[Drama 2015] Ho Goo's Love 호구의 사랑

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="title_sec" style="line-height: 34px; text-align: center;"Uee plays haughty swimming champion in new TV rom-com

Published : 2015-01-29

20150129001325_0.jpg

In the new tvN miniseries “Hogoo’s Love,” girl group After School member Uee takes on the role of Do Do-hee, a beautiful but haughty it-girl and national swimming champion.

Known for her long legs and voluptuous body, Uee recently appeared in reality show “Law of the Jungle.” 

“Hogoo” is her first TV drama lead since 2013, when she played orphan Kim Baek-won in “Golden Rainbow.”

“I have never sworn this much before in my life,” she said on her role as the boisterous queen bee. “I’m so immersed in my character, I find myself yelling ‘Get out of my way!’ and being really outspoken even in real life. It’s such a stress release!”

The role, Uee said, is perfect for her in more ways than one.

“As many of you may know, I was an actual swimmer in high school, so I’m happy to be able to show off my swimming skills on television,” she said Thursday in a press conference for the show.

Newer to the TV scene, actor Choi Woo-shik portrays Kang Hogoo, the ultimate “nice guy” who has never been on a date in his life and is head over heels in love with the unattainable Do-hee.

“I very strongly pushed for this chance,” Choi said on landing his first lead TV role. “It felt like a piece of clothing that fit me perfectly, and I just knew I could do it justice.”

Hogoo, whose name literally means “pushover,” by no means boasts chiseled looks or sophisticated manners. He is, however, sweet, considerate, and endearingly clueless, and an unexpected friendship blossoms between him and Do-hee throughout the series.

“Playing the lovable buffoon is my specialty and my greatest strength,” Choi said with a broad, playful grin. “I’m sure our show will be every bit as fun as it was making it.”

Ballad group 2AM’s Lim Seul-ong will be starring as Byun Gang-chul, the handsome and intelligent lawyer -- in short, the complete opposite of Hogoo.

Based on a webtoon series of the same title by Yoo Hyun-sook, the 16-part drama delves into the winner-loser dynamic that tends to develop in romantic relationships. It will air Mondays and Tuesdays at 11 p.m. starting Feb. 9

By Rumy Doo (bigbird@heraldcorp.com)

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20150129001249

class="content-title" style="font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Soo Kyung Criticized for Calling Choi Woo Shik “Stupid” and Interrupting UEE’s Talk in Drama Press Conference
hogus-love2.jpg

Rookie actress Lee Soo Kyung, is being criticized by fans of actor Choi Woo Shik and After School’s UEE for her attitude in the press conference of drama “Hogu’s Love.”

On January 29, the press conference for new tvN drama “Hogu’s Love” was held at a hotel in Nonhyun-dong.

In the conference, UEE talked about how she had to spend time with Lee Soo Kyung on New Year’s Day. While UEE was sharing the story, Lee Soo Kyung made an “X” with her arms and suddenly interrupted UEE by picking up the microphone to say UEE was lying. In the video, UEE tells Lee Soo Kyung to put the microphone down. The fans also claimed that while UEE was making a promise to dance in front of a building with Lee Soo Kyung if the drama received good ratings, Lee Soo Kyung frowned and glared at UEE.

Moreover, Lee Soo Kyung was also criticized for calling Choi Woo Shik “stupid.” Choi Woo Shik’s character’s name in the drama is Kang Ho Gu, and “hogu” is also the Korean word for “a pushover” or “an idiot.” When the MC asked Lee Soo Kyung why she picked Choi Woo Shik as the most “hogu” like person, she answered, “Choi Woo Shik seemed like a ‘hogu’ since the first time I met him. I don’t know how to describe it, but he fully represents the word ‘hogu’ itself.” Although some pointed out that it can merely be a play of words, many viewers who watched the video have called her rude for interrupting sunbae actors when they were talking and unabashedly calling Choi Woo Shik “an idiot.”

You can Find the video HERE

Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Lee Soo Kyung comes under fire for disrespectful attitude towards UEE and Choi Woo Sik during 'Hogu's Love' press conference
On January 29, tvN's 'Hogu's Love' held a press conference with cast members After School's UEE, Choi Woo Sik, 2AM's Seulong, and Lee Soo Kyung at the Imperial Palace Hotel. Rookie actress Lee Soo Kyung is currently being criticized by netizens for her disrespectful attitude she displayed during the conference.
According to reports, Lee Soo Kyung behaved disrespectfully to the interviewer and press as she appeared distracted and laughed randomly throughout the conference. 
Netizens were particularly alarmed by her attitude towards her sunbae actors UEE and Choi Woo Sik as she denied being close to the former and called the latter a "hogu," or a pushover. 
http://youtu.be/SGibiG6H4qY
At the 1:50 mark above, when the interviewer asks Lee Soo Kyung which cast member treated her the best, Lee Soo Kyung stares at those seated next to her for a bit before saying, "The people who played my mother and father treated me the best." When the interviewer asks, "No one here?" Lee Soo Kyung says, "No, no one here." 
At this Choi Woo Sik jokes, "Honestly we're not close. I should've sat like this," and turns his back on Lee Soo Kyung. 
At the 2:47 mark, Seulong then states, "From what I've seen on-set, UEE takes really good care of [Lee Soo Kyung]." Choi Woo Sik is quick to agree saying, "From what I see, UEE noona takes really good care of her." 
UEE then enters the conversation and after apologizing to the press, she says, "I actually spent New Years with her. She was with me on New Years, a day when we're resting from filming." She jokingly adds, "Does this make sense?" before continuing, "We ate together and I bought her a meal, so I'm really speechless. I'm sorry everyone." 
Yet, while UEE explains her side, Lee Soo Kyung can be seen around the 3:11 mark saying, "No," and making an "X" sign with her arms in disagreement with UEE. She then attempts to explain herself saying, "Two weeks before New Years, UEE unni said we should all gather for something...," but is stopped by UEE when the sunbae actress repeatedly tells her, "Put down your mic please."
The girls then start listing food that they ate together on New Years. At the 4:11 mark, UEE concludes light-heartedly, "I like her, but maybe I only liked her." 
At the 6:30 mark, Lee Soo Kyung is then asked out of all the cast members, why she selected lead actor Choi Woo Sik, who plays the character Hogu, as an actual hogu (pushover). Lee Soo Kyung replies, "Choi Woo Sik is exactly like a hogu. As soon as I met him I thought, 'Ah, he's a hogu.'" She continues, "Because his character is like a hogu he's called Hogu. Ever since I met him, he entered [the set] like a hogu." 
According to reports, UEE jokingly followed up with, "Soo Kyung says it well. As soon as Choi Woo Sik entered, he gave off the image of a hogu. I would like it if he even changed his name to Hogu." She also added, "[Lee Soo Kyung] is like this because this is her first press conference. I ask that the reporters understand her." She continued to explain, "Soo Kyung has yet to graduate high school. She's like this because she's young." 
On January 30, Lee Soo Kyung's agency Hodu Entertainment stated, "We feel apologetic about Lee Soo Kyung's alarming attitude during the 'Hogu's Love' press conference. Lee Soo Kyung is still a rookie and in a stressful situation she made a mistake." They continued, "Although Lee Soo Kyung feels embarrassed, she has told us that she is sorry and that in the future she will redeem herself via acting. We ask that you look at her positively." 
On the same day, Choi Woo Sik and Seulong's agency JYP Entertainment also came out, saying, "Choi Woo Sik and Lee Soo Kyung are usually really close. The atmosphere at the press conference was, of course, amicable." They added, "When Lee Soo Kyung said Choi Woo Sik was 'like a hogu,' she was saying that Choi Woo Sik digested his role as Kang Hogu well." They concluded with, "It's regretful that this kind of controversy has arisen." 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/actress-lee-soo-kyung-comes-under-fire-for-disrespectful-attitude-towards-uee-and-choi-woo-sik-during-hogus-love-press-conference
-----[starN Focus] UEE attends press conference for new drama 'Hogoo's Love'
On January 29th, press conference for channel tvN's new drama, 'Hogoo's Love,' was held at Imperial Palace Hotel in Nonhyundong, Seoul.
UEE attended the event in a bright orange-color mini one-piece dress, and drew people's attention with her fabulous body shape.
20150129171800_54c9ecb86a37f_1.jpg

During the conference, UEE said, "I will make a dance performance in front of CJ E&M building if the drama's program rating surpasses 4%. I did not tell this to Lee Soo Kyung, but I will organize a group of backup dancers."
Meanwhile, 'Hogoo's Love' will premiere on February 9th at 11 PM.
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=356321
-----150129 tvN 'Hogu's Love' Press Conference (Wooshik)B8lGImgCUAAy3f9.jpgB8lGIpCCAAAPmHY.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Additional Cast Members: via AsianWikiChoi Deok-Mun - So Shi-Min (Do-Hee's swimming coach)Jung Won-Joong - Kang Yong-Moo (Ho-Goo's father)Park Sun-Cheon - Kim Ok-Ryeong (Ho-Goo's mother)Choi Jae-Hwan - Kim Tae-Hee (Ho-Goo's friend)Lee Si-Un - Shin Chung-JaeOh Yeong-Sil - Mok Gyeong-Jin (Gang-Chul's mother)Park Ji-Il - Byun Gang-Se (Gang-Chul's father)Song Ji-In - In Gong-Mi
15-01-17 From miju5405 Instagram (production crew)호구네 학교 촬영 중 #호구의사랑 #tvN #드라마10246149_1570764779827718_337799038_n.jp
Filming at school
15-01-19 From Choi Jae Hwan Instagram (actor)#호구의사랑#이시언#최우식#이수경#최재환 추운데반팔입고 화이팅하는 팀웍좋다10914257_1607555622807677_297454436_n.jp
His face remind me of veteran actor Lee Moon Sik. He took picture with CWS, Lee Shi Un and Lee Soo Kyeong.

Guest adikkeluangman

Lim Seul Ong drops a photo from press conference for 'Hogoo's Love'
20150130233033_54cb9588589a4_1.jpg

Lim Seul Ong dropped a photo from press conference for 'Hogoo's Love.'
On January 9th, 2AM's Lim Seul Ong uploaded the photo on his Instagram and wrote, "#hogoo #hokyung #dohee #gangchul #hogoo'slove #tvn."
The photo shows Lim Seul Ong posing for a photo with Choi Woo Shik, Lee Soo Kyung, and UEE, who he is playing in drama 'Hogoo's Love' together.
The four of them are showing a great pose together, and many fans and netizens are showing hot reactions for the post.
Meanwhile, 'Hogoo's Love' will premiere on February 9th at 11 PM.
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=356680

Pledis Entertainment reveals UEE is close to Lee Soo Kyung and was not offended during press conference

leesky20150202012439_O_01_C_1.jpg

February 1, 2015 @ 8:06 am

UEE spoke up about the controversy around Lee Soo Kyung!

The rookie actress had come under fire for her questionable behavior during the press conference for the upcoming drama 'Hogu's Love'. During a call with Newsen, Pledis Entertainment said, "We were at the press conference for 'Hogu's Love', and it felt lighter than most press conferences. The actors are very close with each other. There was nothing we felt offended by because of Lee Soo Kyung on site."

They added, "She's young, and it's her first time, so she acted a little naively. She's a very bright, innocent child. It's not that she's not close to UEE at all. UEE really thinks of her like a little sister, and she was worried because her behavior kept becoming an issue."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/pledis-entertainment-reveals-uee-is-close-to-lee-soo-kyung-and-was-not-offended-during-press-conference

http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201502/e2015020201245794210.htm

LOL @ this hullabaloo. I can't even. Just don't want this whole mess mentioned again by the media once the drama starts airing. yeah, fat chance!

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Soo Kyung apologizes to Choi Woo Sik and the rest of “Hogu’s Love” cast
Lee Soo Kyung sends her statement of apology following her controversial behaviour  from the press conference for the new drama, Hogu’s Love (A Pushover’s Love).
On January 29th, UEE, Choi Woo Sik, Im Seulong and Lee Soo Kyung attended the press conference for their new drama. However, the press conference fell under much controversy due to the attitude displayed by rookie actress, Lee Soo Kyung. The actress, who initially appeared fun and outgoing at first, continued to behaved oddly making the rest of the cast members and press uncomfortable.
B8wtGPzCAAEpV6p.jpg

During the short Q&A session, she was asked what her first impression of actor Choi Woo Sik was, to which she answered, “He looked like a pushover, even when he came into the room the first time, he came in like a push over.”
In another instance, UEE was talking about her outing with Lee Soo Kyung and the rest of the cast on January 1st when the actress made an X with her arms, picked up her microphone and tried to deny the claims. UEE who was unamused with her interruptions, eventually warned the actress saying, “Put down your microphone.” 
Videos of the press conference went viral in South Korea with the netizens targeting their outrage over Lee Soo Kyung. Many netizens speculated on her unprofessionalism, while some seemed to assume that the actress was intoxicated.
In a statement two days later, Hodoo Entertainment apologized in behalf of Lee Soo Kyung, saying, “Lee Soo Kyung is still a rookie and she is not used to places with many people like the press conference. She seemed to have made mistakes because she was nervous and unwittingly acted in a way to cause those present uncomfortable. She feels extremely sorry towards Choi Woo Sik and his fans. She wants to say that that was not her intention and that she will be careful not to repeat such actions and work hard so please keep an eye on her.” 
Lee Soo Kyung will be joining UEE, Choi Woo Sik and Im Seulong on the premiere episode of Hogu’s Love on February 9th.
http://www.koreaboo.com/news/lee-soo-kyung-apologizes-choi-woo-sik-rest-hogus-love-cast/
-----Choi Woo Shik drops a new selfie
A new selfie of Choi Woo Shik is becoming a hot issue.
20150201082212_54cd6373769b8_1.jpg

On January 27th, actor Choi Woo Shik uploaded the photo on his Instagram and wrote, "No Hogoo today."
The photo shows Choi Woo Shik taking a selfie, wearing a wine-color coat, and showing a new hairstyle. He is showing a much cuter look with permed hairstyle, and many fans and netizens are showing hot reactions for the post.
Choi Woo Shik is coming back with a new drama called 'Hogoo's Love,' which will premiere on January 9th, and he is playing as a web-toon assist comic writer named Hogoo.
Hogoo is a guy who shows an unchanging love for Do Do Hee (played by UEE), and he is going to show another side of him through the drama.
Meanwhile, 'Hogoo's Love' will premiere on January 9th as the sequel for 'Valid Love.'
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=356782
-----150203 tvN 'Taxi' Preview 

I'm officially done with those issues, all I really care abt is how the drama goes. and I'm srsly wishing it wouldn't be cut into fewer eps just bc of ratings. The drama has some material don't let it be a train wreck bc of this issue.

*can we forget abt lsk for awhile and anticipate for the drama itself*

Archived