Online dating Yes or No ?

MissAria

Guest robertkbrown1984_stv

My parents just wants me to get married ASAP. They made me break up with my boyfriend. They are taking advantage of the fact that I will not go against their wish. The have found a matchmaking service called Premier Introductions and they are asking me to find a guy from there. It seems that one of my Dad’s friend’s son got a girl from that agency. I dont want to get married now. They just made me break up and they are expecting me to get married just like that! What should I do? :/ I want to convince my parents somehow. ! :(

Edited by robertkbrown1984_stv

Guest nana544

My parents just wants me to get married ASAP. They made me break up with my boyfriend. They are taking advantage of the fact that I will not go against their wish. The have found a matchmaking service called Premier Introductions and they are asking me to find a guy from there. It seems that one of my Dad’s friend’s son got a girl from that agency. I dont want to get married now. They just made me break up and they are expecting me to get married just like that! What should I do? :/ I want to convince my parents somehow. ! :(

Are you an adult? Even if you're not, why would you listen to your parents?? Don't. Parents think they know what's best for their children, but sometimes they really don't. Do what makes you happy. You cannot convince your parents, you just need to go against their wish, you can't always please your parents. 

I think online dating can only work if you are committed to it. I know some people and a couple of friends that try online dating and it works for them. 

Lie said: FT_online-dating-attitudes.png
Luckily those who shame others who use online dating as a tool are quickly becoming a relic. Around 60% of Americans thought online dating was a good way to meet someone, and that was in 2013. The number is likely even higher now.

If someone in this thread is considering it, I wouldn't let others throwing shade affect your decision. Do whatever works for you!

Online dating is a waste of time for any guy who knows how to approach at a bar.   Any survey or what "most guys' think, do the opposite.  Because most guys are awful with women.  Most guys are losers.  Most guys would rather stand in the corner of the bar and have false delusions about themselves then ever approach a woman at a bar.  So most guys don't know what the hell they're doing.   

Every guy can send a message over the web.  That's why they do it.   That doesn't take any social ability or poise.  Being able to approach a hottie at a bar is a skill.  A hot girl probably gets 100 messages on OKCupid a day.  An attractive girl does not get approached near that much during the day.

Instead of spending time online dating and setting up your profile, spend that 1 hour at a bar approaching women.  You'll be getting way more action than your friends that date online.     

• 3 weeks later...

Ehh I have to disagree.

I met my bf thru OKC. I was the one who contacted him at first (tips to the ladies, pls don't just sit around and twiddle your thumbs if you're serious about this making a relationship work thing...if you see someone you like, do something about it.) Funny thing was, I wasn't really interested in a LTR at that point, only to make friends. And his profile says he's happy to just make friends too, so I thought why not? Worse comes to worst, I make a new friend and go my merry way. But it ended up working well for both of us. And now we're 3 years strong. It can happen and work out for you if you put the effort in. Obviously still pick someone you feel you will get along with and not just anyone, but be active. Dating is and will always be, a number's game.

Also this is how I've met my 3 best guy pals and one good girl friend. The difference between failing and succeeding is to persevere.

Edited by ivana b. anonymous
  • Like 2

Ehh I have to disagree.

I met my bf thru OKC. I was the one who contacted him at first (tips to the ladies, pls don't just sit around and twiddle your thumbs if you're serious about this making a relationship work thing...if you see someone you like, do something about it.) Funny thing was, I wasn't really interested in a LTR at that point, only to make friends. And his profile says he's happy to just make friends too, so I thought why not? Worse comes to worst, I make a new friend and go my merry way. But it ended up working well for both of us. And now we're 3 years strong. It can happen and work out for you if you put the effort in. Obviously still pick someone you feel you will get along with and not just anyone, but be active. Dating is and will always be, a number's game.

Also this is how I've met my 3 best guy pals and one good girl friend. The difference between failing and succeeding is to persevere.

you met your best guy pals on OKC too? uhm interesting . I were talking to this one guy while talking to my current bf. He confessed saying he likes me after a while but I am already with my bf so I suggested on us being friends. Honestly we talk/hang more than me& bf would. However my stupid skype is acting up& kick me out. Now I dont even remember the pw to sign back in . I've been wanting to get back into OKC but for friends only but Im afraid that bf might had a different impression of me

Edited by nn_nn

Ehh I have to disagree.

you met your best guy pals on OKC too? uhm interesting . I were talking to this one guy while talking to my current bf. He confessed saying he likes me after a while but I am already with my bf so I suggested on us being friends. Honestly we talk/hang more than me& bf would. However my stupid skype is acting up& kick me out. Now I dont even remember the pw to sign back in . I've been wanting to get back into OKC but for friends only but Im afraid that bf might had a different impression of me

No, I didn't meet my other best guy pals thru OKC. I met them thru other online portals. First was Xanga, an online blog that's now pretty much defunct. Then another through Omegle lool. And finally one through this learning a new language penpal website. But they don't actually live near me...so theyre no risk to me and my bf. I talk to most of them almost everyday or every other day but still more than I talk to my bf.

Honestly I think most guys will initially like you but after you've been friends for a long time, that feeling fades and you won't be their crush anymore. 

I don't suggest going back on OKC for guy friends, that'll make your bf feel insecure. But I will suggest telling him that you feel really neglected lately and talk about it. What about girl friends? Do you want to make girl friends instead?

Ehh I have to disagree.

No, I didn't meet my other best guy pals thru OKC. I met them thru other online portals. First was Xanga, an online blog that's now pretty much defunct. Then another through Omegle lool. And finally one through this learning a new language penpal website. But they don't actually live near me...so theyre no risk to me and my bf. I talk to most of them almost everyday or every other day but still more than I talk to my bf.

Honestly I think most guys will initially like you but after you've been friends for a long time, that feeling fades and you won't be their crush anymore. 

I don't suggest going back on OKC for guy friends, that'll make your bf feel insecure. But I will suggest telling him that you feel really neglected lately and talk about it. What about girl friends? Do you want to make girl friends instead?

seems like your bf is really a workholic to have barely no time for you, I admired you seriously. I had gone crazy on my bf for texting me more than talking to me on the phone. He is getting better though, but on his PMS day it would be the same again except this time it is on level 5 instead of 1 @initiate stage where he straight just text me. Now he would call somewhat everyday or every other day ...

i had never heard of that website before, what is that all about? same as penpal? I had penpal like 5+years ago but dont even remember the account to log back on haha of course I would love to have girl friends, but I find it so difficult to connect sometimes. Bf and I have been dating for 5 months, and with his group of BFF girls i still feel shy, awkward around them ...sometimes I stay silent coz I dont want to say fake stuff/ or fake being myself. Rather shut up then being fake to myself ..

I don't suggest going back on OKC for guy friends, that'll make your bf feel insecure.

annoying for the guys on okc as well. its a dating site. find friends elsewhere please.

I talked to a few guys on OKC before my bf, and after I rejected one of them. they are fine being my friends and we are still friends until this day

Edited by nn_nn

I don't suggest going back on OKC for guy friends, that'll make your bf feel insecure.

annoying for the guys on okc as well. its a dating site. find friends elsewhere please.

I talked to a few guys on OKC before my bf, and after I rejected one of them. they are fine being my friends and we are still friends until this day

Or he is just patiently waiting for you guys to break up so he can swoop you. 

Or he is just patiently waiting for you guys to break up so he can swoop you. 

nah I told him that i only see him as a friend; and I never told him anything that is going on or the issue that we have been having ...so he thought that we are happy all the time without the internal issue

• 3 weeks later...

online dating as in maple story bf/gf?? how old are we all? haha

or are we talking online dating sites?

either way need to tread carefully, heaps of guys lie to make themselves sound better. I've done it back in the maple story days! good times

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a few for the fun of it to pass the time while I'm at work. Trying to get someone to talk back to you I'd about 1 to 100. Maybe because I'm just ugly but hell I miss the old days of zuup and AA where I actually met people outside of the site. But I have to admit it's interesting how everyone post about how they love to travel and eat. Like seriously don't we all lol

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a few for the fun of it to pass the time while I'm at work. Trying to get someone to talk back to you I'd about 1 to 100. Maybe because I'm just ugly but hell I miss the old days of zuup and AA where I actually met people outside of the site. But I have to admit it's interesting how everyone post about how they love to travel and eat. Like seriously don't we all lol

Which ones are you on? lol.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a bunch of times that I've never done online dating. It's out of my realm. I already get a bunch of creeps offline. I would think that online would be much worse, since guys think they can say whatever they want without repercussions.

i was on OKC and Skout, its interesting how many scams there is, haha aww hope i'm not one of those creeps

I think dating online is very worth a try. But, it should be this case: you have a social channel like Facebook and you make friend with someone else there. I don't mention to other online dating sites like Plenty of Fish because I haven’t tried it at all. I met my guy through Facebook. That is also called as online dating, right? But, after that, we met each other in the real life and fall in love with each other more. So, I believe that online dating is totally worth. If you are interested in dating online, you may need to learn how to flirt with online the right way. 

Edited by vanessatan
Miss helpful information