[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, QuynhT said:

Annyeong chingudeul :D

It's been so long since I'm on Soompi again (last time was MLFTS...let's just say my life wasn't the same after that). But this drama has been beyond awesome! 

Have anyone thought about the title and its meaning?? I've always thought it's a very interesting one...maybe give us some glue into how the outcome would be :P

At this point i'm so desperate for any kind of ending that don't end in bloodshed (unless it's Argus and Jin..)

I believe this was discussed earlier some few pages back.  We all know the meaning of the word Descendant and the word Sun refers to a Greek myth called Apollo - the healer and the protector.  KMY, as the doctor is the healer, nd YSJ as the soldier is the protector.  

• Like 8

'Descendants of the Sun' Ratings Keep Soaring

photo705856.jpg

The ratings of juggernaut KBS series "Descendants of the Sun" hit 30.4 percent on Wednesday according to Nielsen Korea.

The last time a TV series' ratings surpassed 30 percent was MBC drama "The Sun and teh Moon" in 2012.

photo705855.jpg

The series' accumulated views on China's Iqiyi.com, which exclusively streams the Korean drama, surpassed 4.3 billion on Thursday.

http://www.hancinema.net/-descendants-of-the-sun-ratings-keep-soaring-92768.html

• Like 15

23 hours ago, pranx said:

Question to all doctors, would-be-doctors, happen-to-know-doctors on this forum. 

How often does this "blood squirting onto the operating surgeon" happen in real life? I see it quite often in Korean dramas.

It happens a lot of times and not only on operating tables.  The transmission of infection through body flyids to a mucous membrane.  If we are splashed on any body fluids in the eyes, we immediately wash off and we have to take blood tests or sometimes even take antibiotics as prophylaxis.

ive just watched ep10... So its influenze... Also known as flu virus.  There is no real M type... So its a made up clssification.... The worst type of flu virus is the h1n1 or avian/bird's flu... They are transmitted im air droplets or direct contact but not blood though.  Rhey classified M3 to nearly similar to ebola but lesser evil... So i ferl like their M3 type is a mutated virus of influenza and ebola... Ebola on the other hand can be transmitted with any body fluids which includes bloods.. Thus it goes with the squirting into the eyes... Looking at the manager's symptoms its more i clined to the ebola virus strain but will present symptoms of severe influenza

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, viyra said:

I believe this was discussed earlier some few pages back.  We all known he meaning of the word Descendant and the word Sun refers to a Greek myth called Apollo - the healer and the protector.  KMY, as the doctor is the healer, nd YSJ as the soldier is the protector.  

Thank you :) that makes it pretty awesome they filmed this in Greece too... 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Sara Pająk said:

does anyone knows where i can find this 8 minutes long preview? ;) i'm looking for it everywhere and i can't find it;(

KBS released it during a PressCon only accessible to news reporters journos and some other people. The only version we have is a FB  low quality link 
Here it is!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1118194558200088&id=171137272905826&_rdr

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, missandrea said:

I thought this was funny, although I am not a gamer, I find this rather hilarious. Note that all of these are guys! HA! 

lmao which country is this? i remember there's a sexist comment before at dramabeans said that this drama is shallow and only girls will like it. hello? who said so?

or those guys who watch this are the romantic types hahaha

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, enzek said:

lmao which country is this? i remember there's a sexist comment before at dramabeans said that this drama is shallow and only girls will like it. hello? who said so?

or those guys who watch this are the romantic types hahaha

I know right!? Who would've thought?! Haha. There's no doubt now that even guys are in to DOTS! Anyway, it's a random find on IG. I'm not sure which country is this. But there's a poster on the side that looks like some Thai or Vietnamese writing. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, maplekist said:

It happens a lot of times and not only on operating tables.  The transmission of infection through body flyids to a mucous membrane.  If we are splashed on any body fluids in the eyes, we immediately wash off and we have to take blood tests or sometimes even take antibiotics as prophylaxis.

ive just watched ep10... So its influenze... Also known as flu virus.  There is no real M type... So its a made up clssification.... The worst type of flu virus is the h1n1 or avian/bird's flu... They are transmitted im air droplets or direct contact but not blood though.  Rhey classified M3 to nearly similar to ebola but lesser evil... So i ferl like their M3 type is a mutated virus of influenza and ebola... Ebola on the other hand can be transmitted with any body fluids which includes bloods.. Thus it goes with the squirting into the eyes... Looking at the manager's symptoms its more i clined to the ebola virus strain but will present symptoms of severe influenza

I like the post..... I even look for what is M3 virus on google ahahahahhaha..... The conflict is getting tensed by the episodes near to the end...and somehow i fell KMY abduction not the climax conflict there will be another greater conflict maybe requires one of them face Very difficult situation ever in episode history.... 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

So looking at all the teasers, images, etc. this is a list of important scenes I have come up with that have not aired yet to keep my sanity and try to make some predictions . Feel free to add! :phew:

• Kidnapping scene 
  • YSJ burning a photo in a black outfit (gives me funeral vibes)
  • Terrace kiss :wub:
  • Rooftop stretcher scene with KMY at Haesung 
  • Camping Scene (? I am basing this on a picture so not too sure)
  • YSJ and SDY in black suits looking like bodyguards
  • KMY coloring with children  while wearing white top (looks very epilogue-like)
  • MJ crying outside a building in army outfit 
  • There is a scene of all of YSJ's stuff on his bed (army things) in some music video
  • SDY and YSJ's Temptation of the Wolves scene 
  • KMY + medical team in airport with her in sweats (a weird outfit her)
  • An outdoor dinner scene involving the soldiers and medical team in Uruk (was behind SDY in a BTS video)
  • MJ and SDY at the army base wearing darker outfits 
  • Onew holding someone down on a bed in a dark room in scrubs and face mask (scene in ep 11 preview)

I remember there was a posted pic of our 4 leads in a cafe (can't find the pic). Counted?

Not sure if it is a BTS or an actual scene?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, missandrea said:

I know right!? Who would've thought?! Haha. There's no doubt now that even guys are in to DOTS! Anyway, it's a random find on IG. I'm not sure which country is this. But there's a poster on the side that looks like some Thai or Vietnamese writing. 

It is Vietnamese writing. DOTS is famous there too

Question - in Ep 10 just before the ramen, MY quoted "I just do what I can when I can." and asked SJ if he remembered who said that. So, what was the answer? Who said that? Was it SJ himself in earlier episodes?

• Like 4

I think our 4 leads in the cafe is at the end. The reunion kiss is probably after MY got rescued and if there is a "noble idiocy" going on with YSJ. Probably the kiss was MY telling YSJ to get over it. 

I hope the kiss is not at the end. I was hoping they get over the "noble idiocy" (again if there is one) so they can have more kisses and hugs and skinship.:phew::phew:

• Like 5