[MBC Weekend Drama 2014] The Legendary Witch 전설의 마녀

joy17

@valsava Considering how it ended, it was indeed an accident. I'm surprised they left it as that, it's typical kdramaland style that she would be behind NWS late wife's death.
Also i wanted more from the ending but i take what i can get. I really enjoyed the moment MSI and Byeol shared during the evening..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kayeeus

katiemaggie03 said: @kayeeus you wrote "I got it !! The OTP of ths drama is Bok Nyeo si and Grandpa. Now I can finally go to sleep. I am going to dream about my MDH si... " me too! Been saying dreaming about MDH. I think MSI finally realized that MDH was truly meant for her now that he is gone. I think she did the right thing of breaking up with NWS. How can she be happy with him now that MDH dead. If he was to let her go and he is well somewhere, there is a chance for NWS and MSI can be happy couple. By the way, the writers need to bring MDH back again because he said he can go comfortably now that he knows someone can take care of her; but she broke up with him so MDH needs to come back and take care of her again I love the memory part of a little flashback memory when he first met her. That was cute.

Guest zaabu

I still think they could have spared us the dead husband comes back trope and used the SIL to go against the family. He had all the evidence and could have worked with NSW and CAR to bring the Ma's down. That would really have taught them a lesson! And would have created an internal conflict in the Ma household. it would have been good for Ma to witness all his children fall apart and end up in prison with him. There was just too much value placed on just the one dead-not-dead-then dead for sure son. The whole thing obsecured JH's evilness for example. I can't believe she walks away without even acknowledging MSI and apologizing to her. As if her love of NSW was still great. The OTP angst was unnecessary in my opinion because it was introduced a little too late when the relationship between NSW and MSI was already well established and we were all on board with the emotional investment. It served only two purposes, drove us mad and separated the couple! But not every show needs to create this kind of tension between OTP. I think once the JH issues were solved the show could still have worked without the side OTP conflict. Or they could have used JH's craziness (that had already been built into the show and would not have been a surprising trajectory for her character). But may be I would still have been an unhappy viewer regardless??? I must say I did enjoy the show up until DH was resurrected. Then I sort of endured the show for 8 episodes. But I did like the mellow tone at the end especially since I was expecting they will drag things out to the last min. Am glad we got to say goodbye to DH yesterday...at least they managed to re-engage us emotionally whether we liked him being back or not. He was too pitiful. Let him be born to a better family (I know there is zero chance of that since his new mother in Run Jang Mi is a sort of mini clone of Ma! Guy can't catch a break). I liked that NSW and MSI remained true to their characters...although frustrating at times. (And let me be petty, why can't MSI open her mouth a little to kiss the man she missed!! I was like, give me more on that angle). It was good to finally see Ma being reflective and sorry (although it was still not as satisfying. Frankly I did worse things to him in my head!!). CAR fizzled, but I am glad she gave up living for the dead and started living for the family she still had! JH deserved a worse ending than she got...although am no longer so sure what crimes she has committed...just plain being nasty!! They could have gotten her for the patent debacle right? The apology seemed like a slap on the wrist. She didn't really seem invested in anything. She only lived to claim and marry NSW? She could not even look after her own mother! I resent this character. I suppose since her whole development was skewed towards just one agenda, we can all conclude her punishment is in not being able to get what she spent nearly a decade trying to get!! Love love SBN getting cleared of criminal charges, getting married (so glad they did not emphasize the whole in-law thingy). So I guess the witches get their revenge in that they live their lives happily and honestly which is more than we can say for their tormentors. Am happy to have stayed with the show and grateful to everyone in the forum for helping create our own fun and alternate plots!! My favorite character...Miss Little B (way underutilized I must add). See you again soon

I'm just starting this drama.  I wanted to wait so I could marathon it. The only thing that concerns me starting out is that the dead husband returns--probably was the writer's intention from the beginning. However, based on what I've seen in the first two episodes so far, they appeared to have been a couple who deeply loved each other; willing to put up with a lot to be together. That type of love doesn't come into a person's life often. Since I haven't watched all the episodes and just starting out, I'm feeling sorry for the husband--again, no insight into the future.  I'm just thinking he's waking up with the same love he's had for his wife and she's moved on with her life.  Sad.  I hope by the time I get to these scene, the writer will have changed my emotions.

I will miss not having the discussions with others on this thread, but will go back to read your comments as I watch this drama.

Guest katiemaggie03

@kayeeus sure! But we need a different team writers otherwise they might kill our MDH again LOL

The ending is pretty much what most of us have predicted on - except MSI and NWS getting married instead of the elders. Those hating NWS because (1) he got in the way between MSI and MDH, and (2) him not being a good father - I would just respond to item no. 2 - the drama is not about the father and the daughter of the present but more of the tragedy that happened in the past. The Li'l Byeol has a grandfather, grandmother and aunts taking turns on looking after her and Kkang Tteng and NWS the father has to work to make a living. I don't know how that made him a bad father.

The punishment of the Ma family really wasn't sufficient because not only were their intentions and deeds evil, they even basked in their evilness. 

Such as with the youngest daughter.  She had the gall to scream at her father for faking the case against NSW.  But, she was very happy to let it go when the same thing was done to Soo In.  She ate and slept comfortably.  Yet, she questioned how her family can laugh and eat fruit, after setting up NSW. 

The entire Ma family had no conscience or moral fiber. 

I hope they threw away the keys to the jail, after locking up the Ma family.  >:P

This drama was like a 3-legged race, that hobbled all the way to the finish.   It was such a waste of talent, especially of the four five female leads. 

For me this was one of the best endings ever, most dramas have the bad guys just being reflective of their bad deeds but this one sent two out of three MA's to jail. I could not be happier. I also don't need a wedding for it to be good, WS got back in time to give away the bride and to reclaim his woman. I found this particularly enjoyable because all the witches got a man regardless of their age, what could be better?
I don't see WS as a bad father he raised his daughter from the time she was born alone, I can't see how leaving her in the care of family that love her is a bad thing, He was gone at best a year and being the kind of man he is I'm sure he talked with her on the phone sent her care packages. There are people in drama's who send their children off to study for years without seeing them, JR and SIL for an example.

@IBELIS,  Who was 911 man  LMAO just kidding..  I was thinking maybe 911 would end up in the house with diver Tak and what's her face.. She would be a good G/Ma to they kids.. LOL Between the mama shady daddy and adopted G/ma those kids would lack intelligence  =))

I abandoned this drama when MDH  came  back   from the dead.

Now that I am satisfied with the ending, I will have to catch up and finish. 

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive - in spite of the ups and downs.

Guest anuyoes

K-netz reactions on the finale

original article: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002577878

1. [+3166, -41] A drama that started and ended for Kim Soo Mi

2. [+1323, -196] It felt like the end was rushedㅠㅠ A drama I'd want to watch again

3. [+909, -28] You've all worked hard!!!

4. [+726, -43] Aigoo~ It finally ended~

5. [+403, -14] I've watched all 40 episodes and only the Paris Baguette PPL stood out the most

6. [+250, -7] A drama in which only Go Joo Won is the pitiful one

7. [+238, -23] There were times when the plot got lost in the mountains but I was happy because of 'The Legendary Witch'!! I wish the cast finds more success. Today's episode was really fun

8.[+221, -9]  The supporting characters were better than the main characters~ Good drama nonetheless

9. [+161, -8] Really fun dramaㅠㅠㅠㅠ Kim Soo Mi was jjang funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+134, -2] Go Doo Shim looked so pretty in her make up and wedding dress^^

11. [+128, -4] Moon Soo In was the worst character in this drama

12. [+112, -10] This drama had its share of frustrating times but I really enjoyed it overall. Thank you

13. [+93, -3] Ma Do Hyun was pitiful but I enjoyed this drama. It survived because of Kim Soo Mi, Byun Jung Soo, Oh Hyun Kyung and Lee Jung Won

14. [+67, -2] Kim Soo Mi was the one who did everything

SOURCE: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/03/spoilers-legendary-witch-finale.html

Guest rachim4

I feel like people have a lot a mixed feelings about the show but for me I have finally realized why they brought back do hyun. EVEN if it was still shitty. They did it for closure. They needed someone inside the line who was so close to the Ma's that the good guys could get their revenge. Even though he started out on his fathers side he soon realized he was gonna die and that the only thing that mattered was Moon Soo In being happy. Soo in needed to be cut off from that family for good. Dying for his sins to MSI in and NWS was just brilliant. He didn't die on his families side. He finally chose love over family. He got the closure he wanted and we saw a good closure for him and Soo In. She got to say her good byes to him and let him know she still loves him and that shes in good care. I feel like they should have made him nicer because TBH as long as my gf/wife was happy, even with someone else, I would be happy too. If you love them let them go and they will come back to you.

also fans should expect these kinda poor girl s***ty life character from Ji Hye. She mostly plays the roles where she gets s*** on by the evil s***s. She plays them extremely well. It's a typical kdrama theres gonna be evil characters who will make you want to rip your hair out.  Thats the point. ITS a typical kdrama and a damm good one too.

anuyoes said: K-netz reactions on the finale

original article: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002577878

1. [+3166, -41] A drama that started and ended for Kim Soo Mi

2. [+1323, -196] It felt like the end was rushedㅠㅠ A drama I'd want to watch again

3. [+909, -28] You've all worked hard!!!

4. [+726, -43] Aigoo~ It finally ended~

5. [+403, -14] I've watched all 40 episodes and only the Paris Baguette PPL stood out the most

6. [+250, -7] A drama in which only Go Joo Won is the pitiful one

7. [+238, -23] There were times when the plot got lost in the mountains but I was happy because of 'The Legendary Witch'!! I wish the cast finds more success. Today's episode was really fun

8.[+221, -9]  The supporting characters were better than the main characters~ Good drama nonetheless

9. [+161, -8] Really fun dramaㅠㅠㅠㅠ Kim Soo Mi was jjang funnyㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+134, -2] Go Doo Shim looked so pretty in her make up and wedding dress^^

11. [+128, -4] Moon Soo In was the worst character in this drama

12. [+112, -10] This drama had its share of frustrating times but I really enjoyed it overall. Thank you

13. [+93, -3] Ma Do Hyun was pitiful but I enjoyed this drama. It survived because of Kim Soo Mi, Byun Jung Soo, Oh Hyun Kyung and Lee Jung Won

14. [+67, -2] Kim Soo Mi was the one who did everything

SOURCE: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/03/spoilers-legendary-witch-finale.html

Archived