[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stellaaaa said: What I found interesting about this drama is how it made a certain religious segment go off the rails.  It's a drama.  If people come to a drama to get their morality affirmed or questioned, then something is wrong.   
The plot started out well, but then got muddled with some makjang elements that were not necessary.  

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 24px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; overflow: hidden; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Showbiz Korea-EVERYTHING ABOUT CHOI JI WOO′S FASHION STYLES IN THE DRAMA "TEMPTATION"

saphire_D said: sorry... when i first watched the first episode i expected too much, but now i know that i was wrong, i should not compare this drama with Shark or Nice Guy..definitely wrong...mianee if you don't like my comments...you may skip me anyway one positif think is that in marriage trust is more important than love, and both of hubby and wifey have to fight for happiness in marriage.Great lesson..Don't follow your temptation, follow your healthy brain and your healthy heart.temptation is kind of cancer...

carmens said: saphire_D said: sorry... when i first watched the first episode i expected too much, but now i know that i was wrong, i should not compare this drama with Shark or Nice Guy..definitely wrong...mianee if you don't like my comments...you may skip me anyway one positif think is that in marriage trust is more important than love, and both of hubby and wifey have to fight for happiness in marriage.Great lesson..Don't follow your temptation, follow your healthy brain and your healthy heart.temptation is kind of cancer...

The word "beautiful" and this drama are an oxymoron. There is nothing beautiful about a married man falling for a wealthy woman who lays a sick trick to pressure (aka "test") their marriage in order to see if she can break it up and then successful. I don't know what you would call that, perhaps "Having it All", "I did it my way"  "to hell with other people".  But not "beautiful" perhaps "beastly" "babaric" or "brutal". 

To my SH/SY Shippers, I'm amazed at your continued support for our BEAUTIFUL Couple and their BEAUTIFUL Love Story. We are so glad to ship them. I read some interesting post and want to share it with you all: 
"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering.
 IDIOTS are ALWAYS dead sure about every damn thing they are doing and thinking in their life"                     - Vasudev
So true!!! 
So SH/SY Shippers, Fighting !!!

maddymappo said: The word "beautiful" and this drama are an oxymoron. There is nothing beautiful about a married man falling for a wealthy woman who lays a sick trick to pressure (aka "test") their marriage in order to see if she can break it up and then successful. I don't know what you would call that, perhaps "Having it All", "I did it my way"  "to hell with other people".  But not "beautiful" perhaps "beastly" "babaric" or "brutal". 

One day, in Hong Kong, a rich woman won without any effort a million dollars . For her this amount was almost uninteresting, but for a young family who lived along the same hotel that amount mean the difference between life and death.
The same night the Rich Woman  saved the young woman from suicide .For a million dollars the young woman give up everything, husband, marriage, love, his life.This woman's gesture put tremendous pressure on her husband, he realized he had to do anything to win the million dollars to keep his wife alive, as his father in law not lose his house (which will make his wife more unhappy)
Rich woman could give the youg man  one million dollars just like that , from pity, but she accidentally met the man a long time ago and knew  he will not accept her mercy. 
Rich Woman plotted a trick, asking the young man to sell her three days of his life for a million, it is like just she said three days of his life and not buy him for three days . Thus he could earn the money he needed, and she received the help of business in the few days left.Just like everyone in the drama, including ourselves the viewers we think she wanted buy him for three days . I'm sure everyone was amused when he really understood what Rich Woman meant when she made ​​the "indecent proposal"!!Maybe later in the drama, SY said she wanted to test their love and tried to break their marriage trying to get revenge on the evils things that HJ said to her, but the truth is that the young woman gave up on her husband and her marriage since the moment she thought about suicide.Why have we all forgotten so soon as SY saved HJ's life that night , risking her own life?
what we have forgotten the fact that young woman madon what she thinks happened in Hong Kong no longer trusted in her husband and unilaterally renounced to the marriage?andin Hong Kong was nothing wrong!!!!Back in Korea , then love happens why to consider a guilty love and despise it?SY was in love and accepted the love of a man when his wife dropped him, and left him ... he never wanted to gave up on her. such things have happened in this drama everyone has seen this just not everyone understood it like this.Not for that I'm sorry, I'm sorry that we have not enjoyed all the characters and the wonderful play of these talented actors, and we were concerned about issues of moral vengeance and who is or is not right.
No matter who is right , nobody can deny that it was a very good drama, the actors played very well and the characters became very real and human.

Congratulations to all!
=D>

Seriously, my friends, the drama ended two weeks ago and more than 20 pages have been added to this site since then.  The writer has had his say.  We may not like it, or agree with it, but its over.  If you really object to the path the writer took with this drama, then just boycott anything he writes in the future.   But there are lots of interesting dramas out there and coming soon and I'd love to read your thoughts and comments on those rather than rehashing something the writer has already ended for us.  8-|

carmens said:
One day, in Hong Kong, a rich woman won without any effort a million dollars . For her this amount was almost uninteresting, but for a young family who lived along the same hotel that amount mean the difference between life and death.
The same night the Rich Woman  saved the young woman from suicide .For a million dollars the young woman give up everything, husband, marriage, love, his life.This woman's gesture put tremendous pressure on her husband, he realized he had to do anything to win the million dollars to keep his wife alive, as his father in law not lose his house (which will make his wife more unhappy)
Rich woman could give the youg man  one million dollars just like that , from pity, but she accidentally met the man a long time ago and knew  he will not accept her mercy. 
Rich Woman plotted a trick, asking the young man to sell her three days of his life for a million, it is like just she said three days of his life and not buy him for three days . Thus he could earn the money he needed, and she received the help of business in the few days left.Just like everyone in the drama, including ourselves the viewers we think she wanted buy him for three days . I'm sure everyone was amused when he really understood what Rich Woman meant when she made ​​the "indecent proposal"!!Maybe later in the drama, SY said she wanted to test their love and tried to break their marriage trying to get revenge on the evils things that HJ said to her, but the truth is that the young woman gave up on her husband and her marriage since the moment she thought about suicide.Why have we all forgotten so soon as SY saved HJ's life that night , risking her own life?
what we have forgotten the fact that young woman madon what she thinks happened in Hong Kong no longer trusted in her husband and unilaterally renounced to the marriage?andin Hong Kong was nothing wrong!!!!Back in Korea , then love happens why to consider a guilty love and despise it?SY was in love and accepted the love of a man when his wife dropped him, and left him ... he never wanted to gave up on her. such things have happened in this drama everyone has seen this just not everyone understood it like this.Not for that I'm sorry, I'm sorry that we have not enjoyed all the characters and the wonderful play of these talented actors, and we were concerned about issues of moral vengeance and who is or is not right.
No matter who is right , nobody can deny that it was a very good drama, the actors played very well and the characters became very real and human.

Congratulations to all!
=D>

@Sweetpeaga, I agree about DramaFever. I wrote my review of Temptation but I could never get it to post. I wrote a formal complaint a little over a week ago and it's nice to see a bunch of other reviews now appearing like magic---and it's taking a bashing. 

It's nice to see so many people seeing the same craziness of this drama.

Finally brought myself to finish this drama. 
I thought the writer for 'The Woman Who Married Three Times' was the worst I've seen of kdramas todate. But this writer for 'Temptation' takes the cake, and then some more. What a (bad) piece of writing this is! 
@sweetpeaga I agree it was a pity that those actors/actresses fell for this project. It's so so so unfortunate that CJW and KSW took the bait and swam with it. It was even more atrocious that PHS and LJJ was hooked into it and got reeled in, and then got caught in the net of bad/delusional fandom of the main OTP.  Shipping has gone to a whole nother level here in this thread. Though I love the cast, esp the main leads, the writer has made a huge joke out of them. What a waste! So glad that YEH didn't take on this project as HJ. As for the awards night, it has historically failed viewers. It just doesn't serve appropriate or enough justice to ascertain whether a drama is good or not, so I am not counting on that result to prove one way or another.
@Iclarakl Good going there with DF. I enjoy all your insights in this forum of sadly, many more delusional takes than insightful takes like yours. @mapddymappo @sweetpeaga @joyoflife77 @triton823 @kimnana41 etc ... I wish I could drop off more names of insightful takes right now off the top of my head, but alas my memory fails me. I am sure you know who you are.
Aish. That's another 20 hours and more worth of good time wasted on a bad piece of writing! Argghh. Although I must say the acting all-round - CJW/KSW/PHS/LJJ, even cast B like CNBlue JJ and KSY - was all pretty darn good. The characters and plot development, though I'd like to give a good thumbs up as well... was a huge letdown all-round. I for one will avoid this writer like the plague from now on.

Archived