Quantcast
Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaiskloset

[Drama 2015] Warm and Cozy 맨도롱 또똣

Recommended Posts

About the next rewatch you royal ladies have to decide as I am not a drama buff. I am very particular about the lead actor/actress.:lol: That's why I didn't watch so many of the very popular k-dramas because of the leads.

Whatever you choose I will try to join in as and when (unless I really like the leads...ahem like KS & YYS). :phew:

ya! you are a Royal Lady too ;) but I understand chingu @icemaid :) if I can only give you another drama with KS and YYS I will but I'm not in that position :lol: maybe Santa will grant us someday. as for how long that someday is, I do not know too :lol: aish! what a life! :phew:

anyway we will wait and see how we go :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same expressions, no wonder they are "twins". :lol: :lol:

Photo from nicolenicole1230 credit : nicoenicole1230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Merry Christmas, your Royal Ladies! 

Mod edit: unrelated pic/gif

Depending on the audience's reception of the ending of this current Reply series ;), I think it would be fun -- and intellectually stimulating -- to do a rewatch this show. The scriptwriter is pretty good, too, but many people are missing the finer points of the story because of the typical shipping skirmishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Fantastic! High five, girl!  We knew she was a good actress. Didn't we discuss her varied facial expressions? And her crying scenes? I hope she gets many more projects after this.  

Mod edit: unrelated pic/gif

@sky5joyous, 

I browsed your instagram and I'm glad to see that they were there together. Thanks for sharing. 

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope to see you on one of the drama threads soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, packmule3 said:

 

Fantastic! High five, girl!  We knew she was a good actress. Didn't we discuss her varied facial expressions? And her crying scenes? I hope she gets many more projects after this.  

 

@sky5joyous, 

I browsed your instagram and I'm glad to see that they were there together. Thanks for sharing. 

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope to see you on one of the drama threads soon.  

I've finally retrieved my account here! I missed "liking" your posts my royal ladies! Congratulations to our Sora! It was nice to see them seated on the same table with matching outfits. And I was giddy when she thanked her Oppa YYS!

@packmule3 I'm so inlove with Reply 1988! I saw you on their thread, very insightful analyses! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lhej said:

I've finally retrieved my account here! I missed "liking" your posts my royal ladies! Congratulations to our Sora! It was nice to see them seated on the same table with matching outfits. And I was giddy when she thanked her Oppa YYS!

@packmule3 I'm so inlove with Reply 1988! I saw you on their thread, very insightful analyses! 

'

Hi @Lhej, I've a bunch more observations and analyses to post on the Reply 1988 main thread, but I'm limiting myself to one every two or three days because I don't want to traumatize (lol) the fragile shippers' hearts. :D

lol. I guess they don't know how I became an "immortal", do they? By posting prurient things? By posting "I love oppa's abs"? kekeke.

You know how it goes. Over here in our thread, we're free to give new interpretations and explore other avenues, even though they may be different from the mainstream groupthink. There's no gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair. But over THERE, if people outside the OTP group suggest something or I redirect their eyes to details they've missed, they resort to ad hominems. Logical rebuttals, devoid of unnecessary angst ["you hurt my feelings!!"] would be too much to hope for.   

But I'm not deterred and I'm determined that the scriptwriter Lee Woo Jong gets the proper credit for her work, like with the Hong sisters here in this thread. She writes a fine story, and it doesn't matter to me if the girl doesn't end up with the guy the public wants, as long as the script has been consistent and coherent. 

When the OTP shippers (aka Team JH) rush to judgment and eschew the opinions of the second-lead team (Team Taek), they're only getting HALF the critical analyses needed to fully appreciate the story. Now, I personally don't care whether they get it or not, but the THREAD itself and the other lurkers there DESERVE to be given both sides of the story.

*Logically, I know it's going to be JH, but the LWJ the scriptwriter had perfectly fine-tuned the story that in any eventuality she decides to switch leads, TK is also PERFECTLY suited to be the lead, too. That's how good this story is.  And while, of course, JH is easier to understand because he's the lead, the secondary character TK has to be examined more closely to see what makes him a plausible rival. What makes him tick?

If JH is such a hero, then why is there even a close challenger?  It's like the varsity team playing against the junior varsity team. If Varsity CANNOT beat JV by 20, 30 points, then there's something wrong with the Varsity team. They're supposed to WIN handily. The next course of action then for the players is to assess the weakness of the Varsity team and then explore the STRENGTHS of the JV team, in order to copy, modify, appropriate, adapt, or adjust whatever that needs to be done.  

But it is what it is. I've raised teenagers myself so I'm hardly surprised. lol,  

Anyway, hope to see you there. I'll probably visit that thread sometime because I've family and guests right now. And then my family's leaving for a ski-trip so I should have free time to post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awwwww I miss posting here!  HAPPY NEW YEAR WARMER'S!!!

 

hugs to @icemaid  @packmule3   @Lhej  @vvan23  @violet88 !!!

 

I am still a YeonSo shipper and a warmer at heart ;) I've just been busy with the holidays and my other ship from another country looks like it's taken off so I am quite happy :)

 

My heart skipped a beat when I saw video's from the MBC Awards of our couple together next to each other around a table being touchy (I know it was only one hand touch :P) and looking so fine together :wub: :wub: :wub:  I thought if my other ship has sailed why can't this do it too? God will probably reply, DON'T BE TOO GREEDY :lol: But anyway, I am still holding on and praying that some day, YeonSo will be together for REAL! :)

 

@packmule3  I am not watching any dramas as it is and not sure if Reply 1988 will attract me but do let us know when it is finished ok and maybe I can do a re watch with you :) With Sora winning Best Actress, I agree with the comment that is was her varied facial expressions and crying scenes that did it for her. I still remember when GW said I love you to her when he was drunk and her tears as a reply there was simply, priceless!!! :wub:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, packmule3 said:

'

Hi @Lhej, I've a bunch more observations and analyses to post on the Reply 1988 main thread, but I'm limiting myself to one every two or three days because I don't want to traumatize (lol) the fragile shippers' hearts. :D

lol. I guess they don't know how I became an "immortal", do they? By posting prurient things? By posting "I love oppa's abs"? kekeke.

You know how it goes. Over here in our thread, we're free to give new interpretations and explore other avenues, even though they may be different from the mainstream groupthink. There's no gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair. But over THERE, if people outside the OTP group suggest something or I redirect their eyes to details they've missed, they resort to ad hominems. Logical rebuttals, devoid of unnecessary angst ["you hurt my feelings!!"] would be too much to hope for.   

But I'm not deterred and I'm determined that the scriptwriter Lee Woo Jong gets the proper credit for her work, like with the Hong sisters here in this thread. She writes a fine story, and it doesn't matter to me if the girl doesn't end up with the guy the public wants, as long as the script has been consistent and coherent. 

When the OTP shippers (aka Team JH) rush to judgment and eschew the opinions of the second-lead team (Team Taek), they're only getting HALF the critical analyses needed to fully appreciate the story. Now, I personally don't care whether they get it or not, but the THREAD itself and the other lurkers there DESERVE to be given both sides of the story.

*Logically, I know it's going to be JH, but the LWJ the scriptwriter had perfectly fine-tuned the story that in any eventuality she decides to switch leads, TK is also PERFECTLY suited to be the lead, too. That's how good this story is.  And while, of course, JH is easier to understand because he's the lead, the secondary character TK has to be examined more closely to see what makes him a plausible rival. What makes him tick?

If JH is such a hero, then why is there even a close challenger?  It's like the varsity team playing against the junior varsity team. If Varsity CANNOT beat JV by 20, 30 points, then there's something wrong with the Varsity team. They're supposed to WIN handily. The next course of action then for the players is to assess the weakness of the Varsity team and then explore the STRENGTHS of the JV team, in order to copy, modify, appropriate, adapt, or adjust whatever that needs to be done.  

But it is what it is. I've raised teenagers myself so I'm hardly surprised. lol,  

Anyway, hope to see you there. I'll probably visit that thread sometime because I've family and guests right now. And then my family's leaving for a ski-trip so I should have free time to post. 

After being "Chilbonged" in the previous reply, I promised myself to watch Reply 1988 when it's over. I peeked a little but ended watching 16eps in a week! I've never laughed and cried like that in any dramas before. I liked that they're focusing more on family and friendship this time and not on husband hunting. I was on team JH at first but after seeing how Taekie could take good care of his friends and staff also, how unselfish he was with his father's happiness, and how he could also sacrifice love over friendship like JH. Now I'm on the same boat, it doesn't matter who the husband is anymore, there are better views on the horizon so I better not focus on the sailing. (Sorry too scared to post there) It's more friendly here! 

Hoping Sora will be in a new drama soon, I miss her already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my Royal Ladies!

Looks like I am missing out here. Was too busy fangirling KS & YYS for just being seated together after 6 months! :lol:

Will come back to catch up on your posts later. (I have a visitor coming over)

                       In the meantime......:phew:        .Embedded image permalink

                                                                                                                                                                                            credit : nicolenicole1230

@agdr03 @packmule3 @Lhej @violet88 @vvan23 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@icemaid

Awwww. That’s nice that the two of them sat side-by-side that evening. I remember seeing the video of their last dinner together. They weren’t even at the same table. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the awkwardness of watching THE kiss scene together since it was going to be shown on the TV for the party...

YYS was definitely embarrassed at the viewing but KS kept her sangfroid as the crowd erupted in cheers. It was a role reversal that I appreciated as a feminist. 

@agdr03 

If the scriptwriter doesn’t undergo a lobotomy at the penultimate episode, Reply 1988 should end up fine. @lhej and I will tell you if the ending’s good, and yeah, we can do a rewatch here or a walk-through first for you, so you won’t get scared. We’ll hold hands…and even sing a happy song, if you want. kekeke. 

How are your boys? I hope they had a wonderful Christmas.

@Lhej

You watched all 16 episodes in one week? Whoa! I haven’t even watched the 16th episode. I’m waiting for the Life is Ironic, Part 2 before I watch this Part 1. But sure go ahead and post here if you aren’t comfortable posting out there. This has been our safe haven since last year to post what we feel and think without fear of a backlash. Remember when I said that YYS’ face reminded me of a horse, to the utter shock and dismay of YYS fangirls? [neiggggghhhh.]  I almost skipped this rom-com because I couldn’t imagine YYS kissing our Kang Sora.

And look what happened to THAT kiss.  [yee-haw!]

BTW, did you notice the Chinese checkers on JH’s table? lol. What a choice of prop!

I wonder whether the set director is trolling the viewers there. Chinese checkers is a game with balls in TRIANGLES (~ love triangle, anyone?). The purpose of the game is to move all your balls to the opposite triangle while IMPEDING or obstructing the progress of your opposing player. Chinese checkers isn’t even Chinese in origin, it’s a German invention.

And of course, baduk >>>> Chinese checkers. [It's like Bridge >>> Old Maid.] So, what does this mean for the two guys? Foreshadowing? 

lol. I’m just shaking my head...

Take care now, ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@agdr03

You are still hoping for YeonSo to be together for REAL?! :lol: After almost 6 months my delulu has waned, then tada they appeared in the MBC Drama Awards show! :o I thought they won't show up or one of them won't just "to burst that last balloon" of ours.:P Anyway that was a nice year-end gift from KS and YYS to us shippers lol.

Same here I haven't been watching any drama for awhile. Maybe we can do a rewatch of Reply 1988 hmm...

 

@Lhej

Now that you mentioned it, Sora & YYS did wear matching outfits! Even his ears went a little red when Sora went on stage.:lol: Like you I was all dizzy when Sora thanked YYS Oppa in her speech.:wub:

Wow you watched 16 episodes at one go! So Reply 1988 must be good. I am not familiar as I haven't watch any of the 'Reply' dramas. This is the third one right? Is it a 16-episode drama like Warm & Cozy? I usually don't watch anything more than 20 episodes.

 

@packmule3

Yes, kudos to KS for being so cool at the dinner party when watching the kiss scene. So proud of her.B)

After reading your post , I am curious about Reply 1988 but can you also hold my hands if we are doing the rewatch here? I am also scared.....:sweatingbullets:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, icemaid said:

@agdr03

You are still hoping for YeonSo to be together for REAL?! :lol: After almost 6 months my delulu has waned, then tada they appeared in the MBC Drama Awards show! :o I thought they won't show up or one of them won't just "to burst that last balloon" of ours.:P Anyway that was a nice year-end gift from KS and YYS to us shippers lol.

Same here I haven't been watching any drama for awhile. Maybe we can do a rewatch of Reply 1988 hmm...

 

@Lhej

Now that you mentioned it, Sora & YYS did wear matching outfits! Even his ears went a little red when Sora went on stage.:lol: Like you I was all dizzy when Sora thanked YYS Oppa in her speech.:wub:

Wow you watched 16 episodes at one go! So Reply 1988 must be good. I am not familiar as I haven't watch any of the 'Reply' dramas. This is the third one right? Is it a 16-episode drama like Warm & Cozy? I usually don't watch anything more than 20 episodes.

 

@packmule3

Yes, kudos to KS for being so cool at the dinner party when watching the kiss scene. So proud of her.B)

After reading your post , I am curious about Reply 1988 but can you also hold my hands if we are doing the rewatch here? I am also scared.....:sweatingbullets:

I noticed that YYS changed his jacket,he was wearing a red one on the red carpet then changed into a black one when they were seated on the table. Did you see their simple touch after Sora's name was annouced as a winner? YYS touched her back first then Sora touched his arm,squeee! 

Yes dear,this is the third and I must say the best Reply! You don't have to watch the other 2 to enjoy the latest! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

@icemaid

Awwww. That’s nice that the two of them sat side-by-side that evening. I remember seeing the video of their last dinner together. They weren’t even at the same table. Perhaps they wanted to avoid the awkwardness of watching THE kiss scene together since it was going to be shown on the TV for the party...

YYS was definitely embarrassed at the viewing but KS kept her sangfroid as the crowd erupted in cheers. It was a role reversal that I appreciated as a feminist. 

@agdr03 

If the scriptwriter doesn’t undergo a lobotomy at the penultimate episode, Reply 1988 should end up fine. @lhej and I will tell you if the ending’s good, and yeah, we can do a rewatch here or a walk-through first for you, so you won’t get scared. We’ll hold hands…and even sing a happy song, if you want. kekeke. 

How are your boys? I hope they had a wonderful Christmas.

@Lhej

You watched all 16 episodes in one week? Whoa! I haven’t even watched the 16th episode. I’m waiting for the Life is Ironic, Part 2 before I watch this Part 1. But sure go ahead and post here if you aren’t comfortable posting out there. This has been our safe haven since last year to post what we feel and think without fear of a backlash. Remember when I said that YYS’ face reminded me of a horse, to the utter shock and dismay of YYS fangirls? [neiggggghhhh.]  I almost skipped this rom-com because I couldn’t imagine YYS kissing our Kang Sora.

And look what happened to THAT kiss.  [yee-haw!]

BTW, did you notice the Chinese checkers on JH’s table? lol. What a choice of prop!

I wonder whether the set director is trolling the viewers there. Chinese checkers is a game with balls in TRIANGLES (~ love triangle, anyone?). The purpose of the game is to move all your balls to the opposite triangle while IMPEDING or obstructing the progress of your opposing player. Chinese checkers isn’t even Chinese in origin, it’s a German invention.

And of course, baduk >>>> Chinese checkers. [It's like Bridge >>> Old Maid.] So, what does this mean for the two guys? Foreshadowing? 

lol. I’m just shaking my head...

Take care now, ladies!

I noticed the game but I didn't know the mechanics of the game. Are you a spy? You notice and know everything! How I wish I have the time to read all your analyses on that drama! Take care too Sunbaenim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, @icemaid. I'll hold your hand, too [Play Beatles' music "I wanna hold your hand" lol] 

But let's wait for the ending, shall we? I don't want you ladies to be Chilbonged. 

The show has lots of details to discuss, and the details are interlocked. Many details are irrelevant (like colors of the dolls and the metal gate, boxers or briefs, soup or salad) but there are also plenty of details (like the dead birds the female lead brought home to bury -- macabre but significant -- and the clocks in a clock shop that tell different times lol) which are presented in such a low-key manner that they escape notice. People won't realize their significance till it's over.  

The second male lead is also similar to GW -- childish and childlike. But with hidden strengths (and I don't mean the Clark Kent-ish type of secret powers, ok?). The lead female is sympathetic. As for the lead male? No comment because I don't want spoilers. Lol. 

My only complaint is the general ambiance of the show. It's not as pretty, airy, and idyllic as the natural location of Jejudo. I told one poster that I'm OCD so this show has been extremely challenging to watch. People talk to each other in loud shouting voices, meal times are messy with lots of food sharing (The only time we reach across the table at my home is to pass the dinner roll and gravy), people eat and sleep on the floor, toilet paper serves as table napkins (lol. I was mentally cringing), spaghetti sauce is mixed with pasta with bare hands (lol. I died), and the rooms are cramped, kitschy, and dingy (I prefer a neat, clutter-free living space). Definitely, the ambiance isn't Jejudo. 

So yeah, a rewatch is a possibility and I prefer to do it with you Royal Ladies more than anybody else.

I might invite a couple of people to join us and comment but I'll ensure that they match our group's personality first.

But let's wait and see. I hate to disillusion you @icemaid and @agdr03 since you two don't watch many Kdramas as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@packmule3

Cramped rooms I can envision as I live in a city where big living space is a luxury (housing is very expensive) but toilet paper as table napkins?! :blink: Ok I need be mentally prepared lol.

No problem we can wait for the rewatch, no hurry at all.

Thank you for holding my hand too. .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lhej

LOL you are right, YYS touched Sora's back first then she touched his arm. I didn't notice as it happened like in a flash.

Sora seemed very surprised she won. Well done Miss Kang Sora!

These pictures are from Yoo Yeon Seok THFans tweets.

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...