[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

ARGH.....tough call. After much thought, I say YSJ looks best in the desert scene. Right, chingus???

Seriously, after rewatching a few times, he looked like he was filming some CF. I am totally digging the dirty n rugged look. 

@Ohsh YSJ in the beige army uniform is also one of my favourites. With the rolled up sleeves and his hands on his waist. Yupe! Total alpha male. Ah, and that watch on his wrist. It's gives a masculine feel about it. LOL! And also, high five on his short hair. It suits him so much better than his previous flower boy look. 

@IrisFM You are welcome! I am glad we don't just like the drama because of goodlooking actors or actresses (though it's a bonus), but we actually appreciate the writing, cinematography, directing etc. It annoys me to no end when people just like the drama because of the actor's good looks. It's a waste when you could not see also the meaning n theme or etc of it.

• Like 15

knock knock knock...everyone still here right?right?right???none left this thread already????

finally i watched the last 3 episode today...even watch it twice already!!!!!hahahahahahaha....this is the feeling of watching drama that i always looking for....that always i miss...i rarely meet a drama like this in my history though i already watch more than 130 kdramas in my life...yeah i rarely meet a drama with a good starting and great happy ending like this without being bored in the middle...i even forget the last time i got watch a drama like that...but now i found it....chajatttaaaaa....dots hmmm...standing ovation for you....clap clap clap...

yeah usually i a bit dislike to drama that too popular...like i didnt like the hype from my love from another star(mian for the fans) and etc..but this drama really different..maybe everyone here already anticipated and exicted since this drama filming last year...but i never anticipated this drama before, and yeah like okay i will watch SJK drama comeback without any hope or any expectation...THEN i was late maybe but i think that my advantage too...i just started my hype,..my exictment...my expectation in the 1st episode...and that hypereally last long even until today...i am really ready to re watch since ep1...watch it in KBS world again....without being bored...yeah because i am still that exicted...GOSH THIS DRAMA REALLY COMPLETE PACKAGE for me...

in my real life maybe i am the one that spazz alot about this drama, but in this thread no...i am not alone...looks we already had 990 pages...10 pages to 1000 even our thread views is almost 2,000.000 views....wow...yeah i am really really in the middle of ppl that love this drama so much...newbie or not in kdrama because of dots, in my eyes we are just the same...the DOTS LOVERS TROPPERS.....and we enjoying this drama so much...

in the 16 hours DOTS journey...i always enjoying every minute...every seconds....love every scene too...even i forgive about the PPL too..this drama, this great drama wont airing, we wont see it if there is no ppl..no adv....love all the characters that rarely happen in a drama, even the antagonist one didnt make me feels frustrated like other dramas,,and this drama also show that enemy can be a friends and friends can be enemy too...everyone use to be a kind ppl in this drama,,and so far i can say that this drama full of protagonist characters...i really really will miss all characters in this drama...

after this drama wine never be the same again...many things will never be the same again in my views..like umbrella scene, this scene i wont never forget....and even dumb dumb song too....this song never be the same again when i listen it...all i can imagine is army fanchant, SDY dance, SJK and all army fanboying...hahahahaha....

i  cant wait to see the special episode...even just watch the bts picture in the ending ep 16 already makes me teared and i really really want to see more...yeah...dots main story maybe already ended but the side stories, we still will see it next week...yeah yeah yeah... #dotsfeverisntcureyet #dotswillhasspecialplaceinmyhear #dotsdaebak #iwontmoveonfromDOTSyet #iwillmissalphateamsomuch #iwillmisssongsongcouple #nissgoowooncouple #misseveryonein DOTS #iwillstillcometothistreaduntilimoveon

• Like 19

just wanted to share a little story..so i was trying to convince my mom to start watching DOTS around the time episode 4 came out, and she refused and refused until i kept telling her how great the ratings were and how popular the drama was getting. so she watched until ep 7? and told me that the show wasn't interesting and it was mediocre. for the last two days, she's been watching every single episode in secret (bc she doesn't want me to know about her sudden love for the show:D) and right now, shes having a conversation with my dad about how good the show was/how handsome SJK is/how great SHK's acting was kekeke THIS, is the true power of DOTS. it made a non-korean drama fan become obsessed. Thank you DOTS, my parents officially love everything about the drama :wub::P:glasses:

• Like 23

@IrisFM  ohh..so hard to pick one or two or event three!

My picks would be the one when he wore army uniform with full gear and when he wore white shirt.  I agree with @kokodus that it should be illegal for him to wear white. He's so dazzling, my heart goes weak instantly. I remember seeing his photos when he returned to Korea from HK. Oh My dear GOD, he was so damn FINE! :heart: 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, IrisFM said:

Different images of Captain now Major YSJ....which one do you like

Hide contents

Hide contents

@thepixies KMY and YSJ are now my favourite Korean female and male characters after watching DOTS.

@gilaswan YSJ is sly and pervy but very respectful to KMY. She is just hard to get and that just makes it more intriguing and exciting for their relationship. Before the reunion at shipwreck beach, I don't think he has crossed the line with her yet but after the romantic night and promise they made who knows where that French-kissing take them.....

Hide contents

She said "NOT NOW"

@CatWhiskers You're welcome and thanks for your insights. YSJ is an opportunistic and he doesn't give up easily even though how many times she dumped him.

cr madisonyork.tumblr.com (gifs &image)

@IrisFM Ack!!! So much hotness!! I like them all!! 

• Like 9

Although it's not rush hour in this topic now, because the last episode is already issued, but no problem, my heart need to show :) my love. Until now, it has much free time to show (not busy with rewatching the drama endless) :D

- So, the one and only scene in this drama that makes me cry is when MY recalls her oath, after the earthquake. MY seems to awake, realize her beautiful self with so much love for others. To her, helping other people is sacred. I usually cry when I see the compassion in other people. Don't laugh at me :) , it's like that.

- I admire how SHK acts in this below scene. Her face shows the feeling of a woman in love, so womanly. I feel as if she says to SJ that "I am yours" and she let everything flow, no more feeling holding back.

Sorry that I don't know how to post a moving picture, so that you can understand what I say and enjoy the scene again. I just try so post a picture the 1st time.

http://i66.-/juv0xk.jpg[/IMG]

juv0xk.jpg

- The next scene that I love is this below one.

It's the combination of:

+ the interesting idea of the writer that SJ uses his gun to look at MY (only the solder who is very used to with guns can do it), it's funny and special, isn't it?

+ the acting of SJ, he looks so cute there, on the 9th cloud after the kisses last night, his voice "my target is too pretty" vibrates lovely and humorously :D

+ the music, the song begins "how can I stay with you" at the right and romantic point of time :D

http://i67.-/21ak29w.jpg[/IMG]

The drama brings to us the vibration between the 2 situations of so much worry & so much love. The more we are sad when SJ is thought to be died, the more we are happy when he appears healthy, still alive back again :)

I rewatch the so much love scenes many times. They bring to us the sweet feelings. And I think that we live in love when we watch this drama.

Thank you, the drama producing group!

And thanks all of you here! It's the 1st time that I attend Soompi. With you here, the watching journey is more interesting, more insane & funny :)

• Like 21

2 hours ago, IrisFM said:

Different images of Captain now Major YSJ....which one do you like?

Hide contents

Hide contents

@thepixies KMY and YSJ are now my favourite Korean female and male characters after watching DOTS.

@gilaswan YSJ is sly and pervy but very respectful to KMY. She is just hard to get and that just makes it more intriguing and exciting for their relationship. Before the reunion at shipwreck beach, I don't think he has crossed the line with her yet but after the romantic night and promise they made who knows where that French-kissing take them.....

Reveal hidden contents

She said "NOT NOW"

tumblr_o5q9bqYHsF1tmjt2ko5_400.gif

@CatWhiskers You're welcome and thanks for your insights. YSJ is an opportunistic and he doesn't give up easily even though how many times she dumped him.

cr madisonyork.tumblr.com (gifs &image)

such a difficult question ... if we really have to pick, I prefer the one when he's back from hell ... no one can back from hell as hot as he is  :sweat_smile:

and I agree with @kokodus it's illegal for him to wear white shirt, too much for the heart :wub:

I can't do this, I have a change of heart everytime I see him, he looks extremely handsome in everything, give up :phew:

• Like 13

Another 9 pages to 1000... Worry not chingu @kokodus. By the time specials aired, we might reach 1000 because everyone find it hard to say goodbye to DOTS. still so much to talk about, to remember, to rewatch, to fangirling, to reminisce, etc etc. I haven't marathon all the 16episodes in one go. I'll try to do it when i have too much free time (when will it be? Sigh...)

• Like 16

The BEST moments of the final episode of ‘Descendants of the Sun’

76836-414526.jpg Descendants of the Sun

Drama ‘Descendants of the Sun‘ aired its final episode on April 14 and many of us has the mixed feelings.

We are happy for the ending but sad to say goodbye to the Song-Song couple, Goo-Won couple and others in the drama.

So, let’s bring you back to the best moments of the final episode of the drama.

The happiest moment to see Seo Dae Yeong and Yoo Shin Jin were alive.

Seo Dae Yeong Seo Dae Yeong Yoo Shi Jin Yoo Shi Jin

The best expression of the doctors when they saw Yoo Shi Jin. That day supposed to be Yoo Shi Jin’s death anniversary.

The doctors's expression ㅋㅋ The doctors’ expression ㅋㅋ

The best mission ever for the armies! The army’s chanting and dance movement are the best. *thumbs up!

The Army fans The Army fans The fan-boys The fan-boys

Of course, not to forget the couples’ sweet kissing scenes.

The lovey-dovey scenes The lovey-dovey scenes

For my opinion, these are the best moments for the final episode. What’s yours?

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/04/17/the-best-moments-of-the-final-episode-of-descendants-of-the-sun/

.i really liked the 2 couples kissing scenes...

• Like 20

Random post. I've seen the foundation or make up of actors  ( including females as actors here) here. I mean on Kdramas. Pimples and all.

Surely both SJK and SHK. Or even KJW can have such flawless skin. Unless pre production editing was that good. Even Kim Tae Hee had crow's feet when she smiles in her dramas. But the 2 leads here are basically flawless.

For fans who see them or follow the actors outside of this drama - is it real?

I haven't rewatched ep 15 and 16 at 100% subbed yet. But have to say repeated the memorial table eating scene a few times. Made me laughed so much because it being back memories of all the ghost stories I've heard. When I was young I remembered thinking why do the adults lay the food out. No one is going to eat it. Will they?

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Random post. I've seen the foundation or make up of actors  ( including females as actors here) here. I mean on Kdramas. Pimples and all.

Surely both SJK and SHK. Or even KJW can have such flawless skin. Unless pre production editing was that good. Even Kim Tae Hee had crow's feet when she smiles in her dramas. But the 2 leads here are basically flawless.

For fans who see them or follow the actors outside of this drama - is it real?

I haven't rewatched ep 15 and 16 at 100% subbed yet. But have to say repeated the memorial table eating scene a few times. Made me laughed so much because it being back memories of all the ghost stories I've heard. When I was young I remembered thinking why do the adults lay the food out. No one is going to eat it. Will they?

Maybe editing, who knows.  I don't recall seeing any pimples and you usually do lol.   Though you could see KJW's foundation run sometimes when she cried, and it appeared heavy at times? I keep thinking back to GooWon's first airport scene when DY was leaving, thinking they should lay off her makeup (since she's young and pretty, doesn't need it and a solider).   Later on it was better though, like when she was in the hospital and she looked better and more natural.  Everyone in the drama is pretty though so I guess that helps. 

But SJK and SHK are just flawless people I think. :P SHK cried and cried and you never saw her makeup run.   I'm not sure that's just post editing or just them having great skin, which both are famous for.   Have you seen TWTWB or Nice Guy?  Full of flawless closeups.   

• Like 13

‘Descendants of the Sun’ finale draws huge ratings

Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo in the final episode of “Descendants of the Sun” (screen grab from video owned by KBS)

The Korean drama “Descendants of the Sun” aired its finale Thursday night, drawing record ratings in Korea.

“Descendants of the Sun” bid viewers goodbye with its 16th and final episode, which garnered 38.8 percent rating nationwide to place No. 1 overall, according to Nielsen Korea. A total of 5.28 million Korean households watched the finale.

This is higher by 4 percent compared to the 34.8 percent rating earned by the show’s 15th episode on April 13.

In the metropolitan area, the drama’s finale got 41.6 percent with 3.43 million households tuning in.

The series, which starred Song Joong-ki as a soldier, and Song Hye-kyo as a doctor, aired its pilot on Feb. 24.

By episode 5, the drama became No.1 and held on to the top spot until the finale.

The drama aired simultaneously in China via the video streaming site iQIYI where it garnered an average of 2.5 billion views per episode, according to a report by Chinese media. iQIYI paid $250,000 per episode of the show.

On Weibo, “Descendants of the Sun” became the most-searched topic with 12.16 billion searches as of April 15.

Song Joong-ki shot to stardom because of the drama and companies have been scrambling to sign him up as endorser.

On Thursday, Jeju Air announced that the actor will be its new endorser. Past endorsers include Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Min Ho.

• Like 16

Unpopular thought  here: I think from the storytelling and plot this drama is certainly not the best out there. There are way too many loopholes and straight up unrealistic portrayal; I mean, how do you explain YSJ keep surviving despite being killed over and over again? Lol. I especially dislike the latter episodes just because there are SO MUCH product placements and unnecessary scenes involved. I wish they would be more clever in putting product placements within the story rather than bending the story so certain products can be featured. But nevertheless, I still enjoy this drama mainly because of SJK and SHK. They're flawless like are they gods or something? I really like how they went full force on SJK charms in ep. 16 and he looked SO FINE in every single scene. No kidding. I enjoy the 2nd loveline as well. I really enjoy the army and the medical jokes in here, they're so fun! I'm catching up with SJK past projects next week xD

• Like 5