[Drama 2014] Emergency Man and Woman / Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (JH + JH's interview on p627)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_n0278sUaDV1r2tl2zo1_250.gif  tumblr_n0278sUaDV1r2tl2zo2_250.gif
tumblr_n0278sUaDV1r2tl2zo3_250.gif  tumblr_n0278sUaDV1r2tl2zo4_250.gif
"Is it because I graduated from a no-name school? I have bad grades, I’m old. When everyone else studied for six years, I only studied for 4 years..Do I really have no right, no talent or no attitude to become a doctor? There is no way I can quit. I’ve lived like a student for the past six years and now I finally found my life."cr:in-love-with-kdramas-kpop

Guest anjshin

Rewatching.

I think JH has anxiety attack coz by stress. She's having a hard time breathing everytime something stressful happens. And being seperated from CM for 6 years healed it on its own. She didn't even flinch when she heard from CM about his mom. She even handed him a bag of pee... On his face. :D

amen to this, exactly my dear. :) she had dealt well to surpassed her own stressor in her past, and i guess indeed a good prognosis for her for an effective coping mechanism she had established. ^____^

my thought on ep2

JH has changed a lot from the past 6 years. Previously she was a lot calmer (well until the husband cut the doggy cloth). Now not only she fought back with the husband with equally foul language but to stand up to the ER chief. I think she made a subconcious desicion to become a doctor when she was studying to be dietitian. She was probably been talk down a lot by her mother in law (In ep1 personally called her cell phone just to make her cry). She pretty much followed the tougher path spend more time in school and failed intern test 3 times.

To me CM led a much easier life, he mended the relationship with the mother and pretty much continue where he left of in life before he got married. When CM mother came to visit and he hid JH in the closet, he either trying to protect JH from getting further humiliation by the mother or he emberassed that JH now on the same level as he is. I think it was the latter.

BTW CM and JH is equally old in term of still intern even at their 30s but people dont treat CM different. This is either sexist or JH bad first impression.

Guest caffe1nef1end

Loving this drama so far.CJH plays the immature jerk-of-an-ex husband so well I find myself hating him a bit. Hope the writers don't make JH play the damsel-in-distress or the divorcee-too-hung-up-on-her-ex too much, and keep her spunk.

Guest aria1993

i think JH loves CM bcuz of her behavior when the gun pointed at CM head she saved him bcuz she's afraid that he maybe wil gonna die and from the preview when he asked her why she did that she said that he pointed a gun in his head and he might die or maybe it's a tricky preview

Guest august101

kihi said: my thought on ep2

JH has changed a lot from the past 6 years. Previously she was a lot calmer (well until the husband cut the doggy cloth). Now not only she fought back with the husband with equally foul language but to stand up to the ER chief. I think she made a subconcious desicion to become a doctor when she was studying to be dietitian. She was probably been talk down a lot by her mother in law (In ep1 personally called her cell phone just to make her cry). She pretty much followed the tougher path spend more time in school and failed intern test 3 times.

To me CM led a much easier life, he mended the relationship with the mother and pretty much continue where he left of in life before he got married. When CM mother came to visit and he hid JH in the closet, he either trying to protect JH from getting further humiliation by the mother or he emberassed that JH now on the same level as he is. I think it was the latter.

BTW CM and JH is equally old in term of still intern even at their 30s but people dont treat CM different. This is either sexist or JH bad first impression.

Hello ER chingue   Finally ER 2eps aired then 2 recaps came out. ER started with medical and rom-com. Then during the press conference, PDnim clarified ERMW was a ROM-COM romance and the ER medical aspect was going to be a mere background. The main theme of ERMW was about the divorced couple’s romance. The divorce happens usually from two things: miscommunication and misunderstanding. Actually these two can apply to any kind of relationship like friends, siblings, parents etc etc. and there is always a certain amount of bickering happening in a relationship. The bickering most of the time starts with a trivial thing like finding your pet fish expired. As long as there’s no rumbling volcano underneath, the couple’s relationship would survive from this kind of fight otherwise it can bring down the relationship as it happened to OHOH. During their final fight scene, they both acted very petty. This drama gave them a second chance. They are going to be tested in ER and they will relearn, grow up and finally mature individually and professionally.

Oh Chang Min chose to be a doctor because it was expected from his family.
Oh Jin Hee chose to be a doctor because it was a form of revenge to the in-law family.
At the end they will find whether being doctor is the right thing for each.

ERMW is about OHOH having a second chance. I don’t mind seeing a few flash back scenes of their past dates but I would prefer the drama shows their second journey. Besides I thought their first part of wedding and divorce was done very nicely in a given compact space. The close up of SJH with teary eyes and CJH with a tender deep expression saying, ‘I’m sorry. Thank you’ was the summation of their love. I especially liked the kissing scene and the final crashing of the wedding photo. About the kissing scene, I have to give credit to PDnim. CJH is much taller than SJH. If CJH kissed her in a normal way, it would look a bit silly. Watching the making of the kiss scene, it was made through much much work done by PDnim and others.

Note: I read a lot of sympathy and name calling. It seems like SJH and CJH did a good job.
It was funny about the name calling. In real life we, including myself, behave similarly if we are mad or hurt. WE lash out in petty way. hehhe

Drama Recaps: Emergency Couple: Episodes 1-2 by girlfriday | January 26, 2014 | 103 Comments
emergency01-00635a.jpg

Emergency Couple premiered over the weekend as tvN’s new Friday-Saturday show. I caught the first two episodes to see what it was all about, and as advertised, it’s a lighthearted medical workplace drama about a divorced couple reuniting, and the first episode delivers the expected setup to a tee, while the second episode is probably a better example of what the show will be like in future episodes. Tonally the show is a bit strange, but more on that later.

I’m not in love with it, but I did eventually come to like Song Ji-hyo’s underdog heroine and found myself rooting for her, even if it was to smash Choi Jin-hyuk’s nose into a wall to flatten his giant ego. It’s an understatement to say that he’s a bit of a pill; let’s just say it’s going to take some serious doing to get me to root for them to get back together romantically.

This is just a one-off recap for now, with no immediate plans to continue the rest of the series.

read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/emergency-couple-episodes-1-2/

emergency01-00163.jpg

Archived