[Drama 2014] Gabdong - Memories of Murder / Gap Dong 갑동이

StaRix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG omo........

Cha Gap Dong has recruited two killers to do his killing for him. One of them just stabbed RTO. OMG he kept on stabbing RTO five times until he collapsed on the ground.

Oh Maria found RTO and hold him in her arms. He's bleeding a lot and dying. Wow first time I cried when a villain died. My poor Leejoon is dead!

alekaonu said:

OMG omo........

Cha Gap Dong has recruited two killers to do his killing for him. One of them just stabbed RTO. OMG he kept on stabbing RTO five times until he collapsed on the ground.

Oh Maria found RTO and hold him in her arms. He's bleeding a lot and dying. Wow first time I cried when a villain died. My poor Leejoon is dead!

I have known Kim Ji Won since To The Beautiful You, The Heirs and now Gab Dong. I know she is pretty but somehow in this drama, she looks even prettier. Maybe because this time her role is not the mean girl, so she looks gorgeous :x

Will look forward to her future projects, I'm gonna add her into my list of favourite Korean actress.

Guest assely

Ohh till the end i was hoping that RTO will stay alive,reinforce his life and be together with Ji Wul((( I didt understand what exactly he said in a cafe,but i guess he opened his heart to Ji Wull and started understand what normally people feel when they love.

Guest ravendark

Fist time I am crying in the finale episode of an thriller /crime drama. I think its because it was an awesome script, actors, directing and all others.. It was also a human drama in it well blended. For me this is definitely the best drama of all times. So sorry it ended but they ended beautifully. 
Specially its pity that comparing to some really typical kdramas got 200+ pages, this brilliant drama in every aspect get only 50. Then again it was a pleasure to be with ya all in this journey:D 

Really enjoyed watching this thriller. It makes one think. I am also with @ravendark can't understand why there are only 51 pages for such a good work of art. I can hardly wait until episode 20 is subbed. 

Guest HildaP

I think,my humble opinion,that most people don't like to watch this kind of drama. I love it,I loved Lee Joon character and really suffered with him as he was trying to understand himself and wanting to live. I was hoping they would find a way to help him but apparently he died. I have not seen episode 20 yet,waiting for it to be sub...but Im already getting myself ready to watch him die.

I hope lee Joon makes more drams,movies with a variety of characters. His face, his eyes, his expressions were DAEBAK! What a great actor.

Yes Im going to miss this drama a lot!

:((

It may be because psychology is my pet subject and I love reading about psychopathic traits, their origin, how they perceive the world etc., but for me, it was clearly a win. I was annoyed at Maria a bit in the middle, but well - there's this one thing that can redeem any character for me - being a good older sibling(like she was to Ji-wool).
The actors were amazing, the drama ending was so much better than what I speculated(after something like GG), and it was a fair, well researched and beautiful assessment of the psychology with almost all well rounded characters. They were all 3D, and it never trivialized the mental state of a victim.
Also, the female leads were really well written. They acted too noble sometimes, but you could always see the reason behind it. They weren't puppies following the male protagonist, but they held their own beliefs. Ji-wool totally acted like a teen would. I even like the female officer. She held her own ground. Scary tiger and others could have had more opportunities that were given to Mu Yeom, but that's trivial. Also - Ryu Tae Oh - I've never seen such a wonderful and deep characterization of a serial killer. He had his own dilemmas and the drama went into his mind, without making us pity him. That's one of the greatest strengths of this writer. OM, GD, MY, ST, RTO, all of them had their own traumas and were rightly not in a perfect mental state. I can really see that the writer meticulously wrote every single character and never skimmed over anyone. I've never seen this many well-rounded and complex, yet not far-fetched characters in a k-drama before.
It was exhausting, it kept me at the edge of my seat till the last few minutes, and it provided a fairly good analysis of what makes humans human, and the last few lines were deeply satisfying. What goes around, comes around - the ending seems to be written with that in mind.
I'd recommend it to everyone, since this goes in my most-well written dramas list. One of those rare, under-appreciated gems. Well done, production team!(Can someone recommend me some more dramas with such a focus on psychology?)

Gap-dong: Episode 20 (Final)by javabeans gapdong20-00266b.jpg

Here we are, at the end of the psychopath’s road. Mysteries (what’s left of them) are explained, our heroes come to an understanding of sorts, and hitherto unsolved investigations are closed. I would say all of our major plotlines are resolved, and characters receive a measure of closure.

As for justice—is that served? Hm, I wonder. I’ll let you all be the judge.

Full recap: Dramabeans

Before I forget , I have enjoyed this journey with you all, enjoyed reading your comments and speculations.
One question did GD die too or just lose an eye? The performers were excellent I enjoyed every minute of this ride. Perhaps others will find this gem later when searching for something different to watch.

Archived