[Drama 2014] Gabdong - Memories of Murder / Gap Dong 갑동이

StaRix

1489081_681294365267911_694823168_n.jpg
Gap Dong / GapdongGabdong - Memories of Murder갑동이 (Gapdongi / Gabdongi)
Network: tvN
Official Website: HERE
BiHOT9lCQAAVu_a.jpg:largeBip6C9WCAAEBfFo.jpg:largetumblr_n2qo0pT80C1sg2018o6_1280.jpgBiHN0piCcAAAdgW.jpg:large20140310012707_420265_800_1143.jpgtumblr_n2bja8nOOZ1tqgh5ro1_1280.jpg
245A683F5357981E1A0CF9
Bis3Lz0CEAA5i0Y.jpg
BjEYNavCEAESbla.jpg:large

Director: Jo Soo Won
Writer: Kwon Eun Mi
Producer: ~
Episodes: 20Release Date: April 11, 2014Airtime: Fridays and Saturdays | 20:40 KSTGenre: Crime, Mystery, MelodramaPreceded by: Emergency Couple

PlotMoo-Yeom (Yoon Sang-Hyun) is a detective. 20 years ago, Moo-Yeom was a Buddhist monk, but he got into trouble with a man named Gap-Dong. To cut ties with him and cut off whatever karma would arise from his involvement with Gap-Dong, Moo-Yeom became a detective. After the statute of limitations expired, Gap-Dong appears once again. Moo-Yeom sets out to catch him once and for all.

Drama series is inspired by the "Hwaseong serial murder case" which occurred from 1986 to 1991 in the Taean Neighborhood of Hwaseong, South Korea. Ten women were raped and murdered during that time period. The real life case also inspired 2003 movie "Memories of Murder".

Source: AsianWiki

CastCharacters: 1 | 2 | 3
Yoon Sang Hyun as Detective Ha Moo Yeom1902816_589097111181046_2057056080_n.jpg

Sung Dong Il as Chief Detective Yang Chul Gon1619321_589097207847703_1711802510_n.jpg

Kim Min Jung as Maria Oh1013863_589097117847712_1844417965_n.jpg

Lee Joon as Ryu Tae OhBivlp9vCEAAjtKx.jpg:large

Kim Ji Won as Ma Ji Wool1510525_589097211181036_497342522_n.jpg

Jung In Gi as Cha Do Hyeok
Kan Nam Kil as Han Sang HoonJang Hee Soo as Maria's motherJang Gwang as Monk JinjoJo Ji Hwan as Lee Hyung Nyeon

Character Relationship ChartEnglish translation: HERE

tumblr_n3nl8bhbxW1sg2018o1_1280.jpg

Version 1 (Credits: AllcastEng trans: Shan | Photo edit: Julee)
Version 2 (Info HERE)
Credits:
as tagged | yshsupportjYoonSangHyunInternationalFansClubHongKong

First script reading took place at CJ E&M Center in Sangam Neighborhood, Seoul

Individual pics: 1 | 2 | 3
BgF7NxcCAAEzka8.jpg:large
cr to tvN

Teasers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQzcBVimhsYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m46yo6NaAr4http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hiqDQTn4x7s
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHACF1FNnZ8: "Thank you... You are still alive." |
0:30 sechttp://youtube.com/watch?v=F-Dy-6VDyrM: "That beastlike guy... is still alive?" |
0:30 sechttp://youtube.com/watch?v=G9AUu26yWic: "Are you still alive like me?" | 
0:30 sechttp://youtube.com/watch?v=VOq9QiCtRUA: "My hero... is still alive!" | 
0:30 sechttp://youtube.com/watch?v=CfdYBCsklCc: "Absolutely impossible... still alive?" | 
0:30 sec
English sub
|
|
|
|
|

cr to CJENM | Shan5YSH0921com

Other Videos

English sub:
|
cr to CJENM | Shan5YSH0921com

Prequel Webtoon [20140331]
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | **Video HERE**

1185696_598938026863621_821888572_n.jpg

Press Conference [20140408]1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20| 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | **HD photos by TopStarNews: 1 | 2 | 3**Videos: 1 | 2 |
20140408_1396936053_54344200_1.jpg1396936140895.jpgBkrrx8zCcAAENp5.jpg:large
cr as tagged | CJnDrama

Previews
Highlight Preview with Eng sub:

cr to Shan5YSH0921com
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
| Special |

cr to CJENM 

OSTs
Part 1tumblr_n77p5cgkFc1sg2018o5_r1_1280.jpg
1. "Rush" - Every Single Day "에브리 싱글 데이"
2. "Rush (Ins.)" - Every Single Day "에브리 싱글 데이"Release Date: May 16, 2014Audio
Part 2
tumblr_n77p5cgkFc1sg2018o6_r1_1280.jpg
1. "Time" - Every Single Day "에브리 싱글 데이"
2. "Time (Ins.)" - Every Single Day "에브리 싱글 데이"Release Date: May 30, 2014Audio

cr to BubbleFeetMusic @ YouTube

Nationwide Ratings
AGB Nielsen Korea
[20140411] Episode 1 - 1.51%[20140412] Episode 2 - 1.98%[20140418] Episode 3 - 1.37%[20140419] Episode 4 - 1.64%[20140502] Episode 5 - 1.77%[20140502] Episode 6 - 1.76%[20140509] Episode 7 - 1.81%[20140510] Episode 8 - 2.32%[20140511] Episode 9 - 1.72%[20140516] Episode 10 - 2.00%
[20140523] Episode 11 - 1.89%
[20140524] Episode 12 - 2.08%
[20140530] Episode 13 - 1.68%
[20140531] Episode 14 - 1.91%
[20140606] Episode 15 - 2.32%
[20140607] Episode 16 - 2.23%
[20140613] Episode 17 - 1.85%
[20140614] Episode 18 - 2.17%
[20140620] Episode 19 - 2.07%
[20140621] Episode 20 - 2.13%
Source: DramaWiki

Links
| Daum | BaiduHanCinema | Wikipedia | AsianWiki | DramaWiki | Dramabeans | KDramaStars |

GAP.jpg
01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION
Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoon Sang-hyun considers chilling serial-killer drama for tvNby javabeansyoonsanghyun_49.jpg

I Need Romance 3 hasn’t even premiered yet but already tvN is busily prepping the drama that will replace it, and courting Yoon Sang-hyun (I Hear Your Voice) and Sung Dong-il(Answer Me 1994) to star in it. (Both are considering favorably at the moment.)

It’s titled Gap-dong, and it’s a mystery crime drama that’s based on a real case, the infamous Hwaseong serial killings that claimed ten women’s lives in the 1980s (and served as the basis for the movie Memories of Murder). While the case was never solved (its statute of limitations has run out), the drama posits that the criminal was someone named Gap-dong, who resurfaces twenty years after the original string of crimes to strike again.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DON'T POST FULL ARTICLES FROM DRAMABEANS BECAUSE IT DIVERTS TRAFFIC FROM THEIR SITE WHICH THE LADIES DON'T LIKE.

dramabeans.com/2014/01/yoon-sang-hyun-considers-chilling-serial-killer-drama-for-tvn

Yoon Sang Hyun, Sung Dong Il In New Detective Drama
yoonsanghyun_gapdongyi.jpg

Yoon Sang Hyun may be making a drama comeback this year in a crime thriller no less. He’s been courted to star in tvN’s upcoming drama Gapdong, which is about the Hwaseong murders back in the late 1980s. The Korean name translates to ‘Gapdong-yi’, which suggests that it’s a nickname for the serial killer in question.
As Detective Ha Mu Yeom who is haunted by the murders, Yoon will be tracking down the serial killer as the Hwaseong murder cases reach their statute of limitation. Sung Dong Il is said to also join the cast as the chief detective in charge of the case. This drama will be a far cry from their usual roles as boisterous comedic male leads, which I think would be a welcome change. Nothing shows off an actors’ range than a new genre.
Neither are confirmed for the drama yet, though Yoon Sang Hyun is said to be eyeing the role favorably. If he takes it, he’ll be reunited with his I Hear Your Voice director Jo Soo Won. Depending on which news report you read, the drama is airing sometime in March/April after Emergency Couple or I Need Romance 3. I see more news reports saying that it will follow I Need Romance 3, so some other reports could be simply erroneous.
sources: star newstv report

kaedejun.com/2014/01/yoon-sang-hyun-sung-dong-il-new-detective-drama

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actor Yoon Sang Hyun Confirms His Role in New tvN Drama
Screen-Shot-2014-01-08-at-5.55.56-PM-800

Actor Yoon Sang Hyun will be returning to the TV screen as a charismatic detective.

On January 7, multiple broadcast officials confirmed Yoon Sang Hyun has been cast as the leading role for a new tvN drama, “Gapdongee” (working title).

The storyline of “Gapdongee” was inspired by the Hwaseong serial killings, and it will portray the investigation of a serial murder case. The serial killer Gapdongee makes his return after 20 years, and Yoon Sang Hyun will be playing the character of Ha Moo Yeom, the detective in charge of his case.

Ha Moo Yeom becomes a detective from a police corporal in order to end his ties to Gapdongee. He has an ill-fated relationship with Gapdongee who disappeared 20 years ago. After the statute of limitation on his case expires, Gapdongee returns. Ha Moo Yeom goes in a desperate search to find him.

Yoon Sang Hyun will attempt to undergo an acting transformation through his role as a detective in pursuit of a serial killer. He will be breaking away from the comical characters he portrayed in previous dramas and will be showing a new side of himself through playing a detective who crosses between devotion and obsession in order to find the killer.

“Gapdongee” will be taking over the spot of “I Need Romance Season 3” once it concludes in April.

soompi.com/2014/01/08/actor-yoon-sang-hyun-confirms-his-role-in-new-tvn-drama/#.Us4Pw9IW2Ip

Yoon Sang-hyeon and Seong Dong-il to star in "Gap Dong?"

photo391063.jpg

It appears Yoon Sang-hyeon and Seong Dong-il are revising the offer for the new tvN drama "Gap Dong".

This drama is planned to broadcast in March after "I Need Romance Season 3". "Gap Dong" is a criminal investigations drama about serial killings based on the true Hwa-seong serial murders.

A media recently reported that Yoon Sang-hyeon appears as the detective to struggles with these murders and Seong Dong-il is the new chief of section in his department who was the superintendent of the Il-tan father and daughter serial killing happened.

Yoon Sang-hyeon starred in the SBS drama "I Hear Your Voice" and Seong Dong-il starred in the tvN drama "Answer Me 1994".

Source : www.etoday.co.kr/news...

hancinema.net/yoon-sang-hyeon-and-seong-dong-il-to-star-in-gap-dong--64726.html

Can't wait for this drama to air...the plot is so dark and chilling and more because we know it's from a real case so i'm expecting it even more...With a duo so awesome i'm sure i'll fell in love with it...Loved HIT and the more recent Ten so hope to add this one on my fav. dramas as well :x

class="at_ttl" style="text-align: center; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Yoon Sang Hyun To Play Detective In Gritty Murder Drama

BY Joan MacDonald | Jan 09, 2014 02:25 PM EST

yoon-sang-hyun.jpg?w=600

Popular roles seem to come in waves. Many of the best characters in any drama season will have the same profession, whether they are prosecutors or doctors or time travelers.

In 2014 some of the best roles may be detectives. Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won have already signed on to play detectives in "You're Surrounded."

Now Yoon Sang Hyun, fresh from his success as a police officer-turned-defense attorney in "I Hear Your Voice," may also be picking up a badge.

He is considering the role of detective Ha Moo Yeom in a new tvN drama titled "Gapdongee."

The drama is based on the 1980s serial killing of ten women that took place in the rural city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province. It was believed that the killer was a man in his 20s but little more was known of him. Almost two million police officers were involved in the hunt for the killer and more than 20,000 suspects were considered. Even so the case was never solved.

The real killer in this case was never found and escaped the statute of limitations, which expired in 2006. Before serving as the basis for this dram, the true-life case also inspired the film "Memories of Murder.

In the drama, the police get another chance to solve the crime because the killer returns after 20 years to commit another round of crimes.

That means Ha Moo Yeom, who became a detective just to nab the serial murderer, has a new chance to catch the criminal and put him away.

Sung Dong Il, who appeared in "Reply 1994," will play the police department head who was a detective at the time of the original murders. He and Ha Moo Yeom have a lot of history that dates back to the original case.

Solving the case, which previously defied two million police officers, may be up to the two of them.

Yoon Sang Hyun has been successful in a variety of comic roles, including that of the chauffer in "My Fair Lady" and the has-been Hallyu star Oska in "Secret Garden." The drama "I Hear Your Voice" offered him a chance to try his hand at a few serious scenes, although that drama had its comic moments too. Playing Ha Moo Yeom in "Gapdongee" may be his grittiest darkest role yet.

Jo Soo Won, who directed "Cheomdamdong Alice" and "Swallow The Sun" will direct "Gapdongee." Kwom Eum Mi, who wrote  "Royal Family" and "General Hospital 2," will write the screenplay.

The drama will replace "I Need Romance 3" in April.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

• 4 weeks later...

More news~

Kim Min Jung Trying To Work Things With Staff For "Gap Dong"
kim-min-jung-trying-to-work-things-with-

Actress Kim Min Jung (31) might be cast in tvN drama "Gap Dong" (script Jo Soo Won, director Kwon Eum Mi).On January 20th, Kim Min Jun's management company Even Better ENT said that the tvN drama "Gap Dong" is a piece with the motif of the Hwasung serial killing.  It's about a fictitious city called Il Tan and the story of policemen who chase after Gap Dong who's the most likely suspect and in the roles of the detective and the sheriff there are actors Yoon Sang Hyun and Song Dong Il.
"Gap Dong" is a collaboration between wrtier Kwon Eum Mi who wrote "Royal Family" and Producer Jo Soo Won who directed "I hear your voice" and has been attracting attention even before the broadcast.
"Gap Dong" with Min Min Jung possibly acting and Yoon Sang Hyun and Sung Dong Il confirmed will be broadcast after "I Need a Romance 3" in March.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.kdramastars

MBLAQ's Lee Joon is cast in upcoming tvN drama series GAP DONG which has already cast Yoon Sang-Hyun, Kim Min-Jung & Sung Dong-Il. 

For drama series GAP DONG, Lee Joon will play Ryoo Tae-Oh. His character works as a barista and his character is scripted as having genius like intelligence. 

Drama series GAP DONG is based on the real life "Hwaseong serial murder case" which also inspired award winning film "Memories of Murder".

GAP DONG will first air sometime this March in South Korea.

http://asianwiki.com/Gap_Dong

tumblr_n0i7ytd3hm1sg2018o1_1280.jpg

Lee Joon turns genius barista for thriller dramaby javabeans | January 22, 2014 

leejoon_28.jpg

What is a “genius barista”? you ask. Beats the hell outta me, but apparently that’s what MBLAQ idol star Lee Joon will be in the upcoming tvN thriller Gap-dong, which is the drama based on a true story about a string of unsolved murders whose perpetrator resurfaces after twenty years.

Why does a murder thriller need a genius barista? you ask. WHO KNOWS.

In any case, Lee Joon’s character (if he confirms—he’s currently considering) is a twentysomething named Ryu Tae-oh with an IQ surpassing 150, the looks of a manhwa hero, and, presumably, some mad coffee-making skills. He also happens to be adept at drawing out conversation and blessed with an excellent memory that doesn’t miss a detail. I suppose those would come in handy for the cops in the case, to be played by Yoon Sang-hyun (the investigator leading the hunt for the resurfaced killer) and Sung Dong-il(as the veteran cop who was on the original case). Kim Ji-won is also up for a role as the killer’s new victim who becomes pivotal to solving the case.

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/lee-joon-turns-genius-barista-for-thriller-drama/

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"MBLAQ Lee Joon to Turn into Barista in New Drama0Posted on 2014/02/04 by Jessica Kim in TV mbn_banner_close.PNGK-pop boy band MBLAQ member Joon poses during a photo shoot with TenAsia in Seoul, Korea. [TenAsia/ Gue Hye Jung]

MBLAQ member Lee Joon has been cast in a new drama where he will turn into a genius barista, his agency said on Tuesday.

An official with J.Tune Camp told TenAsia over the phone that Lee’s character Ryu Tae-oh, a major character in the upcoming series named “Gap-dong-yi” [romanized Korean], will “hold the key to the drama’s twist.”

The official then added, “He has been analyzing his character with much passion ahead of filming the drama.”

The show, set to go on air on cable channel tvN starting next month, will also star actors Yoon Sang-hyun and Kim Min-jung.

Although he debuted as a member of his K-pop quartet, Lee has tested out his acting chops in several projects including Hollywood film “Ninja Assassin” and Korean film “Rough Play.”

Reporter. Bae Sun-young
Translator. Jessica Kim
Photographer. Gue Hye-jung

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

tumblr_n0rfj6UHVb1siqvhio1_500.jpg

Kim Ji Won, 17 Year Old Webtoon Writer

The cable tvN drama “Gap Dong” in which Kim Ji Won was cast in is a piece that has the Hwasung serial killing as a motif.  It has the fictitious city of Il Tan in the background and it shows the story of detectives who are following Gap Dong.  In the role of the detectives following Gap Dong, Yoon Sang Hyun, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon and Sung Dong Il were cast.

Kim Ji Won was proposed to play the role of Webtoon writer Mi Ji Woon in “Gap Dong”.  She is seventeen-years old and uses the celebrity name Matilda.  She writes the piece, “The Road of Animals” and is captive to the serial killer Gap Dong as she draws webtoons that will the key evidence to the murders.

"Gap Dong" is a collaboration between writer Kwon Eum Mi who wrote "Royal Family" and producer Jo Soo Won who directed "I Hear Your Voice" who had worked even before the broadcast.  It will be broadcast after "I Need a Romance 3" in March.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved.

tumblr.com/post

tvN, interesting premise that is not about romance and chaebol and other such typical topics, Yoon Sang Hyun and Sung Dong Il. Means I'm in. At least for the first 4 episodes, since that is always the trial period.

Archived