Online dating Yes or No ?

MissAria

Guest vivisaurx

This is a pretty old post, but I just wanted to put in my 2-cent! I am currently with the love of my life and we met through an online game eight years ago! Even though this might be different then using an online dating site, let's not forget the world is a huge place... why limit yourself to those people you are only exposed to it the physical contact world? Even though the online world might not seem like the most romantic way to meet, it's a very practical source of finding others with similar interest quickly, given that fact that the online profile about the person is truthful. I have never went on blind dates before, but it's very common in Asia & among college students where I am from. Whether you are dating for fun or seeking long term, be careful and always meet up at local/busy environments. 

Guest paulkabo2230

bullllshitttt.. All these freakin services providin online soulmates are fake. THey all supply richard simmons at your big pocket spendings and most of them are fake or richard simmons.... Annooyyyeeddd:angry:

Edited by paulkabo2230

Guest Jeanica

ummm NEVER. Cos I tried, and this guy I thought was a cute korean dude around my age asked me if i wanted to see his "below". yay -.-

i say yes! go for it! i totally agree with that person that said.. y limit yourself to the ppl that's surrounding you.. ppl that's only in close proximity.. ya know.. it's good to get out there and meet ppl from all over and find your best match from there.. there are indeed plenty of fish out there so i suggest ppl to find your best chance in meeting the right one.. (if you haven't!) and go from there! trust me, i know how it's like searching for possible matches online. i've been through that and right now i'm with a guy i met on pof for almost 3 months and the relationship is going strong. i can honestly say i do love him and the feelings are just continuing to grow stronger each and every day. if it works out, great! if it doesn't, just move on, right? hope this helps :P

I'm on a few for the fun of it to pass the time while I'm at work. Trying to get someone to talk back to you I'd about 1 to 100. Maybe because I'm just ugly but hell I miss the old days of zuup and AA where I actually met people outside of the site. But I have to admit it's interesting how everyone post about how they love to travel and eat. Like seriously don't we all lol

Which ones are you on? lol.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this a bunch of times that I've never done online dating. It's out of my realm. I already get a bunch of creeps offline. I would think that online would be much worse, since guys think they can say whatever they want without repercussions.

Men actually can say anything online without repercussions. The backlash only happens when they get to meet you and you tell em so. Online dating is full of creeps, assholes and wannabees. On the other hand, so is Real Life. Goes for women too I'd might add. 
Everyone thinks they're too good for you, or think you lack a certain something. They come on to you with lame openings ("Haven't I seen you before, like in my wet dream last night?") or with drinks.

Dating, any kind of dating really, is a socially awkward experiment to weed out the bad from the good, eventhough the bad sometimes may seem (and taste ;) ) good (and vice versa). I personally look forward to the age where dating consists of a computer finding your perfect match in genes, social skills, communicative skills, talents, tastes and likes. It sets a date for the both of you in a dark room where you can only talk to each other but not see each other. If, and only if, you find the experience from that satisfying you get to know the other persons ID and get to see him/her. Perhaps repeat the same dark-room-"date" a couple of times to be sure before you actually meet in daylight.
Yeah, I'd love that. Though I'm currently happily married, ofcourse :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• 1 month later...
On August 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM, severus said:

The part where the guy picks up a girl in Aritzia in Sommelier's video? Now that's comedy. 

Aritzia is a great place to meet girls in Vancouver.  It's hot Asian girl central (Lulu pants + TNA top --> Every girl I dated in college).  

• 2 weeks later...

I believe dating sites is fun and effective mostly when a handsome guy and beautiful woman gets paired up. Or a handsome not choosy guy with a normal girl. Depends on preferences. Unless one or both of them really felt the interest/infatuation/love with one another no matter what they look like.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2016 at 0:47 AM, miketyson28 said:

I believe dating sites is fun and effective mostly when a handsome guy and beautiful woman gets paired up. Or a handsome not choosy guy with a normal girl. Depends on preferences. Unless one or both of them really felt the interest/infatuation/love with one another no matter what they look like.

i agree with you. i tried online dating for a month and i think i wasn't as serious as i want to be, and i just want to try it out---who knows it definitely works for some people

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

No. Why? The world is a very, VERY scary place...

It has always been scary. Scary, and violent and unfair and much more of those terrible things.

It has, however, also been lovely, friendly, kind, giving, caring, awesome, beautiful and much, MUCH more of those things.

The only difference is that now, with global communications and multiple ways to get news delivered instantly in front of you wherever you are, we are shocked into oblivion by all the bad stuff that's been happening all around us. War has been ongoing on this planet for centuries though. Same goes for famine and diseases, killings, muggings, stealing and all those other bad things you're constantly informed about. In the past, we simply didn't have the ability to read about it. So what a war's going on in Kongo or people are dieing because they don't have enough to eat. Newspapers only reported about it a week later since it simply took that long to get the news home. And by that time, nobody cared and it wasn't newsworthy anymore.
These days, news is delivered in an instant and so everything has become newsworthy. Thankfully, we also have stuff like this: Cute-kittens-12929201-1600-1200.jpg

Remember, the world might be a scary place, but only if we let it be. The world is also a very nice, loving and caring place where good things do happen. You just need to open you eyes :) Just like you need to open your eyes for the possibility that an online website might just bring you closer to the one you've always been waiting for. Have faith, love will come, in whatever form it chooses to come by your door :)

Guest severus
53 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

I knew it. Glad I've still got the secret stash hidden in...

Oh no. I'm not telling YOU!

Hi CamelKnight, this is a warning for being off topic.

Now you have to tell a tinder story/ go on tinder to have a tinder story to tell.