[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

:-* agree. that's why the line was never crossed in the first place, no? Nothing really happen (while SH & HJ are still married) although there are some debates talking about this point - which I feel is an open ended pathway.Rather than the story. it's the delivery by the main casts that is interesting. The interaction of lines, emotions and interplay is more interesting than the story itself....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLUFEATHERS said: :-* agree. that's why the line was never crossed in the first place, no? Nothing really happen (while SH & HJ are still married) although there are some debates talking about this point - which I feel is an open ended pathway.Rather than the story. it's the delivery by the main casts that is interesting. The interaction of lines, emotions and interplay is more interesting than the story itself....

lclarakl:  The line was crossed when SH as a married man agreed to spend 3 days with a woman thinking he had to sleep with her. Then it was crossed when he kept in contact with that woman when his wife told him not to. It was crossed again when he stood up his wife to be with this other woman. I hated this drama and the message it sent. The writer was completely lost and eventually gave up trying to make any sense of this drama. I for one didn't feel the least bit sorry for SY and her spreading ovarian cancer.

BLUFEATHERS said: Temptation is a great drama - kudos to the writer who is brave enough to attempt this genre. Temptation is a sensitive subject - look at the great divide of opinions here B-) ! It may not have won any awards but it's a success. If it touches your emotions, twist your nerves, and make you jump like like THAT...what does this shows? Wickedly beautiful.Temptation at its finest.
This drama is not a 'hit you at guts and appreciate it in a sec' kind of thing. It's a play of emotions - gentle river flows but with hidden currents. Just have to be patient and feel it. The character playout by individual character is an appreciation over time as they evolves as the story plot expands. The only unchanging character I see here is MW who sticks to his playboy ways, with not much of a regret.
A lot of vibe from commentators heaping adultery remarks on this drama - but where is adultery? The focus should be the term temptation. 
1- A wife tempted to die thinking it would save her hubby's company - immature action. Later, tempted by revenge after the fiasco...2-A man tempted by 1 million - to forsake his pride to save his life (that would include his responsibilty towards wife and family - no?)3- A business woman - recently discovered she can no longer be a mother- tempted to test the strength of the so called love between a couple who on the facade seems to be so much in love (she, being never been in love before and couldn't understand)4-A playboy - always tempted by beautiful women
The 4 leads have shown wonderful chemistry and interplay of emotions among them.
1- The cool yet hidden vulnerability of SY towards SH, yet her refusal to bow down to MW machinations. From the beginning she already felt remorse on her actions towards what happen to SH and HJ- look out for her subtle naunces in her eyes.2- HJ - Weak in the beginning but grows stronger emotionally as the story unfolds. She became a woman of substance gradually.3- MW - Egoistic? Pretty machiavillian - loves his character, bad boy ways and all4-SH-a simple man with simple desires - when he was with HJ he loves her; he tries to save the marriage; he gives up when things has no way to return from HJ reactions. With SY - he loves as he loves as he know how. There is no other ways to love except to love simply.

• 2 months later...
Guest dtyktvtntr

anyone knows the song when YSY and CSH out together on episode 11? when they're going to the icecream store? i think its like French or Italian song. thank youu

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/7/2014 at 1:22 PM, Lmangla said:

chickpea said: .........  BTW, I'm probably one of the only people on this site who actually did not like Stairway to Heaven...

I hate "Stairway to Heaven" ending, cursed it even, it's just not fair there's no happy ending even after so much suffering

On 27/7/2014 at 5:41 AM, hazelzerone said:

but why after she saw that shoes/ heels that she's then determined to take action. Can this support the fact that she has other intention than just to help? But why agreed on SH suggestion not to meet again in Korea later on? Why became lenient to her own rules?

Judging from her character, I think she want to have a little revenge because SH buy the shoes she had reserved

On 10/8/2014 at 4:16 AM, lclarakl said:

chickpea said: ymiss said: I wanted to point this out a while back but somehow, I kind of forgot to! Well, especially for married women in here and others are welcome to comment as well! How do you feel about Se Young telling Hong Joo that Seok Hoon is the man she's attractive to? If you were Hong Joo, the wife, how would you react?

sorry for the very late reply, I know it's 1,5 yrs late, but if someone told me that about my husband, I would say thank you, I know he is a chick magnet, but poor you, he only have eyes on me and then laugh it off together with my husband because I trust my husband that much

I wonder if anyone realized it, but from what i saw, after SH/HJ got divorced for some time HJ not doing anything bad, she's mad to SY which is something normal since in her mind she's the one that ruin her marriage, but nothing else, but then in the couple party, it's MW that provoke her to hate SY and SH more, from my point of view, MW did that to justify what he did (took her to the meeting, while what he want actually is showing her up to his colleagues, but unfortunately SH shows up along with SY) and that is what start the whole war thing, which he use as excuse to get HJ married him

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/8/2014 at 1:33 AM, luvjinhyuk said:

Am I the only one here that thinks SY saved both of their lives? I'm a married woman myself and if we got something like this thrown at us knowing my husband will go to jail, my father losing his home and might become homeless heck I would tell him to take the deal. I wouldn't be able to look at myself if I have to see my father homeless and to see my husband suffer in jail. I will just have to trust my husband and take that offer. I know it's more easier to say it then to doing it but look at the situation they were in, they were both really desperate and needed help lucky SY was there.

finally, someone with common sense, I'm married too and I would do the exact same thing with you if I'm in that position #HighFive

it's not that proposal that made their married not working, it's their changes of hearts and their blind trust and miscommunication, HS heart that attracted to SY and therefore change his attitude, and his blind trust of himself and HJ trust that he thought was so big on him while it's actually the opposite, and the result is instead of proving the strength of his love to his wife, it drawn him more to SY instead.

On 20/8/2014 at 11:59 AM, aiin2 said:

After watching ep12 with sub,I must say the marriage between HJ/MW is not genuine..Each have their own agenda..HJ is willing to marry MW in exhange for MW to destroy SH/SY..Even her brother is surprised at her character change.As for MW,since he's trying to get custody of his kids so he intend to show the court that he has a complete family thus he should be granted the custody..I am not trying to defend SY.No doubt she do play a part in SH/HJ's divorce BUT it is not 100Percent her fault..HJ had the chance to remedy her marriage but she chose to divorce so who is she trying to blame?..I think SY loves SH sincerely and utmostly than when HJ was still his wife..Not to burden SH,SY is keeping her problems to herself.HJ will be super jealous if she find out that despite all the difficulties n problems faced by SY/SH,they stand united and loving together!!!Sorry to HJ's fans,but I am enjoying every bit of SH/SY moments so I keep repeating those scenes!!!!I keep REWINDING those scenes!!Hahahahà...Anyway,with that said I think CJW is considered beautiful n elegant as she is more than 13years older (if not mistaken) than PHS..So all those talks about CJW being jaded n old are just craps!!!

Edit:Does SY's doctor friend knows she had s** with SH?

CJW 13 yrs older than PSH?? :o seriously?? not showing at all

On 18/9/2014 at 6:15 PM, lclarakl said:

yujien said: @mdj101 for CJW project i recommend to watch Can't Lose, Rondo, beautiful days, Star Lover, 101 proposal and mr duke and ofcourse winter sonata.... ;):)

most recommended Star's Lover, I'm grateful to watch it last (because the sinopsis not quite catching so I was hesitate to watch it at first) but after I watched the first episode, then second, and I'm sucked to the story, their soompi threat also so great, by the time I finished read the soompi threat I was like rewatched the series countless time :flushed:

The couple chemistry is so so so so..... made me completely forgot about BYJ and Joon Sang, BYJ who?? :P

Archived