Tuesday is last drama Kbs this yearr .. 

Guest dramacf

Sigh, at least they didn't forget to mention in that article that IRY is critically acclaimed whle the other dramas mentioned had none of it...

And as SIG's fan I'm quite insulted that they singled out TKF having low ratings when the star-studded competition at the last 6 episodes of TKF had such a dismal rating considering it's headlined by HB & HJM.  As for IRY, at least it had a very stable fanbase and the fact that the ratings doesn't speak of its high quality despite the live shooting...

Anyways, here's something interesting, I happen to check on IRY's OST (http://www.yesasia.com/global/i-remember-you-ost-kbs-tv-drama/1044895227-0-0-0-en/info.htmland it's surprisingly out of stock when the drama only ended like 2 months ago and as far as I know the entire OST album was released around 8/30 which could mean there were lots of international fans who bought the OST...

RXN7S4p.jpg

I miss this drama, the discussions and all the wonderful smart people that's been in this awesome thread!

@kdramafan43v3r I'm a bit confuse tho with the rating system in Korea. although IRY had very very low rating for such an awesome drama, but the impact is the opposite for the DVD demand. I stalked for another drama threads and sites, many dramas which have high rating more than IRY (even you can't believe the difference rating number between them) they have struggle to produce DVD cut cause of the low demand. So i think, the high rating doesn't mean they have faithful followers. Sometimes it's just the filler when we don't have good drama to be entertaint with.

@ChaYangSoon yeah, it seems KBS really have bad ratings in Mon-Tue drama, although some dramas really really gem and have good quality than other stations. Hope KBS still try to focus producing high quality dramas.

Guest ChaYangSoon

now the last KBS drama is drama Oh My Venus ..

whether the same would have fared bad rating with the previous drama ..

Neхт year,  ι тнιnĸ KBѕ вeттer good rating draмa .. 

Now ι нave 1 нope .. 

Hope Jang nara , coмe n wιn ιn ĸвѕ draмa award .. 

@kdramafan43v3r,  I miss this drama so much 

Me too! was stuck here in this thread the whole 16 episodes of the drama..that's how much I love this drama! I fimrly believe this drama deserve to win awards! no questions ask!

But happy after IRY thread I saw @phi3nk at the Remember thread (that's YSH new drama Dec) we'll both gonna get stuck there once the drama starts December.

@Vannie99

Happy Birthday Seo In Guk...

#HappyGukDay 

Aww it's Lee Hyun's Bday! Haha 

SIG's smile tho! I hope to see him in new drama!!! Yes! Gukkie! <3

Yes! We miss these guys! they're so cool! repost form pg36. Thanks hankitae42

hIrXTmq.jpg

And D.O kyungsoo.. that excellent cameo! one of the good idol actor! repost pg 32 thanks @phi3nk

Embedded image permalink

We miss this hella good brilliant well written psycho thriller drama! Look at that pic below. That's how Lee Hyun solve  crime... so dam smart!  repost pg 52. thanks @cecilia

19175902296_38bc3720fe_z.jpg

*check prev page. I did the flashback Friday.. with pics. because we're missing this show! plus Vannie also posted it's SIG's Bday! #happygukkieday!

And of course MIN! everyone's favorite! PBG. That hurt lil bro look gave us brilliant acting with different emotions just through change of expression in his face in a snap of finger. Such a terrific actor!!! repost from pg 80. thanks @phi3nk
What good vibes the gif below is giving us! That burst of sweet smile! omigosh! luv it!:wub:

미스터리9.gif

미스터리그럼.gif

Yes, I'll never get tired of saying.. this is one the best shows of 2015!!!!!  they better win end of the year awards!

Archived