[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Guest Tinkiebell

I’m not a geologist, so correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t aftershocks occur with most earthquakes, especially the big ones, and even more so, bigger earthquakes usually have more and larger aftershocks?

Maybe we'll see aftershocks occurring in episode 7/8, and that is how YSJ will be trapped in the underground ruins (while trying to save the trapped workers' lives).

And Daddy Yoon better give his daughter his full blessings after dispatching SDY back to Urk on purpose, just because he knows SDY is the only person who would risk his life saving YMJ.

22 minutes ago, jl08 said:

A relationship is for keeps because it needs both parties to invest in it. Therefore, one has a choice. There is no right or wrong choice. It's up to the individual. If one party makes a decision after weighing all probabilities, it's her decision. She has a choice not to accept a guy who is shrouded in secrecy. Nothing wrong with that. Must we please others to accept somebody we're not comfortable with to go into a relationship? A normal relationship takes time to invest, not to mention about one shrouded in secrecy.

It's totally different - soldiers and doctors. One is national security. One is patient security. National security affects everyone. Hence, there'll surely be lots of vested interest and if it affects KMY, naturally she wants to know what's going on. What's her take in the relationship. How will having a soldier boyfriend affects her relationship; affects her plans for a family; affects emotional support etc. There are many considerations.

You can tell that KMY loves YSJ. It was not an easy decision. Yet, I admire her for making a decision, despite loving him, so that they could move on and carry out their respective duties faithfully without a burden. If she accepted him with misgivings in her heart, things will not work out later. It's better to be sure. They were not to know that destiny has its way after all.

There's no argument about it being her choice whether to accept him or reject him. Of course it's her choice and as you said, it's not right nor wrong, choices are like opinions, they're both utterly subjective. And I also have no qualms about the reasoning she used to reject him the second time. It's the reasoning used in the first one that I have problems with. Specifically with her judging his job without knowing anything about the army. Now, that is something I found wrong. Her line about life being sanctified for her came across (to me) as self-righteous. I did not like how it kind of implied that she thought he did not have respect for life since his job involved killing people and you can tell that he felt hurt by her choice of words. 

That said, I agree that destiny has a way to fix things, and I'm sure that they'll manage to work things out eventually. 

@Tinkiebell: Yes, the severity of aftershocks is tied to the magnitude of the original quake. You can read more here.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, orangeprincess18 said:

Descendants of The Sun New OST Part 5

다시 너를 (You Again) - Kim Nayoung & Mad Clown

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

cr: Daum

한편 '태양의 후예'의 새 OST '다시 너를'은 오는 17일 자정 발매된다.

according to DAUM, the OST will be released on next Thursday, 17 March ! *

The part of OST we can already hear on episode 6!

i can't wait for this OST to be come out!!! her OST sounds like Jang Jae In song in Kill Me Heal Me

ok we have gummy for part 4, and this one for part 5. I think k.will song will be part 8 :lol:. not complaining though I like this kind of song. I thought it's really jang jae in

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, tovsleeptov said:

I'm watching this at [Removed]. But that site now close. They won't be doing anymore subtitle. 

Does anyone know any other website I can watch this instead of viki?  Not that I'm not willing to pay at viki. Just that their sub isn't that good. So I'm preferring somewhere else instead. Viki will be my last choice. 

Hi, Viki's subs in English are not that good? I am now curious about that. I thought they were.

Hello chingus, did anyone notice the dedication of SJK - filming with his injured wrist?

Watch the following clip when YSJ is back to attend his dad's ceremony, at first when he commented on the pic of him taken with his parents is still on the wall, his right hand was covered by the cap he's holding, but as he turned to his dad, walking towards him... he no longer holds the cap, instead he's helping his dad to adjust his uniform, notice that he's got wrist/hand brace on. Poor thing :bawling:

Cr. achimgoyojin_1003 on IG

• Like 22

hallo everyone.......since  I am going mad about this drama and lurking everything about it, can I just say why the next ost. will be realized next week, can it be today or tomorrow? Hoping and hoping.....while waiting for the next wed. makes me unconcern about everything. listen for the ost. especially the new one (part 5) would be the best medicine to keep me alive till ep 7. always thinking about si jin x mo yon and others couple as well.

I just realized that why hye kyo unnie and joong ki uppa have the same wardrobe style? when joongki wears the white t-shirt at airport, correct me if I am wrong, hye kyo wears it in the scene for ep 4 and 6. there are also grey t-shirt and dark blue jacket. moreover, there is black bracelet that joongki wears when he is out of duty, when he is wearing casual cloths, not in his uniform. I frequently saw it. but I also noticed it is the same bracelet that hye kyo uninie wears at warming up party. are they advertising the same brand cloth or accessorize? or  hye kyo unnie borrows its from joongki (my imagination). or what?

• Like 10

@amvondo  Viki subs aren't bad, but they usually take some time to edit.  If you watch when they first come out there are usually mistakes that are later corrected.  They work fast. 

And I don't know why I can't stop listening to You Are My Everything.  Like I didn't hear it enough in the drama already. :P 

• Like 8

I think This is a positive recap from Ms Koala:)agree or disagree

Descendants of the Sun Episode 6 Recap

Posted on March 10, 2016 by ockoala

DotS6.mkv_000964764.jpg
DotS6.mkv_000999632.jpg

Spoiler

DotS6.mkv_001145945.jpg

=============

Descendants of the Sun’ tops ‘My Love from the Star’ in 6th episode

Updated : March 11 2016

(KBS 2TV)

Korean network channel KBS 2TV‘s sensational TV series “Descendants of the Sun” drew 28.5 of national viewer rating in Korea for its sixth episode as of Thursday, according to data from local researcher Nielsen Korea. 

The viewer mark exceeds that of SBS’s phenomenal TV series “My Love from the Star,” which was 28.1 percent at its peak.

The sixth episode of the series, starring actor Song Joong-ki as a Special Forces’ junior officer, and actress Song Hye-kyo, a surgeon, centered on an earthquake in the virtual city of Urk, to which both were dispatched. The real-time viewer ratings peaked at 34.3 percent when victims from the earthquake were screaming in pain. The next episodes are expected to put spotlight on them teaming up with another couple and striving to save lives there.

The 16-episode series eyes exceeding 30 percent of viewer ratings, a milestone that MBC’s TV series “Moon Embracing the Sun” achieved in 2012. 

Its competitors are losing steam. SBS’ “Please Come Back, Mister,” won 5.6 percent of viewer share, while MBC’s “One More Happy Ending,” ended with 3 percent of viewership ratings for its final episode.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603111657283202581_2

• Like 18

Exactly! that's who i thought at first too - Jang Jae In... cos of the similar tune/melody but it's not :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler
2 hours ago, orangeprincess18 said:

Descendants of The Sun New OST Part 5

다시 너를 (You Again) - Kim Nayoung & Mad Clown

한편 '태양의 후예'의 새 OST '다시 너를'은 오는 17일 자정 발매된다.

according to DAUM, the OST will be released on next Thursday, 17 March ! *

The part of OST we can already hear on episode 6!

i can't wait for this OST to be come out!!! her OST sounds like Jang Jae In song in Kill Me Heal Me 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chicann7 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but have been watching Descendants of the Sun religiously since it started. I even watched the raws late at night (in my part of the world) and then sometime in the next morning or early afternoon when English subs are out. 

Can I just say... I love, love, love, love it! This is one of the rare K-dramas that got me hooked way before it even started. And I fell deeper every time I watched an episode.

Anyway, I liked episode 5 but loved episode 6. We had some sweet moments in episode 5, but episode 6 just plain broke my heart. One of the reasons included what KMY said to YSJ and how she turned him away. Plus their "I don't want to break the look" reunion that almost had me screaming at my ipad last night to just go to him, just GO!!!! I was also deeply touched at the dedication of the doctors who tried their best to save other people. The hopeless pumping-of-the-heart scene and that hard slap - ouch! It was heartbreaking to see a young doctor lose a life that way. 

I'm not a doctor but some of my family members are, plus I used to harbor dreams of putting on that white coat and holding the scalpel. I agree with @eat_kimbap's post on how some thought that doctors live glamorous lives. They don't. The profession entails a lot of hardships and sacrifices. A doctor once told me that she sometimes regretted being one because she wasn't always there to take care of her family or her mother. She confessed that she was taken by surprise one day when she saw how the children have all grown up and how her mother aged without her noticing it. 

But I regress, going back to DoTS... I admit I felt frustrated with how KMY handled YSJ's question/confession. The feeling is mutual, I know it.. I can see it! And I know that she has reservations about YSJ's profession. But, does it mean that the love she felt for him at that time was not enough to quiet her worries about the dangerous part of YSJ's life? I mean.. she did say the morning after when she found out that YSJ left the camp that he didn't even give her a second chance or an opportunity to change her mind - well at least that's how I interpreted it.

It also didn't help to lighten the frustration I felt when she almost sent a message to her friend about how much she cares for YSJ and that she might have thrown away her chance in having a relationship with him. But,as the episode progressed, I came to fully understand and appreciate how much she loves her profession. And the importance she placed on the Hippocratic Oath that she took as a doctor, which basically is a mantra for physicians to save lives and uphold ethical standards in doing so.

First of all, welcome to this thread!! smileyshappy leaf  I enjoyed reading your comment, nevertheless I judge KMY a little differently. Actually, when she was in Seoul at the hospital, she had lost herself in the attempt to get that professor's position. She was an ambitious woman and wanted to do anything to achieve her goal. So When she was doing surgeries and saving patients, it was obvious that it wasn't selfless at all hence saving lives/doing surgeries were just a mean for her career. As conclusion, saving lives was secondary and her path made it even clearer. Later she started treating VIP patients and showed in my opinion less conscious.

When she sent to Uruk, YSJ confronts her with her attitude and he is right. When she has to deal with the surgery of the Arabian politician, she is confronted with two choices: the more comfortable way (not doing the surgery) and the hard way (surgery). YSJ is the one who helps her to stay true to her value as doctor: saving lives. So he supports her but she hasn't realised it yet in my opinion. LAter, she is too focused how to deal with her feelings and thoughts that she doesn't think about it.

Yet the earthquake is what makes her change her mind. First, she wants to know if her staff is okay, but when she hears about the power plant, she definitely wants to help. So when we hear her saying the Hippocrates' oath, it is the moment, she remembers her oath. To me, this scene means that she had forgotten the meaning of that oath while she was trying to become a professor. I had already written that YSJ is a passionate soldier and I believe, YSJ is the one who will help her to become more passionate about her work as such. I believe, at some point she will have a change of heart, opening her own clinic and become famous will become meaningless for her.

Actually, YSJ doesn't want her to give up her job, quite the opposite. I think, he fell in love with her because he saw a pretty but dedicated doctor. The way she didn't abandon her patient who kept running away and how ardently she tried to protect him from YSJ thinking he was a bad guy revealed to him that they are similar.

In the episode 6, YSJ's father encouraged his son in his actions, he didn't reproach him for disregarding the order or for refusing to get promoted as major which illustrates that YSJ has his father's support and the latter isn't ambitious for his son. He is so different from YMJ's father, quite the opposite. This also proves that YSJ is a soldier who doesn't want to seat behind a desk, he is passionate and wants to live up to his leitmotive: "protect the children, beauties and the Elders!". I have the impression that KMY will change because of YSJ's passion for his duties, she will become more like him again... something she has lost on her way.

@Ahpheng  love kiss leaf Thanks for keeping your promise!! I really enjoy reading your C-strips!!   in love leaf

• Like 19

2 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

I didn't wanna say this but WHERE THE HELL IS THE K.WILL SONG? I am sure I am not the only one waiting for that song. I get it they want to create the anticipation but how long?Ugghh....

BTW which OST is your favourite guys? Mine is the Davichi OST "This Love".

Hahahaha~ Same here~~~~ I don't get it why they don't release K.Will song???? :tears: I've been waiting since Eps. 1 checking in iTunes regulary. At least in have Everytime on my playlist and I play it everytime. LOL~

• Like 1

Anyone able to find the television stream (1080i/50fps) .ts/tp version of this drama?

Please PM me the link because I'm dying to watch in a better quality on my big screen TV. :)

Thanks in advance!!!

• Like 2

can someone with a good heart make a gif of SJ smiling at the scene in ep5 where MY refused to give a handshake to MJ? i thought that expression is gif-worthy but i am such noob when it comes to stuff like that....smiley-confused005.gif

i can only do screenshot, poor me 504.gif

0as0FTz.png

• Like 18

Thanks for the information about the new OST part 5! i'm dying to know who sing the song.. so it's Kim Nayoung~ she's so Amazing.. such a haunting voice and song.. like some said, i also think about KMHL song by JJI when i 1st hear this song.. they got the same vibe and i love that kind of song... it's been on my mind since i first hear it.. and now i keep on replaying that little part of the ost from the episode cuts.. i can't wait to hear the full version already~ whooo~ DOTS had all the best OST for me~

DOTS ost are all so beautiful but my personal favorite is GUMMY - You Are My Everything :wub: .. and follow closely is the upcoming ost by Kim Nayoung~ i love that song so much already! hehehe...

• Like 9

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/12824660_685839691518484_838866282_s.mp4

12822431_246225232378509_872150442_n.jpg

욕먹을 각오했지 말입니다 송중기랑 내 얼굴을 교환해봄 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ #msqrd #태양의후예 #송중기 #유시진 #셀카 #셀스타그램 #잘생김 #스타벅스 #웃음 #일상 #소통 #좋아요

LOL... this is an app..?

• Like 3