[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

23 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

GIRLSS.. i NEED HELP .. SERIOUS .. I NEED THE SONG when SJ was on the bus with MY face plastered across the side of the bus ... 

Where can I get that song .. what is the title of that song?

you can try this

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Tsk tsk tsk – We are only at eps 6 and everyone is talking about bedscene … I am ashamed of you soompier isk isk isk … They are in a crisis right now… all they can think of if just saving life not making another life (hik hik) …. Can’t you see ppl are dying? Do you think they even have time to think?

Yes SJ did think about kissing her 1000 times but that was before this earth quake incident ..

I may have to call Mod to come in …. So that you gal will behave ..

Give them some space .. at least until  the mess clear up … may be like eps 8? … or may be middle of 7 may be? Another kiss perhaps? Err orr at least a hug? No? …. Back hug then???

Demmm .. okay okay – Holding hand oso enuff …

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu hug and kisses form this ajumma to you

I am anticipating Episode 8 as well...as in most cases, specially for a 16 episode run series...good things happen at Episode 8...and when I say good...I mean good in the romance department of the leads...so let's seize that moment when it happens!

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Tsk tsk tsk – We are only at eps 6 and everyone is talking about bedscene … I am ashamed of you soompier isk isk isk … They are in a crisis right now… all they can think of if just saving life not making another life (hik hik) …. Can’t you see ppl are dying? Do you think they even have time to think?

Yes SJ did think about kissing her 1000 times but that was before this earth quake incident ..

I may have to call Mod to come in …. So that you gal will behave ..

Give them some space .. at least until  the mess clear up … may be like eps 8? … or may be middle of 7 may be? Another kiss perhaps? Err orr at least a hug? No? …. Back hug then???

Demmm .. okay okay – Holding hand oso enuff …

Hahahaha... but oh, when there is a major life crisis, all the more you need to feeeeeeel dem emotions, yo. ;) Kekekekek...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, orangeprincess18 said:

Descendants of The Sun New OST Part 5

다시 너를 (You Again) - Kim Nayoung & Mad Clown

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

cr: Daum

한편 '태양의 후예'의 새 OST '다시 너를'은 오는 17일 자정 발매된다.

according to DAUM, the OST will be released on next Thursday, 17 March ! *

The part of OST we can already hear on episode 6!

i can't wait for this OST to be come out!!! her OST sounds like Jang Jae In song in Kill Me Heal Me 

I cannot complain we have the same opinion that's why I fell for the song just a second after recognizing the type of the music.. The song is so addictive! :w00t:^_^ just like Kill Me Heal Me

• Like 13

Gummy- You're My Everything ( Eng Ver) is out??? I saw someone posted it on youtube. I really love the eng version kyaaaaaaaaa 

I think I didn't see anyone posted it yet .. can i post it here?? I'm afraid the mod will edit it:sweatingbullets:

edit: It available on iTunes!! You guys can download it ^^

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Jalhanda said:

I am anticipating Episode 8 as well...as in most cases, specially for a 16 episode run series...good things happen at Episode 8...and when I say good...I mean good in the romance department of the leads...so let's seize that moment when it happens!

We had 6 great episodes ... normally 78910 is the turning point for a drama .. whether it can keep the momentum, let see... I have faith in this writer ....she has done great job till the last eps (except for one or two drama).. I hope it can be better for DoTS (now that she has more ecperience) Hate to see something as beautiful as this get ruined ... very few drama able to keep it momentum till the end..

• Like 12

@Bambiina hahaha oke oke no bed scene yet but can we have it before 10 episode afterall someone said the single bed nearby the window and captain room will be available before they return from Urk right? :wub:

For the Songsong shipper i just finished BTS hunting and found nothing new yet but there are some news from a fans of songsong shipper that make statement that our captain YSJ wore 'couple bracelet' while playing bilyard (using stripe shirt) and our doctor KMY also wear it in other scene. Alas i cant find clear shoot of her wearing it in ep 6 there are possibility she wore it while on the helicopter but tats not clear enough (under her watch). Might have to check another ep probably. But if any of you doing for rerun like i my plan for the weekend, will you all help hehehe 

Ok officially im this couple stalker

• Like 20

After many years of being a silent reader... Here I am writing again in Soompi... hahahaha... 어떡해??? 이 드라마 좋은대.... Lovin KMY and YSJ and here I am having a delulu that somehow the Song Couple will come true... LOL... Ever since the news broke out last year that they will be both starring Ive been shipping them already... LOL... 

BTW my fave OST would be Always and You are my Everything... but I seem to like the Kim Na Young... 

Patiently waiting for Episode next week is damn hard...

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, chicann7 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but have been watching Descendants of the Sun religiously since it started. I even watched the raws late at night (in my part of the world) and then sometime in the next morning or early afternoon when English subs are out. 

Can I just say... I love, love, love, love it! This is one of the rare K-dramas that got me hooked way before it even started. And I fell deeper every time I watched an episode.

Anyway, I liked episode 5 but loved episode 6. We had some sweet moments in episode 5, but episode 6 just plain broke my heart. One of the reasons included what KMY said to YSJ and how she turned him away. Plus their "I don't want to break the look" reunion that almost had me screaming at my ipad last night to just go to him, just GO!!!! I was also deeply touched at the dedication of the doctors who tried their best to save other people. The hopeless pumping-of-the-heart scene and that hard slap - ouch! It was heartbreaking to see a young doctor lose a life that way. 

I'm not a doctor but some of my family members are, plus I used to harbor dreams of putting on that white coat and holding the scalpel. I agree with @eat_kimbap's post on how some thought that doctors live glamorous lives. They don't. The profession entails a lot of hardships and sacrifices. A doctor once told me that she sometimes regretted being one because she wasn't always there to take care of her family or her mother. She confessed that she was taken by surprise one day when she saw how the children have all grown up and how her mother aged without her noticing it. 

But I regress, going back to DoTS... I admit I felt frustrated with how KMY handled YSJ's question/confession. The feeling is mutual, I know it.. I can see it! And I know that she has reservations about YSJ's profession. But, does it mean that the love she felt for him at that time was not enough to quiet her worries about the dangerous part of YSJ's life? I mean.. she did say the morning after when she found out that YSJ left the camp that he didn't even give her a second chance or an opportunity to change her mind - well at least that's how I interpreted it.

It also didn't help to lighten the frustration I felt when she almost sent a message to her friend about how much she cares for YSJ and that she might have thrown away her chance in having a relationship with him. But,as the episode progressed, I came to fully understand and appreciate how much she loves her profession. And the importance she placed on the Hippocratic Oath that she took as a doctor, which basically is a mantra for physicians to save lives and uphold ethical standards in doing so.

I'm now not sure how I would want KMY or YSJ to handle the situation. I mean neither of them can give up their respective professions for the other. Although there was a poignant moment in ep6 where YSJ was looking at his dogtags after KMY rejected him. I wonder what was going through his mind at that time... was he pondering his career choice? Was he regretting his decision to become a soldier? Also, how will KMY react now that YSJ is near her again? I just hope she drops the nonchalant attitude and just tell him she made a mistake and to give her more time. But I guess she's still feeling conflicted.

Yet there were moments in ep6 when I wanted her to just reach out and maybe touch YSJ's face or hand or shoulder, especially while he was tying up her shoelaces. She was looking at him so tenderly and lovingly (yes! I believe that) and I felt as if she wanted to say something to him but held back. I was why?!?! Oh why?!?! (almost pulling my hair out!) Sigh!

But despite my many frustrations... I loved the moment when they first locked eyes when YSJ and his team arrived on-site. There's something about the way that SJK stares or looks at you that just pulls you in... That moment.. as they were angling their heads trying not to break eye contact while the soldiers lined in formation in front of their captain... oh my, the feels!!!! The feels!!!

Even if they did not speak a word to each other, their eyes, their hearts understood what each one was afraid or hesitant to say: "I miss you... I'm glad to see you're not hurt... I came because I wanted to be near you... I'm sorry... I love you." Double sigh!!!

Anyhoo... sorry for my long post. Sorry as well it some of what I said was mentioned already.

Meanwhile, it's already late Friday afternoon where I am and miraculously, I'm finished with work already. Hehe! So off I go to re-watch episodes 1 to 6 of DoTS. Need something to tide me over until Wednesday arrives.

Happy weekend everyone!

Ohh... congrats to the DoTS team also for breaking the 30% viewership rating!  Yay!!!

@chicann7 I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU SAID....mostly the highlighted parts because that's how I exactly felt after watching Ep6...you were so spot on describing that helicopter scene...for  a newbie you express your thoughts with spontaneity ...glad you posted here...hope to see you often here.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, yanlit_stv said:

I cannot complain we have the same opinion that's why I fell for the song just a second after recognizing the type of the music.. The song is so addictive! :w00t:^_^ just like Kill Me Heal Me

thursday 17th...another torture for waiting..why don't they just release it already..:crazy:

double the torture for another 6 days..isk..isk..isk

• Like 9

Now my question is - why is SJK such a great 'eye-actor '? Every look and gaze always makes you believe in the emotion of the scene .. how does he do it ? I dont watch a lot of dramas.. but I feel myself sucked in in all his scenes . . Haven't seen any kdrama actor that makes me 'believe ' so wholeheartedly . 

It's truly bizarre and amazing ... Are there other actors like that in k drama .. maybe I have too little exposure and many of them are like that. . Haha 

• Like 19

Thanks @Jalhanda! Hope to be an active member in this thread also. Its just that I've been very busy with work lately, but hope to squeeze some time for some soompi DoTS action - hehe! Plus, I felt like I needed to vent out my feelings after watching episode 6. I can't wait for next week's episodes, especially after the teaser that we got after episode 6 which hinted of YSJ and SDY in trouble.

@Ahpheng Love the c-strips!!!! This was actually one of my favorite scenes in episode 6! Thanks for putting a funny spin to it. 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, yoshinene said:

I agree, but I don't think that's what YSJ wants and I don't think KMY is worried about that yet but I think she will come recognize that. They're both people who have pride in what they do -- the job also creates them so I hope that YSJ won't try to become major to stay with KMY. 

becoming Major is not a try but it's a Rank step. Every four service years, any rank is entittled to obtain a higher rank... for example: from First Lieutennant to Captain.. from Captain to Major.. from Major to Lieutennant Colonel.. from Lieutennant Colonel to Colonel. But NOT all Colonels are guarantee to obtain Stars (General). Those are only for the outstandings officers. But a Captain can obtain to Major rank faster than his same year graduated military academy mates if that Captain is outstanding or did something really amazing in the line of duty.. my brother is a Colonel in Indonesian Army and he promoted a year sooner because of his outstanding accomplishment when he positioned as defense attache in Thailand. 

And of course YSJ wants to be a Major because he wants to be a General (he promised his father) I mean.. who wants to be a Captain forever? 

And in the term of job or does he wants or not wants.. in Military.. COMMAND or ORDER is ABOVE LIFE. 

You should Google the military ruling to understand their world..

• Like 13

Do not think that this person doctor Kang MoYeon deserves a little lesson?
and Sergeant Seo DaeYoung the same? 
Maybe Their Stubbornness, should eat the cake they have made? winking-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015
Maybe captain Yoo ShiJin and lieutenant Yoon MyeongJoo should appear together someday
just for testing, and for the moment!

This will be credible because it seems that in the past Yoon MyeongJoo has stolen Kang MoYeon's boyfriend again, or so the story goes.
They will make Daddy happy too, does not want him Yoo ShiJin  as a son in law so badly?

devil-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948997

• Like 2