[Variety] Roommates 룸메이트

Ep 3 was good, theyre all getting along very well, though it seems for now i guess, that they become really close with whoever they share a room with. Would prefer it to be more mixed and more involved with the rest, but thats probably to come in the future episodes.
Shin Sung Woo looks so much younger without the beard. LOL.

I need to see Ep4 nnoowww...i dont wanna wait....the ending preview showed Ga Yeon in tiny white shorts just kicking the crap every so often at Park Min Woo. hahahahahahaha =D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teddypizza

umm guys, is this show really gonna put a certain clips/cuts for preview but never really air them..? you know like GY low kick KJ, SH body gag introduction, BOM spraying mist to SH and DW for the first time..  :-?

Guest Soopke

@TRaNz, yes I agree, I wish there are more group interactions, those are my favorites. Shin Sung Woo looks totally different with his hair down too. But seeing some recent pics of him, it seems like he's growing a beard again hahaa.
@teddypizza, yeah, it's stupid they are airing previews which don't makes the final cuts. I want to see the couple shirts scene with Bom and Min Woo T__T

I think this upcoming episode is the last episode from their first filming week. So I hope we get new filming materials next week. Can't wait!

Added eng subs from Ep 3 :)

Guest teddypizza

@soopke i know right.. but i think the Bom and Minwoo couple shirt scene is not included in these past three episodes.. i think it will air on upcoming episode along Bom interactions with Chanyeol perhaps ;) Meanwhile the preview cuts is already in the past episodes -.-; 

Guest Athaya

Chanyeol holding piece of pizza and singing was most mersmerized thing. He is good in english  O_o Nuna is proud. Exo kids are talented and I want hear them live some day :) Whole idea of Roomate is fun. Dong Wook Oppa is cute i real time. Good paring him with that chuby man ;) At last Ajuma just started to be relaxed :D Bomie is light of the show! Like her a lot! 

I think the roomies are getting comfortable with each other in each and passing episodes. I specially like the interactions bet GaYeon, Sora and Bommie. Glad that Sora isn't so stiff anymore and is really cool about everything even though she can't get enough sleep at night. I also like how Mama shin and Chan Yeol was so productive. The only part which I thought was forced was MinWoo and Kang jun. Gah! MinWoo is like a 5 year old child! Walk the talk brother. 
Of course the high light was the DongWook-Bom interactions! It was just so refreshing to see them both so carefree with a very natural reaction with eachother. You can see it if you observe their body language, eyes and facial expression. They're both fond of each other! Can't wait to see more! 

I don't watch SK Variety, cause contrived comedy isn't my thing, but I am glad I gave this show a chance. I find myself laughing out loud each episode and that's such a nice feeling. I am enjoying the cast, and I like the variety in casting. However, I don't like that filming is still ongoing, if WGM has taught us anything, it's that once the cast starts watching themselves, they start to change and mold themselves according to what the netizens say and what they think will get them more fame. These early episodes were raw and somewhat more honest, because it was just the cast and crew interactions.

In non-show things, I am amazed at the living conditions of SK celebrities. I know some feel, they are not curing cancer or saving the world, so they should be happy with whatever they earn, but wow. Seeing their crazy schedules and how little they earn never stops being shocking. Plus, the fact that they have to be so guarded, because one slip, one bad joke and their entire career is down the drain.

The idols have been so programmed that when told to introduce themselves, they go into auto-pilot - Name, Age and Group. When they hear a snippet of their group's song, they assume the dancing position and seeing Kang Hoon be so afraid of his management when getting that cell phone was 0_o. You could see how excited he was with the phone, by the fact that he couldn't stop playing with it, the whole day.

All in all, I am enjoying the show so far. I hope it doesn't become too fake and unravels into viewer pandering as more episodes air.

Roommate is such a fun variety show! My tummy always hurts from laughing! :D Can't wait to watch episode 3 with subs :)
Se Ho - Dong Wookie's Love is an Open Door is hilarious!!! My fave so far!!!
:)) =)) :)) =))

Episode 3 daebak! I love all of them being carefree and spontaneous. There were just some tense moments between KJ and PMW, maybe because there is an air of rivalry, but I guess the rivalry is just a thin line and they'll get along just fine. KJ is mischievous yet so nice of PMW to still take care of him. SeHo is witty & intelligent. How hilarious was his tandem with the oh so good looking DongWook oppa! ;-) I got to see the other side of Nana and how she got along well with Soo Hyun, cant wait for their cooking skills! The trio bonding is also unbelievably funny! And last but not the least, the Rockers. I'm excited with their flat bench and eagerly wanting to see more of Chanyeol! He is so talented and cute! Hope when I wake up, it is already Sunday (raw ep) & Tuesday (eng sub) ;-)

Guest Bufa101

HSoohyun brought me here yda. :DShe replaced champagne 2 a bottle n drink w/ a straw.... daebak!! =))Her charm attracted me more!Ga-Yeon, her char n bare face is brilliant!Sora, her char is diff frm da 1st impression. Much btr at ep 3.Bommie, ilk alot wen she mumbling. dat's cute. she is full of char by humor.Also if she wasn't der, 'Rm#1' cudn't share rm peacefully. 8-> hahahaanw can't w8 dis upcoming ep. 8->
@aurelly  tq 4 da teaser.  it attract me. i woched ep 1 - 3 at a stretch. :))
@DaniaH  ILY Bo'Dong, Bom w camera n Park family pix. :D
@purpleZ tq! da 'relationship chart' was useful. 
Ik only 4 of dem: HSoohyun, Bommie, Chanyeol n LDW.  I had 2 surf da web if der r no info bout all cast. >:D<
n tq 4 da eng sub links. :x

Guest Soopke

@teddypizza They do cut out a lot of scenes. Like Ga Yeon kicking Seho again, but in front of all the roommates LOL. And So Ra comforting Soo Hyun. Perhaps it will air in the new episode.
I too, want to see some Bom/Chanyeollie interactions. And from watching the last 3 eps, it looks like they even haven't met each other yet hahah. (besides that one scene they showed in the previews) These 2 are having such a busy schedule.

I'm not really interested in the lovelines, but it seems they are really going for the Bom/Dong Wook ship. (Seriously, what happened with that Min Woo couple shirts scene T___T) Is this why they cut it out?

Guest purpurazz

hi, I'm new here :)

This seems to be such a "fresh" type of show... in comparison with many we have seen so far... ;))

The people they selected are very interesting, it was indeed a good choice to pick people from many areas, not only idols, singers, actors ;;)

Like some have said it, it adds more "flavor" to the mix...

But the editing is just so lacking... it really makes some things worse and others just too rushed, too incomplete...

Some parts that are boring, not that interesting they stretch it, and some parts that we want to see they cut so much or don't even show it as it seems like they would... like the couple shirt scene with Bom...

Will they really show this scene?

Since they showed they filmed "basically 24/7" during those days, of course there would be enormous amount of footage to edit and the crew could become overwhelmed with it, but it seems some pretty nice parts/scenes were left out...

They really should have some sort of site or a youtube channel exclusively showing just material from BTS, or interviews and scenes that were cut... wouldn't it be interesting?

Yeah, I know they show some clips here and there in the SBS roommate official channel, but they release videos with like 20 seconds only...

NOT comparing but if they did something SIMILAR with what WGM Global is doing, well, were doing last season, with the making off videos, interviews, etc... but in their own way, of course...

Many people would be interested in seeing those, right :-?

So far it seems really like "a breath of fresh air" but after it started airing, and the cast starts receiving all the feedback... who knows how it all will become, hopefully they remain as "grounded" as in the beginning..

The forced love lines though... if they wanna make a love/couple type of show... why not create a show similar to what Romantic&Idol were...?

Not saying no love lines should happen... but to NOT FORCE it.... to let things happen naturally...

But maybe that's too much to ask from a TV show... (gotta get money, ratings, etc etc)

But let's see... so far so good... could be better... but could be worse too.. :)

purpurazz said: hi, I'm new here :)

This seems to be such a "fresh" type of show... in comparison with many we have seen so far... ;))

The people they selected are very interesting, it was indeed a good choice to pick people from many areas, not only idols, singers, actors ;;)

Like some have said it, it adds more "flavor" to the mix...

But the editing is just so lacking... it really makes some things worse and others just too rushed, too incomplete...

Some parts that are boring, not that interesting they stretch it, and some parts that we want to see they cut so much or don't even show it as it seems like they would... like the couple shirt scene with Bom...

Will they really show this scene?

Since they showed they filmed "basically 24/7" during those days, of course there would be enormous amount of footage to edit and the crew could become overwhelmed with it, but it seems some pretty nice parts/scenes were left out...

They really should have some sort of site or a youtube channel exclusively showing just material from BTS, or interviews and scenes that were cut... wouldn't it be interesting?

Yeah, I know they show some clips here and there in the SBS roommate official channel, but they release videos with like 20 seconds only...

NOT comparing but if they did something SIMILAR with what WGM Global is doing, well, were doing last season, with the making off videos, interviews, etc... but in their own way, of course...

Many people would be interested in seeing those, right :-?

So far it seems really like "a breath of fresh air" but after it started airing, and the cast starts receiving all the feedback... who knows how it all will become, hopefully they remain as "grounded" as in the beginning..

The forced love lines though... if they wanna make a love/couple type of show... why not create a show similar to what Romantic&Idol were...?

Not saying no love lines should happen... but to NOT FORCE it.... to let things happen naturally...

But maybe that's too much to ask from a TV show... (gotta get money, ratings, etc etc)

But let's see... so far so good... could be better... but could be worse too.. :)

Soopke said:
I'm not really interested in the lovelines, but it seems they are really going for the Bom/Dong Wook ship. (Seriously, what happened with that Min Woo couple shirts scene T___T) Is this why they cut it out?

@Bufa101 hahhaha, ship Bom w/ everything...
Now I'm waiting for Bom x Kangjun interaction, how weird can be they both...you know, awkward kangjun and weird bom...what kind of topic these both will talk??

@Bufa101 hahhaha, ship Bom w/ everything...
Now I'm waiting for Bom x Kangjun interaction, how weird can be they both...you know, awkward kangjun and weird bom...what kind of topic these both will talk.

Guest basketsfruit89

At first I watch this show because of Chanyeol & Bom, I just know these 2 but after ep 1, I like all of them.The loveline is not bad, I mean if men & women live together it's natural that they have the feeling for each other. But I agree that if it's too fast, it become there's nothing to expect.- I like Bom - DongWook. I see that he cares for her. At episode 3, when people gather to watch TV he said that he wished she was there, I think it's a sweet side of him or when he was waiting for her come back home at the dawn. He seems always waiting for her don't you think? ^^- I also like Soohyun - Minwoo. They're quite close, I saw some moments when the camera not focus on them (When MW play drats, SH right next to him; or when they were in the living room she hold his hand to pull him up from the sofa, if I'm not mistake they will go to the bank together next episode. I find these little moments are cute).I feel warm when I watch all of them interact with each other, like real brother-sister (Shin omma to Chanyeol, Sora unnie to the girls, Minwoo to Gaun, Soohyun unnie to Nana). I think surprise me the most it Suho, normally I don't like gag man but he seems easy going, good at many things & kind, he & Dongwook make quite a cute roommate couple ^^Seriously, I can't wait to watch the next episode

Guest purpurazz

aurelly said: Hi..Welcome.This SBS Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzlCOcBX_lFxPp8lpXsMnaAshould we request them to upload others footage? Yes, I agree with you their editing is so bad. I hope they will show in ep 4 , the Park family interaction (Bom, Minwoo, Chanyeol).

About love line, IMHO SBS not force them, but cast member try to win the overseas ticket. Because SBS will gift overseas travelling for BEST COUPLE.

Archived