[Drama 2015] Flower of the Queen 여왕의 꽃

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you all for updates...

@Leinbou, I love the mother/daughter posters...

Kang Tae-oh becomes an innocent biker

photo571812.jpg

Kang Tae-oh (Surprise) plays the role of Heo Dong-goo in the new MBC weekend drama "The Queen's Flower". He became a biker.

Pictures of Kang on the 6th show him riding a motorcycle. He's wearing a jean jacket with a helmet and he seems confident. He's smiling at the camera with a 'V' too.

This scene from the drama reflects on the character of Kang Tae-oh and the innocent character he's become.

Heo Dong-goo is a friend of Kang I-sol (Lee Seong-kyeong) whom he also has a crush on. He works day and night to pay off his father Heo Sam-sik's (Jo Hyeong-gi) debts but never complains.

Kang Tae-oh debuted in 2013 with "See You After School" and appeared in the KBS 2TV show "Dream Team Season 2". He recently starred in a Korean-Vietnamese collaborated drama called "Forever Young" as Joon-soo.

Meanwhile, "The Queen's Flower" will begin to broadcast this coming 14th.

Source: Hancinema

Guest adikkeluangman

Upcoming MBC Drama “The Queen’s Flower” Releases Beautiful Fairy Tale-Like Posters
Upcoming MBC weekend drama “The Queen’s Flower” has released ethereal posters prior to its premiere.
The posters released on March 9 hold allusions to various themes of the upcoming drama.
queens-flower-03.jpg

In the main poster, the two leads of the drama, Kim Sung Ryung and Lee Sung Kyung, are half emerged in milky water while holding onto each other, dressed in flowing dresses. The poster designer and one of the producers of the drama, Park Seung Woo, said, “I was reminded of the story of the ‘Little Mermaid’ when I first read the synopsis of ‘The Queen’s Flower.’ The main characters’ desire and struggle for success, love, and happiness seemed similar to that of the mermaid princess on land.” He continued, “The posters are portraying the characters under water who have reached the surface that they so desired.” The tagline on the posters reads, “If I could be happy for just one moment in life.”
“The Queen’s Flower” a mellow drama about Rena (Kim Sung Ryung), who is reunited with her child (Lee Sung Kyung) she has abandoned for her success. It will premiere on March 14.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/09/upcoming-mbc-drama-the-queens-flower-releases-beautiful-fairy-tale-like-posters/
More poster in P4. I think part of the reasong by the designer. Kim Sung Ryung and Lee Sung Kyung both are also model and former Miss Korea so they used this to make the poster more like magazine pictorial.
I've seen Yoon Bak wears that white shirt (with different design) few times already. Either he loved it so much and wear it or what.

Guest leinbou

@irilight I like it too, it creates an air of elegance and mystery. I can't wait for the show to start airing.

03/10 Flower of the Queen conference at MBC building in Sangam-dong

tumblr_nkzegrTLKp1r27owuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nkzegrTLKp1r27owuo4_r1_1280.jpg

BTS: Flower of the Queen Poster Shoot

Guest adikkeluangman

The preview look intense. Lee Soo Kyung can speak Mandarin. We got almost suicide and everything. I think it set few years back before the family in Taiwan moved to Korea.
So far we got only 3 clips released by MBC. Teaser 1, 2 and that 5 min preview.
Full cast listKim Sung Ryung as Rena Jung / Jung Eun HyeLee Sung Kyung as Kang Yi SolYoon Park as Park Jae JoonLee Jong Hyuk as Park Min JoonPeople around Park Min JoonSun Woo Yong Yeo as Hee Ra & Chang Soo's motherKim Mi Sook as Ma Hee Ra (Jae Joon's biological mother)Jang Yong as Park Tae Soo (President of TNC Group, Min Joon & Jae Joon's father)Son Hwa Ryung as Chief Oh (Chef Na's right hand)Oh Dae Hwan (오대환) as Ma Chang Soo (Madam Ma's younger brother)People around Kang Yi SolLee Hye In as Kang Eun Sol (Yi Sol's younger sister)Song Ok Sook as Goo Yang Soon (Yi Sol & Eun Sol's mother)Extended castsJo Hyung Ki as Huh Sam Shik (Dong Goo & Young Goo's father)Kang Tae Oh as Huh Dong Goo (Sam Shik's son)Choi Ro Woon as Heo Young Goo (Dong Goo's younger brother)Jang Young Nam as Choi Hye Jin (Myung Jin Clinic's Obstetricians, In Chul's wife, Yoo Ri's mother)Lee Hyung Chul as Seo In Chul (Chief of Myung Jin Clinic, Yi Sol's biological father)Go Woo Ri as Seo Yoo Ri (In Chul & Hye Jin's only daughter)Choi Eun Kyung (최은경)as Chef Na (CL's Chef)Jo Han Chul as Kim Do Shin (internet leaflet reporter)Jung Hee Tae (정희태) as Julian (stylist)
From the5urprise twitter - Kang Tae Oh.B_t46HaUwAAbPQ0.jpg
Thanks for trying to cheer me up at 'Queen of flowers' production presentation~ I'll trying to put on splendid acting^^

Love the photos from the press conf. Thank you @tikamacika, @leinbou,

next weekend will be here soon..

Intense highlight video.. Thank you, @Misstwilightfan1416

Here is a writeup on Koala's Playground.

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/03/10/kim-sung-ryung-is-the-lovely-and-selfish-flower-of-the-queen-in-gorgeous-drama-posters/

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Sung Ryoung Says Her Son in Middle School is Only Interested in Park Shin Hye

Kim Sung Ryoung revealed her son’s response to her drama.

The press conference for MBC’s Queen’s Flower took place on March 10 at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, during which Kim Sung Ryoung was asked about her son’s reaction to her being cast as the drama’s lead. 

Kim Sung Ryoung said, “My son is in the second year of middle school, which is when they’re the most rebellious. He is not very interested…” 

88894002.jpg

She added, “He is still only interested in Park Shin Hye and not in his mom,” bringing out laughter.

She continued, “I think I would know my son’s reaction once it starts airing. My husband brought up several times, ‘Do you know that your mom is the lead character?’ and he indifferently responded, ‘I know.’”

Meanwhile, Queen’s Flower is a human-melodrama about a woman who, after going through a rough childhood, cannot trust people and believes that happiness can be attained by stepping on others to become successful, and her reunion with her abandoned daughter.

The drama will begin on March 14.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/88894/kim-sung-ryoung-says-her-son-in-middle-school-is-only-interested-in-park-shin-hye

-----
#Yoonbak while waiting for the press conference for MBC 'Flower of the Queen'! 
10157218_1051257968224397_4402182755878114625_1051257984891062_40719618928327903

via JYP Actors

-----
‪#‎Yoonbak‬ [MBC 'Queen's Flower'] Fashion, Sweet talk, Money, he has it all! Jae-Joon at the press conferece :)
10989737_1051888424828018_2258781849642911050291_1051888384828022_26880594586290

10982359_1051888428161351_1276208169923911067455_1051888388161355_3390436368469811050796_1051888391494688_14132340477450

via JYP Actors

Guest adikkeluangman
[starN Focus] Go Woo Ri at press conference for her new drama, 'Queen's Flower'

On March 10th, press conference for channel MBC's new weekend drama, 'Queen's Flower,' was held at MBC broadcast station in Sangamdong, Seoul.

Go Woo Ri attended the conference in a short skirt, and drew everyone's attention with her fabulous body shape.

20150310161542_54fe9a1ed80c0_1.jpg

During the conference, all of the actors and actresses introduced their roles, and Go Woo Ri said, "I am playing as an international student who loves drinking and partying. She is a very comic girl."

Go Woo Ri also said, "However, I really cannot drink. The staffs thought that I was lying, but they saw that I really cannot drink during a dinner. One of the scenes in the drama is going to show me making Korean Soju Bomb, and many people might find my acting a bit awkward in that scene." 

Meanwhile, 'Queen's Flower' is going to show story of one lady, who pursues success for her revenge, and it is going to premiere in March 14th. 

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=364592

Hi fellow Soompiers, does anyone now if any website is subbing this drama in English? Thank you for your answer!

@hell59 - Viki is trying to get the license which it may or may not get.  If you have a moment, consider filling out the request form:

http://www.viki.com/tv/26310c-the-queens-flower-also-known-as-equators-flower

(Info about the show with a link to the request form which is in aqua blue.)

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

(Direct link to form.)

@hell59 - Viki is trying to get the license which it may or may not get.  If you have a moment, consider filling out the request form:

http://www.viki.com/tv/26310c-the-queens-flower-also-known-as-equators-flower

(Info about the show with a link to the request form which is in aqua blue.)

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

(Direct link to form.)

Thank you so much for the link. I have already sent the request!

I did not know they were sisters...

Weekend dramas bring up competition between sisters: Kim Seong-ryeong and Kim Seong-kyeong-I

photo574197.jpg

Acting competition between two actress sisters is held every weekend evening. Actresses Kim Seong-ryeongand Kim Seong-kyeong-I are the two in this regard.

Kim Seong-kyeong-I presents sensational acting performance for her role, Yoon Seon-hee, a sexy and confident deep pocket in construction industry, in MBC's weekend drama, "City of the Sun". Although it'sKim Seong-kyeong-I's first title role, she has been receiving good reviews for her stable acting performances.

Her character is a private moneylender as well as wealthy business personnel, who owns tens of bulldozers: a woman who is not intimidated among male competitors in the construction business. She is also a supporter for the protagonist Kim Jun and plays an essential role in the melodrama part of the story plot.

Kim Seong-ryeong will play a star chef, Rena Jeong in the MBC's weekend drama, "The Queen's Flower", which will premiere on March 14th. Kim Seong-ryeong will present versatile acting performance crossing over from the evil to the good and vice versa.

Rena Jeong is a character who overcomes the unfortunate past: being abandoned by her lover, however abandons her daughter in order to achieve her own success.

A source related to them said "They have their own unique appeals and charisma. It'll be worth your time to watch and compare the acting performances by the two sisters, Kim Seong-kyeong-I and Kim Seong-ryeong weekend evening".

Kim Seong-kyeong-I's "City of the Sun" will be aired at 9 PM every Friday and Saturday and Kim Seong-ryeong's "The Queen's Flower" will be broadcast at 10 PM every Saturday and Sunday.

Source: Hancinema

Guest adikkeluangman
First episode tonight. All the best to actors and happy watching to all.

오늘 저녁 10시 #윤박 의 MBC '여왕의 꽃'이 첫 방송됩니다. Tonight at 10PM(KST), #Yoonbak's MBC 'Queen's Flower' will premiere on-air

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS)

March 14, 2015
Pictures from press conference.
B_tpj0eUsAES3pX.jpgB_tpj0lUwAEeqzR.jpg

Archived