HAJINA OVERSEAS FANS PROJECT

Just before I start working on this again: 

Please confirm 2 things for me:

1) Dimensions: A4 Landscape => Width: 297 mm and height: 210mm ... Is this correct?
2) When is the tentative deadline for all our works?

I'm sorry I couldn't finish everything early ...My real life got in the way.  

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ireumimolla

Hi @everyone !

I've been busy the past few days, so I just got to the comic strips today. I just wanted to confirm if we want to translate the memes because I think no one has confirmed this yet. I have done 1 page so far, I don't think it's well done as I didn't have much time to do this. Real life got in the way... I've run out of ideas as well. :((

Are we including all the memes that have been uploaded on the drive? There are so many so I don't think I can translate and do the layout for all of them on time. Thoughts?

(Edit: Btw, the captions on top by Seojin says: "Everything funny is banned! Laughter is also banned!")
W2ZrrcK.jpg

Guest Jimin12

@ireumimolla

Realistically, I don't think we can translate all the meme/comics (not even use them all). All the messages aren't even translated. If it's simple english, I don't see any problem with not translating them. HB isn't bad w/ english and I think it's the same w/ HJM. Let's do what we can.

Tell me if help is needed here, I have some free time today & on Monday. And a big thank you and WOAH to @Merilinnuke14. Your work is awesome. Everyone worked hard, I'm already picturing Han Ji Min & Hyun Bin's smiles when they'll see those. ^^

Guest ireumimolla

@Jimin12 Alright then I think I'll focus on the messages first! Since those are more important~

Maybe I'll just do basic template for the memes and leave them as they are with the english words:)

Really kudos to everyone who has contributed to the collages amd layouts! You guys rock!! :x

Guest Merilinnuke14

@sunset90 Yes, format A4 and orientation landscape

@fuyuppe Your trees look good to me. If you don't add any more signatures, let me know.

@Lyrayoo I saw that you have some double designs in the messages chapter. Is it intentional?

@ireumimolla Superb design! I think your basic template idea is the best. We still have the time restriction.

I just counted how many pages our book already have and the number is 73! Daebak result! :-O It seems that 100 pages aren't so far away.

I talked with @luci13 and she said that the printing company need at least 7 days to complete the printing. Our book is planned to be handed over to Hyun Bin and Ji Min in March 26th (Can we make it?). This means that the complete book has to be ready within two days (maximum). If neccessary, company has allowed us to send our book page by page, but we have a little problem. They only use Adobe Illustrator and book has to be in .ai format. I have illustrator but I don't have a clue how to create a book template, that includes spine. Can anyone lend their helping hand or knows how to do it?

I'll start with the text creation for the introduction chapter and acknowledgements and also try to fill in the missing pieces. When I get those ready, I post all here for proof reading and modifications.

@jinmin12 If you have time, you could take some fanarts and organize them into correct format and orientation. You could also help me with the text creation (if that's the case, let me know). Maybe our messages team also needs some help. You should contact with lyrayoo or ireumimolla.

Thank you all for your hard work!

I am going to upload the Landscape collage of Secretary Kwon :) ... Just finished it 

@minni91 Fighting!! One down... I'll work on the others tom ... for sure!

edit... done uploading... here it is ... :)  .. Use the one in the project folder..  

tumblr_nl9mpeKSvS1rdufa9o1_1280.jpg

@sunset90 Yes, format A4 and orientation landscape

I talked with @luci13 and she said that the printing company need at least 7 days to complete the printing. Our book is planned to be handed over to Hyun Bin and Ji Min in March 26th (Can we make it?). This means that the complete book has to be ready within two days (maximum). If neccessary, company has allowed us to send our book page by page, but we have a little problem. They only use Adobe Illustrator and book has to be in .ai format. I have illustrator but I don't have a clue how to create a book template, that includes spine. Can anyone lend their helping hand or knows how to do it?

I'll start with the text creation for the introduction chapter and acknowledgements and also try to fill in the missing pieces. When I get those ready, I post all here for proof reading and modifications.

@jinmin12 If you have time, you could take some fanarts and organize them into correct format and orientation. You could also help me with the text creation (if that's the case, let me know). Maybe our messages team also needs some help. You should contact with lyrayoo or ireumimolla.

Thank you all for your hard work!

Thank you for the valuable information

@red I just checked that you can open jpg files in adobe illustrator. So will there be a problem? Am I missing something? 

Do we need to leave some space for the spine ? Is that what you guys are working on now? 

Guest Merilinnuke14

@sunset90 So I just have to create ai. document with multiple artboards, put pages in order and that's it? I was a little bit confused about the spine part because we actually do not know yet in which dimensions it should be and how thick our book will be. Thank you!

Just read the latest updates. The new format makes me concerned. I previously wrote to @luci13 that the remaking depends on the new dimensions but this kind of format (21x26cm) is too challenging (I agree with @sunset90). The deadline is also breathing down our necks so I do not know what to do. Lately, my RL became truly hectic so my free time is almost cut off. I try to finish everything I promised by the evening.

Guest Jimin12

I'm not sure if I understand that format thing... Doesn't the print company allow more formats? We absolutely have to use 21x26cm? This indeed is challenging if it's the case... The time is against us.

@Merilinnuke14

I seriously don't know. 

We have to ask them if they can accept jpeg files. If they specify only .ai format, then there has to be a way to open the jpg file in adobe illustrator and you can put save as .ai file... I'm not sure about this. I have never used it. I might have to search for a version online and check it out. (Please tell me if you want me to do that.) 

Regarding the picture size. Please confirm on the size again and ask them if we need to leave some area on the pics for the spine... 21x26cm is for pics with or without spine? 

We can just zoom out the pic a little and add a frame around it. As long as the pictures aren't magnified they won't look too bad .. in terms of quality.  

Guest Merilinnuke14

Unititled.png

Here is the sample of the acknowledgements (based on the activity in Drive folder). Please check the spelling of the names. I also ask you to add the ones, I didn't mention. I know for sure I do not know @jinmin12 real name and I am also missing comic strips creators names. Printing company's name I'll add later.

I've edited the size of the ones I made and uploaded them on our drive. If only we have all the time to make more. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to sort the other fanart. I will try tomorrow at lunch (will bring my old laptop at work). I feel like I'm dead on my feet right now but I want to contribute something... 

Just a sample of the 4 collage I made:
Lss18hJ.jpg

Guest Jimin12

I can help sorting the fanarts, but I need to know which one we use exactly. Looking at the folder, I guess we can't use them all? If you give me precise indications, I can do something tonight & maybe tomorrow.

I can help sorting the fanarts, but I need to know which one we use exactly. Looking at the folder, I guess we can't use them all? If you give me precise indications, I can do something tonight & maybe tomorrow.

Maybe the pictures with good quality will be okay? And maybe put aside those which are somehow repetitive? For example, there's a certain theme for each page. Like the ones I made. One with SJ's glasses, one with hugs... So maybe we can make more with like KISSES! And longing stares, and smiling/cute faces (or sad/crying/angry)... I'll make a GSJ exasperated 3000% done face and HN's cute embarrassed reactions collage tomorrow. I promise. 

Guest yoontira

Hi guys!

Just looking at the folder.

Great job. Beautiful!

I saw my message there. I saw a mistake there. My country supposedly Malaysia but it's Indonesia there.

Can it be fix?

Sorry for the trouble! Mianhae.

Archived