[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hehehe :blush: my 2nd DotS comic strip. I hope today's last special episode with more bts & epilogue will give us a more satisfactory ending for all the characters particularly our Beauty & Big Boss couple. If no wedding or no babies, at least give us a proposal! That is not too much to ask for considering how many hardships they had overcame together.

Beauty will become Little Boss :joy:.

DotS%20proposal_zps4tlkdfyf.jpg

Cr as tagged

• Like 18

@Ahpheng so many you have there but I agree with you on all the BTS please...somehow cramp them all in 90 minutes with a beautiful long unforgettable epilogue to finish it off.

I'm not sure how creditable the info of this article is since there have been many previous articles that indicate the chance of a sequel is slim...

But if the all cast can come back with the same writers and produce an entirely different show inspired by the original than I'm really liking the idea....like their stories in another era / past life or next life time.

KBS plans 'Descendants of the Sun' sequel

SEOUL, April 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's national broadcaster KBS said Friday it is having an internal discussion over the production of a sequel to its latest hit drama "Descendants of the Sun."

"We are creating the second 'Descendants of the Sun,'" Jung Sung-hyo, head of KBS's drama department, said, adding the goal is to have it out by 2017.

The KBS 2TV series starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo captivated audiences in South Korea and China, where the show premiered on the same date.

Jung said the state broadcaster is in talks with the original's writer Kim Eun-sook and main cast. Although "nothing has been set in stone," he said their interactions have so far been "positive."

But it is not yet clear whether the "second 'Descendants of the Sun'" will be a second season or an entirely different show inspired by the original, he stressed.

The poster for the KBS 2TV series "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/04/22/0200000000AEN20160422007900315.html

• Like 15

Seems like the movie is just a recap kind of like what we just watched.  And I don't want a second season or a new movie unless it's just a Song Song wedding movie romcom.  Let them go live happily ever after in our imaginations.   The writer already said the same as well.  

There's really nothing more to tell in DoTS anyway.  It was the story about a doctor and a solider falling in love, and how the doctor was able to overcome her fear to support him.  That happened already.  

• Like 11

Wow, they will make DOTS into novel?

I like :D 

I never read a novel which is adapted from a drama/movie, I love to read, usually read novels first before it was adapted to movies. This will be so exciting. I hope this will push through :D 

To much hotness in the new stills, thanks @MAROSA_JIN we haven't seen this one right? If I am not mistaken SJ's outfit is from ep 1, but DY's is different. Uri Captain looked dazzling with the dark glass. 

CgneuzAUgAESUrj.jpg

I will miss their bromance the most after SJ&MY romance, feel so sad today is the last day for DOTS :bawling: 

• Like 15

If they plan to make sequel they must remember, it won't work without SJK and SHK. Either past life or next life. It would be so cool to have them in a Joseon era movie or drama, lol. MY jokingly said SJ must have saved a nation in his previous life to have her in his life now. 

Anything with them I will def watch, even if DOTS turn to a horror movie, lol, ok I said it finally. 

Waiting for tonight's special feel like...

EdZXORm.gif

• Like 11

Song Hye Kyo says Song Joong Ki made her nervous during 'Descendent of the Sun' shoot

Actress Song Hye-kyo (Yonhap)

Korean actress Song Hye Kyo has revealed she felt 'jittery' while working with sensational hunk Song Joong Ki.

The pretty Dr. Kang Mo-yeon from record breaking series 'Descendent of the Sun' spilled the beans on how it was actually working with the boyish-looking actor who has become a rage among female fans in China and South Korea.

At a press conference on Wednesday, the 34-year-old revealed, "Song Joong-ki did such a good job at achieving that difficult task, and made (the character Yoo Shi-jin) charming. I would sometimes get jittery acting alongside him."

"I've been in the industry for quite a while now, and I see a lot of junior actors who aren't like him. (Song) works hard at whatever he does, even with all his fame. ... He did everything a male lead should do perfectly. He is a great guy," the actress told Asiaone.

Hye Ko , who has been in the industry for almost two decades, was all in praise for the 30-year-old actor with whom she shared the screen for the first time. Hye Kyo thinks of Joong Ki as a flawless actor and feels that the actor did thorough justice to the role of ' Big Boss' .

"Song Joong-ki is known for his sincerity and manners. Although there were difficult scenes including the earthquake, Song was the same all the time. The total shooting period for the drama was nearly double that of other dramas. For the whole six months, Song could have been edgy and lose his temper, but he didn't," Hye Ko asserted.

Adding on, she said: "He (Song Joong-ki) is younger than me, but I thought I found many things to learn from him. He did his job perfectly in the drama, and he is such a great person", the actress said. 

http://www.ibtimes.sg/song-hye-kyo-says-song-joong-ki-made-her-nervous-during-descendent-sun-shoot-1112

• Like 9

Song Hye Kyo says Song Joong Ki made her nervous during 'Descendent of the Sun' shoot

Actress Song Hye-kyo (Yonhap)

Korean actress Song Hye Kyo has revealed she felt 'jittery' while working with sensational hunk Song Joong Ki.

The pretty Dr. Kang Mo-yeon from record breaking series 'Descendent of the Sun' spilled the beans on how it was actually working with the boyish-looking actor who has become a rage among female fans in China and South Korea.

At a press conference on Wednesday, the 34-year-old revealed, "Song Joong-ki did such a good job at achieving that difficult task, and made (the character Yoo Shi-jin) charming. I would sometimes get jittery acting alongside him."

"I've been in the industry for quite a while now, and I see a lot of junior actors who aren't like him. (Song) works hard at whatever he does, even with all his fame. ... He did everything a male lead should do perfectly. He is a great guy," the actress told Asiaone.

Hye Ko , who has been in the industry for almost two decades, was all in praise for the 30-year-old actor with whom she shared the screen for the first time. Hye Kyo thinks of Joong Ki as a flawless actor and feels that the actor did thorough justice to the role of ' Big Boss' .

"Song Joong-ki is known for his sincerity and manners. Although there were difficult scenes including the earthquake, Song was the same all the time. The total shooting period for the drama was nearly double that of other dramas. For the whole six months, Song could have been edgy and lose his temper, but he didn't," Hye Ko asserted.

Adding on, she said: "He (Song Joong-ki) is younger than me, but I thought I found many things to learn from him. He did his job perfectly in the drama, and he is such a great person", the actress said. 

http://www.ibtimes.sg/song-hye-kyo-says-song-joong-ki-made-her-nervous-during-descendent-sun-shoot-1112

• Like 14

(LEAD) KBS plans 'Descendants of the Sun' sequel

SEOUL, April 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's national broadcaster KBS said Friday it is having an internal discussion over the production of a sequel to its latest hit drama "Descendants of the Sun."

"We are creating the second 'Descendants of the Sun,'" Jung Sung-hyo, head of KBS's drama department, said, adding the goal is to have it out by 2017.

The KBS 2TV series starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo captivated audiences in South Korea and China, where the show premiered on the same date.

Jung said the state broadcaster is in talks with the original's writer Kim Eun-sook and main cast. Although "nothing has been set in stone," he said their interactions have so far been "positive."

"We can't say they are in for certain because actors don't make such decisions until they read the script," he said.

But it is not yet clear whether the "second 'Descendants of the Sun'" will be a second season or an entirely different show inspired by the original, he stressed.

The plans were announced unexpectedly and were made to "give back to the support of fans both at home and abroad."

"'Descendants of the Sun' rewrote history by rekindling 'hallyu,' so I'm sure our upcoming project will receive critical acclaim domestically and internationally, too," Jung said.

Producers of the show have agreed that the second half of the original left much to be desired, with some saying they wished they had prolonged the filming period in Greece, where the fictional country of Uruk is set.

"We went through lots of struggles and accumulated know-how from pre-producing this show, and we are going to write a book for future reference," he added.

Bae Kyung-soo, a chief producer at KBS, said the staff has benefited much from filming and editing the entire show prior to its premiere date. In South Korea, shows have commonly been filmed and edited even after their launch.

"Pre-production helped raise the quality of our videos and allowed us time to think things through many times," Bae said. "'Descendants of the Sun' was possible because it was produced in advance. I believe there are more advantages than disadvantages in early production."

SOURCE: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/22/0701000000AEN20160422007951315.html

-- has this been posted??? If so, Mian!!

BUT OMG, I HOPE THEY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! :love::love::love:

• Like 12

BIG NEWS 

April 22, 2016

KBS Discusses Plans for "Descendants of the Sun" Season 2 in 2017

crystalcove

In an interview with the head of KBS’s drama department, Jung Sung Ho, earlier today with a local news outlet, the possibility of a season two for  hit drama”Descendants of the Sun” or a second “Descendants of the Sun”-like drama was discussed.

Jung Sung Ho said, “We want to repay viewers with the next ‘Descendants of the Sun.’ We are grateful to viewers, overseas fans, staff, and actors. The drama was more than a domestic syndrome; it established a third wave of Hallyu. KBS will strive to produce a second “Descendants of the Sun” to meet expectations and repay viewers. We plan to launch a 2017 ‘Descendants of the Sun’ project for broadcast in 2017 through negotiations with the cast and production team.”

When asked to clarify if the project is the second season of “Descendants of the Sun,” Jung Sung Ho revealed that writer Kim Eun Sook, the co-writer of the drama, said a season two is too heavy a burden. He elaborated, “We have to keep discussing whether it will be a story of a soldier or not. ‘Descendants of the Sun’ was this year’s top drama and greatly contributed to the Hallyu wave, and we mean that we wish to work on a project that will follow it closely. For the time being, we plan to proceed with a variety of projects with a 2017 broadcast goal.”

Jung Sung Ho also clarified that the project(s) that KBS is planning does not require all the people who were involved in the drama. “We are advancing with projects that the production team and cast can consent to,” said Jung Sung Ho. “You can say that we are currently leveling the ground for a house to be building. We also have to think about the aspect of pre-production.”

While KBS’s plans do not confirm a season two, it looks like the network wants one, or something like it, and is currently planning for it.

Previously, “Descendants of the Sun” co-writer, Kim Won Suk, had said “I have no plans for a second season. I’ve already told the story I wanted to tell.

Source (1)

• Like 12

6afb0f0cgw1f3575t5mx6g20dw07thdw.gif

005THK5fgw1f34qggbh2fg30dw07thdy.gif

CTO..

The way he caresses her face & her lips like that :wub::wub::wub: The FEEEEEEEEEELS! I fall inlove all over again w/ my OTP..gosh! :love:

& 1hr more to go for the BTS & Epilogue :love::bawling::love::bawling::love::bawling: I'm not ready to let go yet...haysss!

• Like 19

Guys , epilogue for tonight start at 9.35PM KST right??? I want to make sure ;)

Currently watching ep 16 ans still LOL ing during Red Velvet scene! DaeYeong represents every fanboy in Korea perhaps in the world? hahahah :w00t: and this one too. Gonna miss our pretty oppa :blush:

CfmAwvBVIAARjqF.jpg

• Like 9