Online dating Yes or No ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ehh I have to disagree. I met my bf thru OKC. I was the one who contacted him at first (tips to the ladies, pls don't just sit around and twiddle your thumbs if you're serious about this making a rela

Men actually can say anything online without repercussions. The backlash only happens when they get to meet you and you tell em so. Online dating is full of creeps, assholes and wannabees. On the othe

Honestly, I don't think it works for me.  If it does work for you then you are more than likely a very strong minded person who knows yourself well and exactly what you want in life. The only rea

Guest knockblock

@jennibear01: Being desperate with dating is going outside with no clothes on with a cigarette in your mouth asking as many people as you can to date you until they say yes.

That's not being desperate with dating. That's being a lunatic showing people something nobody wants to see, and most likely to get a no.

• 1 month later...

I've tried OkCupid and Match. I actually had a good experience. More so with Match. If you are more serious, thend I would go with Match or eharmony. I feel like people who are actually looking for something will be willing to pay for the service.

My dad, after divorcing my mom, has gone out with plenty of women via datingsites. He currently has a girlfriend he's been going out with for about 5-6 years now. They met at an online datingsite.My brother met his girlfriend (and some others) via a datingsite too. She just gave birth to their first kid.
So yes, there are successtories. But there's also failure there. You need to weed through the bad to get a few good ones. I would suggest a datingsite you need to pay for since you're less likely to pick up on some douchebag who's only in it for the one-night-stands. Also, be prepared to invest time. This is the same as with any relationship, online and offline. you need to invest time into it and each other to make it work. Things don't magically work better online, it's only easier to meet people and to get an idea of who you're meeting (either just online or in real life, after).Unfortunately you will also come across fakers. People already in relationships or just doing it for kicks. Prepare to be hurt too, as it is in real life.
Eventhough there are plenty of reasons not to do it, there are equally plenty reasons to just go for it. Remember that in real life, you're bound to get hurt too. The same "dangers" lurk online. Online just makes it easier to meet them from the comforts of your own home :)The only real reason you should have to not go for it, is when you want to stay single. All other reasons should be cautiously ignored. Good luck! :)

Guest severus

On tinder to procrastinate for my final exam tomorrow. 
Apparently shagging on the beanbags in the library is something people suggest to strangers these days.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seri00_stv

I've tried a few sites. But I think my paranoia got me every time. If you're not afraid of meeting people outside and being comfortable with complete strangers it's fine. However, the choices on sites usually aren't that great for my preferences. I prefer asian guys, but most sites don't have many in that alley in my opinion. I've had friends meet people on tinder and they end up with relationships lasting over a year. So not all experiences are bad.

Guest HERMIT

I doubt I'd get very far trying to find love through a dating site.

I mean, c'mon.  Look at my avatar.  That's how I'd look perusing a dating site.

Shoot, that's how I look like now as I type this...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest evnky_stv

You meet some pretty interesting people over the internet, which is why sometimes I feel like it might be more thrilling and different than if you were to date someone in your own area. I've personally been in an online relationship before and I was really confident that I would be able to handle these types of relationships since I'm a pretty devoted and loyal individual, but eventually insecurities and trust issues have gotten the best of me and it jeopardized the relationship. I applaud those who can overcome these types of relationships and make it work, but at the same time I don't feel like online dating and LDRs are for everyone. It takes a lot more strength, devotion and effort than a relationship you would have normally with someone you would be able to see everyday.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, probably not...because idk online dating just seems too fake and superficial.  I'd rather just meet them in person because it's a lot easier to connect and communicate which is obviously vital to any sort of a relationship.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joonsuk7

I've tried some dating website trials but never go to the point of spending money on them. My friend met his girlfriend there and it seems honest and reliable, so I'm going to give it a try some time.