[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

@eunsuhae @africandramalover It's broadcast on cable, so the viewerships must be different from those of national/major broadcasts. I don't know about the ratings for SLA in this channel (Eigeki) but my Japan friend told me if they rerun a drama, it means many viewers love to watch it again :)

Guest istymcm

Im glad i found this forum..im so into thi drama. Just finished watching this and my heart was thorn apart. I was just hoping there is a book 2 of this drama. They can atleast have a storyline to convey how the 2 characters go on with their relationship.the ending was artistically beautiful. Its just hanging for me.

Copycat alert: Episode 1 of My Heart Twinkle Twinkle... about 44 minutes in, listen for a solo rendition of the Rachmaninov variations..from a pianist who didn't have Hye Won as a teacher. Consider yourselves warned... it's brutal.

. Do not waste 44 minutes of your life watching the rest of the episode like I did

Guest istymcm

@istymcm‌ ...... I wish I could go back and experience what I felt the first time I watched SLA...... savour that feeling. This is the best drama we'll see in a while.

Well i need to keep this drama off my head first...its so heartbreaking...i really hope they could continue this drama. I wish they could show that sun jae become famous and rich and that hye won gets out of prison.

"Well i need to keep this drama off my head first...its so heartbreaking...i really hope they could continue this drama. I wish they could show that sun jae become famous and rich and that hye won gets out of prison.

@istymcm‌ ...... GRRLLL I FEEL YOU!!! You will need to rewatch it with a pen and notepad..... things are thick! ! The withdrawal pains are so strong!!

Guest istymcm

@lisafransis @africandramalover you guys could check out a japanese drama made year 1999. You can check it in youtube. Its named majo no jouken. I know sla was adapted from tokyo tower..but if u guys check out that jap drama its almost same as sla.

@lisafransis @africandramalover you guys could check out a japanese drama made year 1999. You can check it in youtube. Its named majo no jouken. I know sla was adapted from tokyo tower..but if u guys check out that jap drama its almost same as sla.

I did watch it.... man!!! That relationship is not for the weak hearted. No sir-ee!!

I see a Japanese movie from 2005 named Tokyo Tower that sounds alot like SLA. Is that the movie version of 1999 drama?

Secret Love Affair is the one based on Tokyo Tower. Loosely based. And I use the word loosely in the loosest way possible because they took Tokyo Tower and completely owned IT. ( e.g the "talking over sex" idea when OHW and LSJ first make love)

I also noticed some of Majo no jouken in SLA... they may have borrowed one or two things from majo....

Guest chajoowon

I know SLA is the remake and I wanted to know if Tokyo Tower was as interesting, mature take on the trouble they face. SLA had always the real down to earth feel, Indy film vibe I get from the better Japanese dramas.

SLA is easily the best Korean drama of 2014 for me. I was like many other rom com drama fans who was worried about the affair part. But the writing,story, acting was great like the first time I saw the best Korean films that from early 2000s. I cant compare it to fun but light rom,action dramas of the other networks.

I'm extra proud, impressed by the creators that they owned, made the story their own.

@chajoowon‌ , Apart from the idea of a younger man with an older woman, and the type of shots, there's not much similarity in the plot. No wonder the PDNim had said he was doubtful that Tokyo tower could provide enough material for a drama. The affair is the only plot line in the movie. SLA added classical music to the plot.

That's why I am saying that they took Tokyo tower and owned it. What the writer did is beyond incredible!! The romance sizzled 5 million times more and they added the corruption plot line and a morally flawed female lead to produce Korea's best ever drama. I sweat just thinking about it.

However, being a lover of noona love lines, I didn't mind Tokyo tower. Gooooo Noonas!!! That scene when the couple sneak off to watch to watch the Tokyo Tower light up for the new year and interlace their hands and lean towards one another and stare at the tower......AIGOO!!!

P.S...... I had the urge to rewatch the passionate garage kiss scene from episode 3.....when OHW drops her bag and her knees buckle under the force of LSJ's lips..... now there's a trope that is well done!!!

P.P.S... the writer and PD may have a thing for Japanese dramas and novels.....the PD also did an adaptation of another Japanese novel in 2007 called White Tower....or they just have a thing for towers....or the word Tower just gets their creative juices flowing.....

I'm back, dear chingus! Just passing by to say hi - first time on soompi after a looooong break. I'm happy to see that this thread is still alive and moving. I'm also happy to see some new members and all the old members. ktomato, glad to see you are still here and not been eaten by the caterpillar! The wriggly beasty is doing well, I assure you.

Guest chajoowon

@‌africandramalover

The director was smart because the affair was enough for the film but nother enough material for a drama.

I saw the film and it was decent noona romance. The older woman was pretty cold to him, treating him like a mistress to hide, call when you have time. Didn't feel like it was a love that was so desperate, changed her life for the better like it did for OHW in SLA.

I liked the houswife better, she should have had happy ending with her young lover.

I have so much respect for the team of SLA and I hope their other affair drama KHA is half as good. I have heard nothing but high praise for End of the World drama too.

@‌africandramalover

I have so much respect for the team of SLA and I hope their other affair drama KHA is half as good. I have heard nothing but high praise for End of the World drama too.

You should watch A Wife's Credentials. ....if you haven't. same team that did SLA...and a big chunk of the cast too. Awesome drama.

I'll check out End of the world too.

By the way, I notice there's an african drama fan here. Nice to meet you! Can you tell me if there are any african series which you can recommend - I am curious to see what they are like.

Hmmmm...are there any online? I wonder.I 'll check and revert.

Guest istymcm

I see a Japanese movie from 2005 named Tokyo Tower that sounds alot like SLA. Is that the movie version of 1999 drama?

@chajoowon i believe it is. If you have watched tokyo tower..the woman there is also casted as the mother in that jap series called majo no jouken.