Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@phikyl Netflix does now, unfortunately. I used to be able to watch US shows just by altering the DNS. No more though. They've blocked that :( And no K-Drama's on the Dutch version of Netflix either! 

Lol I know about that :D I always bought expensive computers (well, hardware. I build them myselves). The computer I'm on now is the first I've not spent so much on. I've actually spent more on my wife's computer this time. She loves me for it :D 

@CamelKnight Aww that sucks! I understand their dilemma with copyrights though. 

I didn't build my current rig myself [that's the plan for the next one though] but I've upgraded everything to pretty much the max my mobo can handle. Having to put it in storage was painful, as was switching from max res to fastest framerate and still having issues with everything. :tears: Does your wife game too?

@phikyl copyright issues should be a thing of the past. We're a global community and the only ones unaware are the record- and moviecompanies. Unless they can milk it. They keep clinging to an outdated ancient business model and could've earned a lot more by now if they had only listened in the '90's and removed region restrictions. But that's an entirely different discussion :)

Yup, she games as well. WoW, mostly. She actually build her last rig herself (so proud :D )! I've had to downscale once *shivvers*. Never again! If my computer dies today, I'll have another one setup tomorrow. I'd even call in sick to work to get it working!

@CamelKnight It should be but of course it’s not. They’re going to stick with this system until they have no other option but to change. It doesn’t matter that their system is outdated and doesn’t work with the current times as long as they can milk even a little bit more money out of it.

Next time I’m not downgrading to my laptop. I’ll buy a plane ticket for my tower if I have to but there’s no way I can handle this downgrade again. Lol! Hopefully I’ll have upgraded my laptop to one capable of gaming before then though, and won’t have to worry about that.

@phikyl I'm afraid you're correct. They don't care about spreading their music/movies/series. They only care about money. If only they'd open their eyes and see they could earn even more if they only go along with the flow.

Lol :D Here's hoping it wont die on you!

@CamelKnight Of course! It's no longer about making the music/movies/art for the sake of enjoyment; it has to be all about the money! Never mind the fact that a lot of artists get exposure from the filesharing that the companies are trying to block. Those that really enjoy the music will still buy it regardless, in support of the artist. But what do I know? I'm just a consumer. 

Oh my gosh, don't even say that! You'll jinx me! I keep getting the feeling my current laptop is on its last legs and as much as I love having a tablet, a laptop is certainly more convenient for all the hobbies I pick up!

@phikyl Entertainment has been about money for a long time now. And I get that. I don't mind either. I have Netflix and would be willing to pay even more than I do now. But those regions... it's so 1996 (and even back then I had Internet so it was actually earlier). Unlock your content for me you evil corporations! :D 

Lol, that would indeed be bad! :P 

@phikyl you have no idea :( Most US stuff, if not all, I can see, but stuff from Korea is a problem. Besides that, Netflix thinks we need more time to view a single episode of a serie so they make sure we're always at least one or two seasons behind. Quite annoying, I can tell you. Especially in this day and age where spoilers are posted the second after the broadcast is done and we still need to wait a complete year, or more, for the next season. Ugh.