[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

SLA bagged 3 awards at APAN

Writer Jung Sung Joo took home the Best Writer award for “Secret Affair
Kim Hee Ae, lead actress of “Secret Affair,” took home the Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Female)
Kim Hye Eun of the same drama took home the award for Best Supporting Actress
Yoo Ah In waeeee?
:(

Guest cincinc

lisafransisca said: SLA bagged 3 awards at APAN

Writer Jung Sung Joo took home the Best Writer award for “Secret Affair
Kim Hee Ae, lead actress of “Secret Affair,” took home the Top Excellence Award for Acting in a Medium Length Drama (Female)
Kim Hye Eun of the same drama took home the award for Best Supporting Actress
Yoo Ah In waeeee?
:(

Hello, all! I've been out of commission for awhile, and, look, I missed a rare and welcome reappearance by @ktomato ! :x
and new community member @africandramalover - a belated welcome to you with your humorous, insightful, and awesome comments!  >:D<
and @dualnon's daebak illustrated version of @telzey 's already-awesome Changing Faces of YAI; new renditions of SLA music; and polishing up the Ep 1-2 script translation edits - awesome job and kudos to @dualnon for her persistence at seeing it "to the end"! and Arirang adding the blog, woo-hoo! <:-P
and @shamrockmom 's reminding us not to forget Paderewski, and her most-awesome follow-up letter to the assistant prosecutor via SLA/Spring Day/City Hunter mashup! =D>
and @lisafransisca 's dependably keeping us up-to-date with news flashes of all things SLA-, YAI-, and KHA-related. :-bd 
and @mdj101 pointing us in new directions for relevant creative and philosophical explorations ^:)^
and the last livechat rewatch that I missed :(( , but with great comments then and subsequently by all of the above plus @ailskdrama & @galpianist & anyone I missed & possible new interviews via @jadecloud & @NiN \:D/
and... and... and...
Look how busy you all have been! :bz
I love the creativity of this SLA network! and I've missed you-all :)

Thanks @gretac‌ !!

As a side note, I'm watching shining inheritance (I won't even bother capitalising the title) and I'm just about to throw in the towel at episode 3.....so many tropes!! 6hr amnesia, bad hair on the male lead, nosebleed from working hard....... SLA ruined me!!

Maybe you would like to watch Misaeng

Source: YAI International FB

Documentary Special: Yoo Ah In, "If It Was Not Kim Hee Ae, Secret Love Affair's Fate Would Have Been Different".

On the 24th November MBC aired a "Documentary Special - Expressive Actress Kim Hee Ae" Part 1. In this program Yoo Ah In appeared to talk about his impression on Kim Hee Ae, having played together in drama Secret Love Affair.

Actor Yoo Ah In said, "If it was not Kim Hee Ae, the fate of Secret Love Affair would have been different. She has a perfect acting and fit for that role. It was a perfect idea to cast her there. She has the most natural acting."

In this drama Kim Hee Ae played a 40 years old Art Foundation Planning Manager Oh Hye Won who fell in love with a 20 years old genius pianist played by Yoo Ah In. The drama received a lot of love during its broadcast and was popular at the time.

Kim Hee Ae also mentioned Secret Love Affair by saying, "It could have turned to embarrass one, because I have a family and children, but it turned out really well and we had fun." 

"If It Was Not Kim Hee Ae, Secret Love Affair's Fate Would Have Been Different".

I honestly cannot think of anyone else who could have played the part of SJ and OHW.... my drama addicted cousin and I and a new Korean friend were going thru a list of actors who could replace YAI and came up blank. Our resident pretty boys, the alien and Lee Min Ho honestly just don't have that depth.

On the actresses side, there's a bit of hope......I bet Kim Sun A woulda pulled it off. But Kim Hee Ae was just perfect! !!

I've been doing my research in screenwriting and I think I understand why some of us were not too happy with the end. One writer defines the final step of a story as, (I've copy pasted)

"Step 12: Complete (Return with the Elixir)

When you watch the 100m Final at the Olympics, you don’t go home after the race is run. You stay for the medal ceremony. That’s what this sequence is all about. We’ve just witnessed some heroics at the climax; now we want to stick around to soak up those overwhelming emotions."

I think we were slightly disillusioned with the final episode because we didn't get enough time to soak up the glory of the triumph over SeoHan and the fire of their unrestrained and unrestricted love. We knew the bad guys had been taken down, but after the scheming that happened along the way, we needed to see it.

The ending was left up to us to decide whereas we would have preferred to revel in seeing OHWs victory. The best way could have been a reunion after 1.5 years, where we know for sure that she paid for her crime and now she's free and divorced and ready to play the piano and stumble around Sun Jae's apartment. ....or a better one in Gangnam. (And live on that stack of money that no one could trace)

A Wife's Credentials had the perfect ending where the bad guys met their doom and we were left with no doubt that they'd been punished. I've never seen a better takedown! Maybe the writer didn't want to repeat the literal "type" of ending. ....dunno.

What do y'all think?

gretac said: Hello, all! I've been out of commission for awhile, and, look, I missed a rare and welcome reappearance by @ktomato ! :x
and new community member @africandramalover - a belated welcome to you with your humorous, insightful, and awesome comments!  >:D<
and @dualnon's daebak illustrated version of @telzey 's already-awesome Changing Faces of YAI; new renditions of SLA music; and polishing up the Ep 1-2 script translation edits - awesome job and kudos to @dualnon for her persistence at seeing it "to the end"! and Arirang adding the blog, woo-hoo! <:-P
and @shamrockmom 's reminding us not to forget Paderewski, and her most-awesome follow-up letter to the assistant prosecutor via SLA/Spring Day/City Hunter mashup! =D>
and @lisafransisca 's dependably keeping us up-to-date with news flashes of all things SLA-, YAI-, and KHA-related. :-bd 
and @mdj101 pointing us in new directions for relevant creative and philosophical explorations ^:)^
and the last livechat rewatch that I missed :(( , but with great comments then and subsequently by all of the above plus @ailskdrama & @galpianist & anyone I missed & possible new interviews via @jadecloud & @NiN \:D/
and... and... and...
Look how busy you all have been! :bz
I love the creativity of this SLA network! and I've missed you-all :)