[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

Guest dramacf

@phi3nk Ratings in Korea will always be a mystery same with how they give out awards. It's rare that viewers (mostly ahjummas) take quality in consideration of what to watch; they always go for what's popular and easy to watch (aka not using your brain cells). They go for two-dimensional characters (not to mentions actors/actresses who can barely show 3 expressions as long as they're pretty & handsome) instead of the much more challenging multi-faceted ones. Some dramas despite the trainwreck writing (and acting) get the high ratings because they're targeted to please the masses while IRY I'm proud to say attracts those of us who love to analyze and figure out things..basically not the common inclination of an average person. Yes, we viewers who love this drama are more quick-witted and have a more diverse comprehension that allows us to enjoy these types of stories than most kdrama viewers. Though, IRY got low ratings I think it started some sort of a trend with mystery thrillers ...right now SBS has Achiara's Secret and soon Remember (with YSH) though I'm so annoyed with that title coz I think they're using IRY's popularity to pull in the viewers. I'm still crossing my fingers that this cast will get the awards they deserve at least by year-end coz it's hopeless they'll even be considered for even a Baeksang nomination next year (coz of low ratings). It's always so frustrating when a kdrama you love which has been really brilliant despite their freaking live shoot system doesn't get recognized and instead those popular dramas do even if they have paper-thin plots that they probably thought of while drinking soju.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kdramafan43v3r Well said. Great post!

And I like you, I want this drama to be recognized for the quality and brilliance this has given us.  We dissect and decipher and analyze and talk about psyche of characters. What is the norm, the behavior of killer. It's gripping. It's psychological.It's witty. It's Everything about this drama is excellent. The quality writing from start to finish and directing and cinematography for this drama is brilliant! Not one single cast is bad. Everybod shined. And the 5 main leads showed us what excellent acting is all about. You don't have to shout, you don't have to over-act.  Every bit of emotion was captured here and even without any dialogue we still get powerful acting through their expression. Everybody shined.

Is it too much to ask for industry peers to recognize such wonderful terrific drama? Sometimes, politics from network executives and jury/committee for the award giving body and  gets involve in selection of  who should and what should and why it should be..  with regards to selecting and handing out awards. But  it'll be heartbreaking if this drama doesn't get recognized for what it has given us t viewers... a really terrific brilliant drama. And especially heartbreaking if industry peers failed to do so...just because they would favor ratings and popularity over quality and excellence.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lovesmelovesmenoot

woaahh i couldn't agree more with @jongski

This Kdrama is one of the best I've ever came across, from the storyline, and  the casts -  they're playing really great roles. It's very rare to find in the kdramaland.

Usually their stories are very typical and so predictable!

Too bad not many Korean like this kind of story, that's why the ratings were so bad!

Seo In Guk, took me by surprise with his acting skills. My first time saw him  and he can act really well..

I am one of his newest fan now!!!

THIS DRAMA IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Guest dadedum

please vote for remeber you as the best drama of the year every day

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2015/

Ha! was gonna drop by to post the same. Yes PLEASE VOTE EVERYDAY until Nov 30 (shown as "Remember You"). It's quite behind now and they may not make it to Round 2. Only allows 1 vote per day, but you can vote on different computers. :w00t: Show your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Seo In Guk Picks Park Bo Geom As His Potential Bromance Partner

Seo In Guk Picks Park Bo Geom As His Potential Bromance Partner

Seo In Guk said the actor he wanted to work with the most is Park Bo Geom.

On November 25, he took the time to talk with fans through Naver’s V App’s “Real Live, Music & Talk.”

When fans ask who he wants to act with the most, he answers, “It’s an actor that all my fans probably like. It’s Park Bo Geom, who just recently played the role of my younger brother in ‘I Remember You.’”

“I would like to do a bromance with Park Bo Geom,” he says. “Something that makes you tear up just at the sight of it.”

seo in gook bromance 2seo in gook bromance

Meanwhile, since the release of his digital single “BOMTANABA” in May of 2014, Seo in Guk has been focus in his acting and variety show appearances. He plans to continue contacting with his fan, both in and outside of Korea.

cr. Soompi

Yes, please let it happen! Their portrayal of Hyun and Min is the epitome of true bromances... one that has me hurting so much for both of them. I really miss these two, and would love to see them together once more.

Seo In Guk says he wants to film a bromance with Park Bo Gum

d213.jpg

Osen - Nate: Seo In Guk "I'd like to do a bromance with Park Bo Gum"

1. [+749, -29] I wholeheartedly approve

2. [+603, -25] We wanna see it too

3. [+517, -21] They were memorable as brothers in 'I Remember You'ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+49, -5] Please do a cameo in 'Reply 1988'

5. [+46, -5] Seo In Guk... I'll look forward to that

6. [+37, -1] I can't forget Bo Gummie being cute as a puppy with Seo In Guk when he was hospitalized in 'I Remember You' ♥♥♥

7. [+33, -4] He and Hoya in 'Reply 1997' were hot together too ㅋㅋ

8. [+30, -6] I've been a fan since 'Reply 1997'. I'm so proud that he's come a long way

9. [+25, -3] Are you serious? Then make it happen!!!???

10. [+23, -8]  He's a singer but he acts more than sing

11. [+16, -32] Stop glamorizing homosexuality

12. [+11, -3] Do it do it do it~

cr : kkuljaem

who doesn't agree with this bromance meet again tho...

Their acting sync together and sooooo damn touching. Wish KBS or other stations hear our pleas. We need another season !!! 

• 1 month later...

OKAY GUYS I KNOW I'M LATE TO JOIN THIS TOPIC BUT YES I CONSIDER I REMEMBER YOU AKA HELLO MONSTER IS THE BEST DRAMA OF THE YEAR EVENTHOUGH IT'S UNDERRATED WHICH MAKES ME SAD:( SEO IN GUK AND JANG NARA ACTING ARE SO SWEET. I STILL CANNOT GET OVER THAT COUPLE. PARK BO GEUM AND SEO IN GUK'S BROMANCE IS CUTE THO. DO EXO'S ACTING IS SO AWESOME THO HE LOOKS LIKE A REAL PSYCHO! PLEASE GUYS ANYONE WHO STILL FOLLOWS OR READS THIS TOPIC, JUST REPLY THIS POST SO THAT WE CAN DISCUSS ABOUT THIS FURTHER (READ: FANGIRLING)

@chaterinegunawan Agree with you.. so underrated but just amazing. If you want to watch something similar and  really amazing. I suggest watch also Cdrama Love Me, If You Dare.. that one is just brilliant brilliant  drama!

As for IRY.....

Is it almost time for KDRAMA awards? Or is it for next year?   Just by this scene alone this drama deserve to be recognized and win award.

if you back read  especially discussion about that ep 9 all I kept posting was how this was the most saddest part and best ( also the confrontation of the brothers) and that Director better win an award, child actors should be recognized. PBG was amazingly brilliant with different emotions just through facial expression. SIG was terrific.  all 4 actors including the  child stars deserve to be lauded. The pic below is from ep 9 and one of best scene in kdrama. It's a scene with no dialogue just mirroring each other and then panning to the child counter part mirroring same scene. Superb and poignant . Oh and DO should also be lauded for that excellent cameo

Pic repost from page 114.

CKXUmSDUYAEeV9c.jpg
CKXUmjcUkAENzJW.jpg

@chaterinegunawan Hi,,, chingu. Glad to hear another new fans from IRY. 

Despite their lack of recognize from native audiences, but Internationally they have a lot of fans.

Poor ratings of KBS Mon/Tue dramas

Average ratings of KBS Mon-Tue dramas in 2015
Healer - 8.6%
Blood - 4.7%
Who Are You - 6.3%
I Remember You - 4.7%
Eccentric Daughter-in-Law - 5%
Sassy Go Go - 3.4%
Oh My Venus - 8.6%

Chosun - Daum: Can't trust KBS Mon/Tue dramas? 

1. [+358, -21] Not only the Mon/Tue dramas but I don't watch KBS dramas in general.. They're boring. Their daily dramas are old-fashioned and the type that grandmas would tune in to. They air weekend dramas at the same when other channels are airing news

2. [+237, -22] Does a drama have to hit 30% in ratings for it to be watchable? A drama like Geum Sa Wol?

3. [+143, -24] 'Healer' and 'Oh My Venus' are fun but the female lead in 'Healer' seemed kind of dull. I did like the supporting characters though

4. [+94, -9] Healer is a masterpiece and 'I Remember You' is a well made drama, even better than movies quality-wise. Why did people fail to notice those?

5. [+86, -7] 'I Remember You' is amazing. Who cares about the damn ratings?

6. [+75, -7] I loved 'I Remember You'

7. [42, -3] 'I Remember You' is such a well made drama. Park Bo Gum's who's popular lately is also in it. I don't even watch dramas but IRY kept me glued to the screen

8. [+41, -4] IRY is exceptional. It's perfect in directing, acting and script. Either viewers have high standards or there is something wrong with how they calculate ratings. And also, high ratings don't always equate to a good drama. Stop making it sound like IRY is terrible

9. [+33, -3] I don't watch KBS shows because the picture quality is outdated and the dramas they air aren't my type

10. [+31, -3] Can we stop with the low ratings=bad drama mentality? To me, IRY is the best drama of the year. Who Are You wasn't bad either

11. [+32, -5] When will there be another drama like 'Healer'?

12. [+28, -2] A new way of calculating viewer ratings should be put into place.. We're stuck with an outdated system and watching dramas online is now the norm.  Healer's a masterpiece despite the low ratings

And from the comments, a lot of people said that IRY is their favorite and have positive reviews in Dramabeans. I just hope that KBS doesn't give up to produce like this kind of drama. 

Guest wizengamot

omg!!! i'm dying watching how SIG look so proud while uri Min (Bogummy) give his speech. i thought i am over with this brOTP, i guess not! afgvdcfidhgikv!!!!

My Feels Ugh

super_junior_fangirling_o3o_by_keni8149-

Guest phi3nk

Yayyy... Congrats to bogum:wub: 

Looks how proud his hyung in last night ceremony.

CXjbRwMVAAACEVE.jpg

Though sig and nara didn't win, i just hope in this year all the casts and crews will success in their next projects.

Finally who don't miss the lee brothers?

201601010926251110_1.jpg

Happy new year, everyone!! Warm hug and smile for all IRY fans.

@phi3nk @wizengamot @kdramafan43v3r @lelee  and others... 

Since SIG wants to do another drama or movie with PBG... we all know IRY is open ended with the last ep.. how about Season 2 of IRY??? What do you think???? Come on KBS make it happen!!!!!! dramagods, hello! Ha ha.

Congrats again to bogummy! Best Supporting Actor KBS Drama Awards

Embedded image permalink

Guest wizengamot

@jongski i remember how we are all demanding a season 2 after that ending. lol someone even ask me how we could make a petition to KBS on my tumblr account...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, you all! I totally miss this drama!

In regards to the award show last night, I am disappointed that SIG didn’t get a award or the show IRY itself. Only PBG got it which he definitely deserved it. I get that IRY had low ratings, but…. at least i hope SIG and IRY get recognized for their amazing quality acting and plot respectively!!

However, no matter what, IRY is still the best drama of year 2015 to (some of) us, especially the fans on here! 

Uh, Hi everyone, I am an outsider for this thread, but I love PBG since Cantabille Tomorrow, and Seo Inguk and Jang Nara since forever. Now my question is, I read in many KPop threads that Park Bo Geum and Jang Nara are dating, like really dating, is it true? I think it's little bit risky for PBG to date someone concerning that he is a rising talent now. I always suspicious that it will be SIG and JN, but now everybody says it;s PBG and JN (I can't stop smiling now, Ji An is cheating on Hyun with Min really sounds cute for me). I am not asking for confirmation, but do you guys seen any hints in IRY about PBG and JNR?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2015 at 11:48 PM, jongski said:

@chaterinegunawan Agree with you.. so underrated but just amazing. If you want to watch something similar and  really amazing. I suggest watch also Cdrama Love Me, If You Dare.. that one is just brilliant brilliant  drama!

As for IRY.....

Is it almost time for KDRAMA awards? Or is it for next year?   Just by this scene alone this drama deserve to be recognized and win award.

if you back read  especially discussion about that ep 9 all I kept posting was how this was the most saddest part and best ( also the confrontation of the brothers) and that Director better win an award, child actors should be recognized. PBG was amazingly brilliant with different emotions just through facial expression. SIG was terrific.  all 4 actors including the  child stars deserve to be lauded. The pic below is from ep 9 and one of best scene in kdrama. It's a scene with no dialogue just mirroring each other and then panning to the child counter part mirroring same scene. Superb and poignant . Oh and DO should also be lauded for that excellent cameo

Pic repost from page 114.

CKXUmSDUYAEeV9c.jpg
CKXUmjcUkAENzJW.jpg

Hey @jongski thanks for replying my thread. i'm glad that at least there is someone who still stuck in this drama. I do agree that  eps 9 is the most awesome episode ever. I felt like my emotions and feelings were brewed and stirred into one motion. As for now, thank you for recommending me another drama, i will watch if i have some time (since school has started since 2 weeks ago) hehe. I hope this drama can win soompi awards, no i mean SIG can win actor of the year <3 to be honest, I fancied him since he played on this drama. I'm impressed by his acting. So, if it weren't for this drama i won't able to recognize Seo In-Guk and Park Bo-Geum too. haha!

On 12/30/2015 at 1:12 PM, phi3nk said:

@chaterinegunawan Hi,,, chingu. Glad to hear another new fans from IRY. 

Despite their lack of recognize from native audiences, but Internationally they have a lot of fans.

Poor ratings of KBS Mon/Tue dramas

Average ratings of KBS Mon-Tue dramas in 2015
Healer - 8.6%
Blood - 4.7%
Who Are You - 6.3%
I Remember You - 4.7%
Eccentric Daughter-in-Law - 5%
Sassy Go Go - 3.4%
Oh My Venus - 8.6%

Chosun - Daum: Can't trust KBS Mon/Tue dramas? 

1. [+358, -21] Not only the Mon/Tue dramas but I don't watch KBS dramas in general.. They're boring. Their daily dramas are old-fashioned and the type that grandmas would tune in to. They air weekend dramas at the same when other channels are airing news

2. [+237, -22] Does a drama have to hit 30% in ratings for it to be watchable? A drama like Geum Sa Wol?

3. [+143, -24] 'Healer' and 'Oh My Venus' are fun but the female lead in 'Healer' seemed kind of dull. I did like the supporting characters though

4. [+94, -9] Healer is a masterpiece and 'I Remember You' is a well made drama, even better than movies quality-wise. Why did people fail to notice those?

5. [+86, -7] 'I Remember You' is amazing. Who cares about the damn ratings?

6. [+75, -7] I loved 'I Remember You'

7. [42, -3] 'I Remember You' is such a well made drama. Park Bo Gum's who's popular lately is also in it. I don't even watch dramas but IRY kept me glued to the screen

8. [+41, -4] IRY is exceptional. It's perfect in directing, acting and script. Either viewers have high standards or there is something wrong with how they calculate ratings. And also, high ratings don't always equate to a good drama. Stop making it sound like IRY is terrible

9. [+33, -3] I don't watch KBS shows because the picture quality is outdated and the dramas they air aren't my type

10. [+31, -3] Can we stop with the low ratings=bad drama mentality? To me, IRY is the best drama of the year. Who Are You wasn't bad either

11. [+32, -5] When will there be another drama like 'Healer'?

12. [+28, -2] A new way of calculating viewer ratings should be put into place.. We're stuck with an outdated system and watching dramas online is now the norm.  Healer's a masterpiece despite the low ratings

And from the comments, a lot of people said that IRY is their favorite and have positive reviews in Dramabeans. I just hope that KBS doesn't give up to produce like this kind of drama. 

Hello! thank you for giving me such a delightful information. I haven't read the whole Drama Beans review about IRY but i saw the headlines and it's true, they gave positive ratings for IRY. And yeah, it would be better if people stop having a mindset that bad ratings mean bad drama. A bad rating doesn't always refer that the drama is also bad, but it's more like public's personal taste. So, everyone has different opinion about something, but that doesn't mean one's opinion can always affect others'.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived