[Drama 2014] Golden Cross 골든 크로스

Admin

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tulip06 said: andy78 said: When Do Yoon went up to Yi Re and asked, “Do you personally know Seo Dong Ha?” Yi Re lied, “No, I don’t know him.” Do Yoon said, “You don’t deserve to be a prosecutor. One day, I’m going to find the killer of my poor sister.”...he is right i agree...she doesn't deserve to be a prosecutor...

I'm starting to wonder is it the relationship between father and daughter that makes him desire such young girls knowing that his on daughter is off limits he would chooses to have these kinds of affairs.. 

Watched ep 7 and finally Yi Re does something good but it is foiled by her stupidity surrounding her Dad. I really hope the show does not go down the Do Yun Yi Re romance route but it looks like they will go there - ugh.
What I like about the show is people are not walking around blind. The good guys are figuring out stuff. 
So President Hong wants to bring down the President right? And Michael plans to hand the guy to her on the platter. That is a nice twist. I really love them together even if they need to die for pimping out the sister. They are the best part of the show.

Well this is a first for me but I'm slowly warming up to this series just because of the way the bad guys are portrayed. First Michael had me intrigued with his fake man-child persona and then Sa Ra got me even more interested in the story with her sexy lady out for revenge thing (I'm rooting for her to take the whole Golden Cross down by the way) and now the old president steps out of the shadows and makes everyone squirm - I guess nothing beats experience even when it comes to being bad. The only weak link in this department would be YR's dad who seems a bit incoherent as a character but then again maybe that's what they were going for so I'm not complaining (too much :)) ).
 Another plus for these 2 ep would be that they are toning down the OTT melo scenes, the best example being the scene where we see DY' dad small funeral - the way they alternated the images of the rich men celebrating while the small guy parts with basically half of his family  was the first scene that had me thinking "Yes, that's what I'm talking about! " (great job from the director right there :-bd ).
 All in all I have to admit this week's ep have done a good job at keeping me interested and now that the clueless prosecutor will have irrefutable evidence against her father I suspect things are going to get even better :).

P.S. LSY sliding down the hood of that car "US cop-series style" was all kinds of cool and I know at least one LSY fan who will appreciate that scene for all the artistic value it had (am I right @stuartjmz ? :)) )

victorb

said:  Well this is a first for me but I'm slowly warming up to this series just

because of the way the bad guys are portrayed

. First Michael had me intrigued with his fake man-child persona and then Sa Ra got me even more interested in the story with her sexy lady out for revenge thing (I'm rooting for her to take the whole Golden Cross down by the way) and now the old president steps out of the shadows and makes everyone squirm - I guess nothing beats experience even when it comes to being bad. The only weak link in this department would be YR's dad who seems a bit incoherent as a character but then again maybe that's what they were going for so I'm not complaining (too much

:)

) ).

Another plus for these 2 ep would be that they are toning down the OTT melo scenes, the best example being the scene where we see DY' dad small funeral - the way they alternated the images of the rich men celebrating while the small guy parts with basically half of his family  was the first scene that had me thinking "Yes, that's what I'm talking about! " (great job from the director right there :-bd ).

All in all I have to admit this week's ep have done a good job at keeping me interested and now that the clueless prosecutor will have irrefutable evidence against her father I suspect things are going to get even better

P.S. LSY sliding down the hood of that car "US cop-series style" was all kinds of cool and I know

at least one LSY fan who will appreciate that scene for all the artistic value it had

(am I right @stuartjmz ?

) )

Lee Si Young’s Fan Club surprises her with a snack truck on her birthday 

On April 17, Lee Si Young’s Fan Club surprised the production team of KBS 2TV Golden Cross as well as to surprise the actress for her birthday.

Lee Si Young’s official fan club, “DC Lee Si Young Gallery”, carefully prepared a snack truck for the actress on her birthday. Lee Si Young spent her birthday happily and sent her gratitude and appreciation for her fan club’s efforts.

A bright smile appeared on the actress’ face as she saw this incredible surprise from her fans. The snack truck was filled with different snacks like fish cakes, rice cakes, coffee, teas and various menus with unique names which really amused the production team.

Lee Si Young shared, “I was actually very surprised by the gift my fans prepared for me. I’d like to send my gratitude and endless appreciation to their efforts. I promise to perform well in acting to pay everything back.”

One of the production team of Golden Cross commented, “Lee Si Young always brightens up the mood in the set with fulfilling energy. We’re very thankful to Lee Si Young’s fans. Because of them, we were able to rest well and regain energy. We’d love to express our heartfelt thanks to them.”

Meanwhile, Golden Cross airs on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM on KBS 2TV.

Cr. Kdrama

I love this week's episodes! Action pack with matching triller! I just hate YR's dad, this list of sins is getting longer, I can't wait till his so called daughter put him to jail, I just hope that YR will accept the facts that his dad is a cold blooded murder....

I have a hard time swallowing the let's have a romance with the daughter of the guy who killed my father and sister. Not blaming the child, but really I wished kdrama would stop with that nonsense trope. I just don't find it romantic especially with the overuse of it.

The fact that the father doesn't even look like a credible villain. That President Hong looks scarier than him maybe because she doesn't look panicky 3/4 of the time she's onscreen.

Wow! ep 7&8 were two great episodes! I cannot believe that again, the evil Seo has killed two members of Do Yun's family. This definitely puts a BIG wrinkle in the romance! I can see Do Yun faking it and maybe failing for Yi Re but more than that? There is too much bad blood between these two families now. 
And tell me, who IS President Hong really after? The Governor? Definitely not Seo. She is double crossing everyone and let's just say, I'm glad to see that. Still p-o'ed about them setting up the sister in the first place though but she can be assured that she has fallen way down my "hit list". 
But someone, tell me, is this writer female?! I am loving all of the strong females in this! When that sleaze detective Kwak was talking to Madame Choi, I yelled "I hope you are taping this convo!" You can't imagine my glee when she pulled her cell phone from behind her and had recorded the whole thing! ASA!!
Overall, this drama is still the best I'm watching! And damn, I swear I've heard music from Starsky and Hutch, Magnum PI; you name an American cop show from the 80s or 90s and this is the music we are hearing!!

Every drama that I'm loving has me pissed today, why must the poor people always be stuck on stupid, You kthink that someone is trying to kill your father you are rushing to get to him as fast as you can , would you real stop to fight some guy to assist the person's who father you believe is the cause of your sister's death and everything that has happened to your father?  Then there is the hospital, alarms going off and hospital staff help the ambulatory patients out and leave the ICU patient's to fend for them selves. Then you got mom who witness someone trying to kill her husband  not only leaves the hypodermic in the room but leaves her defenseless husband to go running around looking for help, the thought of pushing his bed out of the hospital on her own never crosses her mind.
The good thing is I now understand why they always get hit by the car when they save someone else from getting hit, it's because they have no self awareness, or self preservation common sense
I know the two leads will fall in love but that will be really strange for me, because if the father of the person I loved killed half of my family there is know way in hell we would every be together. 
There is an excitement to this drama that draws me in week after week that I love I would just love it more if my underdog would get smarter.

IBELIS said: Every drama that I'm loving has me pissed today, why must the poor people always be stuck on stupid, You think that someone is trying to kill your father you are rushing to get to him as fast as you can , would you real stop to fight some guy to assist the person's who father you believe is the cause of your sister's death and everything that has happened to your father?  

stuartjmz said: I am definitely tending to agree with those who think the inevitable romance is regrettable because of its implausibility - that couple would have issues enough to keep a team of therapists and relationship counsellors on the gravy train for life. OTOH, how much fun would it be if DH ended up with Chairman Hong? :D
BUT, that stopping to help is in a different category. For many people, that's an instinct, not a conscious decision at all - see someone hurt, go to help. It can become a conditioned response. Two examples that come to mind are the firefighters who went back into to the WTC building on 9/11 to help more people out after having already got out, and the families of the Amish schoolchildren killed in 2006 who setup a trust fund to assist the family of the gunman. In both cases, the actions might seem implausible if measured strictly by a rational cost-benefit analysis, but just as the urge to do evil can be strong in some, so the inclination to help can be just as strong in others. 

victorb said: stuartjmz said: I am definitely tending to agree with those who think the inevitable romance is regrettable because of its implausibility - that couple would have issues enough to keep a team of therapists and relationship counsellors on the gravy train for life. OTOH, how much fun would it be if DH ended up with Chairman Hong? :D
BUT, that stopping to help is in a different category. For many people, that's an instinct, not a conscious decision at all - see someone hurt, go to help. It can become a conditioned response. Two examples that come to mind are the firefighters who went back into to the WTC building on 9/11 to help more people out after having already got out, and the families of the Amish schoolchildren killed in 2006 who setup a trust fund to assist the family of the gunman. In both cases, the actions might seem implausible if measured strictly by a rational cost-benefit analysis, but just as the urge to do evil can be strong in some, so the inclination to help can be just as strong in others. 

Archived