Online dating Yes or No ?

MissAria

1 hour ago, severus said:

Now you have to tell a tinder story/ go on tinder to have a tinder story to tell. 

My wife would have a field day :) Besides, Tinder isn't my thing. Did do other dating sites when I was younger though. I even met a few girls and hung out a couple of times. Nothing serious though.

2 hours ago, ispas1988 said:

Hi.. I am against online dating as I don’t find it trustworthy.You may not get to know the person who is on the other side. His/ her age and identity can be fake. I would recommend a matchmaking service in Toronto, Premier Introductions ( http://www.premierintroductions.ca/our-services/ ). where you get to know each other. Another difference between online dating and matchmaking is that clients are generally screened before set up in a matchmaking situation. Whereas, there is not much of a guarantee in the online world

BUT YOU'RE EVEN MORE UNTRUSTWORTHY!!

eh ,my opinion has kind of changed over the years. Every where you go- doesn't matter if its just you're just in a meet up group or in a facebook group with other people with mutual interest... I find that there's always one person that is actively seeking for love..or some one to stalk.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, in age of 43 I got diverse and my ex took everything from me. I got disappointed in women and decided to live rest of my life alone, but after one year I realized that I want to have family, to be loved, to be happy, to share every moment with someone… In net I found one dating site and I saw there one charming lady Olga… her eyes were hypnotizing. So I wrote her a letter in http://loveconstellation.com  - she answered and we started chatting with her every day. I fall in love like a boy and decided to check how she is in real life.  And when I reached Ukraine I fall more in love with Olga. Now we are already 2 years married and I’m happy that God and http://loveconstellation.com helped me to love again… If you are searching your love – try this site, you can find there your sense of life too…

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't think it works for me. 

If it does work for you then you are more than likely a very strong minded person who knows yourself well and exactly what you want in life. The only reason you are resorting to online dating is because you have a busy schedule and are unable to meet people in person. However, without these circumstances online dating is not something you need to do because you are already perfectly capable of meeting a person offline.

For the rest of us, well some of us aren't as lucky. Most people who are on online dating - who have tried and failed (myself included) have something they need to fix in themselves -  I believe It's mostly emotional health. Online dating used to have a bad rep in the early days because it was considered to be only for the desperate and lonely. Sure, today it's considered hip and cool and most people are doing it.... but STILL you have to ask yourself, why? Why is it suddenly considered cool and hip, after so many years to meet someone with one swipe? If you look back on the past 5 years social media has really been BLOWING up - so much that it's out of control and people cannot be away from their phones. AND THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM. People today are becoming more and more socially inept and unable to create meaningful connections with the outside world because it's SO MUCH easier to do these things on the internet. And wow, is that sad. 

The ONLY dating app that I think works is coffee meets bagel. But ONLY when it was in its beginning stages. Nowadays, I feel like it's received an influx of people who previously frequented sites such as okcupid, POF, and tinder in order to find hook up partners and want to "try something new". (again, individuals who struggle with emotional health)

In conclusion, I think online dating only works if you are emotionally healthy. (physical health is important too, but if you have emotional health I believe that is something easy to achieve as you have already passed over an EXTREMELY difficult obstacle many people struggle with on a day to day basis). A phrase that I constantly keep in my head is "nothing in life worth having comes easy" (people who watch scrubs - you know where I go this quote) and I really, truly believe that. 

The REAL question you need to ask before signing up for these websites is - are you MENTALLY prepared for dating in general? Emotionally, spiritually, physically? If the answer to those three are no, don't even waste your time. You have a lot of work to do. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I dont really know about dating websites but i did meet my girlfriend through an online game. Right now i live in america and shes in Australia. I wasnt on the game to look for someone to date but we hit it off really fast and clicked as soon as we talked. Right now we're talking about moving in together since its been quite some time dating. We visted each other couple of times and considering our relationship seriously. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, markjeson said:

Dating is not always as easy as people make it look, so sometimes people need a little help. Don't get discouraged, just because you have been rejected in the past doesn't mean it's going to happen forever. We are here to help you learn how to make any girl like you, and fast! iIf you are looking for a proven system to get the attention of a HOT woman fast.Click on the link to find out The Biggest Secret Of Attracting Hard To Get Women

If anyone clicks that do tell. The biggest way to get a hot woman isn't truly a secret. Show her your heart. Show her the world. Show her you love her. Show her you can protect her.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2016 at 1:43 AM, rosierosie said:

i change my mind, online dating can be energy draining and you have to really shoot what you want

I agree. It's best to be upfront about your intentions and desires. There's a lot of miscommunication and off-vibes that can be taken the wrong way.

I'm still trying it and I have a gutsy, non-standard, profile to make sure people know what I want.

• 3 weeks later...

Dating online or dating apps are only good if you're a female or a white or maybe a black guy. Otherwise, forget about that richard simmons. I've tried Coffee meets Bagel, Tinder, and recently moved to a large city in the PNW, where my only options are mainly white females and a smatter of Asian chicks.

I hate to sound like I'm whining, but being an Asian male puts you at the lowest of the low on the dating totem pole.

I have also joined Korean churches to find a future mate, only to find out that she's dating someone, or the majority of them are already married with children.

Online dating can be successful, and I'm all for it if you believe you found the right one. Destroy the taboo that online dating are for losers. There are 7 billion people in the world. It's ludicrous to believe you should only date people that live in close proximity. Social media is created to connect with people, and in order to find potential partners, you have to connect to new people.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Tinder upon suggestion from a friend, mostly because I was sick of getting matchmade with "nice" guys by family friends. Awkward at first but so far I've met two, dating one right now and we hit it off pretty well. 

Online dating is very trendy, and very normal now as it's in compared to before. it's fun, you get to connect with new people outside of your friends circle, trying something new and just enjoy it.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...