[Drama 2015] Heart to Heart 하트 투 하트

jwand

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chatieee

I am interested why they slept with each other. No. Not why but what their reason would be. I mean I love the fact that they slept with each other when they felt like that, but how would they explain that to themselves and to eachother. As a outsiders we can see that they have deep and very unclear kind of connection - Doctor must be aware of it and I believe Hong Do also sees that she is the most comfortable with him... 
Policeman. I actually shipped them. I think he is a decent guy. That seven years story though... Is he some K-pop star or something? Ridiculous. I can understand Hong Do, she is a little bit crazy and sitting in your own home 24/7 can make you bit "special". The question is why is he okay with that? I mean it is pretty clear she likes him - you don't do it SEVEN years just because you feels like that. And he knows it perefectly but still don't say w word about that. 
Nonethless it is a very decent drama till now. We have to see how it would progress and it is getting more and more interesting. 

chatieee said: I am interested why they slept with each other. No. Not why but what their reason would be. I mean I love the fact that they slept with each other when they felt like that, but how would they explain that to themselves and to eachother. As a outsiders we can see that they have deep and very unclear kind of connection - Doctor must be aware of it and I believe Hong Do also sees that she is the most comfortable with him... 
Policeman. I actually shipped them. I think he is a decent guy. That seven years story though... Is he some K-pop star or something? Ridiculous. I can understand Hong Do, she is a little bit crazy and sitting in your own home 24/7 can make you bit "special". The question is why is he okay with that? I mean it is pretty clear she likes him - you don't do it SEVEN years just because you feels like that. And he knows it perefectly but still don't say w word about that. 
Nonethless it is a very decent drama till now. We have to see how it would progress and it is getting more and more interesting. 

ohani said: Spoiler!!!
It looks like that our psychiatrist has no problems staying in bed with a woman--i.e. Hong Do-- for the entire night! His ex even found that out in the next episode. :))

---OTP na.zzz.ked in bed image----

chatieee said: I am interested why they slept with each other. No. Not why but what their reason would be. I mean I love the fact that they slept with each other when they felt like that, but how would they explain that to themselves and to eachother. As a outsiders we can see that they have deep and very unclear kind of connection - Doctor must be aware of it and I believe Hong Do also sees that she is the most comfortable with him... 

@ohani‌ @chatieee my fan girl's ship says "to hell with logic" but now that the initial euphoria of blind shipping has subsided I am keen to find out if there is a disjunction between YS and his supposed connection with HD. He is aware of the effect she has on his psychological state but as a woman, what is his frame of thinking? As far as it seems, he has since been treating her like an inexperienced kindergarden child whose condition intrigues him enough to want to continue sticking around, and as per his words, the woman "almost sent him to jail and caused him to commit suicide". The next we know, he is looking at her with a sudden jolt of awareness and stroking her face tenderly, with bed sheet rolling thereafter. Tipsy or not?

I want this drama to work so badly, so logic, don't fail us pretty please?

@daydreamindecember 
I am with you on the characterization of YS and that's why I am dying to know how YS will react and interpret their first night together. 
I am not sure if it's the problem with the writing. For me, it is too early to tell and I am willing to give the writer some benefit of doubt, especially given that this scene is already included in the 7-minute promotion trailer. In other words, maybe their spending night together is part of the "premises," the conditions rather than the "proof" or "end result" of their relationship? Notably,this drama does not have a conventional beginning. The narrative only reveal their respective childhood in one minute and immediately the viewer is confronted with their present living states. I suspect that perhaps PD Lee and the scriptwriter want to "clear" the cliched formulas (kiss and bed scene) out of the way so different dimensions of the relationship can unfold? 
At the same time, it's not like that PD Lee and this writer can do no wrong, because Triple, the series after Coffee Prince, is a flop, except that I got to know the ever delicious Song Joong Ki. :))  So we will see (fingers crossed).
One thing I want to point out though is that we cannot completely trust YS's words. As one soompi reviewer puts it perfectly, YS is a "walking contradiction" and one contradictions manifested in YS is the "disjunction," to quote you, between his words and his intention. My sense is that just like HD's helmet, YS's insufferable conceit and abrasive language is the shield he has built over the years to hide the frustration and insecurity from his uber dysfunctional family. I mean he has difficulties sympathizing with his patients and he talks to his patients in a such an dispassionate and even impatient tone. And yet, it is not like that he does not want to administer his help, like the naked woman in ep 3 and the grandma in ep 4.He wants to do his job well and he surely has the talents as best exemplified by the beginning scene of the drama, but in some occasions he simply doesn't know how. 
Returning back to the topic of bed scene, the simplest explanation is that they are both terribly lonely. One striking character trait of Hong Do is that she talks incessantly to herself and to TV ALL THE TIME at home.  She also only watches one specific kind of TV program, i.e. Game Shows, because she desperately wants to "answer" someone's questions and requests --she does not watch dramas ,for in real life she is already forever an outsider, a spectator. This is why she keeps sending side dishes to DS for seven years because by so doing, she feels needed, even though she knows from the get go that she never has a chance--she is aware of the fact that DS keeps going to the blinds dates set up by DS's parents. This is also why she always answers YS's phone calls despite her complaints about him. YS is lonely in a different way. He might appear "normal": he has a career, a rich family as his backing, a mentor, a (ex)girlfriend, and a highly decorated degree. Yet, he cannot really "listen" to and register the needs of either his patients or his ex. He frets about spending a whole night with his ex because he shuts himself in the mental shell. The pink elephant is his brother's death and his father's betrayal. From my perspective, YS is worse off than HD because he is not aware of his own problems and his loneliness. His symptoms of dizziness when patients are present, in my guess, is probably triggered by a kind of self-defense. He already has his hands full with his familial issues and he couldn't take in any other complaints from strangers. Indeed, he might seem to treat HD as a kindergarden kid and an "exotic" object worthy of his "ridicule." But again, he already makes it a habit of calling her up constantly and he even takes in HD's observations to better his professional judgment. 
Anyway. It's just my two cents. Who knows? Even if the logic fails us, I will just try to get as much job as possible from the directing, the acting and the chemistry of the cast. 

I'm kind of confused. Why did they slept together? I mean Ko Yi Seok is not inlove with her to begin with? Or is it just a lust for him? Z-E-X P-A-R-T-N-E-R? Yeah I understand he's a man. But HONG DO-ssi why did you let him owned your soul? It's not like you know each other for a years?You just met him. Hahahaha. But I like it. Double standard much! -__- HAHA Someone please enlighten me.  ;;) <:-P

The "sex scene" was really well made because it shows that YS is indeed much more sensitive than he appears. He was really careful with HD, he kissed her forehead and looked at her in the eyes to see her reaction. Each time, he came closer to her, he always looked at her afterwards to make sure, if she was okay with it. Why did it happen?I have only watched the episode 4 raw, but I had the impression that it was the first time that YS was opening up. I believe, he spoke about his older brother's death.My guess, he feels her honesty and purety. He can read her like an open book and she doesn't hide her feelings (helmet, the blushing). She yells at him if she doesn't agree, but she compliments him for his good work. He has trust issues with people. But with her, he sees her honesty, so that he can trust her. The best fact is his ex-girlfriend. She complained about his behavior (not being able to spend the whole night with her), on the other hand, he saw her with someone else just after the false accusations. She broke up with him quite quickly too. So deep down, he didn't trust her at all. And when they met again, I believe, she was asking for marriage, but I am not sure. YS comes from a wealthy family and she might be more interested in his social status than himself. But okay, I only suppose it  since I only saw it raw.  

ohani said: @daydreamindecember 
I am with you on the characterization of YS and that's why I am dying to know how YS will react and interpret their first night together. 
My sense is that just like HD's helmet, YS's insufferable conceit and abrasive language is the shield he has built over the years to hide the frustration and insecurity from his uber dysfunctional family. I mean he has difficulties sympathizing with his patients and he talks to his patients in a such an dispassionate and even impatient tone. And yet, it is not like that he does not want to administer his help, like the naked woman in ep 3 and the grandma in ep 4.He wants to do his job well and he surely has the talents as best exemplified by the beginning scene of the drama, but in some occasions he simply doesn't know how. 

Returning back to the topic of bed scene, the simplest explanation is that they are both terribly lonely. One striking character trait of Hong Do is that she talks incessantly to herself and to TV ALL THE TIME at home.  She also only watches one specific kind of TV program, i.e. Game Shows, because she desperately wants to "answer" someone's questions and requests --she does not watch dramas ,for in real life she is already forever an outsider, a spectator. This is why she keeps sending side dishes to DS for seven years because by so doing, she feels needed, even though she knows from the get go that she never has a chance--she is aware of the fact that DS keeps going to the blinds dates set up by DS's parents. This is also why she always answers YS's phone calls despite her complaints about him. YS is lonely in a different way. He might appear "normal": he has a career, a rich family as his backing, a mentor, a (ex)girlfriend, and a highly decorated degree. Yet, he cannot really "listen" to and register the needs of either his patients or his ex. He frets about spending a whole night with his ex because he shuts himself in the mental shell. The pink elephant is his brother's death and his father's betrayal. From my perspective, YS is worse off than HD because he is not aware of his own problems and his loneliness. His symptoms of dizziness when patients are present, in my guess, is probably triggered by a kind of self-defense. He already has his hands full with his familial issues and he couldn't take in any other complaints from strangers. Indeed, he might seem to treat HD as a kindergarden kid and an "exotic" object worthy of his "ridicule." But again, he already makes it a habit of calling her up constantly and he even takes in HD's observations to better his professional judgment. 

@bebebisous33 The exgirlfriend told YS in the supermarket that she "received a proposal" and she would get married.
As of the development of the OTP, I shall not express an opinion before I watch the two subbed episodes. My Korean sucks, so I am not able to fully understand their relationship. I can only say that they did it because they wanted to. ;;) Does that make sense? :D
It seems to me that he doesn't treat her like a patient, but rather as a friend of whose flaws you make fun from time to time - he rather often.
The conclusion is that I'm waiting for the subbs. :-w

Me too, my sober self (after a whole day of blind cheering and creepy giggling) wants to know what just happened or why this happened (NOT that I am complaining.) and where they'll go from here. To do this better of course I should wait for subtitles, but from what I just saw YS is a man that can go from suicide attempt to pure euphoria in a millisecond and he doesn't care much about others opinion, because he's oh SO confident and if he suddenly finds a girl fascinating, if he suddenly feels an unexpected connection, it makes sense for him to trust himself and his own emotions and act on the spur of the moment, even with the greatest care, just because it feels right. For DH, at first I was more dubious, she is generally so cautious, a girl that harbored a crush for seven years practically dodging every chance of real interaction with the guy in question, but I think she really feels different and at ease with YS. His "dominating" ways forced her to "fight back" from their very first encounter giving away a lot of her true self. I even thought she was similar to the lead girl in Flower Boy Next Door (a show that I loved), because of her condition, but she's definitely not. She wants to go out, to "be fixed", to be able to love and be loved and the fact that someone got to know her and watch her bare face, probably she wanted this desperately, it makes sense to me. Now I'm up to know how they'll take things from here (because I totally agree that this is just a premise) especially DH, as for YS, I know he'll just want to be assured that he's so great lol

Okay - here comes my Meaning - and I say sorry in Advance for my English and a lot Mistakes. As faster as I type - the more Mistakes I make. I´m so happy there is a function called -edit.! :)

First of all - I´m really happy to see the direction of this Drama. Because Episode 4 proved very well that this will not be a Show with just one Kiss at the End of  20 Episodes  - or like they often do it - maybe 2 Kisses. The get together Kiss  - bad fate happen what tear them apart - one or two (or when draggy more) Episodes yearning for each other in despair - back together - second Kiss.
You know what I mean?
I´m sure there will be a Warning - not for Kids under 15!

So Heart to Heart chose an unusual Way - and I sooooo love it! Since now - I´m really on the Hook!
I hope they will go on like this - I can only speak for myself - but I´m not a Kid anymore! :D

But I put the last first.
CHD is the one with the Fear and the Illness - but she is the one with the Heart wide open.
KYS is the one overconfident, arrogant, without fear but with the heart closed up.
Both have there Reasons.
CHD admires JDS for 7 Years - if you ask me - she never really loved him. She only thought she did. Because he was the only kind Human in her Life - the only Light left after her Grandmother died. The only one treating her nicely. But he treats everyone like that. I´m not really sure what he thought about her but KYS said something to him i really liked - you used her! He must knew about her feelings but I guess he never really thought about it. I like JDS  - but he is too nice. You cant live a life doing it right for everyone.
KYS wasn´t a nice character in the Beginning but in real he - of course - is. His way caring for his mom is touching. And living with a Family like this - no wonder he has his own difficulties. Right know I think his Sis is annoying - I hope she calms down a bit soon.
Back to KYS - the Way he treated CHD was not really nice. But he never gives her a chance to run away again. And making her angry was better than let her feel embarressed  again (even he did not do it on purpose). I think thats why she could start feeling natural near him. Even both don´t noticed it before. He starts to look for her when feeling upset and she follows his order like it is already okay for her.

And than these terrible Day...
It was good, that CHD told JDS that she likes him. She was enwinded in her own fantasy about him and now it becames real. She never talked with him (or fight). She did not know anything about him - except of him beeing nice and caring (for eyerything and everyone) and loving her dishes. What kind of Love is that - it was her shelter. Without that - she said it - there was nothing left for her. But keeping dreaming about him - she was not able to see who is really near to her now.

On the other Side, KYS - his Day.
His Brother died 14 years ago and that is still the great Problem in the Family. His Mother used him with the Flowers - knowing that he would hate it - if he just know that it has something to do with his Father. And the Grandmother Case gone wrong.

I loved that he proves his real Heart when he chosed the new Medication - but it is not easy for him to show his true colour (and the vulnerable Side of him) so he chosed to stay cold on the outside. But he is already affected by CHDs Kindness.

So when he feels miserable in the Evening he calls CHD. Somehow I think he never calls his still-somehow-in-the-middle-of-breakoff-Girlfriend when he really feels lonely. But in front of CHD it is somehow okay - she already saw him from his worst sides. (trying to kill himself - getting angry - all that stuff). And I think it helps too - that he feels like she is not someone who might feels better than him. And she is honest. (I loved how he was happy when she complmented him. She never hold back cursing him - so this compliment meant a lot.)
Did he ever told his Girlfriend about his Brother? I don´t think so - would not fit to the picture of a strong and confident Doctor. But he can tell CHD.
And than there was this Moment... Two lost Souls finding consult in the Arm of the other. I loved the Music, the carefully movement, the fact that they are not drunk but totally aware of what they are doing. I loved his Eyes all over her faces to not do anything wrong. Her surprise...
Bravo to the Actors!
They really transport the tender still hot feeling to me.
And I loved the Pictures in the Bed - looking so comfortabel with each other.

And yes - he can sleep in the Bed with a Woman. Maybe he did not know that before too. ;)

The Preview:
Of course the Girlfriend (in my Eyes Ex - she already had a new Guy!) will ruine the Mood. And of course CHD will feel guilty - doing that after confessing to another Man. But she will find out. And KYS on the Phone was just cute. Using the Doctor-Card to find out what she feels. :P

I hope that was not too confusing. :)
Thank you for all your comments and Pictures.  :x
And sorry - this got longer than I thought it might be...

Thank you for the excellent discussion, everyone!
In my opinion, the writer may be saying that we should not always expect "logic" when it comes to human interactions. Also, maybe I am generalizing, but interaction develops more quickly for couples who are in their thirties than for younger couples.

Archived