[Drama 2015] Flower of the Queen 여왕의 꽃

Guest adikkeluangman

Queen of Flowers - First Impression

tsksthe-flower-of-the-queene001720pko_cn

Wiki Dramas has the title of Flower of the Queen, which imo is kind of off, because the title comes from the flower Victoria Lily (or Victoria amazonica), also known as the Queen of Flowers, which our protagonist, Rena Jung (Kim Sung Ryung), aspires to be. I was taken aback at news articles which reported its high ratings after only 2 episodes were being aired, but after watching Show for myself, I fully understand why it is so. South Koreans still love their makjang very much.

Read more on The Cat that Watches TV

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"'The Queen's Flower' Kang Tae Oh Gives Clothes To Lee Sung Kyung

BY C Han | Apr 07, 2015 11:30 PM EDT    

'The Queen's Flower' Kang Tae Oh Gives Clothes To Lee Sung Kyung

In "The Queen's Flower" Kang Tae Oh gave Lee Sung Kyung a luxurious suit as a gift for going to work for the first time.

On the 8th  episode of MBC weekend drama "The Queen's Flower" (script Park Hyun Joo, director Lee Dae Young, Kim Min Shik) broadcast on Apr. 5th, Kang Yi Sol (played by Lee Sung Kyung) wanted to get expensive clothing.  Nonetheless, it was too expensive and she couldn't buy it.

Kang Yi Sol came home and opened the gift that Huh Dong Goo (played by Kang Tae Oh) had sent.  Huh Dong Goo had sent expensive clothes for Kang Yi Sol.  Kang Yi Sol called Ho Dong Goo and said, "What did you buy such expensive clothes for?  I'm good." With that, she refused the gift.

Nonetheless, Huh Dong Goo said, "That's not expensive.  I bought it when it was 80% off.  I had brought in a lot of sales and the owner raised my salary.  So don't worry and just wear it."  With that, he tried to comfort Kang Yi Sol.

Nonetheless, Huh Dong Goo had actually bought this by getting an advance of his salary.  The president of the company said to Huh Dong Goo, "Isn't this tough?  You're only a newbie and you're even getting an advance.  Why are you working so hard?"

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80905/20150407/the-queens-flower-kang-tae-oh-gives-clothes-to-lee-sung-kyung.htm

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"'The Queen's Flower' Yoo Seung Ok's Surprise Appearance

BY Christine Han | Apr 07, 2015 11:29 PM EDT   

'The Queen's Flower' Yoo Seung Ok's Surprise Appearance

In "The Queen's Flower" Yoo Seung Ok made a cameo appearance and had a battle of the bodies with Ko Woo Ri.

On the 8th episode of MBC weekend drama "The Queen's Flower" broadcast on Apr. 5th, Yoo Ra (played by Ko Woo Ri) was pictured taking yoga class.

In Cheol (played by Lee Hyung Chul) was pretending to look at his daughter when he secretly looked at the yoga teacher (played by Yoo Seung Ok). He couldn't say anything but say, "Wow what an S line."  On this day, Yoo Seung Ok appeared as Ko Woo Ri's yoga teacher.  She wore a tight yoga clothes and showed off her hot body.

Meanwhile, "The Queen's Flower" is about a woman, Lena Jung, who's completely ambitious.  As she had given up her daughter, Kang Yi Sol (played by Lee Sung Kyung) for her own dreams to become a star chef, she one day reunites with her daughter and goes through various experiences.  In this plot, Park Jae Joon (played by Yoon Park) is her husband's younger brother and is popular with many women.  Nonetheless, he is attracted to Kang Yi Sol creating a romantic comedy.  The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday at 10PM.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80904/20150407/the-queens-flower-yoo-seung-oks-surprise-appearance.htm

Hi, I'm new to this thread but I've been watching this drama and have quite invested emotionally in it ^^. I have been enjoying the drama so far but haven't got any good subs for ep 5 and 6. Could someone please tell me where I can watch the latest episodes for this drama? The subs on an online streaming site I've been watching was literally translated word by word and it has kind of ruined the whole watching experience for me. Many thanks in advance.

@kyung-jin,  I must thank you  your still articles are helping get caught up on a many of dramas I missed over the past 8 to 9 days as I was on my Wuxia spree.. but glad someone felt sorry for us and start to sub this drama well at least we got two ep sub..  

Guest adikkeluangman

Kang Tae Oh reveals selfies that he took with Lee Sung Kyung
Kang Tae Oh revealed selfies that he took with Lee Sung Kyung.
On April 10th, 5URPRISE's Kang Tae Oh uploaded the photos on his Instagram.
The photos show Kang Tae Oh and Lee Sung Kyung posing together for selfies. The two are playing in MBC drama 'Queen's Flower' as Huh Dong Gu and Kang Yi Sol these days, and many fans and viewers are showing hot reactions for the post.
20150410124330_552746e25f4fa_1.jpg

Huh Dong Gu is a long-time best friend of Kang Yi Sol, but he ends up falling in love with her, and he is showing a huge devotion in the drama.
Kang Tae Oh made a very successful appeal through 'Queen's Flower,' and he is quickly rising as one of the hottest young actors of Korea.
Meanwhile, 'Queen's Flower' airs on every Saturday and Sunday at 10 PM.
http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=371811
-----Happy watching to all for tonight episode.

오늘 저녁 10시 #윤박 의 MBC '여왕의 꽃' 10회가 방송됩니다. Tonight at 10PM(KST), 10th ep. of #Yoonbak's MBC 'Queen's Flower' will be on-air

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS) 

April 12, 2015

It is such a shame that no legal website is actually subtitling this drama. I am loving it! Could anyone who is in this thread and understands Korean, give us a summary of what happened on episode 9 and 10? Thank you so much for your kindness!

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Bak as Jae Joon with his trademark glasses in this drama.CAWsYPLU0AEvlj1.jpgCAWsY1wUwAEU9RA.jpg
MBC
Kim Sung Ryung as Serena in deep concentration with her script.CAbC7HGUIAAwZZx.jpg
http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/122514

Archived