[Drama 2014] Gunman in Joseon 조선 총잡이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@daegorr, @badsmuler....

I take it back....

Hancinema does list the following two script-writers that you have mentioned.:

Han Hee-jeong (한희정), Lee Jeong-woo-III (이정우)

Han Hee-Jeong, before now wrote 2 Drama Special: 1. The Disappearance of the Member of Parliament.  2. Our Happy Youth.

Lee Jeong-Woo III does not show anything written before Joseon Gunman.

But the writers of "Comrades" are listed as:

Kim Pil-jin (김필진), Lee Eun-sang (이은상)

Someone needs to get this story straight...!   :((

@petito,  I loved that scene too, in TBDW.

@badsmuler chingu... I fully agree on the writer of Family Honor. What a smart script!  A real pleasure

Japanese model-actor Otani Ryohei joins Joseon Gunman 20140423111609711.jpg
http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20140423111609935

According to the news report, Otani Ryohei will be starring in Joseon Gunman as a Japanese warrior called Kanemaru who will help Park Yoon Gang become a hero of the people. Although his character is one "hidden by a veil" (I don't know if this is to be interpreted literally, or does it mean that he is a mysterious character), he will be an instrumental character to the plot development. 
Otani Ryohei last TV appearance was in Gu Family Book last year. 

Guest fiovial

Looking forward to this drama. I think Lee Jun Ki has the perfect look for sageuk (loved him in Arang) and I adore Nam Sang Mi. So many kdramas to look for this summer~yayy

I wonder if Junki was the one who roped in all his TBDW buddies for this show haha.
Here's a summary of the new castings:
Han Joo Wan will play Kim Ho Gyeong, the illegitimate son of a prime minister who bears lonely dreams of staging a revolution. 
Jeon Hye Bin will play Choi Hye Won, the only daughter of a businessman and a woman of beauty and charisma, who believes in ruling the world with money. 
Yoo Oh Sung will play the role of Choi Won Shin, the father of Choi Hye Won (played by Jeon Hye Bin) and head of a business. His character will have a cold, two-faced personality, who will be going against our hero and putting him in danger in the show.  I guess that makes him our villain. 
Choi Jae Sung will appear early in the series as our hero's father.

Lee Min Woo will play the young Emperor Gojong who dreams of building a new Joseon as the country faces a crisis. 

Ahn Seok Hwan and Choi Jong Won to join the cast. News article doesn't explain what roles they will be playing. 

Sources:http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109837643
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=482401
http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20140423153506415
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=493489

Guest petito

So many casting news for a day! Now "this" reunion is very good news. He was suberb as Mao in TBDW and I'm glad he's not the villain this time. 
Some more information on Jeon Hye Bin's character 
64375002.jpg

Jeon Hye Bin′s new character, Choi Hye Won is a heavily armed peddler with a cool face and strong charisma. 

As an iron lady who is not easily approachable, Choi Hye Won desires to possess the wealth of the world due to an unchangeable past. But then she meets Park Yoon Kang (Lee Joon Gi) and is swept away by the fire of love, and her obsession for him puts her in a tragic position. 

Jeon Hye Bin previousy acted in KBS′ God of the Worlplace and Taste of Curry. She is currently active as a firefighter on SBS′ My Heart Beats, being praised by viewers.

"Choi Hye Won is a woman with a large ambition to gain more wealth than any rich person," said Jeon Hye Bin. "I felt that she was a very charming character, who chooses tragedy after she realizes that love is not something she can gain as she begins to dream of love with Yoon Kang."

sr: http://m.enewsworld.interest.me/news/news_view.asp?nsID=64375
Oh so we have an obsessed lover...

@daegorr, thank you so much for illuminations on the different roles of the new cast members just announced...

@petito said:  "So many casting news for a day! Now "this" reunion is very good news. He was suberb as Mao in TBDW and I'm glad he's not the villain this time. "

This time he plays his real father!

This drama looks better and better by the minute!

tumblr_mxgz5fDjt31rifjlvo1_400.gif

This is realllly happening...Thank you Drama God! So happy and excited for 2014 caused all my favourite OTPs are coming back again with Jang Hyuk & Jang Na Ra (in Fated To Love You) and now Jun Ki & Sang Mi....*squeal*  
:bz

Loved their chemistry in TBDW and always hoping that they'll work again with that open ending of their relationship in TBDW and pleaaase a HAPPY ending for them here!! Fans don't even have to photoshop their image together we just dig up their TBDW days...good old days!  :-bd   :D See I don't have to PS them  together...  :D

Credit to respective owners
043463.jpg
TBDAW25.jpg
time-between-dog-and-wolf-nam-sang-mi-25
4495007.jpg
Oh no...why those blood looked so fake now?!

Joseon Gunman...like this?  :D

Thanks @petito for the latest photo!

Hmmm...I think in my next life if I can't be a celebrity I want to be a *Costume Designer* to ones, just look at the level of *up close & eh personal* skinship they've got...so jealous!!!
  ;)) :))

@Yeekrfan2, I got a kick out of your gif..thank you.. and love your TBDW screencaps!

@petito, thank you for the article about Jeon Hye Bin's character. So both her and Nam Sang-Mi's character are going to be in love with Lee Jun-Ki's character?  No wonder he twitted about this being an intense romance.   Now he will possibly be in a love triangle?!

This plot gets more and more interesting!

The character description of Choi Hyewon is very attractive to me, and JHB's looks in photos here naturally fit that kind of character. I don't know how about her acting though.

So, we already know the female lead characters and they are now seemed to be strong!

The only left is our hero's character. I'm curious how his personality is :)

The serious love triangle of Joongi with 2 ladies is actually a new theme for his fans :P

Archived