[Drama 2015] My Heart Twinkle Twinkle 내 마음 반짝반짝 Thanks for watching...

Ldy Gmerm

I watched raw and it was rather fun.  Loved Wun Tak's hair do, very similar to Spock's; so I was looking for pointy ears too.  I hope he delivers a brilliant badass; I love villains when well orchestrated and well played.  And I hope Sun Jin rises up to the ocasion then it's going to be awesome.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

andy78 said: it seems Woon Tak is obsessed with the eldest daughter...she does not feel the same...I don't think their  relationship(marriage)will be a happy one,i feel she will be forced to become his wife...their familly is a mess!!!i already dislike Woon Tak so much!Anybody knows who will be the main otp?

baduy said: andy78 said: it seems Woon Tak is obsessed with the eldest daughter...she does not feel the same...I don't think their  relationship(marriage)will be a happy one,i feel she will be forced to become his wife...their familly is a mess!!!i already dislike Woon Tak so much!Anybody knows who will be the main otp?

andy78 said: it seems Woon Tak is obsessed with the eldest daughter...she does not feel the same...I don't think their  relationship(marriage)will be a happy one,i feel she will be forced to become his wife...their familly is a mess!!!i already dislike Woon Tak so much!Anybody knows who will be the main otp?

@Ldy_Gmerm Thanks for starting this thread. :) Thanks to all for your updates and insights.

I missed the opening ep ...but it seems good so far. Will certainly be checking it out. I love chicken....I mean the theme of this drama :D I'm really glad that SoompiTV will be subbing this drama. Thanks SoompiTV :-bd

@jadecloud
The character introduction and background on the bad blood made the first episode very interesting and good.. Too bad that BSB is a bad guy in this one... I would have liked to see a different story line for him.. but oh well...Love the cast in this one.. I Love chicken as well and after watching that first episode.. I had to make some for dinner.. (note to self do not watch this drama on an empty stomach.. ) :D

" In the beginning there was darkness. Then there was light".
Voice-over by Lee Soon Jung at the start of Ep 1. Let's hope this is true for the drama as Ep 1 had a heartbreaking rating of 2.9% (AGB).  :(
Enjoyable first episode. Liking the feisty little sis. 
Fingers crossed for Ep 2!

I have mixed feelings about the first episode.
It did not completely hold my interest. For one, I am a bit tired of watching Kdrama with high-school bullying, and recently watched one, with the same actress being one of the head bullies. I was not looking for a repeat performance.

Unfortunately, if Nam Bo-Ra's character is indeed the "main character" as @baduy suggested (with good logic, I might add), we may be subjected to more of that bullying.

I have seen most of the script-writer's previous drama - Goddess of Marriage. If the writer adopts a similar approach in this drama, then it may very well be that the "focus" so to speak may be on Nam Bo-Ra's character (Lee Soon-Jung) and her potential two suitors. (Similarly in GOM the main focus was on a young woman and her two suitors). And I do think that most viewers focused and related to that main triangle -  eventually - a pair. Whereas, I felt there was enough interest for me to watch because of the other couples and "stories," also told with excellent actors and actresses such as Jo Min-Soo (whom I adored in the movie "Pieta" and for which she won the Asian Pacific Film Awards) and Jang Yeong-Nam (who was so good in the film "Azooma".)

My point is  that my guesstimate is that even if Nam Bo-Ra's character is the main focus of the drama, (as is most likely the case) -  I think/hope,  that there is enough in the other characters' and their stories to hold the viewers' interest.

Personally, I have interest in this drama mostly for Bae Soo-Bin, even though I do like other cast members.

Come to think about it, in the original drama poster we see Bae Soo-Bin's character (Choon Woon-Tak) with the three sisters. He clearly has his hand on his wife's shoulder. His wife (Lee Soon-Jin played by Jang Shin-Yang) is seated with her sister (Lee Soon-Soo played by Lee Tae-Im) on a sofa just below Choon Woon-Tak, and he seems to have his attention on these two sisters. Nam Bo-Ra's character (Lee Soon-Jung) is seated apart from her two sisters, almost (but not quite) at the level that Choon Woon-Tak is seated, to the side of him and her sisters.

If we did not know any better, about Choon Woon-Tak and his rivalry and history with the Lee Jin-Sam, we could almost think he is the girls' protector....  and not the one, they vow to take revenge on.

My_Heart_Twinkle_Twinkle-p1.jpg

I went in expecting the worse out of this series but I have to say it's not that bad after all. I'm even optimistic about the way BSB's character will turn out since I smell redemption story all the way for the gangster/CEO with a soft spot for the all around good girl oldest daughter. I might be in the minority here but I have a feeling the writer is still thinking about who to focus on right now, the original plan obviously was to focus on the maknae but I guess they reconsidered after KSR and KJE bailed on them (smart decision if you ask me since NBR doesn't exactly scream leading role material to be honest) and now they're trying to test things out and see who gets the best response from the audience.  I personally would stick with the older siblings story but I'm not exactly objective on the matter since I've only started this because of BSB (too bad he doesn't do comedy here because the guy is simply awesome at it :( ).
 Anyway all in all it's not a bad first ep and they can do good things with this story the main thing is not to be influenced by the ratings too much (yeah that's going to happen :)) ) and not go full on makjang on us.

P.S. Is it just me or did the middle daughter have about 30 sec of screen time? Pretty obvious she won't be getting much attention despite the synopsis or the posters - another victim of continuous rewriting I guess.

Archived