[Drama 2015] Ho Goo's Love 호구의 사랑

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest raitei044

Dramabeans has a recap of the first episode, if anyone's interested.
The first ep. is light and funny. Ho Gu is so friggin' adorable, but I'm quite nervous about what will happen to them in the future... :-SS
hogu01-00770.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/ho-gus-love-episode-1/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Drama was everything I hoped it would be, and I hope it stays as fun for the next 15 as it was for this first episode. After all the psychiatric gloom and doom, a nice, uncomplicated story which seems like it might ACTUALLY be a romcom(gasp!) is a very welcome breath of fresh air.
I really enjoyed Lee Sung Ming's cameo, but what came after it reminded me of a nagging problem with tvN. Like all the bigger Korean networks, the concept "less is more" is completely alien to them, utterly incomprehensible. Having LSM reprise his Misaeng  character and iconic dialogue was fun, replaying the Amman rooftop chase AND later the Reply 1997  school reunion ( complete with annoying insurance salesman) was a reminder of the potential for tvN to screw this up. As they did with the Reply franchise AND  Misaeng, when something works, tvN tends to go nuts and beat viewers over the head with a sackful of it, presumably thinking that if viewers liked a bit of it, they'll love more of it, and more and more, and more. 
I very definitely see this as a tvN problem, not the fault of the writers of this Drama, and it certainly didn't stop me REALLY enjoying the light tone, and the competence with which the fun material was delivered in episode one. What it did do is remind me to keep my expectations grounded. Reply 1994 and Misaeng both started off BRILLIANTLY but sagged at the end as tvN's greed bloated them and distorted what made them so good. Based on how very much I enjoyed Ho Gu's love, I'm going to hope that tvN leaves well enough alone. 

HIghlight Episode 2

Yes, there's already a kiss scene, which is too soon for me. Maybe it works in the context of the drama so far, though pregnant and kissing another guy is...weird. So Ho Gu's going to raise another's man child? That's just soo ... not my kind of story/drama? I'm conflicted...

Episode 3 preview

High school days

Drunkard Dohee

Well, I won't be watching this drama yet, I'll wait for at least half of it to air 'cause I need to get my life back on track yo, but UIE's acting so far from the clip cuts is just AWESOME. She really is at her best in strong and bitchy female roles. Woo Shik is good, but I sense I makeover in the drama follow up? He'll become stronger and different? Perhaps that will be drama's main development and strongest part.. Yeah, I can get behind that. Have fun, everyone, in here.

TV: [spoilers!!!] Hogu's Love

hog.jpg
Article: Hogu's Love, Choi Woo Shik randomly meets a pregnant UEE

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+2,096, -10] A moment where Hogu truly becomes a fool

2. [+1,011, -29] A lot more fun than I expected ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+986, -28] Wooshik's cute ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+735, -27] Really fun... can't wait till next week.

5. [+663, -157] UEE's gorgeous...

6. [+254, -5] She got pregnant from rape, why are there comments putting the female lead down? Are you psychos trying to justify the man's actions by saying she's slutty?

7. [+198, -8] Choi Woo Shik's an actor I've always hoped the best for! He's such a cutie ㅋㅋ

8. [+188, -5] Perfect casting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Choi Woo Shik ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+142, -1] Fun drama... The man's actually better at acting than I thought. Makes me want to check out the original.

10. [+129, -4] Im Seulong's acting is cringey ㅋㅋ Doesn't match his role at all ㅋㅋ I keep thinking of his personality in real life

11. [+134, -9] Choi Woo Shik and UEE are perfect castings for their roles

12. [+107, -0] Hogu will probably say he's the dad once he sees UEE in a pickle
Cr. NetizenBuzz

seeing uee face without make up..i liked it so much..she beautiful..i like her stone and bimbo face here..hope she will love ho goo dearly and sincerely..i really to see ho goo mature n strong to protect her..it is sad to ho goo raise somebody else child but this is good about ho goo..TVN plz dont mess up this drama like the other drama of yours..

Archived