[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

Hello dear friends I watched Ep 2 which is amazing I love it  :)) =)) SJH using DC Shock of ER hahahaha I love it , Actually I am intern so I feel like them when the patient come to ER and watching  without doing nothing until the Resident Doctor  come and shout at us  they  called us white coated carrier .
I am Waiting EP3 :)
But I wonder CJH' mother what are you doing  :-O  again in three dramas you put your venom ,Kill this woman right now 
>:P

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! As much as I love the previews I absolutely HATE  the song they keep using. That nasty, misogynistic, rape-glorifying piece of filth should be burned, preferably at the same as its artist. It makes my skin crawl with revulsion, and really spoils the mood of the drama for me when I have to hear  it.

stuartjmz said: Damn! As much as I love the previews I absolutely HATE  the song they keep using. That nasty, misogynistic, rape-glorifying piece of filth should be burned, preferably at the same as its artist. It makes my skin crawl with revulsion, and really spoils the mood of the drama for me when I have to hear  it.

victorb said:
stuartjmz said: Damn! As much as I love the previews I absolutely HATE  the song they keep using. That nasty, misogynistic, rape-glorifying piece of filth should be burned, preferably at the same as its artist. It makes my skin crawl with revulsion, and really spoils the mood of the drama for me when I have to hear  it.

LavelyShai said: stuartjmz said: Damn! As much as I love the previews I absolutely HATE  the song they keep using. That nasty, misogynistic, rape-glorifying piece of filth should be burned, preferably at the same as its artist. It makes my skin crawl with revulsion, and really spoils the mood of the drama for me when I have to hear  it.

I'm still waiting to find anything likable about the character of the ex-husband.  :-S I know that it's coming, but the formula always seems to have the the guy behaving like a jerk until his real character is ultimately revealed. This has been the case also with nearly every drama that I've seen Lee Pilmo (the resident doctor) in,  but, as his acting is always a cut above most, and I'm certain that the arrival of his lady (Choi Yeo-jin) will bring out his soft side shortly, I'm willing to live with his current brand of "discipline" regarding his charges.  :-w
My favorite scenes from episode two were (and I know that we are going to have problems with her, later) were when the ex-mil was getting her beauty treatment and quickly pulled rank on her two friends by playing the "I made you, and I can break you!"  >:) card to stop their tongues from wagging, and when our plucky little heroine doused her ex with the bag of urine in the broom closet.  =)) It's one thing for the other interns to gang up on her without her knowing her, but another thing entirely for him bully her while claiming the hospital as HIS territory. As I haven't been able to reach through the screen and throttle these less-than-chivalrous cads for their transgressions, I applauded her for drawing her own line in the sand.  [-X
Now that she's become his "knight in shining armor" (saving his life while giving him a good jolt of electricity too!  :)) )  I hope that he'll begin to rethink just how special a person that she is... :)

@robbo4 "I'm still waiting to find anything likable about the character of the ex-husband.   I know that it's coming, but the formula always seems to have the the guy behaving like a jerk until his real character is ultimately revealed."

I very much agree with this. It's the one weakness I see in the drama so far - even by first lead standards his treatment of her has been awful. It really IS a trope of K Drama, but one that we've seen challenged often in recent years, in dramas ranging from Sungkyunkwan Scandal to QIHM to IHYV and Answer Me 1997. I'm disappointed with his depiction as a completely stock standard bully-boy first lead, but one thing about that is that strengthened the impression I got from Episode 2, which is that it's Song Ji Hyo's character who is the primary lead. It's HER story, I think, and so far at any rate, we don't see any signs of that craven "I love me a bad boy" nonsense from her character. 

stuartjmz said:
I very much agree with this. It's the one weakness I see in the drama so far - even by first lead standards his treatment of her has been awful. It really IS a trope of K Drama, but one that we've seen challenged often in recent years, in dramas ranging from Sungkyunkwan Scandal to QIHM to IHYV and Answer Me 1997. I'm disappointed with his depiction as a completely stock standard bully-boy first lead, but one thing about that is that strengthened the impression I got from Episode 2, which is that it's Song Ji Hyo's character who is the primary lead. It's HER story, I think, and so far at any rate, we don't see any signs of that craven "I love me a bad boy" nonsense from her character. 

I think SJH when she draw the venous blood rather than arterial blood , the Resident doctor shout at  her bcz of that  :-B I think our doctor said the both can give the same result although  the arterial is the best but painful & difficult to obtain so some doctors use the venous sometimes .I don't think the girl deserve these amounts of shouts  [-(

Yes, @victorb definitely a bully. Every conversation we've seen has shown him abusing her - the worst was his rant before the big fight at the end of their marriage. I'm calling this a weakness of the drama because it's not the normal "I hate you, oh wait, now I love you" K Drama story. We're being told the story of two peple who were in love and fell out of it. It's a twenty episode drama and two episodes in, we've been given not one single clue why SJH's character would have chosen to be with a man who has never yet been shown saying a single thing that even reaches the level of basic courtesy to strangers. That's a problem with the balance and the pacing, for me.  I spent thirty odd years of my life using my tongue as a weapon the way he does, and having left that behind several years ago, I cringe whenever I see myself on screen like that. 

victorb said: stuartjmz said:

Where I have a real problem (as she's already proven that she can handle her ex'x abuse ;) ) is when he allows her to become the target of abuse behind her back.  X( She's done nothing to deserve any of those chicken heads to pretend they have any moral or professional high ground on her.  [-( When that doughboy came running out of the restroom zipping up his fly (I certainly hope that there are plenty of wash stations on the way before he's asked to handle anything in the hospital!  :-&) I nearly yelled, "Cut! Take two..." into the screen. So she's a few short year's older than the others (other than the hubby who seemed like he wanted to defend her here, but, like a coward, held back   8-|) does this make her any less of a prospective doctor? Each of them earned his, or her preliminary position at the hospital. Who are these rookies to become so judgmental after one day on the job? Only Clara's character approached her with any upfront constructive criticism. It's one thing to be a clod and a backstabber. It's another thing to be a coward. I know that he'll step up eventually, but as of yet, he's been a big disappointment.  :-??

I think I need to expand on my comments about CM's character. My problem is that he simply CAN'T be as bad as he's been shown so far, or they never would have got together. Divorces are almost NEVER the fault of one person, yet so far, we've only seen  his flaws, and in a very extreme light. The big breakup (literally) fight was triggered by his abusing her after she had tried to make an effort by cooking for him That showed her as trying to save the marriage, him as a heartless bully. She's clearly not a stupid woman, she wouldn't have married someone who was only like that. I would have liked at least one or two flashbacks already showing us the CM she fell in love with. We need such scenes, just as we need scenes showing us HER faults, and her contribution to the breakup. 

stuartjmz said: Yes, @victorb definitely a bully. Every conversation we've seen has shown him abusing her - the worst was his rant before the big fight at the end of their marriage. I'm calling this a weakness of the drama because it's not the normal "I hate you, oh wait, now I love you" K Drama story. We're being told the story of two peple who were in love and fell out of it. It's a twenty episode drama and two episodes in, we've been given not one single clue why SJH's character would have chosen to be with a man who has never yet been shown saying a single thing that even reaches the level of basic courtesy to strangers. That's a problem with the balance and the pacing, for me.  I spent thirty odd years of my life using my tongue as a weapon the way he does, and having left that behind several years ago, I cringe whenever I see myself on screen like that. 

victorb said: stuartjmz said: Yes, @victorb definitely a bully. Every conversation we've seen has shown him abusing her - the worst was his rant before the big fight at the end of their marriage. I'm calling this a weakness of the drama because it's not the normal "I hate you, oh wait, now I love you" K Drama story. We're being told the story of two peple who were in love and fell out of it. It's a twenty episode drama and two episodes in, we've been given not one single clue why SJH's character would have chosen to be with a man who has never yet been shown saying a single thing that even reaches the level of basic courtesy to strangers. That's a problem with the balance and the pacing, for me.  I spent thirty odd years of my life using my tongue as a weapon the way he does, and having left that behind several years ago, I cringe whenever I see myself on screen like that. 

The thing is, they are using humor as an excuse for his bad and mean behavior. While humor can be a good way to convey some touchy issues, it is in no way a solution to absolve one's behavior. I'm sure both parties are to blame for the failure of their marriage; however it doesn't excuse Chang Min for being a total jerk to her. I'm sure there's a deeper story behind why is behaving that way, I'm sure deep down he must have been hurt by whatever Jin Hee did to him, but it doesn't excuse his actions.
The way the drama's producers are showing the character right now, is by trying to convince us that he can't be all that bad since he's the subject of all the gags Jin Hee is putting on him (throwing urine, using electric cardiac shock etc). It's like they're trying to say, "it's okay for him to mock her and nag her since it's so funny".
Jin Hee doesn't behave the same way; she simply reacts to his constant downgrading remarks. And as a result, she passes herself off as a weak woman, always having bad luck, being teased and looked down by her superior and co-workers, when in fact she has a lot more to sell. 
While Chang Min's character is very straightforward, Jin Hee remains a mystery. And I think that's what interesting about the show. But no matter how funny the slapstick comedy is, it in no way excuses Chang Min's unpleasant remarks. 

Archived