[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

africandramalover said: I've been doing my research in screenwriting and I think I understand why some of us were not too happy with the end. One writer defines the final step of a story as, (I've copy pasted) "Step 12: Complete (Return with the Elixir) When you watch the 100m Final at the Olympics, you don’t go home after the race is run. You stay for the medal ceremony. That’s what this sequence is all about. We’ve just witnessed some heroics at the climax; now we want to stick around to soak up those overwhelming emotions." I think we were slightly disillusioned with the final episode because we didn't get enough time to soak up the glory of the triumph over SeoHan and the fire of their unrestrained and unrestricted love. We knew the bad guys had been taken down, but after the scheming that happened along the way, we needed to see it. The ending was left up to us to decide whereas we would have preferred to revel in seeing OHWs victory. The best way could have been a reunion after 1.5 years, where we know for sure that she paid for her crime and now she's free and divorced and ready to play the piano and stumble around Sun Jae's apartment. ....or a better one in Gangnam. (And live on that stack of money that no one could trace) A Wife's Credentials had the perfect ending where the bad guys met their doom and we were left with no doubt that they'd been punished. I've never seen a better takedown! Maybe the writer didn't want to repeat the literal "type" of ending. ....dunno. What do y'all think?

Even just a stumbling kiss would have been enough. .... as she's led out of the court.....somewhere in the hallway as everyone looks at them...crazy korean business news paparazzi taking exclusive photos,.Ajummas sneering and clicking their tongues, the Han Clan embarrassed and angry, Piano teacher and Best friend cheering her on..... OHW with her handcuffs lifting her head to SJ.... SJ going at her with all the force of that stumbling kiss.....

I am in love with that stumbling kiss.

I want one.

telzey said: africandramalover said: I've been doing my research in screenwriting and I think I understand why some of us were not too happy with the end. One writer defines the final step of a story as, (I've copy pasted) "Step 12: Complete (Return with the Elixir) When you watch the 100m Final at the Olympics, you don’t go home after the race is run. You stay for the medal ceremony. That’s what this sequence is all about. We’ve just witnessed some heroics at the climax; now we want to stick around to soak up those overwhelming emotions." I think we were slightly disillusioned with the final episode because we didn't get enough time to soak up the glory of the triumph over SeoHan and the fire of their unrestrained and unrestricted love. We knew the bad guys had been taken down, but after the scheming that happened along the way, we needed to see it. The ending was left up to us to decide whereas we would have preferred to revel in seeing OHWs victory. The best way could have been a reunion after 1.5 years, where we know for sure that she paid for her crime and now she's free and divorced and ready to play the piano and stumble around Sun Jae's apartment. ....or a better one in Gangnam. (And live on that stack of money that no one could trace) A Wife's Credentials had the perfect ending where the bad guys met their doom and we were left with no doubt that they'd been punished. I've never seen a better takedown! Maybe the writer didn't want to repeat the literal "type" of ending. ....dunno. What do y'all think?

@gretac‌, I was fine with how realistic the ending was...... but I needed OHW to stick it to the bad guys. Something that says, "Look at me!! I got myself a guy who knows how to love, I'm the small fox that outsmarted y'all and I'm finally free"..... something like that. Even if not a time jump, public acknowledgement in front of everyone at the courthouse would have been a sight to sizzle in :-D

Then we would be more convinced that they were going to meet when she got out of jail. I'm sure the argument of 10 yrs vs 1.5 would not have been so "violent".

Secret Love Affair is mentioned in Healing Camp yesterday >> source

[NEWS 141216] Actress Jung Hye Young Picks Yoo Ah In Over Her Husband Sean.

Brief translations by Admin007/Yoo Ah In International Fans Community http://facebook.com/YAISikSeekers

Jung Hye Young, "I like Kim Woo Bin and Yoo Ah In better than Sean".

On the 15th December broadcast of SBS "Healing Camp", actress Jung Hye Young was invited to guest with her husband Sean, a member of hip-hop duo Jinusean from YG Family.

When MC Sung Yuri asked Sean, "What will you do if Jung Hye Young comes with a passion mellow drama work like Secret Love Affair?" Sean looked embarrassed and said, "Hye Young will do it well, I believe."

Jung Hye Young said, "I want to work with Kim Woo Bin or Yoo Ah In. I like them."

MC asked, "So you like Kim Woo Bin and Yoo Ah In more than Sean?" in which Jung Hye Young replied without hesitation, "It's natural. They're cooler than my husband". Her answer made Sean envy and all staff laughed.

SLA earns 4 stars out of 5 by by two drama critics in "Naver Journalist Awards" [source]

Go Seung Hee = melodramatic tone blooms on the ugly desire ★★★★

Jung Jin Young = pulls the material into art, the acting and the power of directing
propel the drama ★★★★

'Secret Love Affair' was a masterpiece drama which makes a persuasive material out of infidelity. The power of directing and acting have kept the audience even watching the taboo beautiful scenes. In addition, 'Secret Love Affair' is counted as one of the "best lines" dramas of this year with its most famous line "This is a top praise" which caught viewers attention.

'Secret Love Affair' is a work that represents a breakthrough in the most striking phenomenon from a cable channel. On the 50th Baek Sang Arts Awards it was awarded Best Director in a TV drama and Best Screenplay in a TV drama, which everyone agrees that they deserve it.

[translated by YAI International Fans Community FB]