[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Go Seung Ji

Actors reunited 7 years after series

The leads of the MBC drama “Time Between Dog and Wolf” (2007), are set to reunite seven years after the popular series aired, this time on the KBS costume drama “Gunfighter of Joseon,” according to local reports yesterday. 

Lee Joon-gi was already announced for the new series, but yesterday actress Nam Sang-mi joined the cast, too.

“The character that I am playing seems like she is living a sheltered life,” said Nam. “But in fact she dares to go on an adventure and has a lot of curiosity about the world. 

“I was attracted by the strong-willed female character, which was rare in the Joseon era. She tries get away from all the norms and traditional customs.”

The actress also said that she is happy to be acting with Lee again.

“I will try my best to depict the ardent love between Soo-in and Yoon-kang,” Nam said, referring to the name of her and Lee’s characters.

The first episode will air in June, following the end of the series “Golden Cross.”

By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer | Korean JOongAng Daily | April 22 2014

#PrayForSouthKorea

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title single-title" style="font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 60px; margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; background-image: url( section-header.png); text-align: center; background-position: 0px 50%;"LEE JUN KI AND NAM SANG MI REUNITE FOR “THE JOSEON SHOOTER”gam013copy.jpg

Is this the year for drama couple reunions or what? First it was Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae reuniting for Hotel King. And now we’ve got the Time Between Dog And Wolf couple. Does this mean we’ll finally get a Binnie and Sun Ah reunion?
Nam Sang Mi has just confirmed that she’ll be joining the already confirmed Lee Jun Ki for KBS’s historical drama, The Joseon Shooter. These days, it seems that if a drama isn’t a noona-romance, it’s about revenge so keeping with that trend, The Joseon Shooter is about the son of the best swordsman in Joseon who gives up his swords for guns to seek revenge after his sister and father are murdered.
Lee Jun Ki will play the titular character, Park Yoon Kang, while Nam Sang Mi will play Jung Soo In, a courageous, adventurous woman.
Lee Jun Ki’s last drama was the action-packed Two Weeks while Nam Sang Mi was last seen on the small screen in the arguably frustrating Goddess Of Marriage. While they aren’t one of my OTPs, I enjoyed their chemistry in TBDAW. I remember replaying that scene where she threw her body over his to protect him from getting hit by some gangsters. It’ll be interesting to see what their chemistry is like these days.
The KBS drama is scheduled to air in June after Golden Cross.

credit couch-kimchi.com/ April 21 2014

#PrayForSouthKorea

Nam Sang-mi confirms Joseon Gunmanby javabeans | April 21, 2014 |sangmi_78.jpg
This isn’t new news, as the casting was previously teased, but now Nam Sang-mi has confirmed taking the lead role in KBS’s upcoming romantic sageuk-action-thriller dramaJoseon Gunman.

read full - http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nam-sang-mi-confirms-joseon-gunman/

#PrayForSouthKorea

Guest larabn

Hi everybody  :)
OMO @Miky88 and @yoomni66 glad to see you here :)
I've just read this news today and I'm really happy we get to see a reunion between these two after TBDAW
I love both leads and thought their chemistry was awesome, a lot of fans like me are just so thrilled about it
I'm so looking forward to it :)
Can't wait and hope it will be a success  :)

Guest SexyDolceVita

I hope the drama will have lots of romance as I've seen LJK in roles where romance was not the main focus....and I want to see him doing romance :\">

most likely, it is the same.

Ljk's dramas always revolve around a hero figure.

Guest novemberA

Good Morning everybody :)
I wish it was June already!!!!!!
LJK and NSM were and still are the best couple for me :)

Thank you @"Go Seung Ji"‌ for starting this thread. Now that lead actor and actress are cast, we are ready for Joseon Chongjapi. I trust the PD so the only thing i wish now is a very very good script.

Guest petito

lmhpsh said: I hope the drama will have lots of romance as I've seen LJK in roles where romance was not the main focus....and I want to see him doing romance :\">

Yatttaaaa... the tread is open... I can hilariously spreading my craziness on this tread. NSM and LJK is one of my favorite pairing since TBDNW. Last night I just going re watched the series again... and found a lot of chemistry like always. So this time I'll make sure make a time to watch this series.
June is my difficult time because of my study, so hopefully this drama can cherish me a lot

^^

I felt assured with Joseon Gunman PD, even without solid writers because Princess Man also have screen writers which not popular. I felt that Princess Man story is very simple about Romeo and Juliet story but it has much praised for his directing and solid acting. But Joseon Gunman is very unique concept/ plot because it setting in the middle historical and modern era, so I'm more drawn with Joseon Gunman

0708july said: I felt assured with Joseon Gunman PD, even without solid writers because Princess Man also have screen writers which not popular. I felt that Princess Man story is very simple about Romeo and Juliet story but it has much praised for his directing and solid acting. But Joseon Gunman is very unique concept/ plot because it setting in the middle historical and modern era, so I'm more drawn with Joseon Gunman

Guest petito

10262042_236615796533598_137879462130690
cr: Byeol Kong 
That scene from Time of Dog and Wolf is my favorite! And I think it's especially meaningful in this context because that scene was their "reunion" after years in the drama hehe

Archived