[Drama 2015] Flower of the Queen 여왕의 꽃

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are English subs, software-translated from Chinese subs, that you will find at Darksmurfsubs.com, and they may be the only subs available right now.  Ep 1 and 2 have been there since Wednesday. If you have the raw, you can watch with those subs.  DSS does not stream videos publicly, so the videos are there only for members (free) who help make fix the software translations.  I have put in a basic word and name substitution file, so the names and a few other details are okay for the first 2 episodes.  Grammar in the software-translation is poor but you will get used to it, and can pretty much understand everything with the subs there now.  If anybody wants to edit the lines there into proper grammar, feel free to.  Looks like everybody needs to help each other on this drama, as no subbing group has picked it up.  I don't think any of us regular translator/editors at DSS are ready to work on it either (too many dramas and too few hands!).

Also, if you use the DSS subs and some story detail is not clear, just ask here. Maybe one of us could help clear it.

Ep  3 - Jae Joon's mom Hee Ra and Yoo Ri's mom Hye Jin scheme to expose Yi Sol XnVRSHS.jpg

EP 3 - Jae Joon gets mad at Yi Sol for deceiving him as Yoo Ri for money. He then shoves money into Yi Sol's hand.eQ6WyDi.jpg

Images CR: As tagged
Random Thots/Recap on Ep 3 - This is another enjoyable ep. The opening scene is interesting but sad. I simply love this second OTP Jae Joon/Yi Sol, though they have to undergo some heartwrenching obstacles first. Besides them, the main OTP Lena and Min Joon are interesting. Can't wait to see their squabbles turning into attraction. And the rivalry between Lena and Hee Ra and Hee Ra and Min Joon are two other main plot lines I can't wait to see.
Hee Ra and Hye Jin set out to expose Yi Sol to Jae Joon as soon as they found out that Yoo Ri didn't go to the blind dates and had sent someone else. At the reflexology salon where Yi Sol works part-time, Hee Ra brings Jae Joon there to expose Yi Sol but pretends like Yi Sol is Yoo Ri. Until Hye Jin walks in and says that's not her daughter Yoo Ri. 
Yi Sol hurriedly leaves the room. Jae Joon goes after her for an explanation. Yi Sol tells him to ask Yoo Ri. Then Jae Joon has a flashback of what Yi Sol told him during their date - that she has many part-time jobs cos she needs to make money. Jae Joon then shoves some cash into Yi Sol's hand saying 'here, you want money? these are to pay you for keeping me company those couple of days'. Yi Sol tries to explain to Jae Joon that she's sincere about what she had told him during their dates. Jae Joon thinks she's all about money. Yi Sol resignedly accepts the cash. Jae Joon leaves the room, bumps into Yi Sol's mom (non-bio) on his way out.
JoonSol Fighting!   

So based on episode 4 clue aka the picture that Yi Sol grandma left behind for mom(i think it's her mom)we know who her real parents are,we knew before hand who the mother was but now we might know who the dad is as well making it quite intresting thinking about the relationship between the characters and being a drama of course all are conected....so till we found out more it's quite possible that Yi Sol is the step sister of Yu Ra,hmm even the charts of the drama point to him as the biological dad so they didn't keep the possibility open for other secret...curious what well happenen when Rena will meet see In Chul again...a bit sad that this week there weren't almost at all moments between Yi Sol and Jae Joon but i guess things will pick up more from next week now that the family moved to Seoul with the recents events concerning the grandma funeral...I guess the first stage will be for now Rena quest to marry Min Joon and climbing up while facing all the family...

^^^ Actually nobody is subbing it at DSS yet,  What is there are the subs which are software-translated from Chinese subs.  The first 4 episodes subs files are now available.  Somewhat watchable but you need to forget English grammar and just see the words and get a sense of what is going on :) ... That's all we have for now.

miky88 said: So based on episode 4 clue aka the picture that Yi Sol grandma left behind for mom(i think it's her mom)we know who her real parents are,we knew before hand who the mother was but now we might know who the dad is as well making it quite intresting thinking about the relationship between the characters and being a drama of course all are conected....so till we found out more it's quite possible that Yi Sol is the step sister of Yu Ra,hmm even the charts of the drama point to him as the biological dad so they didn't keep the possibility open for other secret...curious what well happenen when Rena will meet see In Chul again...a bit sad that this week there weren't almost at all moments between Yi Sol and Jae Joon but i guess things will pick up more from next week now that the family moved to Seoul with the recents events concerning the grandma funeral...I guess the first stage will be for now Rena quest to marry Min Joon and climbing up while facing all the family...

Annyeong everyone :)
I'm seriously hooked on this drama. It's very good so far, IMO. The weekend's eps of 3 and 4, and the developing plots are continuing to be interesting. Not much is unveiled but still interesting.
Many mysteries still to be revealed. I'm now dying to see flashback of what happened to Yi Sol: - How did Lena(who was then Eun Hye) meet and fall in love. Or were they in love or just a one night stand? Chances are In Cheol left Eun Hye to marry rich man's daughter Hye Jin, who's is unloving and overly dominant and ambitious, forcing Yoo Ri to marry Jae Joon for Prez's investment in expanding more hospitals.- How did Lena end up dumping Yi Sol in an orphanage? - How did Yang Soon end up adopting Yi Sol from an orphanage when she has been living in poverty and also has another daughter Eun Sol? - How and why did Yang Soon and her girls end up in Kaoshiung, Taipei when her family(mom, oppa and eonnie) are in Seoul, Korea?- How did Yang Soon and girls end up living under one roof with Sam Shik's family of 3? I bet these 3 will also move to Seoul since Yang Soon and fam are there now, and since Sam Shik's elder son Dong Goo has a one-sided love for Yi Sol.- It seems that Sam Shik is now(from ep 4) shown to have a liking for Yang Soon(LOL, from the bra she left behind after she and daughters left for her mom's funeral in Seoul)- It was a sad scene when Yang Soon tried to steal the funeral 'white gold' while the family is sleeping, but got caught by oppa. However, it was nice and compassionate of oppa to instruct his family to give the money to Yang Soon with a kind heart rather than let her 'steal with shame'.- With that money, Yang Soon paid off the Taipei loanshark's debt and a new beginning in Seoul with Yi Sol and Eun Sol from upcoming weeks. Yay! cos this will pave the way for Yi Sol and Jae Joon to meet again :) Can't wait to see this OTP!
Then there's also the mystery of Hee Ra whom we know is another double-headed snake, scheming for her bio-son Jae Joon to take over the TNC Group empire while pretending to be looking out for Min HJoon in front of Prez Tae Soon, pretending that Min Joon naturally has to be the successor since he's the older son:- How did Hee Ra and Tae Soo meet? We know Hee Ra's mom is against the union saying 'a flower stuck on cowdung' LOL. Was Hee Ra a rich man's daughter and Tae Soo wooed her? Or vice versa?- Was it an affair while Min Joon's bio-mom was alive?- What happened to Min Joon's bio-mom? How did she die?- Hee Ra pretending to want to jump off a cliff and die when Jae Joon tells her he wants to live his life his way, that he doesn't want to marry Yoo Ri. Well, this pretense worked! Such a cliche-ish kdrama plot ...why do the k-moms always think their kids have to do what they want since k-moms have sacrificed their lives for their kids? 
There's also the other mystery of pitiful Lena, then known as Eun Hye before she left for USA:- Fm ep 3, we know her bio-dad was an abusive SOB who beats her bio-mom, esp when drunk, and also in front of young Eun Hye- And one night, he continued to beat Eun Hye's mom, who got mad and pushed him back. He fell and knocked down a heater that caused the fire. Dad was burnt alive. - Eun Hye and her bio-mom escaped from the fire. - Eun Hye's mom tried to commit suicide together with Eun Hye by attempting to drown in the sea. But Eun Hye screams and struggles saying 'she wants to live, she wants to live well'.- But bio-mom died later. What happened? And how did Eun Hye end up meeting In Cheol and having Yi Sol? What happened that made her leave for USA? - There was another woman during that night of the fire who tried to save Eun Hye's dad. But failed. Not sure if she was also burnt alive or if not, prob would resurface in later eps.- But Lena wasn't responsible for her dad's death in that fire. Wonder why she's afraid of this being known? My guess is that she just wants to hide the truth of her poor and abusive background. Which ironically is the main motivation for her current ambition and huge will to live well. - In ep 4, we see Min Joon slowly falling for Lena - with that dressing of her cut finger during cooking competition, with Lena compassionately and smartly donating her prize and its reward to the runner-up. I guess Lena did it out of pure compassion as the 40-year experience chef is going into restaurant's closure due to bankruptcy. This move, however, works to her advantage, catching Min Joon's attention and attraction. Yay! Also can't wait to see this OTP!
Most of all, I can't wait to see the reunion of Lena and Yi Sol.
mP9gfN4.jpg

Archived