Online dating Yes or No ?

MissAria

• 5 months later...

Its a very complicated subject, because from my my personal experience I would say no. I tried several sites and it didn't fit me at all: i had pretty low conversion rate(i didn't have much responses and it frustrates me) and when someone for some reason respond to me it was weird to say at least. But on the other hand, several of my friend found their love on dating sites. Only last month I was a best man on a wedding, which was arrange with the help of dating site. My best friend(he is 38 man with a degree in Psychology) had a task to write about how online dating changed the landscape of relationships and for that reason he made some sort of research and he had  to register on several dating sites in order to collect information on that subject. The next thing he know he was texting back and forth with some woman . The rest of this story is now history. So its a subjective thing and you need to decide for yourself.

Edited by CamelKnight
URL to website removed, no advertising allowed. Please adhere to forum rules, thnx!

haha, from my personal experience, i would say, a definite YES! i've been in a committed relationship for almost 2 years now and guess where i met my bf? yes! POF! aka plenty of fish lol. we were drawn to eachother's pictures so we started messaging eachother. we had a nice convo goin, then we traded numbers and later on we decided to meet up and everything went extremely well! i didn't actually start having feelings for him until a few weeks into our relationship, so it was a lil rocky at the start, but ever since then, it was smooth sailing all the way with ups and downs here and there. he's the first guy i've fallen in love with. so if u ask me, i say go for it! there's really nothing wrong with online dating! u might find ur one true love online u never know! give it a try girl! :D

P.S. i just read ur update.. hm.. finding true love doesn't just happen instantly.. i advise u to just be patient :tongue:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, NO unless you are supper lonely... I would rather ask for your friend to find someone near!

But I have seen lots of people around me who find their loves from the dating application! so it's your call!

• 2 months later...

Definitely yes. I found my wife on such site. She was going to emigrate in states and was looking for the man to support her and help with the invitation. We fell in love after about month of talking online. I was suspicious a bit, but she never asked for money or paying for a ticket or smth like that. We're together for 2 years already. So far so good
I found her on this 
And online dating kind of deprive you of any sexual temptations which help to build up more close and emotional relationship.

Edited by CamelKnight
removed link to website

It works for some and not for some. I think in life if you really want something badly, you will make it happen. One of my friend wants to have a boyfriend badly and that's what happen to her. She and her bf dated for a month and now they are exclusively seeing each other for about 6 months. So really, it depends whether your heart is in it to win it. Online dating has its pros and cons just like anything in life. If you are serious about looking for a boyfriend or just a new friend, then you sure will find it. It's all up to how you pursue it and take control of it.

Trump Brings Prestige to the Mail Order Bride Industry.

For years, International Marriage Services had to live with the stigma of being referred to as Mail Order Bride services.   However, many consider the term "mail-order bride" derogatory and feel it demeans foreign women by comparing them to commodities for sale and falsely implying that (unlike local women), they exercise no judgment over the men they meet and would marry anyone from a relatively wealthy country. Even with the foreign women being labeled as mail order brides these companies have grown in popularity for the past two decades, largely due to the internet.   The industry grew at such a fast pace it caught the attention of the US senator Maria Cantwell of Washington State,  who in 2006 she  pushed  a bill through congress known as IMBRA or International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act.   Although the intent of Senator Cantwell was clearly meant to put Foreign Bride Companies out of business by severely restricting how men communicate with foreign women.  In the end, the companies flourished under the new regulations as these business quickly modified their business models.

Kenneth Agee, marketing Director for A Foreign Affair one of the largest so called Mail Order Bride Companies says, "We have always had to overcome this label. Since Trump announced his candidacy for president of the United States, the industry saw a significant increase in upscale business men looking for foreign brides. Once he became president, Trump made it the new status symbol of success to be married to an eastern European women.  With First Lady Melanie Trump in the White House, opinions about foreign women have dramatically changed.   Once men were scorned upon to be married to a women from Russian or the Ukraine, now is seen as prestigious. And we are seeing huge increase of men seeking foreign brides, our client base is up by more than 200% since Trump has taken office.  This month alone we will be taking over 100 American men to the Ukraine, mostly very successful executives."  Beside online matchmaking, the company arranges group tours for men that will travel to countries throughout the world.  During these tours the men will meet hundreds of pre-screened women during what A Foreign Affair calls "Social Events" or what Kenneth calls speed dating on steroids.

Critics say these women are just used as arm trophies for business men in America.  That men take advantage of the women's circumstances, both economical and geographical.  Kenneth argues, "I would hardly say Melanie Trump has been taken advantage of or refer her to as a Mail Order Bride.  Women choose just like the men choose, we are all adults and are responsible for our own choices.  It is just that men in America have a good reputation for the way we treat women and how we take care of our families. This opens the door to the men to meet some of the most beautiful women in the world."

Trump is not the only high profile person to marry a foreign women, Jeb Bush met his wife in Mexico.  Rupert Murdoch former CEO of Fox News married Wendi Deng from China, and the list goes on.

If Trump accomplishes nothing else during his presidency he has clearly helped one Industry.

• 3 months later...

I've become attracted to people I'm foruming with regularly, but it never started because I set out to find a date. But even then, just because we have online chemistry doesn't mean we have real-life chemistry. This is one reason I've never tried real online dating. I'd rather just go out and meet someone in person and see if we have real-life chemistry from the get-go or not.

From trying multiple sites, I would say no. 

Personally, a lot of guys that I've met on there have been guys who try to rush a relationship, trying to get your number after saying hi. Maybe its the location. I think letting things take its course and doing something more natural works better, for me at least. 

I know a lot of people have had luck online, but its always a long shot. 

if you wait your love will find you and doing absolutely nothing...I don't think IT will find you... I think today online dating are so common, like Tinder. It's not your love who's looking for you, it's simple arithmetic and computer calculations that help you to find   

• 2 weeks later...

Why not? It's an excellent way to be able to reach thousands upon thousands of potential candidates that you may otherwise never meet in your life-time.

It's an efficient platform, whether your goal is to score a one-night-stand, meet friends, or a life-long partner.

• Like 1