[Drama 2014] Gabdong - Memories of Murder / Gap Dong 갑동이

StaRix

i just finished watching this drama after hesitation but i loveit, it's brilliant   :x Lee Joon is awesome, he is really scary and i've to fast forward a few scenes of him when watching at night...too creepynow i can't ever see him the same way.......he is more psychopath than the guy in You who come from the Stars...perfect actingi see Kim Ji Won in a new light too, although it's scary but i do feel the chemistry btw her and Lee Joon

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a week already.

Anyway.. about the ending, IMO the idea about gapdong's past story is not my favorite one. But I appreciated the little twist about using the knot as camoulflage. The one that stole my attention was definitely RTO's storyline, interaction with other characters, his mother, and his ending.

seoyounglby said: Although its hard to sympathize with Tae Oh for his evil deeds, however, towards the very end, I do feel sympathy for him. How cruel could his mother be to order someone to kill her son. How could she do it, especially she even make sure Tae Oh's stocks are transferred to her other son and herself. I am just wondering, who should be responsible to turn Tae Oh into a monster or beast? What mother in the world would kill her son twice, once by passing the pill for him to kill himself, which he took and saved himself from dying, and 2nd time, when she got a killer to finish him off.
While Gapdong was sympathetic to start with for killing his first victim, his girl friend's father, but ultimately he was the real beast who could not stop killing, and even when in prison, he was still not sorry for what he had done and remained a bully in prison, and still making use of others to do his evil deeds - and ultimately he is still the evil beast.

IBELIS said: seoyounglby said: Although its hard to sympathize with Tae Oh for his evil deeds, however, towards the very end, I do feel sympathy for him. How cruel could his mother be to order someone to kill her son. How could she do it, especially she even make sure Tae Oh's stocks are transferred to her other son and herself. I am just wondering, who should be responsible to turn Tae Oh into a monster or beast? What mother in the world would kill her son twice, once by passing the pill for him to kill himself, which he took and saved himself from dying, and 2nd time, when she got a killer to finish him off.
While Gapdong was sympathetic to start with for killing his first victim, his girl friend's father, but ultimately he was the real beast who could not stop killing, and even when in prison, he was still not sorry for what he had done and remained a bully in prison, and still making use of others to do his evil deeds - and ultimately he is still the evil beast.

Watching now the special episode behind the scene and i must say it quite intretsing,i'm always curious about how the stories behind the actual drama,how they film it,the props and so and the actors how they embrace their characters and how they feel about them and their struggles to bring them to life or the scenes that on screen look simple yet in fact are hard filming and repeating...i can say this was such a fun enviorement,they sure liked to make this drama and it is clear they were quite close to each other..Totally love Yoon Sang Hyun,besides being a great actor in my opinion he is also such a friendly and comic guy in real life,it makes it easy for all the people to bond when he is so easy going,and for the younger ones who are always more shy in front of their seniors or because of their personality...i would totally love to work with a guy like him for real...and i really hope to see Kim Ji Won in a leading role soon because she is such a versatile young actress and so pretty,totally like her...i also liked the director,such a nice and devoted guy...Lee Joon,everyone knows he did a fantastic job and is cute to see him behind the scenes,poor guy,hurting himself so much...i know he was the one in the water with the knife in ep 1,still think they made a mistake there because they showed him in that scene and after another thug int he rooftop,i know it was him even at that angle becasue of his face,so i don't really know that point was,maybe to be the cameo for the second dude or what,but they didn't manage to hide his face well...he is totally hilarious and cute along Kim Min Jong in so many scenes,i totally found it sooo cute when they were reharsing the stabbing scene in the final episode and he was so tired that when the director told him to say his lines he was zooming in her arms saying feels so good,sooooo comfortable...i really felt sad knowing and seeing that he was sooooo tired and glad that teh stuff were kind to him even so and that the director said he liked Joon very much when he choose him for the role yet he didn't liked his sheldule yet he did an amazing job even so...I must say for me at least for now i'll asociate Yoon Sang Hyun with Mad Monk and Joonie with Tae Oh,i think till their next big role i'll keep this...hope Yoon Sang Hyun will challange himself again with another good role because for me this was a big plus for him and in my eyes made him take a step away from Oskai must say i wanted to see also the person behind the drawings because she/he is such a awesome artist,if she is not the ne who made the sketch that is as well as the writer's impressions of the way her characters were put to life,find this quite intresting,and for last i'm so sad that they didn't release an official V.A. of the OST with the instrumentals used because i totally loved them and wanted to hear them again in thier full lenghteven so i must say this was a good drama and will be one of my favorite from now on! and hope to see another good project from this writer

Lee Joon says he isn't satisfied with his work on 'Gabdongi'
MBLAQ-Lee-Joon_1403886992_af_org.jpg

MBLAQ's Lee Joon said he could have tried harder for his latest role as an actor on the TV drama, 'Gabdongi'.
"I wasn't too satisfied with my acting," he said during a special broadcast on tvN. "There are a lot of parts I was dissatisfied with."
"Since I also work as a singer, my schedule made it hard for me to go all-in on the drama," he said. "This work would follow me for the rest of my life, so I had a lot of worries. Thankfully, the producer captured me well and I just put my trust in him and followed."
What did you think about his 'Gapdongi' role?
allkpop

IT seems to me that Lee Joon is a perfectionnist! He really did a great job... He is still young and has just started as an actor. He played only a few roles and that's it. Anyway, I'm looking forward for another drama with him! I read somewhere, he doesn't want to play roles as love interest... I think, he likes challenging himself. :)

Guest Bitter_Remon

It's not true that he doesn't want to play roles as love interest, he's not against it but surely something on he can challenging himself  ;) 
Here you can read the interview where he talks about what kind of role he want to play:
 http://www.getitk.com/interview-lee-joon-cannot-help-but-act/?lang=en 
class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"[interview] Lee Joon Cannot Help But Act

Lee Joon of MBLAQ successfully acted psychopath Ryu Tae-oh in recently finished tvN’s drama ‘Gabdongi’. What he did in the drama shows us his potentials to be a great actor.

‘Gabdongi’ has ended but Lee Joon is focused on filming a movie. Let’s meet him.

[엠블랙 이준3]

Q. How do you feel about the finale of popular TV series ‘Gabdongi’

I feel both good and sorry. I am happy but sad. Since I lived as Ryu Tae-oh for a long time, I fell in love with my character and I had such a great time working with the cast members and the production team. Although everything ended, I would still feel the same about the drama. I think I should do a better job as so many people supported me.

Q. Was there anything you wanted to do after finishing the drama?

I’d like to go on a trip if I have time. I want to have some time to rest. I think I need time to recharge. I am shooting movie <Guest> in Gangwon Province. I will consider this a trip.

Q. Was it emotionally difficult to play the character?

Not at all. I thought the character depends on how I act it. So I studied the character a lot as I knew it could be simple or complicated depending on how I express it.

[엠블랙 이준5]

Q. How similar are Ryu Tae-oh and Lee Joon?

If I have to, I would say ‘passion’. Ryu Tae-oh and I are both so passionate about what we do. I think our attitudes toward our work are very similar.

Q. You showed such good acting skills in ‘Gabdongi’. Do you have any regrets on any scenes?

I do not have regrets but there was a very impressive scene. There was a scene where I sneer at Chief Cha. I think Ryu Tae-oh’s personality is shown well in the scene. The characteristics of Ryu Tae-oh were up to how I act him. I think I succeeded in expressing him well.

Q. In an interview, you gave yourself only 1.5 points about your acting skills. Aren’t you a little too strict to yourself?

When I monitor myself, I always feel that I should have done better. I think I should keep working to do better and should not be satisfied. That is why I always look for mistakes and things to fix when I monitor myself. I will keep think I should learn more and work harder and practice a lot.

[엠블랙 이준4]

Q. ‘Gabdongi’ is Ryu Tae-oh’s hero who makes him free. Who is your hero?

My hero is my family. They always support me. I think everyone’s hero is their own families. They always support you and love you. And I also thank my fans for taking care of me and supporting me.

Q. What kind of roles do you want to act? And what kinds of evaluations would you like to get?

I do not want to set a standard on role that I would play. I would play any character if it makes me interested and attracted to it. I want to hear people say that I always try and word hard. I will always go back to the basics as a singer and an actor. I hope people can have trust in me and watch my dramas or movies and listen to my songs.

Q. Would you like to say anything to the viewers who watched ‘Gabdongi’ and your fans?

Thank you all so much. You may think it is so easy to say that. But I really appreciate your love and support. I will keep working hard so that I can meet your expectations.

이준 팝아트1

Pop art of Lee Joon (Illustrated by THE GRIM FACTORY ‘더그림팩토리’)

I have not watched this drama from start to finish and I've been jumping around in it since I like the actress playing Maria. In the end would Oh Maria have left with Tae Oh if he had not died and why? I thought it was a bit weird she was about to leave right when the main lead was having an operation. If anyone could clarify I'd be grateful.

xxxzxxx

said: I have not watched this drama from start to finish and I've been jumping around in it since I like the actress playing Maria. In the end would Oh Maria have left with Tae Oh if he had not died and why? I thought it was a bit weird she was about to leave right when the main lead was having an operation. If anyone could clarify I'd be grateful.

Thanks Miky88 :).
I got the same feeling about her doing it because of guilt but as I said I have not watched every episode closely. I just felt it a bit weird - as you also stated - she would suddenly do that for a killer. I also felt they had way too much sympathy for him in the end.I'm glad he died though - it would have been unfair for the victims and their families otherwise - especially if he would not end up in jail. The flashback played when Tae Oh died which episode is that from? It looks like a scene from episode 19 when JW and her are doing the rock, scissor, papir thingy but I couldn't seem to find the part Maria actually promises to stay beside him until the end (to repent).
This drama had great potential but sadly some of the ridiculousness kept me from investing a lot of time in the drama and watch every episode closely - especially the episode they do that car racing scene with Tae Oh who is in custody (I think? - he was behind bars at least) was a bit over the top. The songs and bagground music in this drama were great though.
OT: If some of you wish to watch a female version of a psychopath then you should try 'Luther' - Ruth Wilson plays a great psychopath :).

xxxzxxx

said: Thanks Miky88

:)

I got the same feeling about her doing it because of guilt but as I said I have not watched every episode closely. I just felt it a bit weird - as you also stated - she would suddenly do that for a killer. I also felt they had way too much sympathy for him in the end.I'm glad he died though - it would have been unfair for the victims and their families otherwise - especially if he would not end up in jail. The flashback played when Tae Oh died which episode is that from? It looks like a scene from episode 19 when JW and her are doing the rock, scissor, papir thingy but I couldn't seem to find the part Maria actually promises to stay beside him until the end (to repent).

This drama had great potential but sadly some of the ridiculousness kept me from investing a lot of time in the drama and watch every episode closely - especially the episode they do that car racing scene with Tae Oh who is in custody (I think? - he was behind bars at least) was a bit over the top. The songs and bagground music in this drama were great though.

OT: If some of you wish to watch a female version of a 

psychopath 

then you should try 'Luther' - Ruth Wilson plays a great psychopath

:)

Guest Bitter_Remon

it was reaveled what type of drama or possible character?

Unfotunately not but it was said in an article few days ago

On June 27, a special post-drama episode for “Gap Dong” was aired featuring Yoon Sang Hyun and Lee Joon.

In an interview Lee Joon admitted that he wasn’t expecting that one his scenes would be chosen as the best one and he didn’t know that a lot of people really liked the way he act as a psychopath.

Lee Joon has received a lot of compliment on how he delivered his character as a psychopath killer in “Gap Dong”. His eerie and scary looks brought the creeps out of the viewers yet still captured their interest. The murder scene where he showed off another spookish and frightening look was revealed to be the best scene in the drama.

What is your favorite scene in this drama?

Well I just got lost and confused watching this drama Gap Dong is a drama I need to focus my attention on with watching all the episodes one after the other.. Even though the last episode I didn't watch because I choose to save it for the re-watch 

Guest dhebbie2t

Hello everyone
Just dropping by on this thread, wanna see how you guys doing
I just finished this drama, I really finish the full 20 episodes in my entire off, because this drama is kinda interesrting for me.

GOOD JOB to the entire Casts and Crew.....clap clap clap.

I wanna commend Lee Joon for his work..........I keep on mentioning him in my twitter account because he really got me, he did a DAEBAK acting in this drama. He deserve a trophy for this.

I'm sad the real killer got away with it. Also about the ending I think they're trying to remind us that there aren't any monsters around us. Only those inside us that we feed.
Yep the kid did a decent acting job.
I totally despised the barbies (Oh and the little cartoonist).
The show could have been even more serious and popular without their posturing in high heels&nail art being tough while pouting *EYEROLL*
The kid was fine but after she started befriending the copy cat *EYEROLL*

Yeah, it was downhill from there.
And I really hate this 'oh ever y child that had something bad happening to them is a rapist-killer-lunatic'
NO, ppl, that's not how it works.
So stop pointing fingers at the wrong ppl.
I'm upset by it.
They're born wired in the head different.
Stuff that makes us hurl and commit suicide makes their toes curl in pleasure and commit even more crimes.

SPOILER. do not read if you haven't seen episode 20
You have been warned.
tsk tsk

oh, well I thought that it was pointless to kill the kid that way. Why give power to the old man behind bars. He should have just stayed in prison powerless without disciples to follow his orders.
Oh should have gone with the kid...it would be a fresh ending (unusual).

SPOILER END

You know ever since i watched Secret Garden I always liked the actor playing Mad monk:D
I was glad to see him trying out a manly role:D:D:D:D

Archived