[Drama 2014] Gabdong - Memories of Murder / Gap Dong 갑동이

StaRix

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading your comments I'll wait to the subs are out I'll save my comment til then will marathon the last 6 episodes..  Judging from what I read it's seems that Gap Dong had and perfect ending which is something rare in Kdrama land.. So will look forward to it..  

Guest HildaP

OMG...I haven't cried so hard over the death of a psychopath but TaeOh was different but I ask myself,if he had been a "not so handsome man" would I have felt the same? I wanted him to live but he realized at the end that he couldn't stop killing and allowed the stabbing to happen. I applaud the writers of the drama for that,he was human at the end after all. Im glad he died in Maria's arms, he cared for her in his own way and she cared for him.

I cried the hardest when they found his tomb and saw that no one has been there for him. Like in life,he had no one. So Im glad he didn't die alone. So many feelings this drama brought out in me,in us.So many questions. Are psycopaths born or made? I think they are made,damaged during their lives with lots of traumas. Who knows?

I want to thank everyone that posted in this blog,some of your posts were full of information and very insightful. May we meet again in another wonderful drama.

Guest ravendark

It may be because psychology is my pet subject and I love reading about psychopathic traits, their origin, how they perceive the world etc., but for me, it was clearly a win. I was annoyed at Maria a bit in the middle, but well - there's this one thing that can redeem any character for me - being a good older sibling(like she was to Ji-wool).

The actors were amazing, the drama ending was so much better than what I speculated(after something like GG), and it was a fair, well researched and beautiful assessment of the psychology with almost all well rounded characters. They were all 3D, and it never trivialized the mental state of a victim.

Also, the female leads were really well written. They acted too noble sometimes, but you could always see the reason behind it. They weren't puppies following the male protagonist, but they held their own beliefs. Ji-wool totally acted like a teen would. I even like the female officer. She held her own ground. Scary tiger and others could have had more opportunities that were given to Mu Yeom, but that's trivial. Also - Ryu Tae Oh - I've never seen such a wonderful and deep characterization of a serial killer. He had his own dilemmas and the drama went into his mind, without making us pity him. That's one of the greatest strengths of this writer. OM, GD, MY, ST, RTO, all of them had their own traumas and were rightly not in a perfect mental state. I can really see that the writer meticulously wrote every single character and never skimmed over anyone. I've never seen this many well-rounded and complex, yet not far-fetched characters in a k-drama before.

It was exhausting, it kept me at the edge of my seat till the last few minutes, and it provided a fairly good analysis of what makes humans human, and the last few lines were deeply satisfying. What goes around, comes around - the ending seems to be written with that in mind.

I'd recommend it to everyone, since this goes in my most-well written dramas list. One of those rare, under-appreciated gems. Well done, production team!
(Can someone recommend me some more dramas with such a focus on psychology?)

Well not psychology but if ask for well written one I say Ghost (phantom) as a crime Thriller.

If you have to choose between Gap Dong and Cheo Yong, choose this. I think my only complaint is this should have been shorter for a tighter story and I wasn't going to feel sorry for serial killers. But I thought the stories were interesting but I would have liked to know why Ryu Tae Oh was like he was; that remains a mystery even to the end. Family, wealth, nothing made him really happy. Maybe it was abject loneliness who knows! Overall, it was decent but too long.

Despite some ridiculous scenes, I like this 'quiet' psychological drama. There is no excessive screaming/ shouting or overreacting from the casts.I want to compliment Lee Joon acting as RTO and KJW as JIWool. Both of them acted well and 'actively' embraced and displayed their challenging characters very well.
YSH is truly an awesome actor as Ha MY in this drama. I like his character interaction with everyone esp with Monk. his 'wife' and Ji Wool. 
The finale episode is sad but perfect at the same time. One might feels the drama to be lengthy but the extra scenes are important for us to 'see' or 'read' into these psychopaths mind.

Guest foodhp

1403355106444.jpeg?type=w3
Most favourite behind the scenes picture... everrrr.
*spoilers*
I loved this drama so much and the cliffhangers at the end of every episode. The instrumental soundtrack was amazing and the end of the drama finale, how they built up the orchestral version of Time (by Every Single Day) to the origional pop/rock one made me fangirl so hard. I loved how this drama developed and how perfect the actors/actresses were for their roles. Especially to Lee Joon and Ji Won for their amazing jobs, since they are my OTP. I'm glad that they left a minor cliffhanger where the audience doesn't know the definite ending for Gap Dong.
The only think I disliked about this drama is rYU TAE OH'S DEATH LIKE HOW ABOUT NO. I WAS SMILING SO MUCH WHEN RYU TAE OH AND MA JI WOL WERE IN THE CAFE TOGETHER SMILING AND STUFF, I WAS SO READY FOR THEM TO DATE IN THE DRAMA BUT NOOOOO HE DIES. LIKE SERIOUSLY PRODUCERS, PLEASE MAKE SOME ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SEQUEL AND MAKE RYU TAE OH FALL IN LOVE WITH MA JI WOL. Honestly, even though they weren't destined for each other in the drama, they had chemistry.  
I've learned a lot from this drama like psychology and mental disorders. As well I've learned to not judge thriller/suspense dramas right off the bat. This is the first thriller drama I've watched and it's helped me become more open and accepting to others in the same genre. Amazing work to the producers, actors and actresses of this drama. Such an amazing drama and cast. :)

Guest ladymisono

I really loved this drama. A lot of suspense and great performances from the actor(Not only Lee Joon who was amazing of course but all the other actors that didn't have such a charismatic and intense character to play who also did a great job).And I think I'm the only who's almost relieved that Tae Oh died. Don't get me wrong. His character was amazing. So interesting and complex but even if I felt bad for him because of his family and the fact that he never really got the support and care that a person deserves, it didn't erased what he did to those poor women. If I remember correctly, the first one was a mother and even if she wasn't, she was someone daughter's just like the others and for that alone, I never really expected a redemption of some kind of second chance for Tae Oh. 
And I see that a lot of people ''ship'' Tae Oh and Ryu Tae together but I have do say that I never really was into this pairing. I can easily see what people love about them however. The actors had great chemistry and Ryu brought something really nice in Tae Oh, something almost pure. Me however, I was a fan of him and Doctor Maria. I never wanted them to get together of course, but I thought their interactions were so complex and interesting. Their ''relationship'' had many layers.
And I have to say that I'm very satisfied with the finale. When I started this drama, I was scared that I wouldn't get any closure since it was related to a real story but I was really pleased with the ending. 

Guest Bitter_Remon

Star Cast   [스타캐스트] "류태오는 멈췄을까요?"…이준, 최후의 24시

news here ---> link

164542566_1.jpg

164542709_2.jpg

164542808_3.jpg

164542950_4.jpg

164543078_5.jpg

164543175_6.JPG

164543257_7.jpg

164543359_8.jpg

164543456_9.jpg

164543661_11.jpg

164543759_12.jpg

164544255_13_%25BF%25F2%25C2%25A9.gif

164543862_13.jpg

164544410_14.jpg

164544514_15.jpg

165032275_16.jpg

164546710_17.gif

164546968_18.jpg

164547061_19.jpg

164547165_20.jpg

164547263_21.jpg

164547367_22.jpg

164547464_23.jpg

164547562_24.jpg

164547666_25.jpg

164547763_26.jpg

164547871_27.jpg

164548454_28.gif

165321575_555.jpg

164548828_30.jpg

165412838_%25A4%25A4%25A4%25B7%25A4%25A9

164549084_32.jpg

164549177_33.jpg

164549263_34.jpg

164549364_35.jpg

164549463_36.jpg

165724350_37.jpg

164551226_38.jpg

164551535_39.gif

164551685_40.jpg

164551785_41.jpg

164551877_42.jpg

164551965_43.jpg

164552063_44.jpg

164552162_45.jpg

164552272_46.jpg

164552379_47.jpg

164552485_48.jpg

164552680_50.JPG

164552759_51.JPG

글=이준
정리=김수지기자(Dispatch)

Guest Bitter_Remon

And finally the article traslated in english:

[sTARCAST] “Has Ryu Tae Oh stopped?”… Lee Joon, the final 24 hours http://me2.do/5CfdqAD5 Source : NAVER 스타캐스트

We can read the last answers of Ryu ... The article is written by Lee Joon

Although its hard to sympathize with Tae Oh for his evil deeds, however, towards the very end, I do feel sympathy for him. How cruel could his mother be to order someone to kill her son. How could she do it, especially she even make sure Tae Oh's stocks are transferred to her other son and herself. I am just wondering, who should be responsible to turn Tae Oh into a monster or beast? What mother in the world would kill her son twice, once by passing the pill for him to kill himself, which he took and saved himself from dying, and 2nd time, when she got a killer to finish him off.
While Gapdong was sympathetic to start with for killing his first victim, his girl friend's father, but ultimately he was the real beast who could not stop killing, and even when in prison, he was still not sorry for what he had done and remained a bully in prison, and still making use of others to do his evil deeds - and ultimately he is still the evil beast.

Archived