[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

dotsdirectorscutsurvey.jpg

Hello~

The Korean fans are currently estimating the demand for Descendants of the Sun's Director's Cut Blu-ray/DVD. If you're interested, please participate in their survey!! The more participants there are, the more likely the director's cut will get produced!

http://me2.do/GaO38SZd

Thank you!

• Like 18

Special program on 'Descendants of the Sun' beats rival shows

SEOUL, April 21 (Yonhap) -- A TV special compiling the highlights from the runaway hit drama "Descendants of the Sun" has outperformed ongoing TV series aired in the same time slot, data showed Thursday.

The first episode of the three-part special broadcast Wednesday night gained 17.7 percent in viewership, more than double the second-most viewed show, "Goodbye, Mr. Black," at 8.1 percent, data by Nielsen Korea showed.

In Seoul, the special was viewed by 20.8 percent of the TV-watching population.

The KBS 2TV series starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo concluded with 38.8 percent last week, just 1.2 percentage points shy of the 40 percent milestone.

The remaining two episodes in the special will air at 10 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.

Meanwhile, SBS's "Entertainer," which premiered Wednesday, garnered only 6.2 percent of TV viewers.

A scene from the KBS 2TV series "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

• Like 17

As much as I would love to see the reunion of WB and SHK..I don't think there could be a better actor who could play the role of YSJ other than SJK(I'm not biased because I'm speaking as a non-fan). He's just perfect. After watching him in DotS..I really admire how he brought the character to life. He totally deserves everything he has now..the guy is too talented. And who can deny the amazing chemistry he has with SHK? :wub:

@giragira SHK is quite selective when choosing projects. She can be busy if she wants to (as someone mentioned before). But still, it'll be nice if we can see more of her. :)

• Like 15

Can I just say that SHK looked so beautiful in that latest photoshoot of hers <3 My goodness, she was already so beautiful in DOTS, but had her hair been longer during the filming of the drama, I'd be swooning. Hahaha! 

I do hope that she and SJK have another project in the future, just like Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Ji Woo, as well as Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae. I'm sure we'd love to see our favorite Song-Song couple in another drama, but of course, DOTS will always be number one in our hearts. 

• Like 13

Wow daebak! Even the special - recap gain that high rating? It's Unbelievable, well done DOTS.

Even though I knew it's only recap, I still watched it and fell in love with SJ and MY all over again. My eyes glued to the screen the entire time. How beautiful these two, when they show the reunion after the earthquake I got teary eyes again, I wacthed the episodes countless times already. 

I will still watch tonight special :D 

Thanks so much @smiletall for the interview translation. So it's true that the writer adjusted KMY character after she met SHK, after she saw her bright and cheerful side she decided to add that to her character, I love it. She is badass, straighforward, no pretention and no nonsense type of girl which is so very different from the usual kdrama leading lady. And I am thankful and happy for that. I hope SHK can do more diverse and challenging roles in the future.

• Like 22

And I still can't believe even the special beats the other two stations, one is a new drama, I am so proud of uri drama.

And honestly, up until now I can't find myself watching another drama, yet. I want to try but always end up re-watching DOTS, so yeah... It may takes quite sometimes for me. Maybe after few months? LOL

• Like 15

12 hours ago, kokodus said:

I just love the way these two look at each other

YSJ has this special way of looking at her. My heart flutters along with KMY whenever he looks at her lovingly.:wub:

You make me fall in love again, watching the pictures you post :wub:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, angelicXD said:

SJK has that boyish yet manly charm that's why the role worksarrow-10x10.png for him. He doesn't makearrow-10x10.png the character overbearing.. He could act serious and yet a jokester in one scene. His eyes come alive when he's playful with KMY or anyone in this drama. His eyes really speak. 

Won Bin is really good looking! If he was younger, I would say it worksarrow-10x10.png because he could play the boyish charming playboy style similar to Autumn in my Heart. But due to him being older now, SJK is going to be above him in the age and young look. 

I think SJK is actually tan. I dont know if they have to recolor him but he actually looks tan compared to SHK. It's the lighting that makesarrow-10x10.png him lighter than he is. 

I don't know how the other actors will act in this role as everyone has different acting style. However, SJK has show us that the way he portrays YSJ has capture ladies heart. Those cheesy lines he makesarrow-10x10.png them sounds romantic. 

His boyish look with his serious deep voice is one of the highlight as YSJ. 

Also, regarding they did it or not in DOTS. I would think the way they wrote the characters, seems like they did it. Cuz YSJ was craving and begging for it. I think i read it somewhere or someone told me that a if a guy got it once, they will crave for more. Lol! And he keeps saying how he was stuck with crew cut men for too long. Unless they just meant the innocent makeout and nothing further than that. So YSJ just want a kissing session? In my mind i dont think they did it, but the way it was portray, it makes it sounds like they did it because YSJ keeps begging and referencing it.

i agree with you.....his boyish style,eyes and voice is the main point of SJK charm to highlight YSJ character....i really like his voice since nice guy.

:blush::heart:

• Like 8

DOTS OST Tracks gifs.  Do you have a favourite track you like? Or you just like every single one just the same.

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo1_500.gif

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo2_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo4_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo8_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo7_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo9_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo3_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo10_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo6_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o5rhptjbMg1vqm9zzo5_500.gif

cr daewolpeu.tumblr.com

• Like 23

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

I just finished watching the first special and oh my, the feels.  I thought the production team did a great job in their selections of scenes to highlight and in weaving them together to tell a shortened version of the drama.  If anything, I thought the special did a really good job of extrapolating what the real conflict of DotS was about. 

Ever since DotS ended, I've been reading reviews, blogs, comments, etc., complaining that the drama didn't do "more" with its high stakes portions, that the drama didn't delve deep enough into the psyche of Argus, that all the conflicts they encountered in Uruk became nothing more than window dressings, and etc.  While I can't say any of those comments are inaccurate, per se, I do feel like they sort of miss the real conflict of the drama -- which wasn't all the dangers they encountered in Uruk, but rather KMY's insecurity over whether she could handle a relationship with someone like YSJ.

That means it really wasn't necessary for us to know why Argus decided to become a mercenary or know more about the political conflicts the Korean military found themselves battling throughout the course of the drama, and so on.  Rather, the real purpose of those scenes was for KMY to experience the dangers herself and see how YSJ handled those situations and weathered the storm.  While it might have made it seem like they were random events cobbled together to tell a story, they weren't actually random in the sense that through each event, KMY was able to better understand YSJ, his choice of profession, what his values stood for, and why he couldn't always be as open and honest with her as she hoped.

Simply put, at the end of the day, DotS was a love story -- a beautiful, grand sweeping love story -- and I thought tonight's special did a wonderful job of highlighting that.  I look forward to tomorrow's special and reliving more memories.  It's amazing how I can have watched each episode multiple times already but still find new perspectives to consider when I'm watching a scene for the zillionth time.  Is it any wonder I'm so in love with this drama?  :wub: 

^ This *stands up and claps*. I guess we can't really blame some viewers for wanting a deeper storyline, though, since it must mean that DOTS was really good for them to want more. Although DOTS was a love story, it had comedy, drama, action and even suspense elements to it, so probably the fans who wanted more depth to the storyline (like Argus being a mercenary or the political conflicts in the Korean military) wasn't solely focused on the SJ/MY-DY/MJ love line. Though we've got to admit that the love line was one of the main reasons why we stayed with DOTS until the very end. Hahaha!

• Like 16

The LAST episode of ‪#‎DOTS‬ on ‪#‎KBSWorld‬ tonight...!!! 
‪#‎SongSongCouple‬ ‪#‎FistBump‬ ‪#‎SoCuteTogether‬

KBS World

200.gif

-------------------------------------------

Photo from allkdrama

c as labeled

Spoiler

태후 스페셜 1

태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1 태후 스페셜 1

http://office.kbs.co.kr/mylovekbs/archives/242646

y0yLCpr.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=191523

==========================================================================

Would Song Hye Kyo date Yoo Si Jin in real life?

By yckim124   

song-hye-kyo_1461189923_af_org.jpg

On April 20, at the press conference following the end of KBS drama 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Hye Kyo was asked about lead male character Yoo Si Jin. 

A reporters asked, "Would you be able to date Yoo Si Jin if he exists in real life?" 

Song Hye Kyo then answered, "I'd have to think about it... If it happened in reality then I think I would be afraid. He would have to give me trust, and I'd have to think hard for a long time before I decide to date him."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/would-song-hye-kyo-date-yoo-si-jin-in-real-life

• Like 20

I'm happy that HyeKyo gave a Q&A interview like JoongKi. It's always lovely to hear her thoughts and I'm glad she has gain many more friendships through DOTS. She's wise, humble and honest with her answers and yes privacy is still very important to her so don't expect her to give a detailed account of her private life. Privacy is something worth protecting.

Why she is reluctant to expose her private life.....

I agree with the title of this article - they have amazing chemistry and JoongKi is her "perfect male lead", I cannot think of a better actor to act as Yoo Si Jin.....

Song Hye-kyo calls Song Joong-ki the 'perfect male lead'

20160421-VIU-DOTS.jpg?itok=S65yDh81&time

Actress Song Hye-kyo said she thoroughly enjoyed filming alongside actor Song Joong-ki and called him the "perfect male lead."

"When I read the script for 'Descendants,' I thought that the male lead would have to do a really good job for the drama to succeed," said the actress, who recently starred as the vivacious Dr. Kang Mo-yeon in the smash-hit TV drama "Descendants of the Sun," at a press conference Wednesday."Song Joong-ki did such a good job at achieving that difficult task, and made (the character Yoo Shi-jin) charming. I would sometimes get jittery acting alongside him.

"I've been in the industry for quite a while now, and I see a lot of junior actors who aren't like him. (Song) works hard at whatever he does, even with all his fame. ... He did everything a male lead should do perfectly. He is a great guy," she told reporters at the Four Seasons Hotel in northern Seoul. It has been almost 20 years since Song Hye-kyo debuted on the small screen. She has been lauded not only for her delicate features and petite frame, but also her detailed emotional portrayal; acting, however, is still a "stressful" and "difficult" process for her.

"When I was younger, I used to think that if I got a lot of experience and entered my 30s, acting would become easier," she said. "But it hasn't been like that at all. Acting is still so hard and I think it will continue to be so. Even now, I get nervous every time I start a new series."Viewers have praised, often enviously, the 34-year-old actress for sparking excellent chemistry with her fellow actors. She's starred alongside a heart-throbbing roster of Korea's most coveted male actors, including Song Seung-heon, Won Bin, Rain, Hyun Bin and most recently, Song Joong-ki.

"I try to focus on the person I'm acting with and immerse myself in the scene in order to portray the emotions," she said. "I think I was able to have good chemistry with male leads because the rhythm between the actors and me fell into place, and because the directors and staff did a good job at capturing that rhythm."

doo@heraldcorp.com

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/song-hye-kyo-calls-song-joong-ki-perfect-male-lead#sthash.NdqulQVg.dpuf

12930697_1336891196327341_1873905780_n.j

Spoiler

12501884_1675233972737728_656149209_n.jp

Spoiler

Photo from songhyekyozone

crto via songhyekyozone IG

• Like 23

Descendants of the Sun: Hye-kyo reveals Song Joong-ki’s other side

Descendants of the Sun star Song Hye-kyo has opened up on the megahit drama, sharing some of her personal thoughts and tackling some critical questions.

“He (Song Joong-ki) is younger than me, but I thought I found many things to learn from him. He did his job perfectly in the drama, and he is such a great person,” Song Hye-kyo said on Wednesday. “Song Joong-ki is known for his sincerity and manners. Although there were difficult scenes including the earthquake, Song was the same all the time. The total shooting period for the drama was nearly double that of other dramas. For the whole six months, Song could have been edgy and lose his temper, but he didn’t,” she was quoted as saying.

At a time when Descendants of the Sun hero Song Joong-ki has expressed his wish to get married (read the report here), Hye-kyo reinstated that her heart did flutter for the lead actor. “Song Joong-ki played his role so attractively, which even made my heart flutter,” said Song, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Seoul. “After I finished filming in December, when the drama was aired, I watched it as a viewer and fell for his charms. After all, I’m really happy that the drama ended well.”

While the military-romance Korean drama ended last Thursday, a special three-part series is set to be aired this week. The special episodes will feature highlights and behind-the-scene footage (To learn more about the special episodes, click here) and it is still a hot topic trending online. Descendants of the Sun has been a sweeping success across Asia.

The drama was filmed to the last scene in advance and Hye-kyo revealed that she personally liked the ending. “Since it was a drama, I think it is acceptable to have such a thing. Screenwriter Kim Eun-sook said that Kang was the first heroine she wrote about who had such a straight talking and confident manner. Before I met with Kim, the character had not been entirely shaped. When Kim met me and saw my bright side, she retouched the script and that was what created the character Kang.”

Hye-kyo’s revelations about the other and unknown sides of Song Joong-ki behind the scenes add fuel to the fire that’s already spreading about the closeness of the Song-Song couple. Her statements such as “I fell for his charms”, “I’m really happy that the drama ended well”, and “Song Joong-ki… made my heart flutter” more than anything reveal her fondness for the lead actor. Will a sequel to the super-hit series (read about the speculated sequel here) bring both of them together again is something that their fan will have to wait and watch!

http://atimes.com/2016/04/descendants-of-the-sun-hye-kyo-reveals-song-joong-kis-other-side/

• Like 18

‘Descendants of the Sun’ special tops ratings

The special episode of “Descendants of the Sun” attracted 17.7 percent viewership nationwide, proving its unceasing popularity even after the drama’s finale last week.

The first of a three-part special went air on Wednesday evening. It recreated the 16-episode series into hour-long section, mainly focusing on the love story between the protagonists Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo. 

The episode beat the competitors in the same time slot. MBC drama “Goodbye, Mr. Black” gained 8.1 percent viewership while the first episode of SBS drama “Entertainer” kicked off with less-than-satisfactory 6.2 percent.

The other two special episodes will air at 10 p.m. on Thursday and 9:35 p.m. on Friday, which will contain behind-the-scenes clips of the drama. 

KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired from February to April, successfully wrapped up last week, with the final episode reaching a record 38.8 percent viewership. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604211356488034390_2

• Like 14