[Drama 2014] Golden Cross 골든 크로스

Admin

Also Michael may be a man child but he is very, very smart and she recognizes it. Both of them share patience which the other players in the story lack. She waited 16 years and Michael's conflict with Seo also seems to date to before the story starts.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bushiko9

dingax said: @bushik09 , I think it is a secret society still trying to make a deal with Michael's company for an influx of cash. Also, if my understanding is right, Michael's company's plan is to then sell Haemin bank at a profit behind the Golden Cross' backs. What I am not clear about is why Chief Seo and the President think the initial deal will bring money into the Korean economy. I think it is a version of trickle down economics but I am still fuzzy. The Haemin Bank president is clearly in it only for the money.
@drmjs ,  Also Michael may be a man child but he is very, very smart and she recognizes it. Both of them share patience which the other players in the story lack. She waited 16 years and Michael's conflict with Seo also seems to date to before the story starts.

After finally watching ep 6 I think I' going to stick with this series only because of Uhm Ki Joon and his awesome portrayal of the creepy yet resourceful Michael. It's becoming clear that the female lead is going to be the same "I don't believe it even if it hits me straight in the face" oblivious character and the whole evil chaebols scheming endlessly has been done so many times I can safely skip all those parts. Once again, this is a bit disappointing since the first 2 ep were really promising in terms of originality of the story (you would think I would have learned after the first few dozen dramas that fooled me this way :)) ).
 One thing has me a bit intrigued about the otherwise predictable story - Sa Ra. So she's got her agenda against the old pres. and she just becomes some kind of high class pimp/secretary/whatever sketchy role you can think of? She might play a big role later on, maybe even bringing the whole thing down. One thing though, maybe she doesn't become totally insane and end up like so many revenge-driven character before her: in the looney bin, murder-suicide, murder followed by prison... you get where this is going :)).

P.S. I'm wondering how things would have worked out if the main character of the story would have been Michael (minus the criminal behavior) Oh, well untill the day a creepy guy can be lead we have to hope for the best from the handsome and righteous guys we always get as the heroes for this kind of story :))

@bushik09 , @drjms used the term man child first. Chief Seo is obviously supposed to be wrong about the benefits of the deal and I suspect the writer hasn't thought in detail about the economic theory behind why he thinks this will work. The dichotomy makes Seo interesting to me. He has ideals and values but he lacks integrity and sacrifices them for the most expedient path like getting into a political, loveless marriage. Great dad but has no problem preying on young women. Wants to help the Korean economy but chooses a method that really benefits his cronies the most. He probably told himself this is all about the end goal except he just keeps digging into a bigger and bigger one. And it is suffocating him because unlike Michael and Lawyer Park, he knows deep down what he is doing is wrong.

Guest bushiko9

victorb said:
 One thing has me a bit intrigued about the otherwise predictable story - Sa Ra. So she's got her agenda against the old pres. and she just becomes some kind of high class pimp/secretary/whatever sketchy role you can think of? She might play a big role later on, maybe even bringing the whole thing down. One thing though, maybe she doesn't become totally insane and end up like so many revenge-driven character before her: in the looney bin, murder-suicide, murder followed by prison... you get where this is going :)).

OK, so six episodes in, this has finally settled into something I'm enjoying. I FF'd through much of the screaming and wailing of the early episodes, and some of the more tedious plot setups too, but now we're getting somewhere. 
Someone above railed against YR for talking to her Dad. My take is that yes, it was a HUGE breach of ethical standards, especially from the point of view of people who live in countries where the system at least seems to work slightly more than half the time. But in a country as corrupt as Korea, where the law is such a joke that it seems lawyers start their careers as judges before moving on to better things, her conduct seems not only less reprehensible but even understandable, given the obvious history of closeness and trust she had with him. 
What I really like about episodes six was the way it showed the various villains all starting to work against each other's ends. I like this for a couple of reasons.
First, it sets up the possibility of a not entirely unhappy ending. It doesn't have to be unalloyed Unicorns and rainbows, but a bunch of bad guys getting in each other's way is a credible set up for an ending that sees justice, if not exactly triumphant, then not utterly vaporised either.
Secondly, it makes the story more interesting to me. The whole Golden Cross secret society thing is a bit of a yawn really, because it ignores the fundamental problem of conspiracy theories - they presume quite insanely superhuman levels of competence from everyone involved. It's often been said of the moon landing and alien cover-up stories, that  to believe that any government could keep so many secrets for so long flies in the face of human nature and the evidence of history. Ditto for the idea that Freemasons/Illuminati/Golden Cross or a secret cadre of gay communist Catholic Zionists actually run the "free" world. People with money and power like having more of both, and sharing is not a concept they're fond of. So  to see this Drama devolve into more of a free-for-all, with every villain pursuing their own agenda makes it much more interesting and credible for me. Yay!
Also yay was coming here and seeing that even in my absence the psychic bond with my one-hornèd equine dongsaeng remains as solid as ever. The highlight of Episode six for me was seeing Ms. Hong start to up her game, and to see her very credible back story as motivation. Then I read @victorb making pretty much the same point, singling her arc out of the story so far. I feel like we just need one more male sibling to shoot our own Triangle (whoops, wrong drama, sorry!
I agree with @bushiko9 that she has at times shown clear signs of discomfort and potential remorse at what happened to our hero's sister, and those pangs of conscience could prove to be critical to unravelling everyone's plans. I also agree with our M.U.'s comments expressing a hope that she doesn't end up painted as insane and suicidal.
 I would have no problems at all with her surviving and triumphing over the other "villains" though. One of  the rare flashes of credibility in Three Days was when a hired goon sneered at a prosecutor and said "nothing's changed, money still rules" and the prosecutor replied "Yes, I know, but I'm going to keep fighting anyway". For me a similarly realistic ending would be if our OTP brought everybody down but Ms. Hong survived and was able to step into the power vacuum left by the good guys' temporary partial "triumph". K Dramas love to paint villainous females as one-dimensional shrewish bullies, if this one could shown as an ambitious, scheming real human being with real human feelings and an ability to exploit others successfully and rationally, that would be a win, in my books. 

Guest zoek

Started watching this last night. I know its the same writer as Bridal Mask and I liked that one. I can see her style in the first two episodes. I think I'm going to continue watching this drama. I just hope they don't drag it out! haha but it looks promising. I'm not to familiar with the main guy but he is not bad at all. We shall see how it goes!  :D

Golden Cross Episode 7 Review: Kim Kang Woo Find Out That Jung Bo Suk & Lee Si Young are Father & Daughter class="post-title"Golden Cross Episode 7 Review: Kim Kang Woo Find Out That Jung Bo Suk & Lee Si Young are Father & Daughter

1365063832-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=13&random= via 0 Comments 0 views May 7, 2014share2 share0 share0

In Golden Cross, episode 7, Kang Do Yoon(played by Kim Kang Woo) found out that Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk) and Seo Yi Re(played by Lee Ji Young) were father and daughter.

Previously, Do Yoon told Yi Re that Dong Ha was suspicious, but Yi Re kept telling him that he was wrong and ignored him.

Later, Do Yoon went to see Gal Sang Joon(played by Park Byung Eun). Sang Joon told Do Yoon the turth about Dong Ha and his relationship with Yi Re and continued, “I saw that dude entering Ha Yoon’s apartment several times.”

Do Yoon felt betrayed by Yi Re for hiding the truth from him.

Cr. Kdrama

When Do Yoon went up to Yi Re and asked, “Do you personally know Seo Dong Ha?” Yi Re lied, “No, I don’t know him.” Do Yoon said, “You don’t deserve to be a prosecutor. One day, I’m going to find the killer of my poor sister.”...he is right i agree...she doesn't deserve to be a prosecutor...

Golden Cross Episode 7 Review: Kim Kang Woo Does Not Trust Lee Si Young Again 

In

Golden Cross, episode 7, Kang Do Yoon(played by Kim Kang Woo) did not trust Seo Yi Re(played by Lee Si Young) again.

Previously, Do Yoon found out that Yi Re was Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk)’s daughter and that she has been ignoring his opinion that Dong Ha was involved in his sister’s murder.

Do Yoon went up to Yi Re and asked, “Do you personally know Seo Dong Ha?” Yi Re lied, “No, I don’t know him.” Do Yoon said, “You don’t deserve to be a prosecutor. One day, I’m going to find the killer of my poor sister.”

Golden Cross Episode 7 Review: Jung Bo Suk is about to Kill Lee Dae Yeon

In

Golden Cross, episode 7, Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk) was about to kill Kang Joo Wan(played by Lee Dae Yeon).

As Joo Wan woke up from a coma, Dong Ha and Park Gi Jool desperately prepared for the murder of Joo Wan. Gi Jool turned all the alarms on at the hospital and went to Joo Wan’s room while everyone was busy escaping the building. Just when he was about to inject some fatal medicine, Yi Re appeared. Gi Jool recognized her and ran away.

Meanwhile, Dong Ha arrived at the hospital and found himself at Joo Wan’s room. As Joo Wan called his name, he was surprised but soon realized that he was alone with him in the room.

Cr. Kdrama

@andy78,.......Hello.......You said.....
When Do Yoon went up to Yi Re and asked, “Do you personally know Seo Dong Ha?” Yi Re lied, “No, I don’t know him.” Do Yoon said, “You don’t deserve to be a prosecutor. One day, I’m going to find the killer of my poor sister.”...he is right i agree...she doesn't deserve to be a prosecutor...

I couldn't  agree more.. Yr needs to be kick out of her office... I'm still trying to figure out did she really get to that position without any of daddy's help.. Her discussing and on going murder case living in denial I don't know how she ever became a prosecutor.. How much more will she do to try and save her family face.. Yr has lived a shelter and pampered life and really don;t know the real world I don't see how she thinks that her family has never done anything wrong and is so clean without having skeletons in their closet.. I guess she forgot about her oath.. Also Yr mom threatening people if her dad or daughter finds out about it.. Well everybody is playing everybody for their on personal greed..  Also how can she be so blind with all the hints Michael has been dropping to her..
  Question: 
#1  did her dad really finish Dh dad off I couldn't tell..     
#2 do you think michael will pressure Yr dad to marry into that family..
Michael seems to fancy Yr.. 

The scene at the hospital when Yr's dad tried to kill Dh's dad. Where the hell is everybody, Dh's mom and nurse all just disappear for him to kill Dh's dad. What a good drama????????????He tried to kill somebody but just walk around like playing dumb, this is Kdrama land.  We have to ignore it.

Golden Cross Episode 8 Review: Jung Bo Suk Eventually Kills Lee Dae Yeon

In

Golden Cross, episode 8, Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk) eventually killed Kang Joo Wan(played by Lee Dae Yeon).

Dong Ha sneaked into Joo Wan’s hospital room and tried to suffocate him to death by using a pillow. He said to him, “You should have listen to what I said! Then this wouldn’t have happened. Why do I have to come all the way here and do this for someone useless like you?”

Then Dong Ha found an injection that would cause a heart attack and injected it to Joo Wan. Joo Wan stared at him and lastly said, “You’ll get punished for what you’ve done one day.”

Golden Cross Episode 8 Review: Kim Kang Woo Resolves to Take a Revenge in Front of Lee Dae Yeon’s Dead Body

In

Golden Cross, episode 8, Kang Do Yoon(played by Kim Kang Woo) resolved to take a revenge in front of Kang Joo Wan(played by Lee Dae Yeon)’s dead body.

Do Yoon sensed that Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk) has killed his father. He stood in front of Joo Wan’s body and said, “Now I think I know how to survive in this world.” He continued, “Whoever did this to you, who tried to prove your innocence to your kids, I’m going to pay back what they have done.”

Cr. Kdrama

As I watch Ep 8.. Yr dad has killed father and daughter trying to hide his dirty behavior.. The more he tries to hide it the more it show to his daughter.. Well she got and rude awakening to her family dirty secrets I still think she's playing in denial and it really hasn't hit her to what's going on and she had the close encounter with the killer herself..
Michael on the other hand I don't know if he's working with G/Pa to manipulating Yr dad but this man is very scary as the sexatary blames everything on Michale I think he and G/Pa stage it all together.. And sexatary is no better for going out getting these girls with the lie to making them a star.. I feel she's more guilty then the man that killed her.. I also think G/Pa knows who she is.. I see the higher these people will climb the harder they going to fall.. 
Yr dad may get away with some of his underhanded dealings but he want be able to escape two murder charges and G/Pa will sell him out before their group will become slander it's to many people involved and to much money so get rid of the root of the problem it's either send him to prison and kill him or kill him out right..   

Golden Cross Episode 8 Review: Lee Si Young Decides to Investigate on Lee Dae Yeon’s Death 

In

Golden Cross, episode 8, Seo Yi Re(played by Lee Si Young) decided to investigate on Kang Joo Wan(played by Lee Dae Yeon)’s death.

Previously, Yi Re witness Park Ki Jool(played by Jo Jae Ryong) trying to kill Joo Wan in his hospital room, and chased after him. Then she got injured by the knife he was waving at her.

Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk) was mad that his daughter was hurt and used this opportunity to tell her to stop the investigation. However Yi Re said, “If Kang Joo Wan is harmed, it’s all my fault for not listening to Kang Do Yoon(played by Kim Kang Woo).” Later, she heard that Joo Wan was dead and was speechless. Soon, she said, “I have to get this investigation going.” Dong Ha was once again anxious that his daughter might find out that he was the killer.

Golden Cross Episode 8 Review: Kim Kang Woo Notices Jung Bo Suk’s Fake Smile 

In

Golden Cross, episode 8, Kang Do Yoon(played by Kim Kang Woo) noticed Seo Dong Ha(played by Jung Bo Suk)’s fake smile.

Do Yoon visited Seo Yi Re(played by Lee Si Young) at her hospital room. Dong Ha recognized him and said, “I heard a lot about you from Yi Re. I’m so sorry for your loss…” Do Yoon replied, “Thank you. I feel sorry for Prosecutor Seo for getting injured for trying to save my father. Are you okay?”

After Do Yoon came out of the room, he once again resolved to take a revenge on Dong Ha.

Cr. Kdrama

andy78 said: When Do Yoon went up to Yi Re and asked, “Do you personally know Seo Dong Ha?” Yi Re lied, “No, I don’t know him.” Do Yoon said, “You don’t deserve to be a prosecutor. One day, I’m going to find the killer of my poor sister.”...he is right i agree...she doesn't deserve to be a prosecutor...

Archived