[Drama 2014] Golden Cross 골든 크로스

Admin

it won't be easy KDH is not like them...but then again he lost his dad and sister he want Golden Cross to pay...I can't wait to see Michael Jang in trouble...everything started because of him and his evil game...

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stuartjmz said: IBELIS said: Every drama that I'm loving has me pissed today, why must the poor people always be stuck on stupid, You think that someone is trying to kill your father you are rushing to get to him as fast as you can , would you real stop to fight some guy to assist the person's who father you believe is the cause of your sister's death and everything that has happened to your father?  

I'm going to say this and not be ashamed, MJ is my favorite character. He appears to gave a grudge against the inner circle of the Golden Cross. He seems to want to take all their money away while SR wants them in jail. They both have used the innocent for their own purposes but have not really did anything to them.  
He especially seems to enjoy watching Teacher squirm. When MJ saw DY at DH home he could barely contain his glee.

Oh gee I got the wrong feeling for the main OTP, Kang do is using Yi Re, sometimes I want to hit her head in order for her to wake up, but can't blame her so much, after suspecting your father, he will tuck you in bed and stroke your head lovingly of course she would be blinded, but damn that cheif seo, gives me goose bumps when he did that to YR.

Plus she really have feeling for KD isn't it? Her feeling for him is genuine and it adds to their conflict, I wonder how many episode this drama will take because 16 will not be enough to sort everything out, I told my room mate that romance is impossible with the two because of the crimes the dad committed, but she said its not her bio dad in the first place; but still the pain that her family implicated on him will cause her to sacrifice her feelings, as for KD I think he still on the revenge mode, do you think guys that he will really genuinely fall in love with YR?

This is the weirdest drama experience ever, I'm loving the story more and more simply because more characters are getting in touch with their dark side. I was literally cheering for DY when he took YR and her family by surprise by working his way into the family dinner and the way that  messes with the douchebag dad/worthless excuse of a human being is simply priceless (love the WTF face he has every time he sees YR and DY together).
 MJ is as awesome as ever at being bad with the way he enjoys seeing creepy dad getting tortured and my girl Sa Ra is slowly working her way through all the scheming and I can almost see her coming out on top when all the dust settles (when she goes all "crazy eyes" angry you can almost feel the rage inside her \m/ .
 Maybe I'm having too much fun watching all the bad guys but even the clueless YR doesn't look that bad anymore especially since I'm pretty sure she knows "daddy" isn't exactly the model parent she believed he was (the scene when she pretended to sleep is the turning point for her if you ask me). Now all they have to do is handle her evolution from clueless daughter to "righteous prosecutor who spares no one" with care because this switch and the romance part can go wrong in so many ways.

P.S. Does anyone else find it weird that DY and his friends keep "arresting" people and handing them over to the authorities? Is there a posse comitatus provision in South Korean law? 

Guest bacom

I'm just on board Golden Cross today and I have to watch it nonstop. I'm only up to ep 4 right now and I'll have to marathon it. The main reason is the bad guy is sooo good (I know I'm twisted) Man, what a serious acting ability here. Everytime Chief Seo comes on screen, my blood pressure raises up but I still glue to the screen, watching every muscle on his face, watching every twist in his emotion.  I seriously need the paper bag to watch this drama because the bad guys are extremely bad and the good guys are so incompetent.  Chief Seo, Michael, the lawyer hold my ultimate attention while daddy Kang makes me scream in frustration. Again, kudos to all the veteran actors here, what a great performance they pull out

Halfway through and what I like most about this Drama can be summed up in one word: unpretentious. Given that almost none of my words can be thus described, that might seem odd, but the more I watch it, the more I like that it does the basics well. Not brilliantly, but solidly. It's not trying to be flashy and brilliant, it's settled for competent and that was smart. It's avoided Three Days'  mistake of going for mega-action,  and ending up unintentionally amusing, and instead has taken what for me is a novel variant of character development. 
A much wiser man than I (one who even shamelessly throws around big words like posse comitatus) said "I'm loving the story more and more simply because more characters are getting in touch with their dark side. I was literally cheering for DY when he took YR and her family by surprise by working his way into the family dinner" and I agree 100%. I thought DY's skills at manipulation and plotting were a highlight of the episodes. I was  particularly impressed by how well he matched the smarmily sadistic Michael, never losing in any of their verbal jousts.
 In fact, after their exchange in the bathroom, I said out loud, "boy, he's good" and that got me thinking about one slight flaw in the Drama. It's a very small niggle, but I'm wondering how the screaming, ranting, (I'll see your posse comitatus and raise you an) atavistically angry but ineffectual man could so quickly become the equal of all the schemers he's up against. It was a little sudden and drastic, but I definitely prefer him as he is now to how he was before. The only other thing I think they got wrong in these episodes was showing him at the punching bag and her on the treadmill - it should have been the other way round! I mean, COME ON PEOPLE, we're halfway through for Farquhar's sake, give me my LSY boxing!
In order to finish on a positive note, I was delighted by the ITYS moment when President Hong told DY she screwed up by not foreseeing what happened to his sister.  I still don't trust her, but she remains my favourite villain and the one I want to see win, or rather, the one I want to see lose the least.  And finally, another tip of the hat to my Latin-loving dongsaeng - I totally agree that the fake sleeping moment was a turning point, both literal and metaphoric, in their relationship. She's never turned away from him before, either literally or emotionally, so that was a big move. My happy gloating about Arsenal's win won't go on forever, but the slogan associated with the Club does seem very appropriate for our OTP here - Victoria Concordia Crescit. :) (GIYF)

Guest bacom

This drama is so addicting. I love its fast pace, its right dose of suspension, its smart plots and mostly the way it portrays the characteristics of the leads. Most of the main characters in here doesn't have the absolute draw between good or bad, there's always the gray area that make the characters more interesting and more normal.  Following is my impression of all my favorite characters in the drama ranked from most to least.
1. Seo Dong Ha
Jung Bo Suk is excellent as Seo Dong Ha who can change his facial expressions and appearances faster than a chameleon.  One minute he's a loving smiling father, the next minute he's a scary psycho; one minute he's a calm and collect man, the next minute he's an uncontrolled berserker. Although he's a twisted, despicable man, he surprises me with his genuine love for his daughter.  His most concern about his crime is not what if people find out he's the cupid but what if his daughter knows the truth. His time with Yi Rye shows a perfect daddy-daughter's loving relationship, almost makes me forget he's the same man who violently clubbedo death a girl who may have the same age as his daughter *shudder*
2. Michael Yang Michael makes me have goosebumps whenever I see his smilling face especially everytime he utters the word "ssaem" in every sentences he uses with Chief Seo.  I can't help myself I have to give cheers every time he makes Chief Seo almost have a heart attack. This man is the master of manipulation and his gleeful way of "playing" with Chief Seo make me love to hate him (or should I say hate to love him)
3. Hong Sa RaThis is the gray-est character in this drama. She's really bad but I still can sympathize with her. Imagine a woman who has to be a dog for 16 yrs serving her enemy in order to plan her revenge. Not only being a dog for her enemy, she also has to be under the thump of the manipulated master Michael. Living 16yrs like that, I doubt she has any conscience left to determine the right and wrong. Her ultimate goal is revenge and she's willing to use whatever means she can find and/or whoever she sees fit in her plan without thinking twice. Whatever happens, it's just a collateral damage of her revenge plan. A solid performance of Han Eun Jung as a cold, calculated but still vulnerable woman who blinds herself in the name of revenge.
4. Kang Do YoonFor the first 8 episodes,  I couldn't feel warm up to the hero. He's just like a lost case, acting stupid, shouting too much and unable to use his head. However, after the phone call with Hong Sa Ra, he turned completely 180° and peeks my interest. He has learnt the art of manipulation very quickly and practiced it wisely by able to go face to face with Michael and Chief Seo and not loosing his ground. I LOVE the last scene in episode 10 when Yi Rye came and confronted him. The way he spoke to her was so convincing that I was even persuaded that he was really in love with her he's willing to overlook her father. But then, when they hugged at the end and his face changed, I found myself screaming REALLY, REALLY? and I was completely sold. I love how the hero is portrayed like that. He's not 100% good person who only stuck up to the principle and acts as a perfect noble. I love the good guy who's willing to bend the principle whenever there's a need, who knows how to manipulate the situation to make it fit because that's what makes the person more realistic to me. 
5. Seo Yi RyeUp till now, her character seems dull compare to the "colorful" other characters. She's just a typical straightforward good girl. I just laughed at myself to think about how I criticized the trainee who told the lawyer's secret condition to her best friend on A New Leaf. But compare to our prosecutor in here, the trainee's gossip is so minor. Every time our prosecutor discuss details of her case to her dearest dad, my jaw just drops. And seriously, the discussion happens in all and every conversations between them. Now, she begins to doubt her daddy dearest, I really hope she installs some senses to stop her discussion from now on and I'm anticipated to see how she deals with the battle between her heart and her head.

Morning all Ive been waiting for this day with patients to see what's going to happen in Ep 11.. I'm so loving this drama and can't wait to see what Dy has planned for Yr.. Michael has competition on his hands and I think Michaels will show Yr the facts why she can't be with him.. Michael is going to tell her being with him is the only way to protect her and her family image.. Dad image is destroyed and Dy will see to it that he pay for his dad and sisters.. But I look for daddy dearest to take the easy way out and commit suicide thinking he protecting his daughter... 
Now my question to all of you is what do yall make of Yr mother..   

Archived