Add and Subtract Game

Admin

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Whoa!!!!!!!!! @joccu will be so happy!!! Wonder when they are going there and where in Finland it will be filmed? I need to travel to Finland to find them :D

I want to meet Kwakkie

How will you meet him though? It's not like he is doing a concert or a fanmeeting where we can book a ticket to go and watch our idols. Lol. It sounds like a variety show that will take place indoors mostly. I'm curious about your plan. Are you planning on waiting in the airport or the streets to get a glimpse of your oppa? 

10 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Nah. B) I love it so far. There's still plenty that happens in each episode, and the dialogue feels natural and solid. It's a soothing show overall, just being able to watch these 5 families live life on one street and be a community. And it's fun to see all these actors (many that I've seen in all sorts of things after they made Reply 1988) in one place.

I love that show. It's so heartwarming. I rewatch it from time to time. Except for that last few eps, it broke my heart as you know the couple I rooted for didn't get together at the end. Sigh. But I still love the family dynamics, friendship and the old 80s vibe.

I watched this show almost 10 years ago and now having become more matured myself, I kinda understand why they didn't end up together. Even if I was deok sun I would've made the same choice. I used to be very mad at the writers, but I get that they've showed the most realistic outcome for all the couples. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@partyon sure why not.  I’m probably working when they are coming here but I can plan a trip to Lapland and maybe fly for the weekend. 
Do you have driver’s license.? You can fly to Kittilä AirPort  you still need a car to drive to the cottage or hotel. It would be nice to know where they planning to go. I mean Lapland is not that big but there are many places they could be staying. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, WeunXK said:

He look liked Xiao Zhan in this pic. @rocat🤔did you think he lose weight?

I like Xiao Zhan with the longer hair - he’s one of those who can carry it well; clean cut and sophisticated. I love him even more in glasses - that’s my weakness. :hooray2:

spacer.png

There are those who wear that but spot a totally different look - grunge with a devious charm, like Gong Yoo. 

spacer.png

and now I find excuses to put this one in….kekeke

spacer.png

Wu Lei looks very healthy and I much prefer him with shorter hair! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, kokodus said:

I watched this show almost 10 years ago and now having become more matured myself, I kinda understand why they didn't end up together. Even if I was deok sun I would've made the same choice. I used to be very mad at the writers, but I get that they've showed the most realistic outcome for all the couples. 

I'm only on Episode 13 but I know who ends up with whom...and I can see how it would be disappointing. Though I will always root for Park Bo Gum anyway! :) I think Jung Hwan is based on a real pilot who had an older brother with heart trouble, and who died early. I read that that would explain his absence from the flash-forward scenes, and why it ended up the way it did.

But I love the show so far, too. It's great to see that the parents have their own stories and storylines, and aren't just there to support the main younger leads like in so many other shows. The acting is all fantastic, and some little things make me laugh (like how dorky Deok Sun is). Definitely a heartwarming show. I want to get to the end to see how everything wraps up, but at the same time I don't want the show to end.

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

where is @Ameera Ali?? I really want ameera Ali here now to discuss this.....

:joy:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, sweetroad said:

think Jung Hwan is based on a real pilot who had an older brother with heart trouble, and who died early. I read that that would explain his absence from the flash-forward scenes, and why it ended up the way it did.

Yeah there were rumors that he Jung hwan's character was based on a real life pilot. But I don't remember Shin-Lee confirming it. And even if it is the case, I don't think it has anything to do with who deoksun ends up marrying. It's all about her choice. The writer was manipulative in making the viewers believe that he will end up with JH, if you notice in the initial eps, the mannerisms of future husband matches JH only. But towards the end, he behaves more like Taek. LOL. The writers are known for their "guess the husband" plotline. But before this drama aired, they said that Reply 1988 will be different and it won't focus more on who is the husband game. And it was true, comparatively this season was more about family dynamics and friendship than romance. But viewers like me did rip apart every scene, every detail in the show to find who the future husband is. Hahahaha. It was fun that way. But in the end, yeah I did curse the writers and sworn that I won't watch any of their dramas after this. 

Still ended up watching hospital playlist. Which is only the best kdrama ever. Lol. This writer director combo have some magic in their hands. Haha. 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

19 hours ago, sweetroad said:

The haircuts, though:

They haven't changed much since the 80s, have they... :unamused:

19 hours ago, WeunXK said:

@partyon and @joccu you are both lucky if you could  met him

Please make it happen @joccu :please:

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

How will you meet him though? It's not like he is doing a concert or a fanmeeting where we can book a ticket to go and watch our idols. Lol. It sounds like a variety show that will take place indoors mostly. I'm curious about your plan. Are you planning on waiting in the airport or the streets to get a glimpse of your oppa? 

I don't know Ms. Koko. Why are you asking such difficult questions? :Furious:LOL

@agenth @sweetroad and I will just let @joccu figure this out and then:

Spying The Cw GIF

6 hours ago, joccu said:

Do you have driver’s license.? You can fly to Kittilä AirPort  you still need a car to drive to the cottage or hotel. It would be nice to know where they planning to go. I mean Lapland is not that big but there are many places they could be staying. 

Of course I have a driver's license! The problem is the fact that we don't know where in Lapland they're gonna be. At least they specified it was in Finnish Lapland - otherwise we would have had to search for them in Norway and Sweden too. LOL :D

Chingu, can you try to see if you find any info in Finnish somewhere? :D

2 hours ago, rocat said:

Did you post pics of him somewhere?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ahh, it's finally Thursday. I want some coconut goodies. 😁

Looks yummy :yum:

Btw, here's the article, peeps!

Lee Je Hoon, Lee Dong Hwi, ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo & Kwak Dong Yeon in talks to feature in travel variety show 'Living in a Rented House in Finland'

1721303505-20240718-leejaehoon.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/07/lee-je-hoon-lee-dong-hwi-astros-cha-eun-woo-kwak-dong-yeon-in-talks-to-feature-in-travel-variety-show-living-in-a-rented-house-in-finland

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Still ended up watching hospital playlist. Which is only the best kdrama ever. Lol. This writer director combo have some magic in their hands. Haha. 

I disagree. I still can't believe you tricked me into watching it :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

@partyon  I will see what I will find out.  Will probably start scrolling the social media platforms and lapland sites to see if there is any news.  :hooray:

I do find it really interesting that they want to film it here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, joccu said:

I do find it really interesting that they want to film it here.

I can totally see why they want to film it there:

1) Koreans love Finland, sauna, Santa Claus and xylitol

2) Lapland is exotic

3) Lapland is trendy and hip

4) Finnish Lapland is a haven for Hollywood movies, Bollywood movies, international series, variety shows - you name it. There is actually a whole industry and many production companies for making films and programs in Finnish Lapland.

5) Finnish Lapland has the best tourism infrastructure. Compared to Sweden and Norway, you guys have done an amazing job at promoting Lapland for tourism. For most people in the world, Lapland is now synonymous with Finland. LOL

6) Lapland is the most beautiful in September with leaves changing color and Koreans love that time of year and to see the colors.

7) September is a great month to see Northern Lights in Lapland - the likelihood is much higher than in the winter time :glasses:

8 ) It's safe for these stars because there will be no fan girls anywhere (except for you, me, @agenth and @sweetroad - LOL). Nobody will know them and they will be left alone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

@partyon Never knew that Lapland was trendy. I know that it is really beautiful. But maybe bc I live here I just don´t see it like tourist sees it. 

with the climate change i actually don´t know if the leaves changes colour in september or is it in october nowdays.  

The Northern lights in Lapland is one of beautiful things I have ever seen. I have seen Northern lights even here where I live but in Lapland they are amazing. The scenary is amazing. 

I just watched this. 

It always baffes me that people are shocked to know that Santa Claus lives in Finland. 😅

• LOL 3

5 minutes ago, joccu said:

It always baffes me that people are shocked to know that Santa Claus lives in Finland. 😅

Cos the popular story is that he's from North Pole 😆

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 2

44 minutes ago, partyon said:

Did you post pics of him somewhere

I didn’t :lol: Cos I was responding to @WeunXK’s posts of him. 

This is also why….kekeke…but kinda retro…

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

33 minutes ago, joccu said:

Seriously. Oh.  I have never heart that. But it could bc I live in the same country than Santa Claus.

At the most it would be "Lapland in North Pole". 😅 

strawberry-cheesecake-ice-cream-10.jpg

ctto

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, rocat said:

I like Xiao Zhan with the longer hair - he’s one of those who can carry it well; clean cut and sophisticated. I love him even more in glasses - that’s my weakness. :hooray2:

7 hours ago, rocat said:

me too @rocat his recently pic. at  Bvlgari Serpenti Exhibition in Beijing yesterday do you liked it?Image

Spoiler

5 hours ago, partyon said:

@agenth @sweetroad and I will just let @joccu figure this out

5 hours ago, partyon said:

4 hours ago, partyon said:

I can totally see why they want to film it there:

1) Koreans love Finland, sauna, Santa Claus and xylitol

2) Lapland is exotic

3) Lapland is trendy and hip

4) Finnish Lapland is a haven for Hollywood movies, Bollywood movies, international series, variety shows - you name it. There is actually a whole industry and many production companies for making films and programs in Finnish Lapland.

5) Finnish Lapland has the best tourism infrastructure. Compared to Sweden and Norway, you guys have done an amazing job at promoting Lapland for tourism. For most people in the world, Lapland is now synonymous with Finland. LOL

6) Lapland is the most beautiful in September with leaves changing color and Koreans love that time of year and to see the colors.

7) September is a great month to see Northern Lights in Lapland - the likelihood is much higher than in the winter time :glasses:

Adventure Going GIF:hooray:@partyon

another article

https://www.soompi.com/article/1675476wpp/lee-je-hoon-lee-dong-hwi-astros-cha-eun-woo-and-kwak-dong-yeon-in-talks-to-star-in-new-travel-variety-show

In response to the report, a tvN representative shared, “We are preparing a new variety show where the cast will experience life in a rural village in Finland, living without electricity, internet, or clocks.:fun:

Spoiler

We have extended offers to Lee Je Hoon, Lee Dong Hwi, Kwak Dong Yeon, and Cha Eun Woo, and they are positively considering them.”

The agencies of all four stars have also confirmed that they are positively reviewing the offers.

Reportedly, “Living in Rented House in Finland” will showcase the cast experiencing the self-sufficient lifestyle of residents in a rural village in Lapland, Finland. 

Meanwhile, Cha Eun Woo and Kwak Dong Yeon, both born in 1997, are expected to display a great dynamic as same-aged friends.🤩

====

adding

https://www.leisurebyte.com/living-in-a-rented-house-in-finland/#google_vignette

The filming for Living in a Rented House in Finland is scheduled to start in September, with the show expected to air by the end of the year. As preparations continue, fans are eagerly awaiting further announcements regarding the final title and detailed concept of the show.

With its fresh and engaging premise, this variety show promises to offer viewers an authentic look at rural life in Finland, along with the entertaining interactions and adventures of its star-studded cast. If the participation of Je-hoon, Dong-hwi, Eun-woo, and Dong-yeon is confirmed, the show is poised to become a must-watch show, blending cultural exploration with the charm and camaraderie of its stars.

=====

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Did you guys see Lee Se Young's and Sakaguchi Kentaro's "What Comes After Love" posters? :love:

AVvXsEhPF3i2upgXPHO3Ba9uv9BK-c4G2SX9Gy_J

AVvXsEgbf-3nKurt9lrOw2FLIIqZz6RQl49qiMDM

AVvXsEiBwbhRdO3XPky2kTc_SM4krvmsyg4ag2xV

Two excellent actors - one Korean, the other Japanese! I will watch this! 6 episode drama - premiering on Sept 27.

Here's the synopsis:

"Choi Hong is a Korean student studying in Japan. She meets Aoki Jungo, and they fall in love with each other. But, they break up due to different thoughts about love and practical problems. Five years later, Hong and Jungo met in Korea."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, partyon said:

Did you guys see Lee Se Young's and Sakaguchi Kentaro's "What Comes After Love" posters?

Looking good! Might consider it too, though maybe not live watching. Six eps is easy to finish if the plot and acting are really good. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

okay. I have now what three episodes of welcome to first time in korea. the episode where (finnish, Swedish and Norwegian.) the funniest thing was when the foreign hosts in those countriest had describe their own Countries. They all said boring.  Like Finland, Sweden and Norway are boring countries. :loolz: I do kind of get what the host means bc they compare those countries to SOuth Korea. 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2