[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This poignant scene gave me goosebumps. IMO, Jin-Hee wanted to become a doctor just to prove that she could that's why she couldn't reply to the question "Why you want to become a doctor?" which is probably one of the most important reasons for a person who has chosen this path. That's because the why will keep you going when the going gets tough. In the scene, she just realised the "situation" she's really in. I think she'll have her comeback soon and will discover her latent talent. Fighting Jin-Hee!

EP2JH_zpsed70e755.gif?t=1390714595http: 

@boohaThanks again for the translation ching^^
@eccentyeah, same to u, one of my favourite scene. Maybe for beginning, she want be a doctor, just to prove to chang min's family that she can be a doctor too like OCM. After, the head chief ask her why she become a doctor and then she looked the ER situation. Maybe she just realized, she want be a "real" doctor

Guest roshan90

1st episode was Like for Me
2nd episode made me Love.

Watching with subs makes so much sense than when I watched it raw.. There were so many subtle scenes that were well done (for example: when Jin Hee was getting scolded, Chang Min made everyone else go and he himself eavesdropped.. When Jin Hee knelt before the Chief There was a slight change of expression from CJH. So Well Done).. I laughed more in the 2nd episode.. (that is always a good thing for me)

HSPcR78.jpg
5GNRG51.jpg

:))

my fave scenes from Episodes 1 &2 so far:
when our main leads got married, and HOW they got married
of course, all the tension and bickering btw our main leads
when the ER chief gets flustered because of our female lead like when she suddenly appears before him or even touches him (a slap on the face, a curse to the face, an almost pulldown of his scrub pants) LOL forever! :)) Despite poor 1st impressions of JH, I'm so glad that JH impresses the ER chief later on with her medical knowledge & skills w/o him asking her a lot or w/o him telling her what to do b/c she clearly knows. I can't wait when the ER chief falls for JH (hopefully he does!) and makes CM jealous and makes CM appreciate the reasons that he fell in love with her in the 1st place.  

So we got things going with life as an ER intern and we even got a few subtle hints that JH and CM aren't completely over each other - the locker scene and CM watching somewhat sad as JH gets grilled by the head Doc. We even had a medical comedy classic with the whole urine bag bit, I have to say I saw that one coming when CM grabbed her in the hallway and it still looked funny :)).
  A few things bugged me, nothing big but just things that come up in medical Kdramas : Why does the dr. doing the teaching have to yell and belittle the interns who are there to learn? And sexy lady dr. or not if some strange woman suddenly grabs a scalpel and tries to cut open my patient I would deck her no questions asked, even if she did a great job it still is way wrong that the two just stood there doing nothing without knowing anything about her - anyway that's just me being picky about Kdrama medicine :D
  All in all a good solid start for the story and although not perfect so far the series is worth the watch and has a lot of promise :).

P.S. Some of the previous posts already mentioned this but the slow motion ER scene was the highlight of the ep, good job from the director right there  :-bd

victorb said:  A few things bugged me, nothing big but just things that come up in medical Kdramas : Why does the dr. doing the teaching have to yell and belittle the interns who are there to learn? 

I want to know why they were being chased at the beginning does anyone know why? Was it his family that were against it and were stopping them or did one of them got into some trouble with gangsters? Lol

I think it from OH CHANG MIN's side. Knowing he came from a very high class family of doctors and it was stated that the mother doesnt approve of JIN HEE. It's like "You and me against the world" love affair.

stuartjmz said:
I agree entirely about the abuse, it makes me uncomfortable to see and hear, but I'm wondering if it's a trope grounded in reality. The whole society is so rigidly focused on age and hierarchy that such behaviour seem entirely credible to me, especially when you throw in the "I was on the receiving end once, now I get to dish it out" mentality. Exactly the same "instruction by abuse" technique is also on display in I Need Romance 3, with Yoo Jun abusing Hee Jae in precisely the same manner that her sunbae did to her. I am inclined to give Dramaland a pass on this and believe that it's actually reflecting the society it's in.

Guest Melvin Nanang

(Kdrama star Article) ‘Emergency Couple’ Choi Jin Hyuk & Song Ji Hyo’s Chemistry http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14794/20140125/emergency-couple-choi-jin-hyuk-song-ji-hyo-s-chemistry.htm

Guest Melvin Nanang

(Kdrama Star Article) ‘Emergency Song Ji Hyo Makes Choi Jin Hyuk Pass Out http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14793/20140125/emergency-song-ji-hyo-makes-choi-jin-hyuk-pass-out.htm

@iloveporkandbeans Totally agreed! It started off as "You and me against the world" love affair then turned into "The world and even you against me" affair and it ended in both of them leaving the affair in bitter resentment. 

Like previous post by @anjshin saying that hate is a mask they each wore to protect their own feelings and their fear of further disappointment. Their fear was what broke them apart along with no proper communication. That's what you get when "immaturity" is already in the equation.

Watched the first two episodes and im liking it so far, the set up of the story seems good and there are a lot possible conflicts for them to tackle on. I hope they will tackle on "patient dying or really sick then doctors can empathize and reflect on their life" kind of scenario. Also, i love the fact that oh chang min is still immature and oh jinhee not knowing what's her purpose in life, this will give us a better journey on the development if their characters (lets hope that their character would actually develop).

Though im quite intrigued with the ER chief and why he is that cold -- there's a reason for this and i'm thinking the reason is a woman (typical reason in kdramaland but they can surprise me?)

All actors seen to be doing a great job on their roles and i look forward to more laughs and a lot of heart on the side!

This show seems really fun and exciting, the tension and suspense is there and of course didn't expect the first two episode to quite hilarious and fun. I really liked the interaction btw Jin-hee and Chang Min. But I feel that the chemistry between Jin-hee and the head of dr (ER) was more compared to the main OTP of the show. IMO. 

This show seems really fun and exciting, the tension and suspense is there and of course didn't expect the first two episode to quite hilarious and fun. I really liked the interaction btw Jin-hee and Chang Min. But I feel that the chemistry between Jin-hee and the head of dr (ER) was more compared to the main OTP of the show. IMO. 

@xxsockspuppetxx youre not the only one who thinks that jinhee and er chief's chemistry can be more felt. Maybe the way he looked at jinhee, like how she surprises him by knowing things here and there. I think if changmin will look at jinhee in an "affectionionate" way then maybe we can compare which has the better chemistry. Hihi.

Re the chemistry issue - the whole point is that they're not supposed to have any obvious attraction at present, just the opposite. Which is why I like the subtle markers we've had. JH's tells were more obvious, the look on her face as she touched her lips after he'd covered it with his hands, but they were there in CM as well - a couple of times it was clear that he was hurt for her on hearing the chief and others berate her exactly the way he does. This was all at exactly the right level for a couple who do have feelings for each other, but do not think of themselves being still attracted to each other.  If the OTP showed clear romantic chemistry at this stage of the drama, I'd say it was undermining the central plot, the journey from hate back to love. Likewise, the apparently better chemistry with the second lead follows the tradition of time immemorial. It's only if there's no chemistry when there should be that I will worry. 

Archived