[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest asmaraseo

gee drama premiere replacement Iry rating is very high ..

I was annoyed as good drama Iry why the low rating ..:angry:

@chayangsoon, We was all annoyed I still would like to know what the on line ratings was for this drama

I DIDN'T AND DON"T GET THIS!!! WHY Why why waeee???

IRY is a well produced drama. The writing, the directing, and the acting are all superb! The quality is exceeding other dramas with that so NOT CONVINCING acting! This makes me urghhh... so unfair. So ironic that this drama is about how society should look at psycho someone thoroughly yet this drama gets NO JUSTICE! Oh my goodness, do people even read the comments and recaps in English web? All of them are positive, not to say VERY positive!

I always thought that DB is one great recap web with mostly well worded and well thought comments. So I read recaps and comments on HS final ep, S2015AY final ep, SWWTN latest ep, and TTILY latest ep. Yes, I rrreallly need to kill my time. This no-IRY thing is killing me. Then comparing those with more than 300 VERY VERY VERY positive comments on IRY final ep gave me HEADACHE. I couldn't understand that. We international viewers love it to bits and all this drama flaws just go unseen covered by all the praises. And the number of MVs from this drama is awesome. I always found new MVs which I take that as a sign that international viewers love IRY. I'm so sad.

Korean oh korean... you are totally missing out!!!

Look at these versatile acting!

irememberyou16-00007a.jpg

IRY07-00140a.jpg

irememberyou16-00074.jpg

Guest dramacf

I swear I'm so beyond annoyed, disappointed at the Korean viewers! How can they not appreciate such a brilliant drama! The bromance is like no other in kdrama land! The OTP so organic! The main villain so layered!  Why can't they realize that a smart drama full of heart can also be entertaining?!!!  They prefer trashy dramas that have questionable acting and paper-thin plots you'd be amazed it has even one! Now, I fear that they won't even be recognized for their hard work by year-end. 

Let's continue posting comments on Hello Monster's KBSworld site, we need to let them know that they should make more dramas like this and that this drama is one of the best this year!

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/programs_intro.html?no=938

Annyeong chingu deul :wub:

Aaaiiigggooooo I miss IRY very much.....yesterday I felt so listless and restless because no more new episodes of IRY. How is everyone doing? Have you all moved on to another thread?

Just want to say I miss SIG, JNR, PBG, CWY and the whole team not forgetting the chingu deul in this thread :)

saw a lot of bts pics on ig today... and i commented "please date" hahaha!!! really, have you seen the IRY interview where nara-ssi was asked to picked an ideal guy on his set and he picked SIG, i can't seem to find the whole interview on youtube just that it's hilarious too because of choi won young and bogum... i like the interactions between them

Oh yes, that interview! I remembered watching it before watching IRY and still remember where is video! Is it this interview on Entertainment Weekly? 

https://youtu.be/IXDMF7YuaJM?t=29m54s

(omg, i don't how to post video here)

Heheh, i totally love this! Plus when they appeared on Happy Together too! 

Hello all,

This is my first time to post here, I enjoyed the drama so much~~ though I don't really like the ending but well I have to accept it~~^^

Both Seoinguk and Park Bogum are the reason I stayed watch the drama,, they both played reaaaaaally well. and the story of Min and Hyun the only thing I am focus on. hihi so I made the sad MV from Min's pov. I hope all the fans of this drama can enjoy it~~^^ it's likely I'll make Hyun version too~~ Have a nice day all~~~ :) :):) 

Thank you for your MV. Really love it. Let me share at Park Bo Gum thread..

OMG park bogum has his own Soompi thread??? uwaaah~~ thank you for sharing the fmv there~~^^

Guest wizengamot

I'm still craving IRY too lol... just can't delete the thread out of my tabs yet... I think that I have to watch it all again at least once..

@foreverpressed  LJY was implying that Jian's dad was abusing him in prison somehow, but I was really waiting for him to tell her that at least in the last episode... It doesn't justify LJY killing Jian's dad but at least it would give Jian something to think about and... I dunno... I think they should be on the same page on that at least... I mean LJY was messed up because of many other people so Jian's dad isn't not guilty to some point too.. Jian should know that.

I'm going to watch Choi Won-young's new drama probably... Or else I'm just not gonna be able to get the LJY image out of my mind whenever I see Won-young again. lol

Still not decided on whether to watch Reply 1988... I watched 97 and 94 (but I could not watch 94's finale 'cause Chilbong was just too...pityfull :( )  I like the reply series but if it's just Who's the husband? then I'm just gonna rewatch my fave dramas. If Reply's characters are good and unique like before, the storyline isn't too cliche and stuff.. I'm gonna watch it for Kyeong-Pyo and Bo-geom lol. Soooo good actors. For those who don't know Kyeong-Pyo, you should watch Potato Star, he's so funny in there. (Dunno if there is eng sub tho)

yeah, we all know that no one has the right who should die and take their lives but quite frankly, we all know that LJY doesn't kill just because. More often he kills people whom he thinks are bad and the thing  he implied about Ji An's dad that sometimes the closest person doesn't have any idea about that person's other side. but Ji An should at least consider this. i'm not saying that she should hate her dad though. as for reply 1988, it was said that there would be no "who is the husband?" this time so i'm really anticipating what it's all about...

@wizengamot thank you for the fanarts :D it's funny how we're happy/fine with the idea that JY didn't die or get caught :lol: he's character really made my head spin hating him one second but not really hate him the other second :crazy: this drama was great by making us this torn with two characters like Min and JY who we could easily have hated but they gave them enough layers and depth that left us wondering what to do of them and the actors made a brilliant job in their parts!!!

yes, the villains are more developed here and not your typical flat villains with just badness in them. so good that it makes you question your own understanding... and of course, the writing would have not been brilliant if the actors didn't flesh it out rightfully. 

as for the new drama and rating

i really need to take a moment to understand the korean audience like "what crap is this?" but then again, i see people who do less get more attention that people who works hard. the only thing we can do is boost the staffs and casts' morale, to let them know that this brilliant drama was not in vain. it was so good that it raise my bar on choosing mystery series. like i've said, the other day, i went to the bookstores and picked up three novels with psychopath killers in them. But as much as the investigation procedure is excellent, it's lacking something. like more depth to the villains. like they're not just crazy, they're not given enough layers to make your head spin and debate whether to side with them or not. And there was no heart warming story of love (both romantic and familial) so even though unraveling how someone died and uncovering the truth behind the crime are great, i still find the novels flat. so yeah, IRY definitely set a standard (at least for me) of what a  great mystery/psychopath/crime story is

might not be tht much related to drama... but at least related to the main actor of the drama. haha.

CALLING ALL INTERNATIONAL FANS. So a Philippines fan name Sig Mypop from facebook is going to have her trip early september to South Korea, n she plan to give like a bday cake to Inguk. So now the GLOBAL FAN CAKE PROJECT has officially started. Altho now we need head counts first to see if its possible coz before actually handing in presents and cakes to Jelyfish, a lot of procedure and requirements and stuff. So we hope to get feedbacks! the latest by this saturday. Do visit this link to Join and we can actually count it as "I am in" kinda thing, and docs survey just for simple data. really super short survey to see where u r from n how much would u collaborate. For now the Cake Quotation is around 240000 won, a 2 tier cake with an inguk model on top. It would be great to get feedback from everyone, THANK YOU VERY KAMSA! Sig Mypop can also be found on facebook. hehe

SEO IN GUK GLOBAL BDAY CAKE FACEBOOK EVENT

https://www.facebook.com/events/735906286536961/

GLOBAL FAN CAKE SURVEY

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aHT1Q9g8rOh8wCXPSZlvpwYZAzjdQfthuIhZEgNS4gg/viewform?c=0&w=1

I'm still craving IRY too lol... just can't delete the thread out of my tabs yet... I think that I have to watch it all again at least once..

@foreverpressed  LJY was implying that Jian's dad was abusing him in prison somehow, but I was really waiting for him to tell her that at least in the last episode... It doesn't justify LJY killing Jian's dad but at least it would give Jian something to think about and... I dunno... I think they should be on the same page on that at least... I mean LJY was messed up because of many other people so Jian's dad isn't not guilty to some point too.. Jian should know that.

I'm going to watch Choi Won-young's new drama probably... Or else I'm just not gonna be able to get the LJY image out of my mind whenever I see Won-young again. lol

Still not decided on whether to watch Reply 1988... I watched 97 and 94 (but I could not watch 94's finale 'cause Chilbong was just too...pityfull :( )  I like the reply series but if it's just Who's the husband? then I'm just gonna rewatch my fave dramas. If Reply's characters are good and unique like before, the storyline isn't too cliche and stuff.. I'm gonna watch it for Kyeong-Pyo and Bo-geom lol. Soooo good actors. For those who don't know Kyeong-Pyo, you should watch Potato Star, he's so funny in there. (Dunno if there is eng sub tho)

I agree. She still believes that her father is an angel. I know he didn't deserve to die but he was no way a good guy.

I marathoned Reply 1997 after IRY ended. I needed to see more of Seo Inguk and I was hook,line and sinker in love with the Drama too. So yesterday i marathoned 1994 till ep 9 and it was quite obvious that she will end up with Sseuregi not Chilbong. I hope plot of 1988 wont disappoint. One time was a charm, but 2nd time is too much, 3rd time will be unbearable to watch. I am pressed at why 1994 has more episode than 1997. I needed more romance between Shiwon X Yoonjae.

Guest ilchul

@asmaraseo @ituaku thank you for the MVs :)

@dadedum thank you for the pics :) I really miss the drama and these pics brings all the memories back :wub:

@missabeat thank you for the MV, great job chingu :D aw those 2 bothers are the joy of my life and everytime I see them I feel more thankful that Min is alive :D

@alekaonu hi chingu :) all of us here having a hard time letting go of this great drama!!! many of our chingus here including me joined PBG thread and his upcoming drama "Reply 1988" thread waiting to see him again with a new character and it would be great if you join us :D 

@wizengamot I agree with you and I want to add that I'm really grateful that we didn't have the out of the blue "all forgotten and forgiven" moment!!! as much as we understand the characters and it's motives and sympathise with them still we and they know that they need to/will face the consequences of their wrongdoings one day. 

@evelynray thank tyou for the video :) let me try repost it here:

loved happy together episode too but PBG wasn't there unfortunatly :(

Guest dadedum

Two new messages are posted on the IRY dvd cafe:

###    The date & members of participants are changed   ###

o Date: 19th August Wednesday -> 20th August Thursday

o Members: for the personal occasion, the Dramatist, Lee Chun Hee (as Gang Eun Hyuk) and Kim Jae Young (as Min Sueng Ju) cannot attend to the Commentary.

Due to sudden changes of the schedule and personal occasion, 3 people cannot attend to the Commentary. We ask your generous understanding because it’s was real hard to make every members in a place at a same day.

So final members for the commentary are the Director, Seo In Guk (as Lee Hyun), Jang Na Ra (as Cha Jian), Choi Won Young (as Lee Jun Young) and Park Bo Gum (as Lee Min/ Jung Sun Ho).

o Detail: 1 episode for the Commentary + Couple interview (Lee Hyun & Cha Jian)

Since the actors that we expected for the commentary couldn’t make it, the whole plan for the commentary has been changed. We really are sorry to announce that the commented episode will be only one. As participants have reduced, it was almost impossible to shoot 2 whole episodes.

The episode to shoot has not confirmed, yet. We’ll keep update as soon as possible.

####    Hyun & Jian Couple Interview     ###

Because we know how much you would be disappointed, we asked “couple interview” as another additional video clip for the special offers. KBS the production notices that they would provide only 1 episode for commentary, though and they finally accepted out strong demand.

This “Couple Interview” video clip will be filmed separately with individual interview.

As the “Couple Interview” confirmed only few hours before, we couldn’t have some time at all to collect all fans questions for them. Luckily we found many questions from Hyun & Jian’s individual questions that dealt with their relationship. We delivered those to KBS and it will be used for the interview. Again, we ask your generous understanding.

++++++++++

The Dramatist finally confirmed the script for whole episodes!!!

We really appreciate that she answered to all fans big wish for the very special drama.

As we’ve got confirmed the script as the special offers for preorder,

Yes24 will open a new discount event to celebrate this great news for you; Stalkers ;)

The event for the First week discount Coupon will be expired today; 18th Aug, 24:00 (by Korean time), there’ll be a new event from 19th ~ 21st August. Don’t be confused.

The content of event will be same. (full payment DVD: -10,000 KRW/ Bluray: -15,000 KRW)

====

So the dvd/blue ray will come with the full original script. Maybe I should start signing up for korean classes? lol

It sucks that the scriptwriter can't attend the session, what the.

Guest wizengamot

@wizengamot I agree with you and I want to add that I'm really grateful that we didn't have the out of the blue "all forgotten and forgiven" moment!!! as much as we understand the characters and it's motives and sympathise with them still we and they know that they need to/will face the consequences of their wrongdoings one day. 

yeah, most dramas i know tend to have "okay since it;s the end let's ask forgiveness to one another and live happily ever after"... the drama stayed true to their genre, story and the characters. it's not your typical drama with neat knots and tied bows in the end. it remains complex and interesting just how it was in the beginning. i'm seeing you in a lot of threads chingu-yah (here, bogum, and answer me 1988) haha

@Prettysup if my memory serves me right, i think it's min... because the reason he came back was because of the bbangbaedong case right, the one with purple flowers given to the dead girls and where one of the victim;s house hang Min's painting. Plus, the culprit of the said murder has Min as his lawyer. 

Two new messages are posted on the IRY dvd cafe:

###    The date & members of participants are changed   ###

o Date: 19th August Wednesday -> 20th August Thursday

o Members: for the personal occasion, the Dramatist, Lee Chun Hee (as Gang Eun Hyuk) and Kim Jae Young (as Min Sueng Ju) cannot attend to the Commentary.

Due to sudden changes of the schedule and personal occasion, 3 people cannot attend to the Commentary. We ask your generous understanding because it’s was real hard to make every members in a place at a same day.

So final members for the commentary are the Director, Seo In Guk (as Lee Hyun), Jang Na Ra (as Cha Jian), Choi Won Young (as Lee Jun Young) and Park Bo Gum (as Lee Min/ Jung Sun Ho).

o Detail: 1 episode for the Commentary + Couple interview (Lee Hyun & Cha Jian)

Since the actors that we expected for the commentary couldn’t make it, the whole plan for the commentary has been changed. We really are sorry to announce that the commented episode will be only one. As participants have reduced, it was almost impossible to shoot 2 whole episodes.

The episode to shoot has not confirmed, yet. We’ll keep update as soon as possible.

####    Hyun & Jian Couple Interview     ###

Because we know how much you would be disappointed, we asked “couple interview” as another additional video clip for the special offers. KBS the production notices that they would provide only 1 episode for commentary, though and they finally accepted out strong demand.

This “Couple Interview” video clip will be filmed separately with individual interview.

As the “Couple Interview” confirmed only few hours before, we couldn’t have some time at all to collect all fans questions for them. Luckily we found many questions from Hyun & Jian’s individual questions that dealt with their relationship. We delivered those to KBS and it will be used for the interview. Again, we ask your generous understanding.

++++++++++

The Dramatist finally confirmed the script for whole episodes!!!

We really appreciate that she answered to all fans big wish for the very special drama.

As we’ve got confirmed the script as the special offers for preorder,

Yes24 will open a new discount event to celebrate this great news for you; Stalkers ;)

The event for the First week discount Coupon will be expired today; 18th Aug, 24:00 (by Korean time), there’ll be a new event from 19th ~ 21st August. Don’t be confused.

The content of event will be same. (full payment DVD: -10,000 KRW/ Bluray: -15,000 KRW)

====

So the dvd/blue ray will come with the full original script. Maybe I should start signing up for korean classes? lol

It sucks that the scriptwriter can't attend the session, what the.

seriously, as much as i love the whole characters, having just the fourl leads (SIG, Nara, Lee Joon Young hahaha!!! and Bogum) for commentary is really super fine with me

Guest ilchul

yeah, most dramas i know tend to have "okay since it;s the end let's ask forgiveness to one another and live happily ever after"... the drama stayed true to their genre, story and the characters. it's not your typical drama with neat knots and tied bows in the end. it remains complex and interesting just how it was in the beginning. i'm seeing you in a lot of threads chingu-yah (here, bogum, and answer me 1988) haha

that moment leave me frustrated especially when people's lives is ruined for years and are saved by a miracle and then a simple apology and everything is fine, WHAT?!!!! are you kidding me?!!!

the drama was close to the real life where you can't have everything solved and every question answered and I admire that!!!
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes chingu and you can tell the common point (person) right!!! :lol: I'm a member of another upcoming drama thread (She Was Pretty) but not that active in there though :D

@Prettysup if my memory serves me right, i think it's min... because the reason he came back was because of the bbangbaedong case right, the one with purple flowers given to the dead girls and where one of the victim;s house hang Min's painting. Plus, the culprit of the said murder has Min as his lawyer. 

I agree with you, though JY had the access himself as the autopsy doctor but I believe it's Min wanting Hyun to rememeber him (his painting, the purpul flowers).

seriously, as much as i love the whole characters, having just the fourl leads (SIG, Nara, Lee Joon Young hahaha!!! and Bogum) for commentary is really super fine with me

and with me :)

@dadedum thank you for the news :)

as for the new drama and rating

i really need to take a moment to understand the korean audience like "what crap is this?" but then again, i see people who do less get more attention that people who works hard. the only thing we can do is boost the staffs and casts' morale, to let them know that this brilliant drama was not in vain. it was so good that it raise my bar on choosing mystery series. like i've said, the other day, i went to the bookstores and picked up three novels with psychopath killers in them. But as much as the investigation procedure is excellent, it's lacking something. like more depth to the villains. like they're not just crazy, they're not given enough layers to make your head spin and debate whether to side with them or not. And there was no heart warming story of love (both romantic and familial) so even though unraveling how someone died and uncovering the truth behind the crime are great, i still find the novels flat. so yeah, IRY definitely set a standard (at least for me) of what a  great mystery/psychopath/crime story is

Like all of you guys I am so surprised that the ratings were so low in Korea. Hands down, this drama was #1 for me this year. It's going to be difficult to beat it. What made it so excellent for me was the amount of layers that it provided us viewers. For once, romance wasn't the main focus of the drama. Its focus was on raising issues on family, brotherhood, ethics and morale. What is right and what is wrong? For me, it felt like the message of the show was that nothing is black and white. Even though the mobius strip shown in the beginning of the drama was black and white, there were so many shades of gray in between... Maybe the ratings were low in Korea, because people aren't used to these kinds of stories? In my opinion, Japanese dramas focus much more on complex themes, rather than on romance. Maybe IRY would have been a hit if it had been produced there? Anyway, I'm so glad international viewers have shown their love for IRY. :wub: 

On a side note, I love reading crime thrillers. This show was so good it could be transferred into a book and become a bestseller around the world! :)

Archived