[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

I can't sleep, is this really the end?

It's been so great, the last 4-5 months, thanks to all of you for always sharing news updates, pics, gifs and everything.

I am sorry I was spamming the tread with my histerical posts, haha, nothing substantive, I was just overly excited.

Thank you to KBA for the specials, even there was no epilogue I am truly satisfied with the last special with all the bts, they were having so much fun while filming.

I am not letting go, not yet. So I will be still staying here :D 

• Like 14

Guest ktiminie

:lol: Here Joong Ki is struggling so much trying to tie Hye Kyo's hair!

rnODGd.gif  KkJXWQ.gif

VXz0Yx.gif  rnZYXQ.gif

Spoiler

4cubNr.gif

You're too cute when you're embarrassed Captain Yoo ;)

@missling1

Yes, it was so funny, I was so surprised when I heard the voice was different, lol.  It's my fave scene actually, and guess what I end up re-watching ep 4 now. 

No matter how many times I watch this episode, I still have to hold my breathe during the whole scene of saving the Arab President. All casts did a fantastic job, all of them. 

Thank you DOTS for the great time! I hope season two will really push through. 

• Like 14

Though I had started fangirling over DOTS quite late, I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for welcoming me warmly :) It's been a while since I last fangirl-ed over a Korean drama (My Girl was the first) and I am so thankful to have been a part of such a wonderful family <3

I guess I'm feeling a bit sad as I see posts about some DOTS fans leaving the thread to move on or to fangirl over other dramas. Huhuhu kajima, guys :( Though the show has ended, we will always have this thread to go back to every once in a while to reminisce the good memories DOTS has brought into our lives. 

Aaaaaand there's still a book and movie release, as well as the OST concert and the international releases. DOTS ain't over till it's over. Hahaha! And though Kim Eun Sook and her co-writer have erased the idea of a DOTS season 2, my heart will continue to hope for it, and that if it pushes through, I also hope that the original cast will be retained. 

So anyway, I will continue lurking in this thread. I see no reason to stop doing so :)

• Like 16

Today I can't watch the epilogue. I save it for some days later to watch.

Just come over here to say: I love you! :wub:

Have a nice time watching and enjoy DOTS!

It's nice to have you here sharing the joy and much interesting information! G9 Troopers!

• Like 6

Just about more than 1 month since the day I started to know about DOTs and I would have never imagined that it could bring an incredible world to me - know that how I can be fangirl like this after 7 years, wait in excitement for the new episode and watch the whole series completely after 10 years and raise my voice in soompi again after 6 years. I love the way DOTs changes my world and create positive connections:

• The bond between cast & crew: Look at the BTS and their updates on hanging out together in real life bring me warm feelings since I believe they have developed a good friendship with each other, not only on screen but also off screen.
  • The connection between DOTs lovers: I will never forget the excited feelings while watching your guys' full of emotions and humorous when doing live recap, as well as how I am deeply touched by your sincere posts and sharing on the characters, combining with the enthusiastic and quick updates, thanks to them, each day of mine becomes much more interesting and happy, truthfully.

I believe it's not the end, it's the beginning of a long term and excited journey, thanks to DOTs, I'm into the movie and story itself with the characters who create deep influence on me, and thanks to DOTs, I've developed feelings and love towards Hye Kyo and Joong Ki as knowing more about their true nature and colors. 

I'm truly looking forward to their upcoming activities, as long as we remember about DOTs, it is being continued. So please visit this thread sometimes, I'll be around here, with a big love for DOTs. :)

• Like 17

Some people above say about: the end, because we watched all the episode?

For me, it can't be the end. Because I know that this beautiful sweet love & love story will be very long time in my heart. I know that I'll watch it again later. 

Anyway I myself want to understand and find peace.Loving crazily    like that seems not ok for me :D 

• Like 9

Thinking out loud once more (because it's so much more fun to be thinking about DotS versus focusing on my work, which is what I should be doing right now . . . shhhh . . .).

Some of my favorite moments in the drama were the parallels drawn between KMY's profession and YSJ's.  Sometimes the parallel was shown in an overt manner.  Like when they'd do side-by-side shots of KMY going about her work and YSJ going about his, or when they'd cut back and forth between scenes of KMY issuing instructions to her team and YSJ to his.  Or, another example, in the last episode, when we saw a new class of physicians taking the Hippocratic oath and a new class of soldiers being sworn in.  I thought moments like those were brilliantly done.  (Good job, PD!)

But at other times, the parallel was a little less obvious.  And now that I'm thinking about it more, I wonder how I missed it.  I'm thinking specifically of the life-threatening virus arc.  At the time, I remember telling my friends, "I know, I know, they've weathered a Middle East conflict, an earthquake, an arms dealer, and now we've got a scary virus added onto the pile."  As much as I was completely sucked in to every single one of those arcs, the more rational side of me also felt like DotS was trying to go BIG or go home in every aspect of its storytelling.  But now, I can also see that it wasn't just the drama trying to pile on more drama for the sake of creating drama.  Instead, I think the purpose of that arc was to illustrate that dangers weren't unique to a soldier's life, and that a doctor's life could be challenged at any time as well.  I do remember appreciating at the time of my initial viewing that this time, it was the men who had to sit helplessly on the sideline as they waited for information and outcomes.  But now looking at the drama as a whole, I can also see more clearly just how important that arc was to the story.

Two other scenes I really loved in DotS was: 1) YSJ shooting at Argus with tears in his eyes, and 2) YSJ shedding more tears over his last photo with Argus and then setting it aflame, saying his final farewells to that friendship.  I think that was a turning point for KMY.  In the second episode, she'd challenged him about ending lives when her purpose was to save lives.  In episode 12, I think she really came to understand that sometimes it's necessary to kill.  But even then, it's not an easy thing to do.  How could she not fall more in love with YSJ in that moment?

As I said a few days ago, I think it's moments like these that really helped KMY come to grips with her relationship with YSJ (which was the real conflict of the drama).  I also think it helped her understand that, at the end of the day, they weren't so different from one another after all.

Anyhoo . . . thoughts over.  Back to work.  Can't wait to go home and watch all the BTS clips that you've all been going giddy over today.  :)

• Like 22

Wow!!!  I am more glad to see how comfortable SHK and SJK were starting from the script-reading.  Their chemistry is really exploding!!  I guess that's one of the reasons this drama became a big success.  Loved all their BTS - very few were taken off the actual drama.

I've watched quite a few of SHK dramas and one movie (The Queens) and I would say her role in DOTS is exceptional.  She was all-straight drama actress in AIMH (with Song Seung Hyun and Won Bin); a little upbeat on Full House (I didn't like her pairing with Bi) and a sophisticated lady in The Queens.  In DOTS, she was able to prove she can make us cry and make us laugh too.  And I really admire her and SJK's chemistry in acting as well.

• Like 19

20160423001059_page.jpg20160422234654_page.jpg

dispatch

======================================

[Collectible Release] "Descendants of the Sun" Photo & Music Book and Photo Essay

2016/04/22

photo717010.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" Photo & Music Book and Photo Essay have just been released on YESASIA.

Photo & Music Book

Spoiler

photo717006.jpg

photo717007.jpg

photo717008.jpg

photo717009.jpg

Order from YESASIA

------

http://www.hancinema.net/collectible-release-descendants-of-the-sun-photo--music-book-and-photo-essay-93747.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 21

Dan Gyeol!!!!!!!

D.A.E.B.A.K

just watching first 10 minutes of episode special ep 3, the BTS episode special i am already cracking laugh....oh my god, it just early morning here but i already have big laugh and really cant stop laughing.....why are the BTS looks so cute and funny....arrrggggghhhhhh it will make more difficult to move on really/....

nowadays, i really really really realized that i have big crush to song joongki have a soft spot to him since a long long long long time ago...and i adore him more more more and more now....this man really have never ending charms for me...lemme list you to my bias list and maybe ill kicked out one of my bias...lets see...hahahahahahaha...you really a good actor and a good man with great personality in real life...my crush on you really grows bigger bigger and bigger....thank you for become amazing captain yoo sijin....yoo sijin wont be the same without you

and jingoo....its really right that i adore you since the first time i saw you last year...yeah it just last year i know you from northern line limit movie, and i cried so much because of you.....finally this is the day you are shinning because of DOTS....its nice to see you have this popularity because you deserved it....your acting it just awesome...thanks for letting me know you...

i will add may thank you later....i just wont to say goodbye right now....i want to do it step by step..and thats will be really difficult T.T

but yeah maybe DOTS already ended in TV.....but in my screen, in my laptop... it will life a long time...such a special drama for me..such a great experience for 3 months with dots...this drama really left special marks on my heart..ah i just love this drama with all its flaws....with all its strength....come on no perfect dramas in kdramas too...its just full of flaws...but at least with a little love can make a change...

goodbye and thank you DOTS.....this is just a goodbye from airing in TV...but not my real goodbye to this drama...

okay lemme continue watching the rest of special episode.....

• Like 12